bortz

Bills rank worst for draft grades in AFC East from NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000489141/article/2015-nfl-draft-day-1-quicksnap-grades-for-afc-teams

"Buffalo Bills:

Draft picks: CB Ronald Darby (No. 50 overall), OG John Miller (No. 81 overall)

Day 1 grade: N/A

Day 2 grade: B-

Overall grade: B-

The skinny: If we had to give a grade for Day 1, it would be a C-minus. The Bills traded away what would have been a good pick this year in order to move up a few spots for Sammy Watkins in last year's wide receiver-rich draft. Darby doesn't exactly fill a glaring need, but he has tremendous quickness and can be a nickel guy from Day 1. Miller fits in perfectly with Rex Ryan's system."

What would have been a good pick? 9 and 19 for 3 is beyond a fair trade.

And I hate these grade shits. Bills 2009 draft was acclaimed and wood is the only player left from it. Most of the picks never made the team.

Stop crying.

Captain obvious. This draft is a post term abortion.

Yeah but, um, hmmm, we got the BP(s)A lol Damn Whaley and that pick last year.

Grading a draft as it happens is the dumbest thing in the world. Every single team that picked in the first round thinks it got a great player and the fact is that half of them did not.

Find me one person that thought Aaron Curry was going to suck a few years ago?

I'm glad the other three teams were able to get what the media perceives to be great value because they drafted players later than people had seen them picked in mock drafts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000489141/article/2015-nfl-draft-day-1-quicksnap-grades-for-afc-teams

"Buffalo Bills:

The skinny: If we had to give a grade for Day 1, it would be a C-minus. The Bills traded away what would have been a good pick this year in order to move up a few spots for Sammy Watkins in last year's wide receiver-rich draft. Darby doesn't exactly fill a glaring need, but he has tremendous quickness and can be a nickel guy from Day 1. Miller fits in perfectly with Rex Ryan's system."

It's hard to argue with anything he said. In hide sight the Bills gave up too much for Watkins, when they could have had Beckham, Erving and who ever they would have drafted in the 4th. I've seen nothing to tell me that Darby will be any better then all the other CBs the Bills always draft. Yet another RB? They drafted a LB in the 6th that I could not find a draft profile on the internet for. This draft is a C at best.

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

I grade this draft apart from EJ and Watkins. And just based on what we had to work with. I don't get it. Looks like we went with the best Rex Ryan Guy Available. Not a fan of drafting Corners that are under 6 feet or any player in the 2nd round that is a "developmental" player. I am more excited about our 5th and 2nd 6th round picks. The rest are meh. Our corners are fine and we have drafted a CB every year. I think it is so ironic when we hear people say that you can never have enough CB's after all it is a passing league. By that same mantra wouldn't you draft a QB every year especially if you don't have one? Green Bay, Denver, and NE have the top three QB's in the league and they have consistently taken QB's each year. That is aside from the fact that we are trying to be a running team in a passing league.

I grade this draft apart from EJ and Watkins. And just based on what we had to work with. I don't get it. Looks like we went with the best Rex Ryan Guy Available. Not a fan of drafting Corners that are under 6 feet or any player in the 2nd round that is a "developmental" player. I am more excited about our 5th and 2nd 6th round picks. The rest are meh. Our corners are fine and we have drafted a CB every year. I think it is so ironic when we hear people say that you can never have enough CB's after all it is a passing league. By that same mantra wouldn't you draft a QB every year especially if you don't have one? Green Bay, Denver, and NE have the top three QB's in the league and they have consistently taken QB's each year. That is aside from the fact that we are trying to be a running team in a passing league.

I get the point that you are trying to make but the fact is that you play one QB but often have 3 CBs on the field. Plus CB is a more physical position prone to injury. Lastly, your 3rd-5th CBs make up a lot of your special teams.

As for the Watkins trade, it's over and done with. Lets let time tell us how we did...not one year.

same shit every draft

6fcryingbabygirlj

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

NFL.com can choke on a can of dicks. :niterider

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

I get the point that you are trying to make but the fact is that you play one QB but often have 3 CBs on the field. Plus CB is a more physical position prone to injury. Lastly, your 3rd-5th CBs make up a lot of your special teams.

I don't usually think of cb as a physical position but it definitely is. We constantly are seeing our corners miss games and without depth qb's are going to pick on the guy taking the starters place.

I don't know of any stats about what position gets injured most but with the Bills it seems to be the secondary.

I don't usually think of cb as a physical position but it definitely is. We constantly are seeing our corners miss games and without depth qb's are going to pick on the guy taking the starters place.

I don't know of any stats about what position gets injured most but with the Bills it seems to be the secondary.

Agreed. Additionally, we all sit here and rave about how Rex is going to have this defense playing well because he always does and so we should all expect him to do what he always does and that's draft CBs. Rex likes to bring exotic pressures and you need CBs to cover. They had crap CBs in NY this year and it killed them. With our pass rush and a good back end QBs will either be sacked immediately by the DL talent or eventually by having nobody open.

Plus this frees them up to move Corey Graham to safety if they want.

NFL.com can choke on a can of dicks. :niterider

You should see what the ESPN douche Kiper said, gave the Bills the worst grade, a "C". SI also gave the Bills a "C". Here is the SI version. Don't have access to the entire ESPN/Kiper idiocy because I am not an "Insider". Refuse to pay for their mindless drivel...

SI Comments & Links:

"Buffalo
Bills
: C

The Bills started this draft at a disadvantage, having coughed up their first-round selection to add Sammy Watkins last year. They did well at No. 50 to add a borderline round 1 talent in cornerback Ronald Darby, but it's hard to guarantee any of their other picks will make an impact. Guard John Miller (No. 81) has the clearest shot. Buffalo is thin at guard and Miller, though limited overall, fits the mauler mold Rex Ryan favors. Sixth-round tight end Nick O'Leary was productive at Florida State. Can he find any playing time with two players similar to him in style, Charles Clay and Chris Gragg, ahead of him on the depth chart?​—CB"

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/05/02/2015-nfl-draft-grades-winners-losers#bills

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible."

- Deepak Chopra

"There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."

- Denis Waitley: Motivational speaker and writer

Plus this frees them up to move Corey Graham to safety if they want.

This is what I'm thinking too.

A reporter asked Whaley about moving Graham to safety and he replied that was an option but it is up to the coaches to make that choice, not the gm.

Draft was fine..guess we will REALLY know in 3 or so years....do we really care what grades we got from NFL.com or anywhere else...im betting almost any year..no matter who we got you can find 5 places 3 of them saying we got a A 2 of them saying we got a D- (this is the same for all teams BTW)

Adopt a Bill

11594018.jpg

Whaley has sucked at drafting since he got here.

I don't need any article to tell me that.

I think he has done great..imagine that 2 different opinions.

Adopt a Bill

11594018.jpg

they actually used as an example to support their grade that O'Leary has to play behind Gragg and Clay? Wait, a 6th rounder having to play behind Clay??? Like he can't beat out Gragg who hasn't progressed in 3 years?? Wow, you can dismiss their entire evaluation as the utterings of a blundering idiot.

Whaley has sucked at drafting since he got here.

I don't need any article to tell me that.

So Nix was good then?

The defense was a top 5 unit last year. Kyle and McKelvin were the only leftovers.

Mario was a free agent signing that no one thought could happen.

The Hughes trade was a great move

Dareus, A. Williams, D. Williams, Bradham, Brown, Gilmore, Searcy, Kiko that's pretty good drafting on the defensive side of the ball since 2011.

Charles, Bryant and Robey signed as UDFA or after brief stints with other teams after being UDFA.

I don't see how it can be argued that at least on the defensive side of the ball, Whaley and Nix made a number of good calls.

