Sign in to follow this  
pkschul

This why we need a big bruising running back

Get me a Jerome Bettis, Derrick Henry, Marshawn Lynch, Nigerian Nightmare in the first round. I understand.

• Like 1

When it comes to running back...this team: . 

Thought an older gimpy shady McCoy was viable starter at one point 

had no viable backup to a gimpy shady McCoy for a season

doesn’t like giving the ball to Devin Singletary...the only RB they’ve ever drafted.

running back, just like WR, are not valued by this regime. Some would argue anyone who plays offense is not valued by this regime. 

When it comes to the offensive side of the ball it just feels like they’re just making shit up, throwing it at the wall and seeing if it sticks. 

miserable that 70s show GIF

7 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

doesn’t like giving the ball to Devin Singletary...the only RB they’ve ever drafted.

running back, just like WR, are not valued by this regime. Some would argue anyone who plays offense is not valued by this regime. 

When it comes to the offensive side of the ball it just feels like they’re just making shit up, throwing it at the wall and seeing if it sticks. 

Uhhh they drafted singletary who is great, as a rookie. Henry did nothing his first two years FYI.

Before that they also traded for McCoy who was good for several years and drafted THREE running backs in the first round.

RB should be the last thing anyone is bitching about. Dumb thread.

1 hour ago, pkschul said:

Get me a Jerome Bettis, Derrick Henry, Marshawn Lynch, Nigerian Nightmare in the first round. I understand.

There are no big bruising RB's worthy of being drafted in the 1st round this year.

Jonathan Taylor is a physical downhill runner at 5'11" 219 lbs from Wisconsin and should be drafted in the 2nd round. Taylor is the RB I would target if you want to draft a bruising RB.

Derrick Henry is an unrestricted free agent but is going to demand a big contract. I would assume it would take $15 million/year to sign him and he has a lot of wear and tear on his body.

Henry had has had 2,984 carries in his career. Needless to say that is a high number of carries and his body will start to break down soon.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

27 minutes ago, B LO said:

Uhhh they drafted singletary who is great, as a rookie. Henry did nothing his first two years FYI.

Before that they also traded for McCoy who was good for several years and drafted THREE running backs in the first round.

Singletary has a high upside, he wasn't featured in the offense properly all year long.

Singletary only had 151 carries for 775 yards and 2 TD's. 29 receptions for 194 yards and 2 TD's.

For comparison Oakland's 1st  round  pick Josh Jacobs 242 carries for 1150 yards and 7 TD's, and 20 receptions for 166 yards and 0 TD's

• Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

6 hours ago, B LO said:

Three things...

1. THIS regime...aka McBeane.

2. did not say Singletary didn’t do anything.

3. The thread is about BIG BRUISING RB, not any old RB. 

miserable that 70s show GIF

1 hour ago, seandelevan said:

Three things...

1. THIS regime...aka McBeane.

2. did not say Singletary didn’t do anything.

3. The thread is about BIG BRUISING RB, not any old RB. 

I support your desire for a Big Bruising Belligerent Bellcow Back(tm), but honestly don't think you deserve one being you constantly belittle the type of game coaches who have them are more likely to use.  

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

8 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Interesting that you say that. This team has for a long time only drafted RBs and CBs. And I am quite happy that this regime realizes that RB is not a focal point. If you say we need a bruiser because Ten has one. I say we need to focus on D because Baltimore won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer and a great D. Yes it happened, but it was a outlier and it is hard to replicate. So I am wodering why you vouch for a RB. Yes to a RB, but definitely not in the first round. If we get a decent O Line it does not matter who the RB is. Especially with the additional threat of Allen running.

No to a first round RB!

Edit: Disclaimer: I am not vouching for Def. I am vouching for WR, O Line or TE in the first.

• Thanks 2

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

11 hours ago, pkschul said:

I would like a Derrick Henry at RB.

I would like a Calvin Johnson at WR.

I would like George Kittle at TE.

Give me them all.......the question is how do we get a bruising Running Back?   

Draft one at pick #22 in the 1st round of this year's draft?   Fans melt down because it wasn't a Wide Receiver!

Besides, I don't see one available at 22 worth drafting (Wisconsin Jonathan Taylor is a good back, but not in the Jerome Bettis mold)

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

13 hours ago, pkschul said:

As well as the offensive line that makes it possible for them to be successful. They don't do it all themselves.

29 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

As well as the offensive line that makes it possible for them to be successful. They don't do it all themselves.

Actually, I suggested we do like Dallas did years ago and get that line first.  Build a bully!  That wouldn't just help the RB, but also Josh and the WRs and maybe TEs as well(and the defense by keeping them off the field longer).  

• Thanks 1

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

I forgot about the 6'2" 230 lb Najee Harris from Alabama. He will probably a 2nd round picks as well. 

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

1 hour ago, StraightJ said:

Actually, I suggested we do like Dallas did years ago and get that line first.  Build a bully!  That wouldn't just help the RB, but also Josh and the WRs and maybe TEs as well(and the defense by keeping them off the field longer).  

It's been a very good idea, as it all starts in the trench

7 hours ago, jamsim67 said:

It's been a very good idea, as it all starts in the trench

Some might even also argue that a RB or WR at our spot in the first is a more risky proposition than some tackles.  I don't claim to be the expert that some do, so I will leave that out for folks to consider on their own.  I'd love the big bruiser or a Megatron as much as anyone, but not sure the likelihood of either being available at our draft spot even if OT wasn't a position of need,  

Unlike some, I'm pretty relaxed about it and plan to stay that way regardless of what anyone writes on here this season, including any sneaky last minute rumors on draft day.  In opposition to the repeated claims of DownAndOut, I strongly support anyone's right to feel however they choose to.

Go Beane, go Bills!!   :beer:  (loved the line from the announcer last year about Josh Allen sitting back and making a pastrami sandwhich with all the time he had!  This year maybe he can bake a celebration cake or something with a new OT and Ford moved to OG).  

7 hours ago, StraightJ said:

Some might even also argue that a RB or WR at our spot in the first is a more risky proposition than some tackles.  I don't claim to be the expert that some do, so I will leave that out for folks to consider on their own.  I'd love the big bruiser or a Megatron as much as anyone, but not sure the likelihood of either being available at our draft spot even if OT wasn't a position of need,  

Unlike some, I'm pretty relaxed about it and plan to stay that way regardless of what anyone writes on here this season, including any sneaky last minute rumors on draft day.  In opposition to the repeated claims of DownAndOut, I strongly support anyone's right to feel however they choose to.

Go Beane, go Bills!!   :beer:  (loved the line from the announcer last year about Josh Allen sitting back and making a pastrami sandwhich with all the time he had!  This year maybe he can bake a celebration cake or something with a new OT and Ford moved to OG).  

I'm not real worried about it myself. Whatever happens, happens.

As long as Allen spends the off-season at One Bills Drive, all will be well.

16 hours ago, jamsim67 said:

I'm not real worried about it myself. Whatever happens, happens.

As long as Allen spends the off-season at One Bills Drive, all will be well.

I think I read he's going to California to train with his good friend Sam Darnold!  :beer:

19 hours ago, StraightJ said:

I think I read he's going to California to train with his good friend Sam Darnold!  :beer:

He'll be back, they always come back :beer: