Jump to content

Recommended Posts

KC’s defense was above average all year. Their offense for sure carried them but they got stops when they had to all postseason. SF had the game in the bag after mahome’s 2nd pick but the offense stalled 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

And KC, with a below average defense wins the super bowl. Shocker. 

"Since Week 11, the Chiefs have yielded just 11.5 points per game, a spectacular decrease from the 23.9 points per game they gave up through the first 10 weeks of the season. Teams ran all over Kansas City through those first 10 outings, to the tune of 148.1 yards per game. But ever since the mindset transformed during their trip south of the border, the Chiefs have allowed just 95 yards a game on the ground."

 

So they've been giving up 11.5 points per game since week 11 in the reg season.  Sounds like a defense playing on top of its game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

KC’s defense was above average all year. Their offense for sure carried them but they got stops when they had to all postseason. SF had the game in the bag after mahome’s 2nd pick but the offense stalled 

To be clear, they were down by 10+ points in every playoff game.


ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

To be clear, they were down by 10+ points in every playoff game.

That why I said above average, not great or elite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nonetheless....you don’t need to recreate the 85 Bears D to win the Super Bowl. And that is what McDefense has been trying to do since he stepped foot at OBD...


miserable that 70s show GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad clock management lost this game. 


Just my 2 Cents

 

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

 

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

 

"It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker: Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

 

''We will always be with you. No one's ever really gone.'' - Luke Skywalker Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

 

#Cup or Bust 2020 #Bowl or Bust 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

 Their quarterback is pretty good. I wish we had a chance at him. Oh wait ...

Oh please.  STFU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From about 2005 (when it sunk in that we were dysfunctional) until 2017, I just wanted a coach who could get us in the play offs.

Now I want more - but McDermott has been excellent.   I am going to appreciate what he has done and where we are now. 

The Detroits, Cincinnatis, Clevelands and Buffalos are tough nuts to crack.   Hats off.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FanBack said:

From about 2005 (when it sunk in that we were dysfunctional) until 2017, I just wanted a coach who could get us in the play offs.

Now I want more - but McDermott has been excellent.   I am going to appreciate what he has done and where we are now. 

The Detroits, Cincinnatis, Clevelands and Buffalos are tough nuts to crack.   Hats off.

And that says something. I think the Pegulas were sold the idea that a high flying offense won’t work in Buffalo but tough, gritty, blue collar defense would.


miserable that 70s show GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2020 at 10:10 PM, seandelevan said:

And KC, with a below average defense wins the super bowl. Shocker. 

I would agree with you in the first 4 or 5 games.  KC defense was below average.  However, the D for the chiefs really came on.  KC has a good  Defense and perhaps the best Offense in the league.  SF has a top 5 defense and a good Offense.  Game was pretty much balanced....couple of plays made the difference.  All in all you need both to win the superbowl!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, seandelevan said:

And that says something. I think the Pegulas were sold the idea that a high flying offense won’t work in Buffalo but tough, gritty, blue collar defense would.

You're right; and you're right about the offense also. 

 

You know, as desperate as Buffalo was, the Pegulas were probably convinced:

1)  If McDermott didn't have a down year in 2016 as DC, Buffalo couldn't have even sniffed him.  His down year was only because he didn't have a replacement for Josh Norman. 

2)  Defenses are easier to build than offenses.  Heck, they probably figured that McD would be more disciplined than Ryan.   They thought  'That alone might get us the extra game to get this team to the playoffs'.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...