Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

IF Beane & McDermott do decide to go WR in the 1st round....fit will be important.

McBeane talks about players being versatile.   

The WR that appears to be the most versatile, and could still on the board when the Bills pick at 22, is 6'2" 220lb Laviska Shenault Jr.

Over the last two seasons, the Buffaloes took advantage of Shenault’s power and speed by lining him up at different spots. He played outside receiver, in the slot, h-back, tailback, some tight end and even ran the wildcat position.   Sounds versatile to me.

CRABBS - TheDraftNetwork

Summary - Laviska Shenault checks nearly every box you'd want from a high-end wide receiver prospect entering the NFL — minus production. Shenault's physical ability is jaw dropping and should transcend a dysfunctional offense at Colorado. Shenault possesses the explosiveness, physicality, short area quickness, hands and linear speed to become a high volume alpha receiver at the NFL level. He's capable of defeating press on the boundary and should produce immediately. 

MARINO - TheDraftNetwork

Versatility - Profiles as an X receiver but can play in the slot as well. Colorado used him regularly out of the backfield for handoffs and gadget plays. Highly effective weapon to every level of the field. Gets his work done as a blocker. An impressive blend of size, physicality, burst and ball skills, Shenault has no limitations in the ways he can make plays.

His college coach Mel Tucker:   "Laviska Shenault represented our relentless culture and was one of the most dynamic, dominant and versatile players that I have ever coached"

Injury History.   He has had some nagging injuries.  Shenault missed two games this season with a core muscle injury. He also missed three games in 2018 with an injury.  In fact Shenault had toe and shoulder surgeries after the 2018 season.  Definitely something to consider.

Don't know if the Beane and the Bills will draft a WR in the 1st round, but Shenault seems to be a good fit.

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

Any of the top 6 WR are good fits for Buffalo.

Jeudy at 6'1" and 192 lbs has amazing separation skills and is the best route runner of this draft class. Jeudy is plenty fast(rumored to be 4.3 40 speed) but doesn't have Ruggs freak speed (rumored to be 4.2), Jeudy is plenty fast and players are not catching him from behind. Jeudy can play the X, Z or slot WR spots and should be the first WR off the board.

Ruggs is rumored to have 4.2 speed and is being compared to Tyreek Hill in terms of playing ability and has no off field issues. Ruggs is not just a fast track athlete playing football, he is a football player and a very under rated route runner although it is an area he can improve in. Ruggs loves to block, is not scared to cross the middle to make a catch and take a hit and is a physical player. Ruggs is the smallest of the top 6 WR's at 6'0" 190 lbs but definitely doesn't play soft.

Lamb can run a complete route tree and is a YAC monster, and very physical player and is being compared to DeAndre Hopkins. Lamb has very reliable hands and will make contested catches in traffic. He has a 6'2" 192 lbs but plays much bigger than his listed size. Lamb has an aggressive mentality when the ball is in the air and will attack it.

Higgins is faster and more athletic than he is given credit for, just look at the WR reverse that went 36 yards for a TD in the national championship game that he finished strong by breaking two tackles including trucking the last defender. Higgins can play above the rim with his ridiculous vertical jumps to high point the ball and make contested catches. At 6'4" 215 lbs has a very good height weight to speed ratio.

Jefferson is a very good route runner, who played outside in 2018 and played the slot WR spot in 2019. Jefferson has excellent footwork and hips for a 6'3" 192 lb WR, is sure handed,  plays fast and that should translate to a good 40 time. Jefferson has great production at LSU against SEC defense's and the SEC is considered to have the best talent in college football.

Shenault had a better 2018 than 2019 due to injuries. The entire offense at Colorado went through Sehanult so he was used as a X WR, slot WR, wild cast QB, RB and plays a physical style of football with a 6'2" 220 frame that could be described as Marshawn Lynch playing WR. Sheanult played with a bad QB so he frequently had to use his large catch radius to make off target passes.

• Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I'm a big Shenault guy, it gets McKenzie off the field and likely off the team too.  Running screens and jet sweeps with Shenault is far more lethal. 

I'm scared Eagles at 21st overall could take our WR we target though, so it's possible the Bills might look to trade up a few spots (no higher than 16-17, as they already know what they'd likely have to give up considering they did a similar deal for Edmunds).  I'm hoping Eagles go CB though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

I'm a big Shenault guy, it gets McKenzie off the field and likely off the team too.  Running screens and jet sweeps with Shenault is far more lethal. 

