Sign in to follow this  
Thebowflexbody

Great Movie: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - Best Ever? *****

49 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Did you ever notice that in older movies, all of the Native Americans were played by white guys?

Pretty much, except tonto (jay silverheels) was an Indian I think

1 hour ago, Crinoline said:

Do you feel it is okay that non-whites want to see non-whites on tv/movies?

Do you feel it is okay that whites want to see whites on tv/movies?

I think it’s understandable, yes. India has Bollywood, because a billion people want to see people like them in movies. Blacks in this country watched movies, tv and game shows that were pretty much white, except for butlers, maids, and train car conductors,etc. I think little kids want to see someone on the screen that looks like them and say,” I wanna be that guy when I grow up!”.

26 minutes ago, jc856 said:

Pretty much, except tonto (jay silverheels) was an Indian I think

Chief Dan George - The Outlaw Josey Wales

31 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

33 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Yes, he was great, also Will Sampson, ( Jose Wales, one flew over the cuckoos nest) I guess I was talking pre-1970’s. 

1 minute ago, jc856 said:

Yes, he was great, also Will Sampson, ( Jose Wales, one flew over the cuckoos nest) I guess I was talking pre-1970’s. 

Nice.  So I guess there were some real injuns in the movies and not just white guys like Hip said.  Or is the mid-70's too recent for Hip when he says old.  Eye roll.  Hip should keep his dumb pie hole shut.

4 minutes ago, jc856 said:

That's right!  Two in one movie.  Maybe even the young chick Chief slept with was a real Indian.

2 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Nice.  So I guess there were some real injuns in the movies and not just white guys like Hip said.  Or is the mid-70's too recent for Hip when he says old.  Eye roll.  Hip should keep his dumb pie hole shut.

Well, take a movie like Dances with Wolves. The Indian parts were all played by Lakota Sioux. It was made in 1990. If it was made in 1960, most of the Indians most likely would have been played by whites. And part of the problem then was, there weren’t a lot of natives that were actors, for various reasons, including they weren’t recruiting or excepting Indians as actors.

4 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

That's right!  Two in one movie.  Maybe even the young chick Chief slept with was a real Indian.

She was. Geraldine Keams ( little moonlight) from Arizona 

3 minutes ago, jc856 said:

She was. Geraldine Keams ( little moonlight) from Arizona 

What say you Hip?  Oh, that's right.  He has me on ignore.  Probably a good thing since I debunk pretty much everything he says.  LOL 

Anyone watch "Jay and Silent Bob Reboot" yet? It was pretty funny and references all of the movies from the Kevin Smith catalogue while poking fun at them all. Very funny.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

Anyone watch "Jay and Silent Bob Reboot" yet? It was pretty funny and references all of the movies from the Kevin Smith catalogue while poking fun at them all. Very funny.

Is that like Mystery Science Theatre 2000/3000? That’s pretty funny

16 hours ago, jc856 said:

Is that like Mystery Science Theatre 2000/3000? That’s pretty funny

Nah it's the latest movie in Kevin Smith's universe featuring movies like Clerks 1 and 2, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

Appreciated "Once upon a time..".  I thought it was an excellent movie, but don't feel it's his best.  I still hold Pulp Fiction at a higher level.

Just watched "The Irishman" last night.  Another movie that's a must see.  

5 hours ago, foster said:

Appreciated "Once upon a time..".  I thought it was an excellent movie, but don't feel it's his best.  I still hold Pulp Fiction at a higher level.

Just watched "The Irishman" last night.  Another movie that's a must see.  

Right there with you on everything.  Hollywood is a close second, though.

4 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Right there with you on everything.  Hollywood is a close second, though.

Just had the chance to see 1917. Amazing cinematography. Belongs in the best picture category. 

On 1/21/2020 at 5:02 PM, SackMan518 said:

I finished it last night and really liked it. I'm glad that the ending was totally different from what happened in real life just like with Inglorious Basterds. Joker was awesome too if you go into it not thinking it's a superhero movie. I also watched Terminator: Dark Fate which sucked balls story wise. All they did was reboot the first two movies and swapped out the original characters for women and Mexicans. Sarah Conner is the new Kyle Reese, Grace is the new Arnold T-1000, and then there's a Mexican female John Conner now as well as a new Mexican Terminator that is half Endo-Skeleton and half liquid Terminator from T2. Pretty pathetic.

Hey Senor, I'd like to say that you are very offensive to me and my little boy Pedro, okay?

And the Mexican female John Conner is very popular in my country, where her action figures are flying off da shelf, okay?

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2020 at 5:17 PM, SackMan518 said:

Yeah the MCU is pretty much done after Endgame except for a couple movies that look watchable. Those race and gender swap comics didn't sell in the stores so I don't know why they think the result will be any different in the theaters. Star Wars already proved that you can take years of goodwill and kill it all in one or two movies. The latest Star Wars movie lags far behind The Force Awakens and The (atrocious) Last Jedi and will probably barely match Rogue One once it exits theaters soon. Not sure what they were thinking with this new Terminator film, you know, they can create new characters that are diverse instead of hijacking existing ones but that's not the Progresso-Communist way.

This right here

What are they doing in Hollywood, and why are they doing it?

And believe it or not, those are two legitimate questions. Why would someone, or a group of someone's intentionally ruin a movie by doing some of the things mentioned above?

It's mind boggling ... Yes, I said mind boggling.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 8:00 PM, Thebowflexbody said:

Yeah, those Marvel comics tanked.  The movies will too.  How can they not see that?  Shit heads.  Sadly, I think DC is going to make some of the same mistakes.  How can these people be so stupid?

This is what I'm saying.

If we can see it, why can't the people who make these films, and have a ton to lose not see it?

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 2:51 PM, HipKat said:

Did you ever notice that in older movies, all of the Native Americans were played by white guys?

Lot of famous actors got there start playing Indians.

I'll bet it ruined a lot of promising careers for actors we never even heard of.

We can go back and watch old cowboy and Indian movies and say definitely a white guy, but how many kids growing up in that time, paying 10 cents to watch the movies on the big screen, knew or even cared?

And a more important question, during that time, how many Indian actors were even around?

1 hour ago, jamsim67 said:

This right here

What are they doing in Hollywood, and why are they doing it?

And believe it or not, those are two legitimate questions. Why would someone, or a group of someone's intentionally ruin a movie by doing some of the things mentioned above?

It's mind boggling ... Yes, I said mind boggling.

It's not when you consider Cultural Marxism which believes that politics is largely driven by culture, in this case, pop culture. We've seen all these movies infected with rancid ideas for example in the Spider-Man: Homecoming that it's posited that the Washington Monument was built by slaves:

But it's not just movies. Even in TV shows white males are the modern day Kulaks who are portrayed as incompetent and in their position due to thievery. Look at any modern day sitcom and you'll find that the father is a bozo and the mother is the real brains behind the family. White characters are swapped out for other minorities simply because the movies aren't "diverse" enough and instead of creating new intellectual properties they choose to hijack existing ones.

The subliminal message is that white males are responsible for the failures of the modern world and must be replaced in order to make true progress. I see many websites writing it off as a "right wing conspiracy theory" and "only supported by Neo-Nazi Istophobes" but the evidence is there in plain sight and backed up by bogus academia readily found on the internet. Just look at the ruminations of hard Leftists to see that it is quite real.

• Thanks 1

- Howard Beale, Network

12 hours ago, foster said:

Just had the chance to see 1917. Amazing cinematography. Belongs in the best picture category. 

Another one I want to see.

2 hours ago, jamsim67 said:

This is what I'm saying.

If we can see it, why can't the people who make these films, and have a ton to lose not see it?

They'll only see it when the films tank.  I'm not going to any of these "diverse" and preachy movies with the liberal agendas.  Count me out.

1917 was great, I saw it last night. My only criticism is the last 5 minutes could have been better. Great cinematography and music lending to an eerie atmosphere throughout the entire film. I also like how they used mostly little known actors with the few famous ones only having a few minutes on screen.

- Howard Beale, Network

8 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

1917 was great, I saw it last night. My only criticism is the last 5 minutes could have been better. Great cinematography and music lending to an eerie atmosphere throughout the entire film. I also like how they used mostly little known actors with the few famous ones only having a few minutes on screen.

Thanks for the recommendation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

It's not when you consider Cultural Marxism which believes that politics is largely driven by culture, in this case, pop culture. We've seen all these movies infected with rancid ideas for example in the Spider-Man: Homecoming that it's posited that the Washington Monument was built by slaves:

But it's not just movies. Even in TV shows white males are the modern day Kulaks who are portrayed as incompetent and in their position due to thievery. Look at any modern day sitcom and you'll find that the father is a bozo and the mother is the real brains behind the family. White characters are swapped out for other minorities simply because the movies aren't "diverse" enough and instead of creating new intellectual properties they choose to hijack existing ones.

The subliminal message is that white males are responsible for the failures of the modern world and must be replaced in order to make true progress. I see many websites writing it off as a "right wing conspiracy theory" and "only supported by Neo-Nazi Istophobes" but the evidence is there in plain sight and backed up by bogus academia readily found on the internet. Just look at the ruminations of hard Leftists to see that it is quite real.

There is definitely an agenda, and these people need to be called out