The offensive side of the ball hasnt been as good but Glenn, Woods, and Watkins are all very good players. Henderson has been a steal.

Whaley loaded up on playmakers this year, Harvin, Clay, and McCoy.

The oline hasn't went ignored. Glenn in the second, Kujo 2nd, Miller 3rd, Richardson was considered a steal in 5th by plenty of experts and fans last year, Henderson was a good pickup in the 7th. By multiple reports Whaley offered more money then Bulaga took from the Packers.

To say he sucks at drafting, or the team sucks at drafting since he got here is ignorant.

Some of you guys act like we are still running Denney and Kelsay out there and bringing guys like Chris Watson in to be punt catchers.

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

So Nix was good then?

The defense was a top 5 unit last year. Kyle and McKelvin were the only leftovers.

Mario was a free agent signing that no one thought could happen.

The Hughes trade was a great move

Dareus, A. Williams, D. Williams, Bradham, Brown, Gilmore, Searcy, Kiko that's pretty good drafting on the defensive side of the ball since 2011.

Charles, Bryant and Robey signed as UDFA or after brief stints with other teams after being UDFA.

I don't see how it can be argued that at least on the defensive side of the ball, Whaley and Nix mad a number of good calls.

The offensive side of the ball hasnt been as good but Glenn, Woods, and Watkins are all very good players. Henderson has been a steal.

Whaley loaded up on playmakers this year, Harvin, Clay, and McCoy.

The oline hasn't went ignored. Glenn in the second, Kujo 2nd, Miller 3rd, Richardson was considered a steal in 5th by plenty of experts and fans last year, Henderson was a good pickup in the 7th. By multiple reports Whaley offered more money then Bulaga took from the Packers.

To say he sucks at drafting, or the team sucks at drafting since he got here is ignorant.

Some of you guys act like we are still running Denney and Kelsay out there and bringing guys like Chris Watson in to be punt catchers.

Damn, that was well said.

The powers that be have no political affiliation.

BILL HICKS IS MY CO-PILOT

http://www.democracynow.org - news for those who refuse to be considered cattle.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children . . . Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Damn, that was well said.

I try not to be a homer, but to say the drafts have sucked since he arrived is wrong.

Everyone loved the picks last year of all the offensive lineman. It didn't work out, but I don't fault Whaley for not picking 3 new lineman this year. Develop your talent and add competition. They needed guards they brought in Incognito and Miller.

Whaley and Nix weren't perfect, no GM is. The EJ pick was dog shit, most people said as much at the time. It was a calculated risk though. Picking up an extra 2nd rounder was smart business.

TJ Graham and Goodwin were bad picks. I think Whaley has learned his lesson with track guys. Again I understood the logic. Get guys that demand safety help, open up the rest of the field. Graham is just not that good and Goodwin can't stay healthy.

Finally if you look at the drafts since 2010, they get progressively better. The first year was all over the place, I think they were trying to show they were the smartest guy in the room. Troup, Carrington, Moats, Batten. Smaller school type guys who were all probably overdrafted. That process has been streamlined the last couple years, and it's led to the addition of 6 starters drafted I the last 6 years, and 2 others Searcy and Kiko who will be starters on other teams this year.

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

rexys d needs corners. glaring hole at g. boom. boom.

possible douchbag rb has a pretty good shot to take a spot. rest are dice rolls

they are all in with the qbs they got for now. theyve needed a qb or three in the pipeline for forever but this was still a good year to pass once their picks came up

if these qbs fail then they will spend to get the next guy. hows the crop next year?

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

"Buffalo Bills:

Last year the same writers down graded last years draft for what we gave up. I guess that next year they will down grade us again because we will need to draft a position we could have had the previous year if we hadn't traded away the pick......boring

McCoy is the NFLs leading Rusher in the last 5 years and Harvin made play after play in the Superbowl when the Seahawks won...

yeah lets ignore any positives..