I'm scared Eagles at 21st overall could take our WR we target though, so it's possible the Bills might look to trade up a few spots (no higher than 16-17, as they already know what they'd likely have to give up considering they did a similar deal for Edmunds).  I'm hoping Eagles go CB though

I wondered if Spuds would be shown the door.  Wasn't it also you who said Duke would likely be shown the door as well?  Or do you think there is a decent likelihood he can hang onto the final WR spot?

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

11 hours ago, StraightJ said:

I wondered if Spuds would be shown the door.  Wasn't it also you who said Duke would likely be shown the door as well?  Or do you think there is a decent likelihood he can hang onto the final WR spot?

I think Duke might be back in the same capacity as he was this year.  Inactive unless there's an injury.  Im hoping we make enough upgrades to the WR room that at least 2 of the McKenzie, Foster, and Roberts crew are shown the door this year

3 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

I think Duke might be back in the same capacity as he was this year.  Inactive unless there's an injury.  Im hoping we make enough upgrades to the WR room that at least 2 of the McKenzie, Foster, and Roberts crew are shown the door this year

I hoped for more from Duke Williams this season.  And if he pulled down a few of those really difficult catches this year, I think he would be a lock for the #3/4 WR.  But he didn't.  He doesn't have stone hands by any means, it is just there were a few he left on the table.

A WR like Shenault would make McKenzie and Foster unnecessary.   It would give us Shenault, Smoke Brown, Cole Beasley and Duke Williams.  With WR5 any UDFA or FA or Andre Roberts.

2 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

I hoped for more from Duke Williams this season.  And if he pulled down a few of those really difficult catches this year, I think he would be a lock for the #3/4 WR.  But he didn't.  He doesn't have stone hands by any means, it is just there were a few he left on the table.

A WR like Shenault would make McKenzie and Foster unnecessary.   It would give us Shenault, Smoke Brown, Cole Beasley and Duke Williams.  With WR5 any UDFA or FA or Andre Roberts.

Robert Foster is a deep threat WR and plays on the punt coverage and kick off coverage teams. Foster had a down year as a WR, but showed flashes in 2018, so I'm not giving up on his potential. Foster is an exclusive rights free agent, so he can be brought back for a bargain deal. I would absolutely bring back Foster to compete for the #4 and #5 WR job.

Duke Williams and Isaiah McKenzie do not play on any special teams. McKenzie can be used as a KR or PR but he has unreliable hands and frequently fumbles the ball or muffs the ball on PR and KR's that it's safer to use Micah Hyde as a PR.

McKenzie is a restricted free agent and I would bring him back for the right price to compete with Williams and Foster for the #4 and #5 WR spots.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

They need a playmaker with a huge catch radius to snatch up some inaccurate passes.

• Thanks 1

The Bills should draft a big WR high in this draft and sign a FA who can be your #4. McKenzie and Roberts compete for the returner/gadget guy. I think the other guy might have trade value, you don’t need both. Duke and Foster should have to earn a spot next year.  

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

Don't look for a certain type of receiver.....trust your scouts and take the best one.

A need right now might not be a need in the future and you will be stuck with a lesser talent.

I want to keep Roberts.

I originally got excited about Roberts because of his big play potential in the return game.

He did show some nice return ability but what really surprised me was how sure handed he was. 

Roberts is worth a roster spot.

On 1/16/2020 at 5:26 PM, junglesouljah said:

Robert Foster is a deep threat WR and plays on the punt coverage and kick off coverage teams. Foster had a down year as a WR, but showed flashes in 2018, so I'm not giving up on his potential. Foster is an exclusive rights free agent, so he can be brought back for a bargain deal. I would absolutely bring back Foster to compete for the #4 and #5 WR job.

Duke Williams and Isaiah McKenzie do not play on any special teams. McKenzie can be used as a KR or PR but he has unreliable hands and frequently fumbles the ball or muffs the ball on PR and KR's that it's safer to use Micah Hyde as a PR.

McKenzie is a restricted free agent and I would bring him back for the right price to compete with Williams and Foster for the #4 and #5 WR spots.

I actually agree with you on Foster.  I mean they certainly got their money's worth with an UDFA, and Josh's rookie season he helped make Josh into Josh with the chemistry they developed deep.  Training camp could be very interesting and fun to follow this time around  Hopefully the coaches can maximize both what they have, and whatever the heck they draft/sign.  

I also agree with BV on Roberts, and would like to include him in the above statement, at least.  

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

The one problem I have with some first round WRs is this: 

most of these guys have been fawned over since middle and high school. They’ve been told they’re special. The can skip class. Get any girl they want etc. They get their pick of what DI power house college they want to attend. They are catered for. What they want they get. 

so when draft day comes that stops....all of a sudden..GASP..they GASP...have to go to *sob* Bb buF bb BuFFaLO? NOOOOOOOOO! 
or insert any place not named Dallas, LA, NY, anywhere sunny and warm, even rust belt shit holes like Pitt and GB are more preferred since they are “good”. 

