So I have been hearing a lot of people complain about this draft and how we did bad. Ok what is the goal of the draft? Impact players that can start right? We had only 6 picks and no 1st or 4th and we will still get 50% of our picks to be contributors. Yes the Darby pick was not what we were thinking but McKelvin is so injury prone that you never know if he going to be good for the full season, Miller will compete and probably win the OG job if not will be a contributor next year just like darby, and we get Chandlers replacement with a 6 rounder that is about the same skill set except a better blocker for A LOT less money. And thats the guys we know are going to be contributors. Lets not forget we drafted another LB and it seems the scouting team is pretty good at that. We set ourselves up to do what we want in next years draft and keep grooming the young guys. Thats what the good teams do just saying.

What's not to hate?

"Every single day I went out there I tried to have respect for the game and I played as hard as I possibly could." Derek Jeter 9/25/14

thats just what fans do

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

So I have been hearing a lot of people complain about this draft and how we did bad. Ok what is the goal of the draft? Impact players that can start right? We had only 6 picks and no 1st or 4th and we will still get 50% of our picks to be contributors. Yes the Darby pick was not what we were thinking but McKelvin is so injury prone that you never know if he going to be good for the full season, Miller will compete and probably win the OG job if not will be a contributor next year just like darby, and we get Chandlers replacement with a 6 rounder that is about the same skill set except a better blocker for A LOT less money. And thats the guys we know are going to be contributors. Lets not forget we drafted another LB and it seems the scouting team is pretty good at that. We set ourselves up to do what we want in next years draft and keep grooming the young guys. Thats what the good teams do just saying.

I agree with you, but FYI: you won't get very far with optimism on this board. The Bills just had their best offseason ever in franchise history but it sounded like a Chicken Little convention here a few weeks ago.

Our first two picks will be playing a lot this year, if not both starting. O'Leary was the third rated TE according to most scouts and would have been a 2-3 round pick if not for an ankle injury last season. The RB is a special teams ace. These are all tough players, glue guys, to add to our offseason haul of Rex Ryan, Jerry Hughes, LeSean McCoy, Percy Harvin, and Charles Clay.

2015 is about #1 Defense, #1 Special Teams, ground and pound Offense with strategic big plays. This draft makes our team better. Low risk, maximum value. Solid.

anger comes from lack of knowledge, we did well.

Ignorance comes from following blindly.

Had we selected a guard like Tre' Jackson at 50 and Bryce Petty in the 3rd I'm sure ESPN would be raving about how we had such a great draft even though we didn't have a 1st. Instead the guys who really know what the are doing, gm's and scouts, passed on these players time and time again until picks 111 and 103.

Time will tell if Whaley made the right choices but if any message board, armchair gm thinks they know more about these draft picks and our roster than Whaley, Rex and our scouts they need to take a serious step back and get help.

Had we selected a guard like Tre' Jackson at 50 and Bryce Petty in the 3rd I'm sure ESPN would be raving about how we had such a great draft even though we didn't have a 1st. Instead the guys who really know what the are doing, gm's and scouts, passed on these players time and time again until picks 111 and 103.

Time will tell if Whaley made the right choices but if any message board, armchair gm thinks they know more about these draft picks and our roster than Whaley, Rex and our scouts they need to take a serious step back and get help.

You are right, I can't argue that. I would have taken Jackson in the third over miller though. I loved all the draft pundits that had us taking a QB early. If we had taken one they would have been all over it. I didn't care if we got one until in the 5th that Hundley was still there within 5 picks. At that point trade up and take him. No risk and good value. Hell, GB doesn't need one and they recognized that. Had they traded up for Hundley and traded up for Jay Ajayi I would feel much different about this draft. Not because we need a QB or RB but because of the value and that we did end up taking a RB anyways.

i wonder what would happen if the Bills drafted dudes they like? Shit. We might make the playoffs sometime this millennium? I dunno. I'm just like whatever. I know the ESPN dudes are hacks but it's not like our guys are any better ya know..because you know....we are always good....smh.

miserable that 70s show GIF

I think if you asked people before the draft should the Bills draft to fill needs or stick to your board a great majority would say draft the best player available. Yet, for some reason after the Bills took a CB in the 2nd they flipped out. Whaley said he was the best player on their board and there is no question we will need a starting cb in the next few years and Rex leans heavily on the position. Sounds like a,solid pick to me.

The only position I absolutely thought needed to be addressed in the draft was competition for the starting guard spot. I think we got that in the 3rd.

I'll wait and see about the other picks but I think there is some potential.

I had some hate at first, especially with the Darby pick. But after doing some reading and viewing some hi-lights I'm on board with the picks. :niterider

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

What's not to hate?

Have you ever been positive about the Bills? Seem like you love to be negative all the time.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

finally, someone talking some sense

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Have you ever been positive about the Bills? Seem like you love to be negative all the time.

And for the last 15 years you've been one of the most positive guys. How's that working out? Maybe over that time period, a couple of the Bills moves deserved to be questioned.

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

Its a crap shoot! Its way too early to project success or Failure! I think frustration is a good word. I follow the draft, pick the players I want, and when they get selected by other teams and become successful it frustrates the shit out of me !

I do think all the free agency signing the Bills did this year takes the edge off the draft. Could this be the year we go to the playoffs?

Seems like I've been absolutely correct, too. On the other hand, you like to bullshit yourself.

I was the most positive Bills fan on Earth when Bill Polian was GM. Since the Polian/Butler era, this team has been the poster child for incompetence, and when I see an out and out sucker like Doug Whaley set the franchise back even further when we finally have an owner willing to spend the money to win, it makes my blood boil.

"Every single day I went out there I tried to have respect for the game and I played as hard as I possibly could." Derek Jeter 9/25/14

Our 2nd round pick may have stood by and watched while Winston raped a girl. Please don't tell me that Winston is innocent because he was not charged. Anyone who read the facts of the case knows the Tallahassee PD's investigation was a complete joke.

We drafted a running back who beats up women and is a drug dealer. I have heard some people bring up the young guys make mistakes with this one but I think if you are in your late teens/early 20's and beating up women, it is likely you are a scumbag for life.

Also how many years are we just going to ignore the QB position?

Our 2nd round pick may have stood by and watched while Winston raped a girl. Please don't tell me that Winston is innocent because he was not charged. Anyone who read the facts of the case knows the Tallahassee PD's investigation was a complete joke.

We drafted a running back who beats up women and is a drug dealer. I have heard some people bring up the young guys make mistakes with this one but I think if you are in your late teens/early 20's and beating up women, it is likely you are a scumbag for life.

Also how many years are we just going to ignore the QB position?

So you are judge and jury here? I bet you thought the Duke lacrosse team was guilty too, along with the Virginia fraternity.

Would you have been against drafting Randy Moss and Warren Sapp?

So you are judge and jury here? I bet you thought the Duke lacrosse team was guilty too, along with the Virginia fraternity.

Would you have been against drafting Randy Moss and Warren Sapp?

How hard are you trying to justify everything the Bills do? The Winston investigation was a joke and Williams beat up his girlfriend. The pictures are out there for all the see and the only reason he wasn't charged is because she refused to testify, an unfortunate thing that happens in man domestic violence cases. Bury your head in the sand all you want but it happened. Like I said before I there are a lot of things Whaley has done that I like but drafting guys who beat up women and not drafting QB's are not some of them. Believe or not, not everything the Bills front office does is good. These are very legit concerns and the lengths you and others will go to defend them show just how skewed your opinion is.

The Williams pick really has me. Not a need, not really a good player, definitely not a good person. He's the hat trick of bad picks.

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

The Bills are the perfect case study for anyone who doubts whether the Sabres did the right thing by tanking.

Instead of perpetual mediocrity/bottom dwelling, the Sabres endured two years of suffering (their word) and got their franchise player/QB equivalent (Eichel).

Meanwhile the Bills have been wandering in the desert with no QB for 20 years.

At least maybe they could find new and different ways to disappoint us, like trading two first rounders for a QB, instead of a fucking Wide Receiver.

This is not to suggest that the Bills should tank, but they sure as hell need to address the QB problem in some drastic, urgent way, or we will be having this exact same conversation into perpetuity.