Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

Jordan Phillips tweets he wants Top 3 DT $.....oh boy....I think we lose him in FA

Jordan Phillips tweeting about his stats being TOP 3 DT.   "Show me the Money" kind of talk.    Banters with BuffaloRumblings.

Bottom line from those tweets is IMO it is going to be hard to re-sign him, if not impossible.  I think Beane had a sense of that in his year end presser referencing "replenishing" the DLine.

===> Keep an eye on DT Javon Kinlaw, South Carolina in the 1st round of the draft.   Not saying we are drafting a DT first round, but if he is there at pick 22, he sits on the BPA List as a possible.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/1/13/21061637/opinion-why-i-wouldnt-re-sign-jordan-phillips-if-i-were-the-buffalo-bills

Replying to
You guys brought money into the money part is out of my hands it is what it is ...it I’m just saying the proof is in the puddin you put my stats up against anybody this year I’m a top 3 DT

🤷🏾‍♂️
sacks tfl plays played

Sign TE Greg Olsen, DE Mathew Judon, DT Vernon Butler, WR Devin Funchess      Late Rd pick RB Javon Leake, Maryland   

3 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

Jordan Phillips tweeting about his stats being TOP 3 DT.   "Show me the Money" kind of talk.    Banters with BuffaloRumblings.

Bottom line from those tweets is IMO it is going to be hard to re-sign him, if not impossible.  I think Beane had a sense of that in his year end presser referencing "replenishing" the DLine.

===> Keep an eye on DT Javon Kinlaw, South Carolina in the 1st round of the draft.   Not saying we are drafting a DT first round, but if he is there at pick 22, he sits on the BPA List as a possible.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/1/13/21061637/opinion-why-i-wouldnt-re-sign-jordan-phillips-if-i-were-the-buffalo-bills

Replying to
You guys brought money into the money part is out of my hands it is what it is ...it I’m just saying the proof is in the puddin you put my stats up against anybody this year I’m a top 3 DT

🤷🏾‍♂️
sacks tfl plays played

The last thing you do is draft a DT in the 1st round after drafting Ed Oliver at 9 last year. I would sign Corey Leguit to a 2 or 3 year deal to back up Ed Oliver if there is no chance of re-signing Jordan Phillips. Buffalo badly needs to add talent to the WR position and I would draft a WR in the 1st round and mid rounds of the draft.

Buffalo is not going to spend big money on free agency because this is the first time that rookies from the 2017 draft class can be signed to extended contract so Tre White, Dion Dawkins and Matt Milano are going to be signed to long term extentions. Beane will hopefully have a few judicious signings like Breshad Perriman at WR and Austin Hooper at TE and get an upgrade at edge rusher by spending big money on Dante Fowler  or Yannick Ngakoue or Robert Quinn or Vic Beasley or Emmanuel Ogbah.

If Jordan Phillips and Shaq Lawson sign big money deals and Buffalo signs less free agents then they loss they will receive a compensatory pick anywhere from a 3rd to a 7th round pick.

• Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

58 minutes ago, Woody said:

well bye GIF

Looking that way.

FYI  Ed Oliver and Jordan Phillips are 3 Technique DTs.    Harrison Phillips and Star Lot2BeDesired are 1Tech.

This past season Jordan and Oliver rotated their spot, and almost never were on the field at the same time, so we will need to add a 3T DT.

Sign TE Greg Olsen, DE Mathew Judon, DT Vernon Butler, WR Devin Funchess      Late Rd pick RB Javon Leake, Maryland   

1 hour ago, DannyBoy said:

Here's hoping Harrison Phillips comes off his ACL injury with no issues.

He is already started rehabbing from the injury. Harrison Phillips was outplaying Star Lotulelei and Harrison was starting to flash big plays.

Buffalo is going to be very  good up the middle with Harrison Phillips and Ed Oliver.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Just now, Crazy Legs said:

Looking that way.

FYI  Ed Oliver and Jordan Phillips are 3 Technique DTs.    Harrison Phillips and Star Lot2BeDesired are 1Tech.