This is one of the reasons I believe the Bills have no passing threat is fucking YEARS. Last time Bills drafted a blue blood WR he underachieved and was “always hurt” and complained how the fans were mean etc etc. Jordan Matthews complained(not that he was a stud but still). 

TO was desperate...did his “time” here and got the fuck out.

the last really good to great WR we had was Lee Evans....from Wisconsin....not exactly a WR friendly system and or a DI power house. 

before that Moulds and Price were coming in on the tail end of when the Bills were still relevant. 

so at the end of the day...the dudes from Clemson, LSU, and Bama are no gos for me. As is the dude from OK. They scream “diva” to me. McBeane probably looks at those guys as entitled and spoiled. Only use to losing once a year...if that. Get me the guys from smaller/ less known schools:

Shenault-Colorado 

Reagor-TCU(at 5’11 I dunno...but still towers over most our current wr corps lol) 

Davis-UCF

Johnson-Minnesota 

miserable that 70s show GIF

15 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

The one problem I have with some first round WRs is this: 

most of these guys have been fawned over since middle and high school. They’ve been told they’re special. The can skip class. Get any girl they want etc. They get their pick of what DI power house college they want to attend. They are catered for. What they want they get. 

so when draft day comes that stops....all of a sudden..GASP..they GASP...have to go to *sob* Bb buF bb BuFFaLO? NOOOOOOOOO! 
or insert any place not named Dallas, LA, NY, anywhere sunny and warm, even rust belt shit holes like Pitt and GB are more preferred since they are “good”. 

This is one of the reasons I believe the Bills have no passing threat is fucking YEARS. Last time Bills drafted a blue blood WR he underachieved and was “always hurt” and complained how the fans were mean etc etc. Jordan Matthews complained(not that he was a stud but still). 

TO was desperate...did his “time” here and got the fuck out.

the last really good to great WR we had was Lee Evans....from Wisconsin....not exactly a WR friendly system and or a DI power house. 

before that Moulds and Price were coming in on the tail end of when the Bills were still relevant. 

so at the end of the day...the dudes from Clemson, LSU, and Bama are no gos for me. As is the dude from OK. They scream “diva” to me. McBeane probably looks at those guys as entitled and spoiled. Only use to losing once a year...if that. Get me the guys from smaller/ less known schools:

Shenault-Colorado 

Reagor-TCU(at 5’11 I dunno...but still towers over most our current wr corps lol) 

Davis-UCF

Johnson-Minnesota 

Unlike the blue bloods from Bama and LSU-who are all tall lanky speedster while shenault, Davis and Johnson are fucking beasts 200+ lbs 6-2+. Not exactly speed freaks but have have hands, can take a hit, and are tough. All traits McBeane would value. These dudes remind me of the Eric Moulds type WR. 

• Like 1

miserable that 70s show GIF

I think I'm with you on this, though I dont suppose everyone on here would shun Tee Higgins, despite him being a spoiled Tiger.  

I grinned at the "get any girl they want"  :)

So are you trying to say these guys might pull a "Gilmore Face"?  :)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, StraightJ said:

I think I'm with you on this, though I dont suppose everyone on here would shun Tee Higgins, despite him being a spoiled Tiger.  

I grinned at the "get any girl they want"  :)

So are you trying to say these guys might pull a "Gilmore Face"?  :)

This really means nothing, but the Bills drafted CJ Spiller, Sammy Watkins and Shaq Lawson all in the first round, and all three went to Clemson.

All 3 were big disappointments to me.   And quite frankly held the franchise back to some extent.

Again, it really means nothing.   Just like drafting a QB from USC.      Or, is there something about the Bills drafting Clemson players??

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

This really means nothing, but the Bills drafted CJ Spiller, Sammy Watkins and Shaq Lawson all in the first round, and all three went to Clemson.

All 3 were big disappointments to me.   And quite frankly held the franchise back to some extent.

Again, it really means nothing.   Just like drafting a QB from USC.      Or, is there something about the Bills drafting Clemson players??

I hear you.  The Bills cursed players and coaches in general for a long time, but maybe the connection is even stronger with clemson.  I think Rex had a son there or something, as a note of trivia.

Clemson beat UNC and Duke in back to back ganes in basketball for the first time ever....UNC for the 1st time in 50 years....so maybe their energy is changing.  Who knows.  lol