Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

1st Rd, Bills on the clock, who do you take? Edge Chaisson, DT Kinlaw, DE Gross-Matos

TheDraftNetwork Mock Draft Simulator has these as the top 3 choices when the Bills are on the clock at 22 (unless you want a CB or QB):

K'Lavon Chaisson, Edge, LSU 6'4" 250lbs- His skill set epitomizes the schematic versatility coordinators covet in today’s NFL. He’s an ideal fit as a weak side 4-3 DE in an even front scheme.  He can rush or drop from an up or down position. He demonstrates very good length for the position.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfrhKTfSAOo

Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina 6'6" 310lbs - Has some surprising quicks in him for such a big dude. Dude's a rocket. Regularly times the snap well, especially when aligned over the center, and comes low and hot out of the chute when he's tasked with penetration. Could stonewall a charging bull.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yRFYH1btxc <---- Highlight Video

Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge, Penn State 6'5" 265lbs - features a loaded toolbox of traits and enters the league after compiling 94 tackles, 34.5 tackles for loss and 17 sacks across his last two seasons at Penn State.  Tackle radius is massive, thanks in large part to his wingspan but also because of how much ground he can cover in space. <

Who is a better fit for the Bills?  Which would you draft?

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

None of the above. If the O-tackle or WR we love is gone, trade down. F*ck defense. I want a right tackle, a bruiser RB, WR, and guard with the first four picks, in whatever order. If given the choice, I'd use every pick on offense, either making the selection or moving up for someone we like in the second or third rounds (too expensive to move up in the first IMO).

MY FOUR FAVORITE TEAMS:

1) THE BLUE JAYS 2) THE BILLS

3) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE RED SOX

4) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE PACHEATIOTS

:bills:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetsy

Imagine, Patsie fans thinking something was amiss in A super Bowl. I bet they thought they had a monopoly on cheating. LOL

Shout of the day, which echoes what I've said previously: daryls61: I want Bills to go CB in 1st so Sean explodes like a supernova

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

Laviska Shenault Jr WR his #25 is always there when I draft. I take him. 

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

11 hours ago, StraightJ said:
Shout of the day, which echoes what I've said previously: daryls61: I want Bills to go CB in 1st so Sean explodes like a supernova

Well the Bills could go CB, although it would be a bit surprising.

If CB is the BPA, let's say the CB on the Board is as good as Stephon Gilmore or Tre White, and you draft him you have set yourself up for the next 5 years at the CB spot.

No, you don't "fix" the WR position for 2020, but you have to think long term with the draft, especially your first round pick.   Get a player that helps your team the most of the next 5 years.  Not just 2020.

12 hours ago, Mainejays said:

None of the above. If the O-tackle or WR we love is gone, trade down. F*ck defense. I want a right tackle, a bruiser RB, WR, and guard with the first four picks, in whatever order. If given the choice, I'd use every pick on offense, either making the selection or moving up for someone we like in the second or third rounds (too expensive to move up in the first IMO).

I get why a lot of Bills fans want a WR in the 1st round.   It is flashy.  It will make Josh Allen 30% more accurate!  We will score 30+ points a game!

I am not convinced taking a WR in the 20's of the first round is the best use of the pick though.    I would be very happy with a stud OT (if still available).
I would be happy with a legit EDGE or OLB pass rusher.   And if we lose Jordan Phillips (or cut Star), I would be happy with Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina.  Take a look at his highlights, if you haven't.   He plays like we wish Star did.

We can always take a WR in 2nd round.   And another one in the 4th or 5th.

18 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Out of those 3?  Chaisson fills the Zo position gap easiest so him

If I'm drafting an edge rusher in the 1st round it's K'Lavon Chaissson, because Chaisson can play OLB in the 4-3 base defense and edge rusher on obvious passing downs.

If Beane is thinking about drafting an edge rusher in the 1st round he should sign a cheap WR with high upside like Breshad Perriman in free agency and then trade up in the 2nd round to take a WR.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

This thread was obviously started so Sean can blow a brain gasket 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

I don't think you go defense unless your 90% sure the guy you're drafting is a DE that consistently get double-digit sacks every year.

48 minutes ago, miamibillsnut said:

This thread was obviously started so Sean can blow a brain gasket 

Between the draft and a team with a system he hates like the Titans having a great shot at winning the title, Daryl and I are not completely joking about him being on suicide watch.  We tried to warn the Rangers who have their heads in the sand so that maybe they can help him step away from the ledge when the time comes.  

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

5 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

I get why a lot of Bills fans want a WR in the 1st round.   It is flashy.  It will make Josh Allen 30% more accurate!  We will score 30+ points a game!

I am not convinced taking a WR in the 20's of the first round is the best use of the pick though.    I would be very happy with a stud OT (if still available).
I would be happy with a legit EDGE or OLB pass rusher.   And if we lose Jordan Phillips (or cut Star), I would be happy with Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina.  Take a look at his highlights, if you haven't.   He plays like we wish Star did.

We can always take a WR in 2nd round.   And another one in the 4th or 5th.

I didn't say draft a WR in round one. I listed four positions I wanted them to focus on and even stated in any order, meaning they could even go RB in round one for all I care as long as the offense isn't neglected any longer. We can shore up the few minor holes in our defense through FA.

MY FOUR FAVORITE TEAMS:

Quote:

Imagine, Patsie fans thinking something was amiss in A super Bowl. I bet they thought they had a monopoly on cheating. LOL

10 hours ago, Mainejays said:

I didn't say draft a WR in round one. I listed four positions I wanted them to focus on and even stated in any order, meaning they could even go RB in round one for all I care as long as the offense isn't neglected any longer. We can shore up the few minor holes in our defense through FA.

We need to improve our offense, i.e. score more points.   NO question.

IMO it starts with the OLine.   It wasn't horrible this year, and it was a lot better than in 2018, but if Josh is going to succeed McBeane needs to give him the best possible OLine in the league.    Then the rest of the offense will rise up with Josh....and if we can add another stud WR and another RB with juice will certainly help.

WRs in Free Agency are pretty slim (Breshad Perriman?), so I hope we find one or two in the draft.

6 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

We need to improve our offense, i.e. score more points.   NO question.

IMO it starts with the OLine.   It wasn't horrible this year, and it was a lot better than in 2018, but if Josh is going to succeed McBeane needs to give him the best possible OLine in the league.    Then the rest of the offense will rise up with Josh....and if we can add another stud WR and another RB with juice will certainly help.

WRs in Free Agency are pretty slim (Breshad Perriman?), so I hope we find one or two in the draft.

Signing someone like Breshard Perriman in free agency is a great idea because he is a late bloomer with high upside and won't cost as much as AJ Green or Amari Cooper or Robby Anderson. It also allows you push addressing WR to the 2nd round if a player that is higher rated on the Bills big board drops to them at 22 like OLB/DE K'Lavon Chaisson or OLB/S Isaiah Simmons or TE Cole Kmet or OT Tristan Wirfs or Jedrick Wills falls to Buffalo's pick.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

21 hours ago, Thurmal said:

I don't think you go defense unless your 90% sure the guy you're drafting is a DE that consistently get double-digit sacks every year.

Check out the LSU game tonight.   K’Lavon Chaisson plays on the Edge for LSU and he could be a possible for the Bills at 22.  Depending on what happens with Shaq Lawson.

Per BillsDraftWire: 

Chaisson is an absolute freak coming off the weakside of the offensive line. He has the bend that scouts will salivate over and the explosiveness to make him a handful at the next level. He has all the intangibles to be similar to another former Tiger, Danielle Hunter. He can play in both a 4-3 and 3-4 alignment without suffering any coverage ability if needed. His relentless motor and athleticism sets him apart from most edge rushers. Once he learns to use his hands with better technique, watch out.

1 hour ago, Crazy Legs said:

Check out the LSU game tonight.   K’Lavon Chaisson plays on the Edge for LSU and he could be a possible for the Bills at 22.  Depending on what happens with Shaq Lawson.

Per BillsDraftWire: 

Chaisson is an absolute freak coming off the weakside of the offensive line. He has the bend that scouts will salivate over and the explosiveness to make him a handful at the next level. He has all the intangibles to be similar to another former Tiger, Danielle Hunter. He can play in both a 4-3 and 3-4 alignment without suffering any coverage ability if needed. His relentless motor and athleticism sets him apart from most edge rushers. Once he learns to use his hands with better technique, watch out.

I don't like the edge rusher talent in the draft after Chase Young with the exception of K'Lavon Chaisson. I believe Chaisson would fill the Lorenzo Alexander role of OLB in the base 4-3 defense and then put his hand in the dirt on obvious passing situations as an edge rusher.

I would definitely want Beane to sign a WR in free agency like Perriman to hedge his bets if he went for someone like Chaisson in the 1st round and then he would have to draft a WR in the 2nd round or trade up in the 2nd round to get a dynamic play maker WR.

In my ideal scenario WR's Tee Higgins, Justin Jefferson and OLB/DE  K'Lavon Chaisson are there when Buffalo is picking at 22, and it would be interesting to see Beane would draft.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I'm a fan of names.  Nuke calls me a Super Fan(tm) of them.  This K'Lavon looks like a special name.  Is he related to McLovin?

NFL Combine 2020: Why LSU’s K’Lavon Chaisson is dream pick at 22 for Buffalo Bills

Posted Feb 27, 2020

shares

INDIANAPOLIS — When LSU edge rusher K’Lavon Chaisson walked to the podium inside the Indiana Convention Center on Thursday morning, he couldn’t stop grinning.

It was like he was in on a secret that the dozens of reporters standing before him just weren’t privy to.

On the football field, Chaisson is a blur. His speed, power, bend, and football I.Q. mean he’ll probably come off the draft board before the Buffalo Bills get a chance to take him at No. 22.

But on Thursday he wasn’t playing football. He was standing still, poised and charming as any prospect on the day, answering questions about what his skill set lacks with a confident smirk.

“It’s obvious. I’m going to be honest. I’m actually the most valuable player in the draft,” Chaisson said as if everyone in the room should have already known.

“We all know that,” he reaffirmed. “When you hire someone do you want to hire someone who speaks one language or do you want to hire someone that speaks three languages? I speak three languages. I do pass rush. I can drop in coverage and cover anybody you want me to cover. (And) I can play the run. And no offensive lineman has ever just moved me off the ball, or bullied me. So I feel like that’s what makes me more dimensional. And a more valuable player than anybody else in the draft.”

Chaisson seems like the most logical choice for the Bills in the first round of this year’s draft. Their two sack leaders - Jordan Phillips (9.5) and Shaq Lawson (6.5) - are free agents and at least Phillips is likely gone. Left on the edge are Jerry Hughes and Trent Murphy, who didn’t have a big enough impact in 2019.

When Bills general manager Brandon Beane finds a player that checks all the boxes, he’s shown over and over that he’s willing to move up. He has nine picks to use in this draft and could package a few to move high enough to take Chaisson.

Chaisson, who measured 6-foot-3 and weighed in at 253 pounds, was asked about his 2019 season for LSU, who took home a National Championship. He finished with 6.5 sacks but he reminded critics that his impact came in more ways than just the stat sheet.

“I’m putting a bunch of guys on their tail,” he said. “I mean I’ve got some power behind me, too. A lot of guys, when they say I’m just speed, they obviously don’t watch film. I know I’m definitely more than a one-dimensional player. I’ve got speed, power, finesse. Whatever you want, I’ve got.”

Whatever happens in free agency, Beane won’t hesitate to take a playmaker on the defensive line that rush the passer, he said this week.

