Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Pegula’s continue to bully local media - “berates” local radio station

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

And this is what they’re mad about (literally pathetic).

the rock applause GIF

Hit me in the gut, too. And like him, I grew up loving Hockey more than anything else because of the Sabres. The Knox's made the team an integrated part of the city. Like the Bills now, in the 70's it was Sabres logos every where. The French Connection were royalty and like this guy said, when is this owner going to show his fucking face, with his tail between his legs and beg us to forgive him for flushing this team down the toilet.

Golisano was a better owner, ffs

• Thanks 1
  • Barf 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

24 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Fuck that, it SHOULD be wearing on him. It's wearing on me and I'm not even IN Buffalo. HE owns this team,. HE bought it and made promises and I want them delivered. I grew up with Sabres teams that were WINNERS. EVERY year. Competitive and well respected. Playoffs and finals in 5 years of joining the league.

This bullshit losing crap has gone on LONG enough! 

I want MY fucking Hockey team back!

You are a child.  Sheesh.

The sabres thing is absolutely bizarre, just goes to show that maybe we lucked out with Beane/Mcdermott controlling football operations with the Bills.  Pegula's are in over their heads

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

The sabres thing is absolutely bizarre, just goes to show that maybe we lucked out with Beane/Mcdermott controlling football operations with the Bills.  Pegula's are in over their heads

Without a doubt.

• Like 1

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

On 2/1/2020 at 8:58 AM, LiterateStylish said:

This is the best advice. Voting with your dollar is the best way to get change. Don't go to Sabers games until the team is better.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

23 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Maybe it's time to clean house and get rid of GM Jason Botterill and bring in a new scouting department.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

4 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Maybe it's time to clean house and get rid of GM Jason Botterill and bring in a new scouting department.

Isn’t that just repeating the same failed policy that the bills tried to execute for almost 2 decades?

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

the sabres themselves keep talking about a lack of desperation

well, they keep hiring nice guy coaches. how about hiring a stern taskmaster

• Like 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga

Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

Pegulas need to be hands off when it comes to hiring GMs and HCs.

My Retired AAB is Kyle Williams...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

U.S.Navy, Retired 1986-2015

10 minutes ago, SabreBill30 said:

Pegulas need to be hands off when it comes to hiring GMs and HCs.

I was listening to a replay of the Howard Stern show from last year when he was talking about Robert Kraft and how he admitted that he doesn’t know a damn thing about football so he hires people that do and he lets them do their job and he keeps his hands off of the football operation. 

Looking at the last 20 years I would say that’s a pretty good policy. The problem with most teams is that their owners, cough cough Jerry Jones, don’t know what damn thing about football, they buy a football team and then they try to run the team that they don’t know anything about.

Terry did a good job with the bills in letting guys who know what they’re doing have control with minimal input from him. Now he needs to do that with hockey

• Thanks 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Okay, I have not really followed hockey all that much since about the early 2000s, I know the Sabres were really good until about 2007 when they had those fugly trumpslug unis, so what exactly went wrong with them?  I remember back in the 90s that they were always at least competitive.  Yeah I had DirecTv growing up and I watched Empire Sports primarily for Bills news that I could not get in Missouri and Kansas, but I watched enough of Empire to know the Sabres were damn good and that Brad May and Matt Barnaby and Miraslov Satan were some bad boys who could probably play linebacker in the NFL, so WTF happened to them?  Also, is Rick Jeanarette still calling Sabres game or has he followed Van Miller to the pressbox in the sky?

wow. you really havent followed hockey

first off, yes rick is still calling most games, but he takes a bunch of games off. more each year. but its nice to even have the ones he does. and i know he just loves calling games. you can tell. but hes way past a typical announcers expiration date yet still has people eager to give him as many games as he can give. i'll take whatever schedule he wants

its really nice to have rick but the sabres are wasting him. jenner is really good but he'd always be better with a winning team. we dont know how many more years, how many more games rick is gonna do. it would suck if he ended his career on the heels of another sabres late season collapse

the main issue with the slug team was how regier totally mishandled his captain negotiations. he had this stupid policy of not negotiating contracts during the season. so he left it hanging out there thinking they would just let the first one leave, probably drury, and sign briere. but both guys got offers they liked and bolted, leaving regier looking like the idiot he was for having that policy and not locking down your best players. they we worried about which one do you offer first, and will the other player feel like second fiddle. so just keep raising the offers to each in alternating fashion until one of them would accept. that cuts lose the other one by default. but at least you kept one absolutely key player

i will say that i think both players lied to regier about their interest in remaining a sabre. that doesnt excuse regier's blunder but it does put some of the blame on the players for not living up to what they expressed prior. in negotiations you want to know if the players really were dedicated to staying a sabre, and regier obviously misread that in at least one case, probably briere. regier thought he had briere in his pocket, so thats either a terrible read by regier or a misrepresentation by briere. or a decent helping of both

still, none of that wouldnt have happened had regier just closed a contract with either of them during the season. most people though drury was the most likely to leave, briere felt more like a sabre for life. so why not just give a big raise to briere and let drury walk. i always wanted them to choose briere and just go with it. and it turns out that would have been the right choice. drury seemed to hit the wall shortly after leaving the sabres. he became slow and a lot less crafty. but briere was a beast for a few years there in philly. that woulda been sweet to have here instead

this started a systematic downfall for regier. it was painful to watch and im surprised they let it linger as long as they did. you dont recover from a losing both captains blunder. i said at the time if regier didnt have a good backup plan, like finding an equivalent replacement already lined up, i would have fired him on the spot. and i i dont think regier had a back up plan since we never saw one. it was like watching him wilting in front of your eyes. regier turned meek and scared. it was awkward. so it was a relief when they finally fired him

and replaced him with the worst coach in sabres history, but thats another story

• Thanks 2

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga

Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

6 hours ago, HipKat said:

I was listening to a replay of the Howard Stern show from last year when he was talking about Robert Kraft and how he admitted that he doesn’t know a damn thing about football so he hires people that do and he lets them do their job and he keeps his hands off of the football operation. 

Looking at the last 20 years I would say that’s a pretty good policy. The problem with most teams is that their owners, cough cough Jerry Jones, don’t know what damn thing about football, they buy a football team and then they try to run the team that they don’t know anything about.

Terry did a good job with the bills in letting guys who know what they’re doing have control with minimal input from him. Now he needs to do that with hockey

Jerry Jones is an egomaniac, and can't handle not being the center of attention. What other GM in the NFL has press conferences after every game? What other owner in the NFL has press conferences after every game?

I agree with you that Terry needs to be hands off with the Sabers and let the people he hired run things.

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg