Sign in to follow this  
Thebowflexbody

Great Movie: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - Best Ever? *****

Watched it twice over the weekend.  Who else has seen it?  Ranks right up there with Pulp Fiction.  So damn good.  DiCaprio and Pitt are tremendous.  That last half hour cannot be topped.  Just my opinion.  Any others?

5 minutes ago, Sucked In Again said:

Watched the trailer, looks good! Have to wait till it comes to free TV.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  I decided to fork over the money for On Demand.  Rarely do that.  This one was worth it.  I'll buy my own copy one day when they're dirt cheap (approx. 5 bucks).  Tarantino's best , by far, since Pulp Fiction.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Watched it twice over the weekend.  Who else has seen it?  Ranks right up there with Pulp Fiction.  So damn good.  DiCaprio and Pitt are tremendous.  That last half hour cannot be topped.  Just my opinion.  Any others?

Yup loved it!! Great ending 

I love the way DiCaprio made Tex cry while slurping up his frozen margarita. That had me in tears 

• Like 1

I also watched Joker, decent but it dragged on forever geez. How is that the Tarantino movie was almost an hour longer but felt shorter?

Interesting. I loved Joker and thought the Tarantino flick would never end. Really liked DiCaprio and Pitt. But way to long for me. But loved every minute of Joker ...

• Like 1

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

6 minutes ago, Angry Byrds said:

Yup loved it!! Great ending 

I love the way DiCaprio made Tex cry while slurping up his frozen margarita. That had me in tears 

A lot of classic scenes and lines that only Tarantino could imagine.   Amazing.  Incredible performances.  DiCaprio and Pitt could not have been any better and should get all awards possible.  Hope I'm not building it up too much, but a great movie.

7 minutes ago, Angry Byrds said:

I also watched Joker, decent but it dragged on forever geez. How is that the Tarantino movie was almost an hour longer but felt shorter?

Haven't seen Joker yet, but will.  Tarantino's movies kind of fly by and you don't want them to end.

2 minutes ago, Topas said:

Interesting. I loved Joker and thought the Tarantino flick would never end. Really liked DiCaprio and Pitt. But way to long for me. But loved every minute of Joker ...

I could see maybe 20 minutes or so coming off Hollywood, but no complaints.  Will let you know what I think of Joker once I see it.  Looking forward to it.  Hollywood definitely better than The Irishman, which I liked, but was really long and needed some additional editing.

9 minutes ago, Topas said:

Phoenix was great, but they took forever to build it up to be just a stand alone movie. Great ending though, and would love to see him as the Joker of the future.

I finished it last night and really liked it. I'm glad that the ending was totally different from what happened in real life just like with Inglorious Basterds. Joker was awesome too if you go into it not thinking it's a superhero movie. I also watched Terminator: Dark Fate which sucked balls story wise. All they did was reboot the first two movies and swapped out the original characters for women and Mexicans. Sarah Conner is the new Kyle Reese, Grace is the new Arnold T-1000, and then there's a Mexican female John Conner now as well as a new Mexican Terminator that is half Endo-Skeleton and half liquid Terminator from T2. Pretty pathetic.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

3 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

I finished it last night and really liked it. I'm glad that the ending was totally different from what happened in real life just like with Inglorious Basterds. Joker was awesome too if you go into it not thinking it's a superhero movie. I also watched Terminator: Dark Fate which sucked balls story wise. All they did was reboot the first two movies and swapped out the original characters for women and Mexicans. Sarah Conner is the new Kyle Reese, Grace is the new Arnold T-1000, and then there's a Mexican female John Conner now as well as a new Mexican Terminator that is half Endo-Skeleton and half liquid Terminator from T2. Pretty pathetic.

More Mexicans please.  LOL.  What's that all about?  The upcoming Marvel superhero movies all sound terrible.  Homosexual Eternals and a woman Thor, etc.  Why screw this shit up?  That goes for the comics themselves, too.  The changes are pandering efforts to be hip/"inclusive"/"cutting edge".  White characters becoming black.  LGBTQabcde characters.  Huge turnoffs.  I won't be watching.  Should have stuck to the original characters that are well known and worked.  Sad.

14 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

So you didn’t like the Mexicans? Lol

2 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

More Mexicans please.  LOL.  What's that all about?  The upcoming Marvel superhero movies all sound terrible.  Homosexual Eternals and a woman Thor, etc.  Why screw this shit up?  That goes for the comics themselves, too.  The changes are pandering efforts to be hip/"inclusive"/"cutting edge".  White characters becoming black.  LGBTQabcde characters.  Huge turnoffs.  I won't be watching.  Should have stuck to the original characters that are well known and worked.  Sad.

Yeah the MCU is pretty much done after Endgame except for a couple movies that look watchable. Those race and gender swap comics didn't sell in the stores so I don't know why they think the result will be any different in the theaters. Star Wars already proved that you can take years of goodwill and kill it all in one or two movies. The latest Star Wars movie lags far behind The Force Awakens and The (atrocious) Last Jedi and will probably barely match Rogue One once it exits theaters soon. Not sure what they were thinking with this new Terminator film, you know, they can create new characters that are diverse instead of hijacking existing ones but that's not the Progresso-Communist way.

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

1 minute ago, SackMan518 said:

Yeah the MCU is pretty much done after Endgame except for a couple movies that look watchable. Those race and gender swap comics didn't sell in the stores so I don't know why they think the result will be any different in the theaters. Star Wars already proved that you can take years of goodwill and kill it all in one or two movies. The latest Star Wars movie lags far behind The Force Awakens and The (atrocious) Last Jedi and will probably barely match Rogue One once it exits theaters soon. Not sure what they were thinking with this new Terminator film, you know, they can create new characters that are diverse instead of hijacking existing ones but that's not the Progresso-Communist way.

What if they made the Black Panther white? Shit would hit the fan lol. Loved the movie and the actors were great

So you didn’t like the Mexicans? Lol

I like them fine but I just don't see how killing off the old timeline and throwing them in there instead makes for a good movie.

Parler @NYexile

What if they made the Black Panther white? Shit would hit the fan lol. Loved the movie and the actors were great

Why not? There's been a concerning trend of swapping out redhead white people for black ones in movies now and I wish I had the complete graphic to show them all but two that pop up are Mary Jane in the new Spider-Man films and Triss in The Witcher series.

Ginger Panther.jpg

Parler @NYexile

13 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Why not? There's been a concerning trend of swapping out redhead white people for black ones in movies now and I wish I had the complete graphic to show them all but two that pop up are Mary Jane in the new Spider-Man films and Triss in The Witcher series.

Ginger Panther.jpg

Well in all fairness MJ in the new Spider man movie is Michelle Jones not Mary Jane. Can’t argue with the Witcher, I think they should stay true to the novel or it should be a new character like Michelle Jones

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Angry Byrds said:

Well in all fairness MJ in the new Spider man movie is Michelle Jones not Mary Jane. Can’t argue with the Witcher, I think they should stay true to the novel.

Oh, I forgot there was Annie, Ariel from the Little Mermaid, and yeah we all know Zendaya is supposed to be Peter's future wife.

U6U2Ur5.jpg

0t1BN4Ul.jpg

Parler @NYexile

2 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Oh, I forgot there was Annie, Ariel from the Little Mermaid, and yeah we all know Zendaya is supposed to be Peter's future wife.

U6U2Ur5.jpg

0t1BN4Ul.jpg

So, do you have a problem with him having a black wife named Michelle Jones or that it’s not a white girl named Mary Jane?

Just now, Angry Byrds said:

So, do you have a problem with him having a black wife named Michelle Jones or that it’s not a white girl named Mary Jane?

The latter, stick to the lore. It makes no sense to change it unless it's only for "woke" points. I wouldn't appreciate any of that nonsense in any other canon so why should it be so in the comic world. Can you imagine if the LoTR trilogy had woke points inserted into it?

Parler @NYexile

3 minutes ago, Angry Byrds said:

Are we ok with Wonder Woman being a Jew? Lol

Jewish is a religion not a race. Can we have the next Shaft movie with Michael Cera in the title role?

Parler @NYexile

Just now, Angry Byrds said:

Well she’s Israeli, sorry

I know that. How about this one - there are rumors that Denzel Washington will be cast to play Magneto. Do you know how ridiculous that is? Being a surviving Jew of the Holocaust is a huge part of his back story and much of the reason why he has his views. You absolutely cannot make this choice for a beloved character!

DENZEL WASHINGTON RUMORED FOR MAGNETO IN X-MEN MCU REBOOT

Parler @NYexile