Yeah,

Nick is great.

Except he isn't fast enough to beat NFL overages and many scouts doubt he's strong enough to win 1 on 1 battles in run blocking.

Other than that, he's perfect!

Oh yeah and Scott Chandler was a Jet going up and down the field and he was mauling guys all over the line.

I like Chandler a lot and was one of my favorite players to cheer for but O'Leary to me is a better version of him and only time will tell.

You have to admit our talent at TE/FB is much better this year then the last few..

Pat Williams and Winfield were tough loses and were during a time where we were more restricted money wise. Clements wasnt worth what he got along with Byrd. and Bledsoe?? you do know he sucked in Dallas..

That's not true at all.

The Bills have a history of getting rid of players when they shouldn't have.

Winfield

Big Pat

Clements

Bledsoe

etc

Those were pro bowl players. chandler has never made an impact that they have, ever.

Yeah,

Nick is great.

Except he isn't fast enough to beat NFL overages and many scouts doubt he's strong enough to win 1 on 1 battles in run blocking.

Other than that, he's perfect!

Omg. How good was scoot chandler in bed for you?

jillies1_zps849e2f3f.jpg

What did Whaley have to do with Winfield, Clements, and Pat Williams?

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

That's not true at all.

The Bills have a history of getting rid of players when they shouldn't have.

Winfield

Big Pat

Clements

Bledsoe

etc

Ha this is starting to reach junglehomer-level idiocy. Except you're his evil twin who rips apart the team for cutting journeyman TEs, then hyperbolizes by equating to pro bowlers who left 100 years ago.

First of all Whaley didn't get rid of those guys,

second of all Clements was horrrrrible on SF and Bledsoe was a disaster on the Bills who quickly flamed out and got benched in Dallas.

Third of all good players come and go in the NFL and the FAs you gain are eventually balanced out by the FAs lost. You seem to have little to no understanding of free agency/salary cap concept where EVERY TEAM inevitably loses some quality players.

They say hindsight is 20-20. Yours is 20-10.

Thats business

First of all, HORSESHIT.

Secondly, Whaley took responsibility when he thought he was taking credit. It was before EJ proved to be the steaming pile that so many of us feared he'd be.

And Whaley's ego has prevented him from finding a real solution to what is far and away this team's Achille's heel.

He has wasted so many resources trying to prove he wasn't wrong about Manuel that it will eventually be his undoing.

"Every single day I went out there I tried to have respect for the game and I played as hard as I possibly could." Derek Jeter 9/25/14

Lol give EJ chance its his 3rd year and Marone was an idiot. Im still rooting for EJ. Hes a good guy and deserves a couple years. They said he was raw comingout and shouldnt start right away, he needed to be groomed. This is his last chance, Whaley said himself. Im ok with Cassel if EJ can't do it.

Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.

Steaming pile?? Lmao hes played 14 games wtf are you guys Nazi's?

Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.

Whaleys ego? Who do u want to replace him with? Who do you got that he can replace him with? I honestly believe they tried to get Rivers. Where there's smoke there's fire.

Nix drafted EJ by the way, not Whaley. He gets a free pass on that.

Yes, a steaming pile. He is incurably inaccurate and he will be regardless of whether his HC is Marrone, Ryan, or the ghost of Bill Walsh.

He is a flawed flop of a player whose problems can't be fixed, and every day this team keeps him on the roster is a day farther from a solution to its QB problem.

Whaley does not, for the MILLIONTH time, get a free pass on the EJ gaffe. He publicly took credit for having a huge part in the decision at the time, then he doubled and tripled down by apparently resolving to never draft another QB again.

"Every single day I went out there I tried to have respect for the game and I played as hard as I possibly could." Derek Jeter 9/25/14

Dude!! 14 games. Give him this off season at least. Is he inaccurate or a timing issue or an issue with his feet, throwing off his back foot, not stepping into the throw? It maybe coachable. I dont think u can tell in 14 games. I dint need qhaley to draft a QB this year cuz i didnt see a future star passed the 1st 2. We have a 1st year and i guarantee it will be on a qb if ej blows it.

First of all, HORSESHIT.

Secondly, Whaley took responsibility when he thought he was taking credit. It was before EJ proved to be the steaming pile that so many of us feared he'd be.

And Whaley's ego has prevented him from finding a real solution to what is far and away this team's Achille's heel.

He has wasted so many resources trying to prove he wasn't wrong about Manuel that it will eventually be his undoing.

What are you talking about? Didn't he just trade for Cassel and sign Taylor for an open QB competition? He's not publicly backing EJ, he's made it clear that he doesn't think there's a franchise QB on this team...so your drivel about his "ego" is irrelevant and stupid.

What did you want him to do? Send next year's first for Bradford? (:barf:)

Swing a trade for Rivers or Brees who are both getting old and weren't really available in the first place?

He's being patient, and he's building the rest of the roster as best he can until they do find that guy that they can plug in. You and Lit's constant bitching comes off as plain stupidity.

Wagon are you really that stupid? Bringing up QB... What mother fucking QB did you want to get? Idiot. There were two fucking good QBs in this draft and unless you had a top 2 pick you weren't getting them.

You can win a Super Bowl with an average QB. See Trent dilfer and brad johnson.

So called "elite" QBs like Rivers, Romo, Stafford etc haven't won shit.

Dilfer and Johnson are the names every brings up, but recall how outrageously dominant those defenses were? Those defenses were loaded with Hall of Fame talent and are routinely brought up as the best defenses of all time. Our D last year, as great as it was, gave up 100 more points than either.

Not only has Whaley taken responsibility for the failed pick, he took ownership of it when he failed to draft a QB since the pick, not even signing a FA QB until last year's training camp was over. He then tripled-down by spending two first rounders in a misguided effort to "help" Manuel--thereby setting the franchise back 4 or 5 years.

Whaley hasn't been good at bringing in QBs, but he has done it in bunches. Since the offseason where he drafted Manuel, we've brought in: Kevin Kolb, Thad Lewis, Jordan Palmer, Matt Leinart, Matt Flynn, Jeff Tuel, Kyle Orton, and now Matt Cassel and Tyrod Taylor. Now, I won't pretend that's a great track record, and of them only Kolb, Orton, and Cassel had the starting resume to challenge Manuel, but he has been aggressively churning for someone to manage games and protect the defense.

I agree I would have liked to see more effort to bring in a QB, but then I haven't really seen any QBs that would be guaranteed upgrades either.

The sole screw up I think Whaley made was the year he drafted EJ.. Alex Smith was a available FA/trade type guy...is he a great QB? id not say great..but is he better than what we have? YUP and at least he is competent..IMO you would have MADE the playoffs last year if Alex Smith had been the Bills QB. He would be the one fuckup I place at Whaleys feet...He would have at least been good enough for playoffs. Heck we talk about "average" QB play making this team a SB contender...Smith is a NFL Average QB at the least maybe a bit(slightly) above because he can actually move about a bit and make plays with his feet(as the Bills saw when he beat them after the Bills dominated most of that game).

Whaley should have done 2 things that year. Brought in Alex Smith as the starter and then if he wanted Drafted a QB(still most likely EJ and im FINE with that) to sit behind Smith to learn. Then lets say EJ actually learns and is decent you have another asset or your QB of the future and at worst trade bait...

Alex Smith is A) crap and B) too expensive for us. Kansas City gave up 2 2nds to get him, and they were drafting 33rd that year. How many picks would you have thrown at KC to get him? The man hasn't thrown a TD pass to a wideout in over a calendar year.

xfnjfd.jpg

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be Bills fans

What are you talking about? Didn't he just trade for Cassel and sign Taylor for an open QB competition? He's not publicly backing EJ, he's made it clear that he doesn't think there's a franchise QB on this team...so your drivel about his "ego" is irrelevant and stupid.

Swing a trade for Rivers or Brees who are both getting old and weren't really available in the first place?

He's being patient, and he's building the rest of the roster as best he can until they do find that guy that they can plug in. You and Lit's constant bitching comes off as plain stupidity.

This team would win a Super Bowl with Rivers.

They won't even make the playoffs with the revolving cast of no talent never-has-beens that Whaley has plucked from the scrap heap.

QB should be job one. Instead of being so creative at wasting draft choices bringing in Wide Receivers wherein the team has no one to throw to them, he should invest every ounce of energy and creativity coming up with a solution at the most important position on the team.

