Sign in to follow this  
Klaista

Should we be pissed about Mahomes?

Still hard to understand why we didn't draft this kid.

The only reason I've heard that he even dropped is because he played in an "Air Raid" type of offense in college. 

Should we be pissed at the Bills for passing on a Once in a Generation type of talent? 

• Thanks 1

NO!

• Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

Nope, it's a roll of the dice. In hindsight, all teams knowing, he would have been drafted #1 and we would have never gotten him anyway. Fortunately we drafted an all pro through the trade.

1 hour ago, Sucked In Again said:

Nope, it's a roll of the dice. In hindsight, all teams knowing, he would have been drafted #1 and we would have never gotten him anyway. Fortunately we drafted an all pro through the trade.

So in theory we could pass on elite players every year and it wouldn't matter since it's all a roll of the dice?

I'm not pissed, its water under the bridge now.  I also don't think Mahomes would have had the same level of success in Buffalo.  :niterider:

• Thanks 2

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

My God - let it go.  Focus on the positives of this team and the great players we have.  I don't understand why people want to harp on this ad-nauseum.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Woody said:

I'm not pissed, its water under the bridge now.  I also don't think Mahomes would have had the same level of success in Buffalo.  :niterider:

Agreed.  How many troll threads with the SAME question are needed?   Did the OP damage his memory to the extent of forgettng the countless others which already posted it?  Do we need one for Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, etc, also?  At least 10 teams passed on Mahomes, and who knows how many others would have, given the chance.

Maybe I can type this SLOWLY.  The next class was projected to be better, with multiple choices the experts thought would be better than Mahomes.  For the love of Pete, please stop playing pretend that Mahomes was looked at like Joe Burrow or Baker Mayfield or whomever else at the time.

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

35 minutes ago, Flan said:

My God - let it go.  Focus on the positives of this team and the great players we have.  I don't understand why people want to harp on this ad-nauseum.

I do. 

A small minority on the Range is gonna Range(troll).

If they dislike Josh Allen(like the OP's claim to fame in gameday shoutbox antics), this opportunity is an added bonus, although Josh Allen Derangement Syndrome is not required for a cheap opportunity to troll the Bills using hindsight.

While we're at it, maybe someone will feel the need to post the .gif file of Buddy Nix pumping his fist when the Broncos selected Von Miller in that infamous draft where we took Dareus? 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

23 minutes ago, JoeFerguson said:

Half breed Mahomies is not going to get a ring. 49ers will blow the Chefs out by 6 touchdowns. 

Joe nails an interesting point on MLK Day.  For marketing puposes alone, with the level of success of the last 2 QBs(who happened to be black), consider the possibility that the front office felt Bills fans weren't as excited for one who was half black as they normally might be(Kaep fresh on their minds)?  It's not the easiest post to make, but from all I've read on here regarding such matters, I think the issue does exist with a certain percentage of fans(and this post is not judging, just stating facts regarding purposes of marketing, in addition to all of the other reasons I have listed for the decision).  Though some try to rationalize it as his style to be safer, check out the feelings toward the NFL's MVP this season, if you need a recent illustration.

And my post is coming from someone who BFerInCharlotteisback called racist within the past season, if you think I support affirmative action or some other such nonsense. :)

I guess the OP is what Tre White's tweet was referring to.  I wish Meathead were healthy enough to be around to combine such threads, being none of the other staff seem to care about keeping things orderly on here.....or that they deputized someone like Woody whose balls are not to old to take care of basic mod duties.  

32 minutes ago, Woody said:

Level of success or not, we would have gotten a franchise QB! 

If it took a couple years to build around him so be it. We'd still have a franchise QB. 

Meanwhile we are stuck with JA. At least it will likely be a make or break year for some people.

flat,550x550,075,f.u5.jpg

1 hour ago, StraightJ said:

I do. 

A small minority on the Range is gonna Range(troll).

If they dislike Josh Allen(like the OP's claim to fame in gameday shoutbox antics), this opportunity is an added bonus, although Josh Allen Derangement Syndrome is not required for a cheap opportunity to troll the Bills using hindsight.

While we're at it, maybe someone will feel the need to post the .gif file of Buddy Nix pumping his fist when the Broncos selected Von Miller in that infamous draft where we took Dareus? 

It is not just a few range members, it is "journalists" posting questions, bills fan posting and pissing Tre (and probably others) off.  That ship has sailed 2-3 years ago.  But by all means lets run Tre out of town and keep the Bills Suck mantra going - hell lets put up billboards.  There are times in life when repeated pesemistic behavior in unhealthy.