This past season Jordan and Oliver rotated their spot, and almost never were on the field at the same time, so we will need to add a 3T DT.

You have to start Harrison Phillips at 1 tech DT and Ed Oliver at 3 tech DT.

Then you have Star Lotulelei as the back up 1 tech DT and when you re-sign Corey Leguit your back up 3 tech DT.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

16 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

The last thing you do is draft a DT in the 1st round after drafting Ed Oliver at 9 last year. I would sign Corey Leguit to a 2 or 3 year deal to back up Ed Oliver if there is no chance of re-signing Jordan Phillips. Buffalo badly needs to add talent to the WR position and I would draft a WR in the 1st round and mid rounds of the draft.

Buffalo is not going to spend big money on free agency because this is the first time that rookies from the 2017 draft class can be signed to extended contract so Tre White, Dion Dawkins and Matt Milano are going to be signed to long term extentions. Beane will hopefully have a few judicious signings like Breshad Perriman at WR and Austin Hooper at TE and get an upgrade at edge rusher by spending big money on Dante Fowler  or Yannick Ngakoue or Robert Quinn or Vic Beasley or Emmanuel Ogbah.

If Jordan Phillips and Shaq Lawson sign big money deals and Buffalo signs less free agents then they loss they will receive a compensatory pick anywhere from a 3rd to a 7th round pick.

Good points.

I guess I have to accept we are losing Jordan Phillips, and most likely will have to find a 3 technique DT either in Free Agency, or, in the middle rounds of the draft. 

Hope we can find a decent replacement.   DT Ross Blacklock, TCU ?

11 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

Good points.

I guess I have to accept we are losing Jordan Phillips, and most likely will have to find a 3 technique DT either in Free Agency, or, in the middle rounds of the draft. 

Hope we can find a decent replacement.

I want Jordan Phillips back but not at top 3 DT money, that would be $17 million/year. If he is willing to do a home town discount at $ 9 or 10 million/year it would make more sense because Buffalo picked him up of waivers after he was cut from Miami because he was playing poorly. The down to down consistency and motor of Jordan Phillips is concerning to me, he had a great year as measured by sacks but alot of those sacks were the result of Ed Oliver or other DL occupying OL giving him a one on one match up.

Ed Oliver was drafted because of his first step quickness, non stop motor and ability to blow up pass blocking schemes. He started off slow but was flashing great plays mid season and had a great day vs Dallas.

A good plan b is to sign Corey Liuget to be Ed Oliver's back up and if a veteran DT is cut to save salary cap money he can be signed to compete for back up 3 tech spot or a developmental 3 tech DT with upside can be drafted in the mid to late rounds of the draft.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

1 minute ago, junglesouljah said:

I want Jordan Phillips back but not at top 3 DT money, that would be $17 million/year. If he is willing to do a home town discount at $ 9 or 10 million/year it would make more sense because Buffalo picked him up of waivers after he was cut from Miami because he was playing poorly. The down to down consistency and motor of Jordan Phillips is concerning to me, he had a great year as measured by sacks but alot of those sacks were the result of Ed Oliver or other DL occupying OL giving him a one on one match up.

Ed Oliver was drafted because of his first step quickness, non stop motor and ability to blow up pass blocking schemes. He started off slow but was flashing great plays mid season and had a great day vs Dallas.

A good plan b is to sign Corey Liuget to be Ed Oliver's back up and if a veteran DT is cut to save salary cap money he can be signed to compete for back up 3 tech spot or a developmental 3 tech DT with upside can be drafted in the mid to late rounds of the draft.

Buffalo Rumblings says we should resign Jordan Phillips on a one year, $5 million deal.
Spotrac predicts his market value at $5.7 million a year.
I think anymore than that and the risk is too high.   We are talking Marcel Dareus syndrome:, i got my money and now I am going to coast!

3 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

Buffalo Rumblings says we should resign Jordan Phillips on a one year, $5 million deal.
I think anymore than that and the risk is too high.   We are talking Marcel Dareus syndrome:, i got my money and now I am going to coast!

IMO There is no way Jordan Phillips comes back for a $5 million/year deal.

If you are going to sign Jordan Phillips there has to be an out clause in the 1st year in case the money gets to his head and starts tanking it, I would go as high  as $10 million/year, but if Jordan wants top 3 money he isn't getting it from Buffalo. Beane may not be willing to pay Jordan $10 million/year and may have a lower number in mind. It's nice having depth at 3 tech DT but you can't justify paying a back up 3 tech DT big time when when you drafted Ed Oliver 1 year ago.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

9 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

$5 million?

They are HIGH.

• Haha 1

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

1 minute ago, LiterateStylish said:

And this is why giving Star so much money ... sucks.

I'm not justifying the Star signing, but he was brought in for his veteran leadership and currently is not earning his large salary.

I would cut Star ASAP and use that money to re-sign Jordan, I'm not sure if Beane and McDermott share my view as they value leadership.

• Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

30 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

I'm not justifying the Star signing, but he was brought in for his veteran leadership and currently is not earning his large salary.

I would cut Star ASAP and use that money to re-sign Jordan, I'm not sure if Beane and McDermott share my view as they value leadership.

I agree...I doubt the Boys share your viewpoint...    The Dead Cap of Star Lot2BeDesired is like an anchor.    Plus he is McDermott' "guy".    

While I am not a fan of Star's, I would be very surprised to see him sent packing.   

1 hour ago, Crazy Legs said:

I agree...I doubt the Boys share your viewpoint...    The Dead Cap of Star Lot2BeDesired is like an anchor.    Plus he is McDermott' "guy".    

While I am not a fan of Star's, I would be very surprised to see him sent packing.   

Realistically Star will be around for at least the 2020 season, and function as the back up 1 tech DT. If Star is cut after June 1st 2021 the dead cap hit is smaller and results in a real cap saving of $5,650,000 in the 2021 salary cap.

I would not be surprised if a big run stuffing DT is drafted in the 6th or 7th round to be developed as an eventual replacement for Star in the 2021 season.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Don't see Phillips wanting less than 11m a year.  Not sure he's worth it either.  I kind of agree he was more of a splash player than a consistently dominant DT.

Also as always on this subject agree with everybody that thinks we fucked ourselves giving Star 10m.  Thankfully he'll be off the team in another year or 2 max.  I'm not the best judge of talent based on film but there's no way you can tell me that a good 4th or 5th rounder couldn't do what Star does at the 1 tech position for 9+ mil less a year

• Thanks 1

Phillips should get around 8m per year on the open market, he flashed a lot, but wasn't consistently there.  I don't see him getting a lot more than that.

6 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

First of all get it right Oliver and J Phillips play 3 technique and H Phillips and Liguet play Nose in this defense. Once again Jungle is a fountain of misinformation, he'll lead down the primrose path.

53 grade on PFF.

WORST on the defensive line and likely our entire defense.

Oh but his stats were good.

This guy has FA bust written all over him.

3 hours ago, the climber said:

First of all get it right Oliver and J Phillips play 3 technique and H Phillips and Liguet play Nose in this defense. Once again Jungle is a fountain of misinformation, he'll lead down the primrose path.

Corey Liuget can play 1 tech DT in an emergency situation or but is a natural 3 tech DT. 

From the Pro Football Weekly scouting report below, "He has great up field quickness and penetration ability" which are traits you look for in a 3 tech DT

Below is a video breakdown of Cory Liuget playing 3 tech DT:

I really don't know what the fuck you are talking  about or why you have a hard on to criticize every post I have but you are dead wrong here. So the only person  spreading misinformation is you, nice try talking shit, too bad you were dead wrong.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

2 hours ago, B LO said:

53 grade on PFF.

WORST on the defensive line and likely our entire defense.

Oh but his stats were good.

This guy has FA bust written all over him.

Wow, way to turn on the guy.  Isn't a bit early for sour grapes?   Some of the people on here come across as ingrates.  I understand talking crap about people like Dareus underperforming, but this is a bit puzzling.

As for Jungle, I don't think Ive ever seen anyone come at him that hard other than Lit.  No idea why folks get that bitter over things small things like that.  

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy