Can we get rid of this joker yet?

Gives up a 4th rounder last year for Bryce Brown ... Who will now most likely be cut to make room for the RB he drafted the following year.

Our TE depth is crap, so what does he do? He cuts Chandler for absolutely no reason and then skips TE in the draft.

To top it all off, he uses our #1 pick on a position that is not in need. May be at some point, but it isn't now.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Lol uhhh what about Clay?

There's no need for a Lee Smith type.

Roman will employ 6 OL in those spots,

Gragg is serviceable and Gray will get a long look in camp.

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

I'd love to see them get O'leary somehow in the 6th.

Chandler is the definition of an average player and a bad fit for Romans offense.

I'm a huge Iowa Hawkeye fan so if anyone had an agenda for Chandler, it'd be me. He had a good feel for finding soft spots in zones. He was an underwhelming blocker, no threat for YAC and didn't make as many red zone plays as a 6'7 guy should.

Chandler was a great 2nd string TE that we used as a starter. I think we should have kept him. Chris Gragg has had 3 years to develop and has done nothing to warrant it.

Can we see the guy play before you call the pick stupid?

Drafting for need gets you nowhere fast. Your needs today may not be your needs tomorrow. What's the point of drafting a TE if he is a shitty player?

I've become a Whaley fan. I think he knows what he's doing.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

welcome to Buffalo Nick

Jack Nicklaus' grandson. How cool is that?

Complaining about cutting a back up te who was being paid like a starter and couldn't block. Wow.

I hear the bills finally got that Catholic guy. What's that, it isn't Phillip Rivers. It's Nick o' Leary.

Now is the time to look forward as we put this dreadful Era behind.

rangeroamer.jpg

Hey, did we get a QB?

Cut/paste last year's answer:

No.

"Every single day I went out there I tried to have respect for the game and I played as hard as I possibly could." Derek Jeter 9/25/14

I've become a Whaley fan. I think he knows what he's doing.

He drafted EJ Manuel in the 1st round. He doesn't know what he's doing.

He drafted EJ Manuel in the 1st round. He doesn't know what he's doing.

....And a quality QB makes a wide receiver, not the other way around.

The powers that be have no political affiliation.

BILL HICKS IS MY CO-PILOT

http://www.democracynow.org - news for those who refuse to be considered cattle.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children . . . Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hey, did we get a QB?

No.

Cut/paste the last 20 years answers:

NO

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

This draft was not about getting impact players except oline if we were in the right spot. In reality we did not need the draft this year and we ready to go. The draft for this year was about grooming the team and creating competition. And competition makes everyone better. Just saying its not flashy but we just got chandlers replacement in the 6th round for next to nothing compared to what we had to pay him.

Hey, did we get a QB?

No.

There's always next year

Now is the time to look forward as we put this dreadful Era behind.

rangeroamer.jpg

This draft was not about getting impact players except oline if we were in the right spot. In reality we did not need the draft this year and we ready to go. The draft for this year was about grooming the team and creating competition. And competition makes everyone better. Just saying its not flashy but we just got chandlers replacement in the 6th round for next to nothing compared to what we had to pay him.

He was making 1.8 mil that's like nothing for a 2nd string TE.

I forgot that we were so close to winning the superbowl last year. Just a draft with some backups and can do it all this year!

I don't think there was any quality QB depth in this year's draft. It was a shallow year for QB's IMO, especially where we would be drafting. I'd rather not see us sink our hopes into another journeyman. I know we need a QB, but I'd rather not choose one at this point rather than choosing a below-average one.

"I am alarmed at the subtle invasion of professional football, which is gaining preeminence over baseball. It's unthinkable."

- Branch Rickey (August 20, 1959)

"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

- Marcus Aurelius

Can we get rid of this joker yet?

Gives up a 4th rounder last year for Bryce Brown ... Who will now most likely be cut to make room for the RB he drafted the following year.

Our TE depth is crap, so what does he do? He cuts Chandler for absolutely no reason and then skips TE in the draft.

To top it all off, he uses our #1 pick on a position that is not in need. May be at some point, but it isn't now.

Yes, give him the axe -- we only arguably have one of the most talented 52 top to bottom in the league. Yes, we have a giant hole at QB -- hopefully Cassell will be serviceable. As for Chandler, stop strapping on the kneepads for him. The dude was around here for years and was very mediocre. I was sick and tired of seeing him underperform, lumber across the field, and drop easy passes. Will he have some success in NE? Sure. So what.

"I am alarmed at the subtle invasion of professional football, which is gaining preeminence over baseball. It's unthinkable."

- Branch Rickey (August 20, 1959)

"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

- Marcus Aurelius

I know. love his drafts too built a great team(well at least great for whats been AVAILABLE in the talent positions in draft/trades/fa...one of the most TALENTED Bills rosters probably since 1999.) so far..now the PLAYERS just need to go out and well...live up to the hype. Love almost everything Whaley has done!

Adopt a Bill

11594018.jpg

I know. love his drafts too built a great team(well at least great for whats been AVAILABLE in the talent positions in draft/trades/fa...one of the most TALENTED Bills rosters probably since 1999.) so far..now the PLAYERS just need to go out and well...live up to the hype. Love almost everything Whaley has done!

I agree. There is a lot to like about the type of players Whaley brings in.

First of all, Whaley likes winners. Not just winners at the college level, but he likes guys who were the top recruits coming out of hs. These guys are the big men on campus and carry that attitude with them. Some teams like the underdogs, who have had to fight for every chance to get where they are today but Whaley seems to lean towards the guys who dominate naturally.

Whaley also likes attitude, and this fits with Rex's coaching well. Build a team tough in the trenches who will make life miserable for their opponents.

I truly believe he understands that he needs a dominant qb, but he is realistic with the guys he has and until he finds his guy he will make up for it by surrounding them with playmakers and a solid ground game.