While he's being patient, Mario Williams, Kyle Williams are getting older, Marcel Dareus is getting a year closer to Free Agency, and the window of playing with the advantage of a very good Defense closes a little more.

And Sam Bradford, while you eat your own puke, is 10x the QB that your hero EJ is.

They won't even make the playoffs with the revolving cast of no talent never-has-beens that Whaley has plucked from the scrap heap.

QB should be job one. Instead of being so creative at wasting draft choices bringing in Wide Receivers wherein the team has no one to throw to them, he should invest every ounce of energy and creativity coming up with a solution at the most important position on the team.

While he's being patient, Mario Williams, Kyle Williams are getting older, Marcel Dareus is getting a year closer to Free Agency, and the window of playing with the advantage of a very good Defense closes a little more.

And Sam Bradford, while you eat your own puke, is 10x the QB that your hero EJ is.

Rivers is on the last year of his deal and would absolutely make a fuss about playing in Buffalo. He's a southern boy and would have no interest in coming here....its a pipe dream. Plus, how do you know Whaley didn't make a call about him? I'm sure he did. Would you like to trade a first for Rivers and have him sign elsewhere after one season? If so, you're just brilliant.

If Whaley traded next year's first for an injury prone, extremely overpaid and unproven Sam Bradford you'd be happy? That's horseshit. He's a huge question mark and trading next year's pick for him would be absolutely idiotic. Whaley is aggressive, and depending on where that pick is he may be able to maneuver and get one of the better QB's in the draft for 1/6 of the cost.

You also have yet to acknowledge that you were wrong in saying that he's still putting all his eggs in the EJ basket. He clearly isn't. Cassel and Taylor are two very legitimate threats to take the starting job (Cassel moreso than Taylor). Your argument is falling apart. You say he doesn't bring in QB's, but he does. Newsflash: good quarterbacks are not easy to find.

Tell me, what is this obvious, ideal "quick fix" for the QB situation? I'm very interested to know.

Rivers is on the last year of his deal and would absolutely make a fuss about playing in Buffalo. He's a southern boy and would have no interest in coming here....its a pipe dream. Plus, how do you know Whaley didn't make a call about him? I'm sure he did. Would you like to trade a first for Rivers and have him sign elsewhere after one season? If so, you're just brilliant.

There were reports that his wife was saying hell no to Buffalo too

So are you saying that Arizona has a better defense and offense then us? They seemed to make the playoffs with the revolving QB last year.

There were reports that his wife was saying hell no to Buffalo too

Exactly. No chance he was coming here. It would've been absolutely awesome if somehow he decided to and signed an extension with us (I would've given up next year's first for that) but that was never going to happen.

Some people are just never going to be happy. Whaley did a great job in free agency this year, getting players that can get us to the playoffs. He built a team that doesn't have to rely completely on qb play.

Some people are just never going to be happy. Whaley did a great job in free agency this year, getting players that can get us to the playoffs. He built a team that doesn't have to rely completely on qb play.

Yep.

So are you saying that Arizona has a better defense and offense then us? They seemed to make the playoffs with the revolving QB last year.

Arizona doesn't play in the AFC East.

Rivers is on the last year of his deal and would absolutely make a fuss about playing in Buffalo..

Guess what? One of us actually knows Phil. Is it you?.....No? Guess who that leaves.

If Whaley traded next year's first for an injury prone, extremely overpaid and unproven Sam Bradford you'd be happy? .

Yes, I would rather have an injury prone QB with talent than the talentless, injury prone QB the Bills have.

Tell me, what is this obvious, ideal "quick fix" for the QB situation? I'm very interested to know.

So, help me out here. Tell me where I said it was obvious. I'll wait.

No? Can't find that quote?

Didn't think so.

I'd start by finding a GM who has his priorities in order. First, that GM would understand the importance of the QB position. Second, he would put the team above self-glorification. And third, he would be smart enough and creative enough to figure out a way to come up with solutions to less than obvious problems--especially when those problems have the team stuck in place and out of the playoffs for a record stretch.

But I get it. That's OK with you. As long was you have talking heads like Whaley telling you that there's hope, you'll quietly fork over your cash like a good sheep. That's enough for some people. I'm just not one of those people.