• Like 1

No. No reasonable Buffalo Bills fan should be pissed about Mahomes.

Kansas City is in terrible salary cap shape in 2020. They literally may not have enough money to re-sign there best defensive player DT Chris Jones. Additionally Mahomes contract is entering his final year in 2020, so they will have to extend him to a $35 or $40 million/year contract but in order to do that they will have to gut there time to save salary cap space.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

2 hours ago, Klaista said:

So in theory we could pass on elite players every year and it wouldn't matter since it's all a roll of the dice?

Happens to all teams all the time my friend. Insert any name for Mahomes and any team you'd like.

24 minutes ago, Flan said:

It is not just a few range members, it is "journalists" posting questions, bills fan posting and pissing Tre (and probably others) off.  That ship has sailed 2-3 years ago.  But by all means lets run Tre out of town and keep the Bills Suck mantra going - hell lets put up billboards.  There are times in life when repeated pesemistic behavior in unhealthy.

It's almost like Buffalo Bills "fans" have forgotten when Ralph Wilson was the owner, Dick Jauron was the head coach and Marv Levy was the GM.

Buffalo's current time is in far better shape with the Pegula's as owners, Brandon Beane as GM and Sean McDermott as HC.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

1 hour ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Level of success or not, we would have gotten a franchise QB! 

If it took a couple years to build around him so be it. We'd still have a franchise QB. 

Meanwhile we are stuck with JA. At least it will likely be a make or break year for some people.

Does Mahomes have the MVP season he had in Kansas City if he doesn't have Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce to throw to?

Does Mahomes play at an all pro level with Brian Daboll being his play caller?

Does Mahomes play at a high level playing behind a burning pile of garbage 2018 Buffalo Bills OL?

Why are you giving up on Josh Allen after only 2 years? 

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

4 hours ago, Very Wide Right said:

Hell yes! We get stuck with an inaccurate turnover machine that hits on one long ball every 30 attempts.Be pissed, be very pissed.

Allen threw less interceptions in 2019 than 2018. 

If you want an inaccurate turnover machine look at Jameis Winston and the 30 interceptions he threw this year. Winston only threw 21 more interceptions than Allen.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

29 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

No. No reasonable Buffalo Bills fan should be pissed about Mahomes.

Kansas City is in terrible salary cap shape in 2020. They literally may not have enough money to re-sign there best defensive player DT Chris Jones. Additionally Mahomes contract is entering his final year in 2020, so they will have to extend him to a $35 or $40 million/year contract but in order to do that they will have to gut there time to save salary cap space.

You nail a point many on here do not even seem to consider.  Unless Mahomes proves to have the extraordinarily high degree of unselfishness of Tom Brady, the Chiefs can not sustain what they currently have for too long.  

I've multiple times referenced an article I read before the season, that Mahomes' 2nd contract might net something like a record breaking 200 million dollars in total.  Unless the Chiefs have an amazingly better counterpart to Jim Overpay writing contracts, they have some difficult decisions ahead of them.  

4 hours ago, Klaista said:

Still hard to understand why we didn't draft this kid.

The only reason I've heard that he even dropped is because he played in an "Air Raid" type of offense in college. 

Should we be pissed at the Bills for passing on a Once in a Generation type of talent? 

Mahomes was not a blue chip finished product that was ready to start from day one.

Mahomes had technical issues that had to be cleaned up in his throwing motion.

Mahomes  didn't consistently make anticipatory throws, made bad decisions and tried to play hero ball on every snap instead of checked down of throwing to his WR's running intermediate routes.

There is a reason why he sat and learned from the bench for 1 year well watching Alex Smith play and was coached up by Andy Reid.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Just now, StraightJ said:

You nail a point many on here do not even seem to consider.  Unless Mahomes proves to have the extraordinarily high degree of unselfishness of Tom Brady, the Chiefs can not sustain what they currently have for too long.  

I've multiple times referenced an article I read before the season, that Mahomes 2nd contract might net something like a record breaking 200 million dollars in total.  Unless the Chiefs have an amazingly better counterpart to Jim Overpay writing contracts, they have some difficult decisions ahead of them.  

Kansas City has to win the Super Bowl this year because there salary cap situation if screwed after this year.

You are correct that Mahomes could get a $200 million total contract.

Kansas City may legitimately not have enough money to re up Chris Jones after this season.

• Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg