Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

Here is your list of Free Agents. Pick TWO from the list that you want to throw$ at.

EDGE YANNICK NGAKOUE

EDGE SHAQUIL BARRETT

DI/EDGE ARIK ARMSTEAD

DI SHELBY HARRIS

DI MIKE DANIELS

DI MICHAEL PIERCE

DI LEONARD WILLIAMS

T JACK CONKLIN

WR A.J. GREEN

WR BRESHAD PERRIMAN

I would take OT Jack Conklin and Edge Yannick Ngakoue.

• Thanks 1

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

I don't believe Beane will re-sign Shaq Lawson because he didn't draft him so he isn't tied to Lawson and Lawson hasn't had a good year until his contract year which is a red flag. Lawson is a better run defender than pass rusher and is a good football player, but not a player you want to throw $13 million/year at. If Lawson wants to play for a home town discount I could see him coming back, but I doubt that happens.

The 2019 draft is weak at edge rusher after Chase Young. Both Jacksonville and the Los Angeles Rams are in terrible salary cap shape, so they will have a very hard time re-signing edge rusher's Yannick Ngakoue or Dante Fowler. Buffalo has an estimated $89 million in salary cap space so I would go after Ngakoue or Fowler to fill the hole at edge rusher.

This is a bad year for free agency talent at WR. Amari Cooper is the only WR worth signing but Jerry Jones traded a 1st round pick for him so Jones will be desperate to re-sign him to a $20 + million/year contract or franchise or transition tag him if need be. I like AJ Green but he has had 2 toe/ankle injuries the past 2 years and I would not want to invent money in to an older player that is injury prone. Robby Anderson is a good young deep threat WR that is becoming a complete WR but he has bad off the field issues. So the only WR worth signing in free agency is Breshad Perriman because he has size at 6'2" 215 lb and 4.35 deep speed and is a late bloomer so there would be great value in signing him compared to other proven WR's.

To summarize I would sign Ngakoue or Fowler at edge rusher and Perriman in free agency.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I take Armstead, better vs the run than Ngakoue...then I either take Green on a 1 year deal or like you, Conklin

10 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

I don't believe Beane will re-sign Shaq Lawson because he didn't draft him so he isn't tied to Lawson and Lawson hasn't had a good year until his contract year which is a red flag. Lawson is a better run defender than pass rusher and is a good football player, but not a player you want to throw $13 million/year at. If Lawson wants to play for a home town discount I could see him coming back, but I doubt that happens.

The 2019 draft is weak at edge rusher after Chase Young. Both Jacksonville and the Los Angeles Rams are in terrible salary cap shape, so they will have a very hard time re-signing edge rusher's Yannick Ngakoue or Dante Fowler. Buffalo has an estimated $89 million in salary cap space so I would go after Ngakoue or Fowler to fill the hole at edge rusher.

This is a bad year for free agency talent at WR. Amari Cooper is the only WR worth signing but Jerry Jones traded a 1st round pick for him so Jones will be desperate to re-sign him to a $20 + million/year contract or franchise or transition tag him if need be. I like AJ Green but he has had 2 toe/ankle injuries the past 2 years and I would not want to invent money in to an older player that is injury prone. Robby Anderson is a good young deep threat WR that is becoming a complete WR but he has bad off the field issues. So the only WR worth signing in free agency is Breshad Perriman because he has size at 6'2" 215 lb and 4.35 deep speed and is a late bloomer so there would be great value in signing him compared to other proven WR's.

To summarize I would sign Ngakoue or Fowler at edge rusher and Perriman in free agency.

Good analysis.

11 minutes ago, Baldat28 said:

I take Armstead, better vs the run than Ngakoue...then I either take Green on a 1 year deal or like you, Conklin

If you want a good run defender just re-sign Shaq Lawson. Arik Armstead is similar to Shaq Lawson, Armstead had no production as pass rusher until his contract year and is a better run def

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Don't forget the "LOL ,not Buffalo" factor. Good players didn't work their ass off to come to Buffalo when they can easily pick a contender or glamour franchise first.

28 minutes ago, Very Wide Right said:

Don't forget the "LOL ,not Buffalo" factor. Good players didn't work their ass off to come to Buffalo when they can easily pick a contender or glamour franchise first.

That was true for years.

That has changed a bit now.   Jordan Phillips is an example.    If you are a DLinemen in Free Agency, and are looking to go to a team where you can excel, Buffalo is the place to be!

Also John Brown is an example of a WR coming to Buffalo and having an up year.   Veteran Running Back looking for a good situation in 2020?  Hello Buffalo!

And we mustn't forget the "McDermott Culture" factor.   LOL

We won't convince Clowney to come to Buffalo, but IMO our rep is a lot better than it was 2 years ago.

• Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

6 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

That was true for years.

That has changed a bit now.   Jordan Phillips is an example.    If you are a DLinemen in Free Agency, and are looking to go to a team where you can excel, Buffalo is the place to be!

Also John Brown is an example of a WR coming to Buffalo and having an up year.   Veteran Running Back looking for a good situation in 2020?  Hello Buffalo!

And we mustn't forget the "McDermott Culture" factor.   LOL

We won't convince Clowney to come to Buffalo, but IMO our rep is a lot better than it was 2 years ago.

This.  I mentioned it yesterday, that not only was he much happier here than with his former team, but his success skyrocketed in The Process.  I mentioned that would likely be a good avertisement to other free agents, and that we were much less likely so see that pathetic "Gilmore Girls Face" on draft day ever again. 

You have to realize VWR has a shtick like Sean has, it's partly entertainment.  Some people you could write epic posts and their minds will not change because they aren't seeking some sort of objective truth.  Obviously making the playoffs easily this season, and 2 out of the last 3, didn't register in his mind as being a "contender"....even with the ridiculous cap space the Bills also have to upgrade that success even further.  I'm just trying to save you the frustration the next time you notice him post something like that. :)

Some people are going to get off repeating things as long as they can plausibly get away with it.  I guess this board gives some of us an extra reason to root for the Bills to do well in the offseason.  

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)