“I think even if we signed back both Shaq and Jordan it would not deter me in any round to take another pass rusher. I think it’s one of the premium positions,” Beane said. “The elite ones get paid. After the quarterback that’s usually the next highest paid position. If there’s a guy there in any round that we think can come in and help our roster, we would take him, whether we resign those guys or not.”

When asked to address the thoughts out there about him simply being a speed guy, #LSU EDGE K’Lavon Chaisson said that “They obviously don’t watch the film. I’ve got speed, power, and finesse. Whatever you want, I’ve got.”

Embedded video

Beane and Bills coach Sean McDermott love players that love to play the game. Chaisson met with the Bills and the two sides just spent some time “talking ball.”

“It went great. I feel like the (Bills) coaching staff was very respectful. We talked ball. They got to know me. A lot of ball talk. We talked through defensive plays,” Chaisson said. “I don’t do this for recognition. It’s something I can give my heart and passion to.”

Chaisson said he can fit in any system and has no problem playing in Buffalo. And he’s not afraid of the cold, either. He said he’d play in Alaska if that’s where the team played that drafted him.

What’s the final box that Chaisson checks? He knows he’s not a finished product and he wants to work to develop. Just what Beane and McDermott are looking for.

“There are things I can get better at. I’m not going to say I’m the best at anything right now,” he said. “I’m always willing to improve. ... Everything that I’ve done so far has just been raw talent. I’ve gotten some coaching but from a scale of 1-10 I’m probably at like a 3 right now. There is so much more I could get better in and I feel like right now I’ve gotten this far just off raw talent. And the skill set, when it comes to coaching and the veterans teaching me the game, I feel like there is no ceiling to my game.”

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/02/nfl-combine-2020-why-lsus-klavon-chaisson-is-dream-pick-at-22-for-buffalo-bills.html

Iowa's A.J. Epenesa fits prototype of 4-3 defensive end for Bills, plus visits update

By Mark Gaughan
Published February 27, 2020|Updated February 27, 2020
  •  
  •  

INDIANAPOLIS – The University at Iowa’s A.J. Epenesa fit the size profile of an elite defensive end at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Epenesa measured 6-foot-5 and 275 pounds, with 34 1/2-inch arms and an 81 1/4-inch wingspan. That’s on the upper end of the prototypical size the Buffalo Bills are seeking in a starting end for their 4-3 defense.

Epenesa’s wingspan was third-longest of the defensive ends projected to go in the top three rounds.

“It just helps because I can get to them before they reach me,” Epenesa said Thursday of his long reach. “And I can keep them away from my chest and keep separation going and run through the rush with speed and power. Having length helps.”

Epenesa is more of a power rusher than a pure speed rusher, but he would be an attractive pick for the Bills at No. 22 overall, if he were to last that long.

ADVERTISEMENT

He had 26.5 sacks and 101 tackles, including 36 for loss, in 37 career games for the Hawkeyes.

“I’m confident that my best abilities are in the power rush, just using length and using speed and kind of combining it together to move people backwards and make the quarterback uncomfortable by getting in his face,” Epenesa said.

Epenesa’s arms are longer than those of projected No. 2 pick Chase Young of Ohio State (33 1/8 inches) and either of the Bosa brothers picked in recent drafts. Joey Bosa (33 3/8 inches) went third to the Chargers in 2017, while Nick Bosa (33 inches) went second to the 49ers last year.

Epenesa and the rest of the edge rushers will run the 40-yard dash and do on-field drills Friday.

“I think there’s some things out there trying to say that I might be slow or not explosive, and I just want to show that I’m not slow and not not explosive, I guess,” Epenesa said. “I want to show people while maybe they have doubts about me, I want to prove people who doubt me wrong. I want to run fast, jump high and show what I can do.”

Bad breakfast shake: Ben Bartch is one of the small-college rising draft prospects. He’s a tackle from Division III St. John’s of Minnesota and he impressed with strong play at the Senior Bowl. Early projections have him as a third-round prospect.

