Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

1st Rd, Bills on the clock, who do you take? Edge Chaisson, DT Kinlaw, DE Gross-Matos

TheDraftNetwork Mock Draft Simulator has these as the top 3 choices when the Bills are on the clock at 22 (unless you want a CB or QB):

K'Lavon Chaisson, Edge, LSU 6'4" 250lbs- His skill set epitomizes the schematic versatility coordinators covet in today’s NFL. He’s an ideal fit as a weak side 4-3 DE in an even front scheme.  He can rush or drop from an up or down position. He demonstrates very good length for the position.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfrhKTfSAOo

Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina 6'6" 310lbs - Has some surprising quicks in him for such a big dude. Dude's a rocket. Regularly times the snap well, especially when aligned over the center, and comes low and hot out of the chute when he's tasked with penetration. Could stonewall a charging bull.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yRFYH1btxc <---- Highlight Video

Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge, Penn State 6'5" 265lbs - features a loaded toolbox of traits and enters the league after compiling 94 tackles, 34.5 tackles for loss and 17 sacks across his last two seasons at Penn State.  Tackle radius is massive, thanks in large part to his wingspan but also because of how much ground he can cover in space. <

Who is a better fit for the Bills?  Which would you draft?

Upgrade the OLine.   Under the radar: RB Javon Leake, Maryland   DL Ross Blacklock, TCU

None of the above. If the O-tackle or WR we love is gone, trade down. F*ck defense. I want a right tackle, a bruiser RB, WR, and guard with the first four picks, in whatever order. If given the choice, I'd use every pick on offense, either making the selection or moving up for someone we like in the second or third rounds (too expensive to move up in the first IMO).

MY FOUR FAVORITE TEAMS:

1) THE BLUE JAYS 2) THE BILLS

3) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE RED SOX

4) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE PACHEATIOTS

:bills:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetsy

Imagine, Patsie fans thinking something was amiss in A super Bowl. I bet they thought they had a monopoly on cheating. LOL

Shout of the day, which echoes what I've said previously: daryls61: I want Bills to go CB in 1st so Sean explodes like a supernova

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Laviska Shenault Jr WR his #25 is always there when I draft. I take him. 

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

11 hours ago, StraightJ said:
Shout of the day, which echoes what I've said previously: daryls61: I want Bills to go CB in 1st so Sean explodes like a supernova

Well the Bills could go CB, although it would be a bit surprising.

If CB is the BPA, let's say the CB on the Board is as good as Stephon Gilmore or Tre White, and you draft him you have set yourself up for the next 5 years at the CB spot.

No, you don't "fix" the WR position for 2020, but you have to think long term with the draft, especially your first round pick.   Get a player that helps your team the most of the next 5 years.  Not just 2020.

Upgrade the OLine.   Under the radar: RB Javon Leake, Maryland   DL Ross Blacklock, TCU

12 hours ago, Mainejays said:

None of the above. If the O-tackle or WR we love is gone, trade down. F*ck defense. I want a right tackle, a bruiser RB, WR, and guard with the first four picks, in whatever order. If given the choice, I'd use every pick on offense, either making the selection or moving up for someone we like in the second or third rounds (too expensive to move up in the first IMO).

I get why a lot of Bills fans want a WR in the 1st round.   It is flashy.  It will make Josh Allen 30% more accurate!  We will score 30+ points a game!

I am not convinced taking a WR in the 20's of the first round is the best use of the pick though.    I would be very happy with a stud OT (if still available).
I would be happy with a legit EDGE or OLB pass rusher.   And if we lose Jordan Phillips (or cut Star), I would be happy with Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina.  Take a look at his highlights, if you haven't.   He plays like we wish Star did.

We can always take a WR in 2nd round.   And another one in the 4th or 5th.

18 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Out of those 3?  Chaisson fills the Zo position gap easiest so him

If I'm drafting an edge rusher in the 1st round it's K'Lavon Chaissson, because Chaisson can play OLB in the 4-3 base defense and edge rusher on obvious passing downs.

If Beane is thinking about drafting an edge rusher in the 1st round he should sign a cheap WR with high upside like Breshad Perriman in free agency and then trade up in the 2nd round to take a WR.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

This thread was obviously started so Sean can blow a brain gasket 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

I don't think you go defense unless your 90% sure the guy you're drafting is a DE that consistently get double-digit sacks every year.

48 minutes ago, miamibillsnut said:

This thread was obviously started so Sean can blow a brain gasket 

Between the draft and a team with a system he hates like the Titans having a great shot at winning the title, Daryl and I are not completely joking about him being on suicide watch.  We tried to warn the Rangers who have their heads in the sand so that maybe they can help him step away from the ledge when the time comes.  

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

5 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

I get why a lot of Bills fans want a WR in the 1st round.   It is flashy.  It will make Josh Allen 30% more accurate!  We will score 30+ points a game!

I am not convinced taking a WR in the 20's of the first round is the best use of the pick though.    I would be very happy with a stud OT (if still available).
I would be happy with a legit EDGE or OLB pass rusher.   And if we lose Jordan Phillips (or cut Star), I would be happy with Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina.  Take a look at his highlights, if you haven't.   He plays like we wish Star did.

We can always take a WR in 2nd round.   And another one in the 4th or 5th.

I didn't say draft a WR in round one. I listed four positions I wanted them to focus on and even stated in any order, meaning they could even go RB in round one for all I care as long as the offense isn't neglected any longer. We can shore up the few minor holes in our defense through FA.

MY FOUR FAVORITE TEAMS:

1) THE BLUE JAYS 2) THE BILLS

3) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE RED SOX

4) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE PACHEATIOTS

:bills:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetsy

Imagine, Patsie fans thinking something was amiss in A super Bowl. I bet they thought they had a monopoly on cheating. LOL

10 hours ago, Mainejays said:

I didn't say draft a WR in round one. I listed four positions I wanted them to focus on and even stated in any order, meaning they could even go RB in round one for all I care as long as the offense isn't neglected any longer. We can shore up the few minor holes in our defense through FA.

We need to improve our offense, i.e. score more points.   NO question.

IMO it starts with the OLine.   It wasn't horrible this year, and it was a lot better than in 2018, but if Josh is going to succeed McBeane needs to give him the best possible OLine in the league.    Then the rest of the offense will rise up with Josh....and if we can add another stud WR and another RB with juice will certainly help.

WRs in Free Agency are pretty slim (Breshad Perriman?), so I hope we find one or two in the draft.

6 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

We need to improve our offense, i.e. score more points.   NO question.

IMO it starts with the OLine.   It wasn't horrible this year, and it was a lot better than in 2018, but if Josh is going to succeed McBeane needs to give him the best possible OLine in the league.    Then the rest of the offense will rise up with Josh....and if we can add another stud WR and another RB with juice will certainly help.

WRs in Free Agency are pretty slim (Breshad Perriman?), so I hope we find one or two in the draft.

Signing someone like Breshard Perriman in free agency is a great idea because he is a late bloomer with high upside and won't cost as much as AJ Green or Amari Cooper or Robby Anderson. It also allows you push addressing WR to the 2nd round if a player that is higher rated on the Bills big board drops to them at 22 like OLB/DE K'Lavon Chaisson or OLB/S Isaiah Simmons or TE Cole Kmet or OT Tristan Wirfs or Jedrick Wills falls to Buffalo's pick.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

21 hours ago, Thurmal said:

I don't think you go defense unless your 90% sure the guy you're drafting is a DE that consistently get double-digit sacks every year.

Check out the LSU game tonight.   K’Lavon Chaisson plays on the Edge for LSU and he could be a possible for the Bills at 22.  Depending on what happens with Shaq Lawson.

Per BillsDraftWire: 

Chaisson is an absolute freak coming off the weakside of the offensive line. He has the bend that scouts will salivate over and the explosiveness to make him a handful at the next level. He has all the intangibles to be similar to another former Tiger, Danielle Hunter. He can play in both a 4-3 and 3-4 alignment without suffering any coverage ability if needed. His relentless motor and athleticism sets him apart from most edge rushers. Once he learns to use his hands with better technique, watch out.

1 hour ago, Crazy Legs said:

Check out the LSU game tonight.   K’Lavon Chaisson plays on the Edge for LSU and he could be a possible for the Bills at 22.  Depending on what happens with Shaq Lawson.

Per BillsDraftWire: 

Chaisson is an absolute freak coming off the weakside of the offensive line. He has the bend that scouts will salivate over and the explosiveness to make him a handful at the next level. He has all the intangibles to be similar to another former Tiger, Danielle Hunter. He can play in both a 4-3 and 3-4 alignment without suffering any coverage ability if needed. His relentless motor and athleticism sets him apart from most edge rushers. Once he learns to use his hands with better technique, watch out.

I don't like the edge rusher talent in the draft after Chase Young with the exception of K'Lavon Chaisson. I believe Chaisson would fill the Lorenzo Alexander role of OLB in the base 4-3 defense and then put his hand in the dirt on obvious passing situations as an edge rusher.

I would definitely want Beane to sign a WR in free agency like Perriman to hedge his bets if he went for someone like Chaisson in the 1st round and then he would have to draft a WR in the 2nd round or trade up in the 2nd round to get a dynamic play maker WR.

In my ideal scenario WR's Tee Higgins, Justin Jefferson and OLB/DE  K'Lavon Chaisson are there when Buffalo is picking at 22, and it would be interesting to see Beane would draft.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I'm a fan of names.  Nuke calls me a Super Fan(tm) of them.  This K'Lavon looks like a special name.  Is he related to McLovin?