Sign in to follow this  
StraightJ

No Worker Shortage: 11M Americans Out of Work, but All WANT Full-Time Jobs

The subversives who keep pushing population replacement are misleading you if you believe them when they claim there aren't aenough people to do the jobs.  It's the other way around, and that's even after considering the fact that the unemployment rate formula keeps getting changed every so often to try to make the numbers look better than they truly are. 

JOHN BINDER
10 Jan 2020547
2:53

There remain more than 11 million Americans who are out of work but want full-time jobs, despite claims by corporate interests and the big business lobby of a so-called “labor shortage.”

The latest unemployment data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics reveals there is still slack in the labor market for disenfranchised Americans to enter the workforce rather than business bringing foreign workers to the U.S. to take jobs.

Overall, about 5.8 million Americans are unemployed — 12.6 percent of whom are teenagers who generally seek entry-level jobs and 5.9 percent of whom are black Americans. These nearly six million unemployed also include about 1.2 million Americans who are considered “long-term unemployed” because they have been out of work for more than six months.

Another 4.1 million Americans are working part-time jobs but want full-time employment. Additionally, 1.2 million Americans are out of the labor force entirely after looking for a job sometime within the last year. These marginally attached Americans are available for work and want full-time jobs.

Roughly 277,000 of the 1.2 million Americans out of the labor force completely are considered “discouraged workers” because they do not believe there are jobs in the labor market for them.

In total, about 11.1 million Americans are either unemployed, out of the labor force, or underemployed; however, all have said they want good-paying, full-time jobs.

While Americans have enjoyed significant wage growth in Trump’s economy for blue-collar and working-class Americans, corporate interests have increasingly suggested that the U.S. must continue importing millions of foreign workers every year to fill jobs.

In April 2019, former Chamber of Commerce President Tom Donohue said the U.S. needed more legal immigration because the country is “out of people.”

Extensive research by economists like George Borjas and analyst Steven Camarota has found that the country’s current legal immigration system — wherein 1.2 million mostly low-skilled workers are admitted annually — burdens U.S. taxpayers and America’s working and middle class while redistributing about $500 billion in wealth every year to major employers and newly arrived immigrants.

Camarota, director of research for the Center for Immigration Studies, has found that every one percent increase in the immigrant composition of American workers’ occupations reduces their weekly wages by about 0.5 percent. This means the average native-born American worker today has his weekly wages reduced by perhaps 8.5 percent because of current legal immigration levels.

John Binder is a reporter for Breitbart News. Follow him on Twitter at @JxhnBinder

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/01/10/no-labor-shortage-11m-americans-out-of-work-but-all-want-full-time-jobs/

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

This is ALL Propaganda crap.In this economy right now whether you have a degree or never finished high school you will be employed full time within 72 hours in a job commensurate with your training if you seriously try to be employed.There are way to many feeble whiners out there today perpetuating this bullshit. 

"Hurr durr we have to replace all of the aging boomers with people from countries who have an average IQ of about 80!"

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

7 hours ago, Very Wide Right said:

This is ALL Propaganda crap.In this economy right now whether you have a degree or never finished high school you will be employed full time within 72 hours in a job commensurate with your training if you seriously try to be employed.There are way to many feeble whiners out there today perpetuating this bullshit. 

I disagree to a point. Yes, there are jobs to be had. But like I told my High School Freshman daughter last week when she told me she doesn't plan to go to college.

When I was a kid, people would say you need college to get a good job, but not really. You could walk out of high school and go to work for Ford or Chevy, Dupont, Trico, Bethlehem Steel, etc. There were a lot of good paying, union jobs that you could afford to raise a family, own a home, have the 2.3 cars in the garage and retire with a nice pension. 

Not anymore. Manufacturing loses jobs - 14,000 last month, which offsets the overall job gains that Trump loves to announce. Wages have gone up by about 2.4% but cost of living has gone up at a much faster rate. To get a good job these days, you NEED to have a college education. Or you're working for less than the median average. Plenty of jobs, but not plenty of good paying jobs that anyone looking for work can step right into

• Like 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

3 minutes ago, HipKat said:

I disagree to a point. Yes, there are jobs to be had. But like I told my High School Freshman daughter last week when she told me she doesn't plan to go to college.

When I was a kid, people would say you need college to get a good job, but not really. You could walk out of high school and go to work for Ford or Chevy, Dupont, Trico, Bethlehem Steel, etc. There were a lot of good paying, union jobs that you could afford to raise a family, own a home, have the 2.3 cars in the garage and retire with a nice pension. 

