Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

Beane hinting he might draft another RB in April?

On a COVER1 Stick To Football Podcast, Beane was quoted to say:

BEANE:  "Devin Singletary came on this year, but you're always needing multiple backs - so another player at RB"

The Bills met with at least one RB at the Senior Bowl, RB Eno Benjamin, that we know of.  Eno is kinda of in the Devin Singletary mold.   3rd/4th round?

RB Joshua Kelley UCLA had a really good Senior Bowl game.   15 carries for 105 yards.   IMO he looked explosive.    3rd/4th round?
Plenty of quality backs should be available in the middle rounds.  It will be interesting to see who Beane might target in the middle rounds.

• Thanks 1

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

I'm down with that but the guy we need should be a pounder like Frank Gore and I wouldn't draft one any higher than the 2nd round.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

19 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

I'm down with that but the guy we need should be a pounder like Frank Gore and I wouldn't draft one any higher than the 2nd round.

Feel the same way.  I think they'll find a nice big complimentary back to Singletary after round 2.

Good.

im all for anyone who can help this offense score FUCKING POINTS! my GOD how can it be that hard?! 

miserable that 70s show GIF

17 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Good.

im all for anyone who can help this offense score FUCKING POINTS! my GOD how can it be that hard?! 

How about a punter in round 2 and a corner in round 3???  LOL

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Etienne.

Etienne went back to college, so unfortunately he is not in this draft. I'm a big fan of his, maybe Buffalo can get him in 2021.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

2 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

The 5'11" 219 lb Jonathan Taylor or the 5'10" 222 lb Zach Moss should be available in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

10 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Good.

I agree.  I'd have no problem if they want to run the ball a little more so long as they do it the modern way which would be all the motions and using the QB.  

As for RB, first of all, TJ Yeldon is a solid player who should be active on game days.  Secondly, I'd have no problem signing a free agent RB that we know can get the job done.  Not a high end contract, but I'd be interested in Jordan Howard for the right price.  

I hate the idea of a "thunder and lightning" sort of duo in the backfield.  That never works b/c defenses know what's coming.  You need multiple good backs with skills that overlap so your offense has the same plays available no matter who is in there.  That's what killed us with Gore, defenses knew what to do when he was in there.  And if Singletary goes down in a game, you lose everything you want to do b/c Gore and Perry can't do it.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Sure a bigger one.  Why not in the mid rounds?

I wouldn't get caught up with that.  Its the same thing people are saying about WR...that we need to add a certain element to that position.  I don't buy it.  Just get another good player.  I'd take another Singletary in a heartbeat.  

• Like 1

they need a game breaking running back more than a big back(but need both)....

would love to get a scat back type/home run threat to add. singletary is great but he isn't much of a home run threat shown by the fact teh bills longest run of the year was a josh allen run against houston. can't argue a bigger back is needed as well. hope they look to add one in FA and one in the middle rounds

12 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

How about a punter in round 2 and a corner in round 3???  LOL

The Bills have a lot of picks in the 5th & 6th rounds.  They better be looking at drafting a punter with one of those picks.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billsin2050 said:

they need a game breaking running back more than a big back(but need both)....

would love to get a scat back type/home run threat to add. singletary is great but he isn't much of a home run threat shown by the fact teh bills longest run of the year was a josh allen run against houston. can't argue a bigger back is needed as well. hope they look to add one in FA and one in the middle rounds

That's why I like Matt Breida in free agency. Breida is 5'11" and 195 lbs and has 4.38 40 speed, so he can take it to the house on any touch.

Breida is a restricted free agent but I doubt San Francisco will designate him with a 1st round or 2nd round tender because it increases the money they have to pay him, even though they get back a 1st round or 2nd round draft pick as compensation.

I wouldn't mind drafting a big physical RB in the mid to late rounds as well to compete with TJ Yeldon and Christian Wade.

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

15 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Good.

Don't forget, defense wins championships!

Seriously, if they draft a corner or DE or DT in the first round, I'm going to be going on a shopping spree the next door to replace the tv, laptop, and phone I break.

• Haha 1

MY FOUR FAVORITE TEAMS:

1) THE BLUE JAYS 2) THE BILLS

3) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE RED SOX

4) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE PACHEATIOTS

:bills:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetsy

Imagine, Patsie fans thinking something was amiss in A super Bowl. I bet they thought they had a monopoly on cheating. LOL

7 hours ago, Mainejays said:

Don't forget, defense wins championships!

Seriously, if they draft a corner or DE or DT in the first round, I'm going to be going on a shopping spree the next door to replace the tv, laptop, and phone I break.

How big is your credit limit on your Visa card because you might need it.   I think there is a decent chance the Bills draft either an Edge Rusher (or Corner) in the 1st round.....and a WR in the 2nd or 3rd.

20 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

The 5'11" 219 lb Jonathan Taylor or the 5'10" 222 lb Zach Moss should be available in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Drafting a RB in the 2nd round would really surprise me.  (Although I wouldn't hate having Zach Moss added to our roster...)

It was interesting that the Bills met with RB Eno Benjamin, Arizona State at the Senior Bowl.  He is not a big guy...his running style is similar to Singletary's.   I would have thought the Bills might focus on a bigger back to pair with Devin.  Maybe they want a RB that is similar enough to Devin to be able to swap them in and out and not have to change formations/scheme.

FYI.  I find Patrick Taylor Jr., Memphis an interesting option.   Almost 6'3" 229lbs he is that "bigger back"...yet has some speed.  His medical tests at the combine will be the real determining factor in his Draft status.     He might be available when the Bills pick in the 4th round.