Bartch was a tight end his first two years of college, but converted to tackle after his sophomore season and had to bulk up from 250 pounds. He described the dedication it took to gain 55 pounds over two seasons.

“Essentially, the summer after my sophomore year, I was asked to switch to the offensive line,” Bartch said. “I would get up at 5 a.m. and would have to go work as a strength coach at a local high school. In order to get my breakfast in, I didn’t have time to eat the full carbohydrates and proteins I needed. My friend had a NutriBullet, so I would scramble seven eggs, a big tub of cottage cheese, quick grits, then peanut butter and banana and Gatorade. I would throw it all in and plug my nose. I’d gag sometimes, but that’s what you have to do.”

“It was pretty much five days a week,” Bartch said. “That summer I went from 250 to 275, and then after that I went from 275 to 305.”

Tight with Tremaine: Miami edge rusher Trevon Hill is a later rounds draft pick who has a high opinion of Bills middle linebacker Tremaine Edmunds. Hill was a teammate of Edmunds’ at Virginia Tech before transferring to Miami for his final college season.

“That's my guy,” Hill said. “So we came in together in the class of 2015, and we started our journey through the recruiting process. Tremaine, I believe he was a two-star recruit, and his brothers were already there. We hung out pretty much every day. We was in the dorms together. And outside of the dorms. ... Virginia Tech is a family. It's a real college town so there's not too much to do. So most of us are really, really close and we still keep in contact with each other even though we all have busy schedules.”

Hill said he got combine preparation advice from Edmunds three weeks ago.

“I loved playing with him at Virginia Tech,” Hill said. “Man, you got a guy like that that's behind you man, I got faith in that guy. He knows what he's doing. Since our freshman year, he was always in his playbook, wanted to gain more knowledge, always stayed back with Coach Foster.”

Bud Foster retired as Virginia Tech’s defensive coordinator after this past season, his 33rd at the school.

Interview update: The Bills, like every team, will interview virtually all of the draft prospects, either formally or informally, at some point in the evaluation process. Reports of who they met with at the Combine are not that newsworthy, since most teams meet with all the underclassman candidates starting this week.

Nevertheless, among those who said Wednesday they had formal interviews with the Bills were LSU edge rusher K’Lavon Chaisson, Florida edge rusher Jonathan Greenard and Penn State edge rusher Yatur Gross-Matos. Miami’s Hill met with the Bills at the Senior Bowl.

https://buffalonews.com/2020/02/27/aj-epenesa-iowa-buffalo-bills-defensive-end-arms-prototype-nfl-scouting-combine-kj-osborn-ub-ben-bartch-breakfast-shake/

Can any of them block for Allen? Take a hand off and break off for 50? Be on the receiving end of a screen pass and go to the house? Run all the routes on the route tree? Make this 1970' s offense be able to score more than 21 points? No? Then fuck them. Give me a fat ass RT in round one, a WR and RB, and then another WR and OL after that.

MY FOUR FAVORITE TEAMS:

Quote:

25 minutes ago, Mainejays said:

Can any of them block for Allen? Take a hand off and break off for 50? Be on the receiving end of a screen pass and go to the house? Run all the routes on the route tree? Make this 1970' s offense be able to score more than 21 points? No? Then fuck them. Give me a fat ass RT in round one, a WR and RB, and then another WR and OL after that.

As my one day as GM, I would be hoping one of the top OTs fall to us at 22.    I would draft that said OT....to hold down the RT spot for the next 5 years (allowing me to put Cody at RG and Felicano at LG and lastly Ty would be our swing tackle)

I would then trade UP in the 2nd round and get a stud RB.   Yes, this RB would be cutting into Devin's carries.  FINE.    A great 1-2 punch would help Josh.

In the 3rd round I would draft Best WR available.   There will be some good choices.

The Big Picture is improving the WHOLE offensive output, not just trying to draft Henry Ruggs.

• Thanks 1