Not anymore. Manufacturing loses jobs - 14,000 last month, which offsets the overall job gains that Trump loves to announce. Wages have gone up by about 2.4% but cost of living has gone up at a much faster rate. To get a good job these days, you NEED to have a college education. Or you're working for less than the median average. Plenty of jobs, but not plenty of good paying jobs that anyone looking for work can step right into

I agree to a point. Yes, the high paying manufacturing jobs are not available like they once were. But, like Mike Rowe talks about(dirty jobs guy, if you’ve never heard of him), if you can go to a trades school, you can make GREAT money, without the massive debt some incur trying to get a degree. The world is going to need plumbers, electricians, etc, for the foreseeable future. Also, if you say, want to be in the technology field (which is were it’s at, in my mind), you’re competing with people from other countries.

Just now, jc856 said:

I agree to a point. Yes, the high paying manufacturing jobs are not available like they once were. But, like Mike Rowe talks about(dirty jobs guy, if you’ve never heard of him), if you can go to a trades school, you can make GREAT money, without the massive debt some incur trying to get a degree. The world is going to need plumbers, electricians, etc, for the foreseeable future. Also, if you say, want to be in the technology field (which is were it’s at, in my mind), you’re competing with people from other countries.

How do you make money while you're going to school? I mean, one thing, for kids, yeah, live at home or something, but how does the 40 yr old guy whose plant shut down afford to feed his family or pay his bills while he's going to a trade school?

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

BTW, I almost forgot, US job creation slowed under Trump in 2019 to the lowest growth in 8 years

America’s solid job creation continued in December but gains in for 2019 were the lowest in eight years, according to the closely-watched government report released Friday.

After a decade of rising employment, hiring last year slowed notably from the brisk pace seen in 2018: With 2.1 million jobs created, that made 2019 the weakest year since 2011, according to the Labor Department data.

The economy added an average of 175,000 new positions a month last year, a sharp drop from the 225,000 monthly average in the prior year.

The decline — which is not unusual after such a long stretch of brisk hiring — still could tarnish President Donald Trump’s economic record as he battles to win re-election in November.

In the final month of the year, the US jobs engine added another 145,000 new positions, the slowest pace in seven months and a bit short of economists’ expectations.

The unemployment rate held steady at 3.5 percent, remaining at a 50-year low, according to the report.

The ailing manufacturing sector, driven into recession by Trump’s multi-front trade wars and a sluggish global economy, shed workers for third time in 2019.

But retailers, hotels, bars, restaurants, education, construction and health care led hiring last month, showing the resilience of America’s dominant service sector.

Worker pay was a disappointment, rising only 2.9 percent compared to December 2018 — the first time that measure has fallen below three percent since July 2018.

That still put wage gains well above consumer inflation for the period, leaving workers with more cash to spend.

Will unemployment keep falling?

As US growth slowed in 2019, persistent consumer spending has been a mainstay of the world’s largest economy, but economists say it could weaken if the labor market begins to falter.

The total labor force — the sum of those people working or actively looking for work — grew a touch more quickly than job creation in December, something that could cause unemployment to begin to rise if it becomes a trend.

“The labor market performance continues to provide a solid foundation for the main pillar of growth: consumer spending,” Oxford Economics’ analysts said in a commentary.

“However, as we look into 2020, lingering global headwinds, policy uncertainty and cautious businesses are likely to restrain labor demand amid an increasingly tight labor market.”

The solid hiring seems unlikely to change the Federal Reserve’s assessment that the economy does not need additional stimulus for now.

Fed policymakers have repeatedly said interest rates at the moment are in a “good place” after three cuts in a row during the latter half of 2019, and they would only reconsider if something materially changes the economic outlook.

However, economist Ian Shepherdson of Pantheon Macroeconomics sees the potential for interest rate increases by the Fed, since businesses “appear to have overestimated the real impact of the trade war” on hiring.

“If we’re right, the unemployment rate will keep falling, heading towards 3% by the end of the year,” he said, adding that “we’d expect to see the Fed talking about higher rates, not easing.”

Several sectors had an obvious slowdown in 2019: after adding 216,000 workers in 2018, the transportation and warehousing industry took in just 57,000 during all of last year.

Hiring in professional and business services and manufacturing also tumbled last year.

The figures released Friday also showed women may now be in the slight majority among American workers, holding a fraction more than 50 percent of all jobs.

Wall Street was briefly lifted by the numbers but sank later in the day, driven lower in part by crisis-stricken Boeing, closing the day in the red.

Seek help. soflabillsfan

42 minutes ago, HipKat said:

I don't disagree with anything you say here. I am a strong advocate of higher education. My point is that anyone including a high school drop out CAN be employed full time right now in this economy and that there are NO excuses to be unemployed right now. 

56 minutes ago, HipKat said:

And there is much less job security which is dramatically changing purchasing habits of this age bracket.  Big ticket items (Car,House,Boat,Country Club memberships,etc) and this age group is more apt to rent or subscribe for their Leisure time activities and products. 

It’s much harder for an economy like ours to prosper when it’s built for higher margin goods. 

This also brings up the question of who will buy the McMansions and 2nd homes and at what price?

1 hour ago, HipKat said:

How do you make money while you're going to school? I mean, one thing, for kids, yeah, live at home or something, but how does the 40 yr old guy whose plant shut down afford to feed his family or pay his bills while he's going to a trade school?

That guy can find another job and go to trade school at night.  It sucks, but it can be done.  :niterider:

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

39 minutes ago, foster said:

And there is much less job security which is dramatically changing purchasing habits of this age bracket.  Big ticket items (Car,House,Boat,Country Club memberships,etc) and this age group is more apt to rent or subscribe for their Leisure time activities and products. 

It’s much harder for an economy like ours to prosper when it’s built for higher margin goods. 

This also brings up the question of who will buy the McMansions and 2nd homes and at what price?

There is job security for certain demographics. All the rumors about work ethic in the younger generation is pretty true in many circumstances. The cost of training new hires can be stupid expensive. My company estimates about 10 grand per recruit. If you're reliable, good at your job, motivated, now, more so than ever in the last 15+ years, you're a commodity. 

Seek help. soflabillsfan

11 million people would rather sit home than work for minimum wage that doesnt provide a meaningful existence. 

7 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

11 million people would rather sit home than work for minimum wage that doesnt provide a meaningful existence. 

Sigh.  Okay big fella.  You're big on that idea of a $15 minimum wage.  You've championed it before.  Not going to happen.  Even if it did it would KILL jobs like nothing before.  Be careful what you wish for.  "Rather sit at home" and collect free money (welfare, etc.) , right?  Losers.

3 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Sigh.  Okay big fella.  You're big on that idea of a $15 minimum wage.  You've championed it before.  Not going to happen.  Even if it did it would KILL jobs like nothing before.  Be careful what you wish for.  "Rather sit at home" and collect free money (welfare, etc.) , right?  Losers.

I bet they said that about $5.00 minimum wage and $6.00 and $7.25.....

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Just now, HipKat said:

I bet they said that about $5.00 minimum wage and $6.00 and $7.25.....

You're so right, Hip. Let's double that motherfucker!  LOL.  Great idea.  No consequences whatsoever.  Good stuff all the way around.  Idiot.

Just now, Thebowflexbody said:

You're so right, Hip. Let's double that motherfucker!  LOL.  Great idea.  No consequences whatsoever.  Good stuff all the way around.  Idiot.

AAAAHHHHH hahaha, too funny, you calling anyone an idiot

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 minute ago, HipKat said:

AAAAHHHHH hahaha, too funny, you calling anyone an idiot

But you are an idiot, Bozo.  LOL.  Just fact.  :classic_sleep:

When I started working, minimum wage was 1.60$. That was for bagging groceries and stocking shelves at Tops markets in 1973. I looked it up, that would be 9.78$ in today’s dollars.

2 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Considering that the buying power of the dollar continues to go down, why are you ok with millions of people being unable to survive on less than a minimum wage? The minimum wage is not a living wage anywhere. Why are you okay with that? Was jesus a capitalist?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Considering that the buying power of the dollar continues to go down, why are you ok with millions of people being unable to survive on less than a minimum wage? The minimum wage is not a living wage anywhere. Why are you okay with that? Was jesus a capitalist?

What's the solution? What should the minimum wage be? $15 $20 an hour ......should a Walmart greeter get paid the same as an EMT?

3 minutes ago, jc856 said:

When I started working, minimum wage was 1.60$. That was for bagging groceries and stocking shelves at Tops markets in 1973. I looked it up, that would be 9.78$ in today’s dollars.

Do these people receive any supplemental benefits? Food stamps, etc? Not that I think Walmart should pay low wages and have the taxpayer supplement the rest, but if pay is raised, would that disqualify people for added benefits?

24 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Minimum wage ain't meant to be your main source of income for years on end, guy.  Summer jobs, student's jobs, second jobs, temporary jobs, extra money, mad money.  If minimum wage is what you're counting on to raise a family and live on for years, there's a bigger problem here than just the wage.  We're not socialists in this country, at least not yet.  (If Bernie Sanders gets elected, I figure you'll throw a party).  No one is entitled to anything just for existing.  Raise the bar.  Better yourself.  For god's sake don't count on the government to support you and be your nanny. 

7 minutes ago, RaoulDuke said:

What's the solution? What should the minimum wage be? $15 $20 an hour ......should a Walmart greeter get paid the same as an EMT?

The solution is there is a minimum wage that is a living wage. That's it.

6 minutes ago, RaoulDuke said:

My bro-in-law is an EMT in Atlanta, he doesn’t get shit for what he puts up with. I wouldn’t do that job for twice what he gets paid