Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

The play where Allen threw to a double covered FB down the field

This is the play where Allen threw to a FB in double coverage, 40 yards down the field.

He had Singletary open with no defender within 10 yards of him. 

Easy 10 yard pickup on 2nd down, and if Singletary can make 1 guy miss ... he may take it to the house.

Once again ... it's not Daboll...

clean.png

• Like 1

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

These are obviously the things he needs to work on. Also looks like the WR at the 43 is breaking open for a big gain as well unless there is a safety outside the photo. Either way, I've never understood why we split out dimarco. If we were going no huddle trying to catch the other team off guard from a previous play, I understand, but that's not always the case 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

These are obviously the things he needs to work on. Also looks like the WR at the 43 is breaking open for a big gain as well unless there is a safety outside the photo. Either way, I've never understood why we split out dimarco. If we were going no huddle trying to catch the other team off guard from a previous play, I understand, but that's not always the case 

Theres a safety outside the photo. Allen may have been able to fit it in, but it would be tight. 

The right play was Singletary, and it looks like he looked right at him. 

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Dimarco is just supposed to clear out the coverage so the underneath is open.  Which it was.  Hero boy couldn’t resist 

• Trump 1

lol

ECQKgbmW4AAkI5n.jpg:large

20 minutes ago, 212frawk said:

Dimarco is just supposed to clear out the coverage so the underneath is open.  Which it was.  Hero boy couldn’t resist 

Sad.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

When I saw the replay I saw that he had Brown more available than Dimarco to go long.   Not sure why, if he made up his mind to heave it, he didnt throw it to Brown.

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

33 minutes ago, miamibillsnut said:

When I saw the replay I saw that he had Brown more available than Dimarco to go long.   Not sure why, if he made up his mind to heave it, he didnt throw it to Brown.

It would have been tight, but he could have probably made it to Brown.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Bad scheme to have DiMarco involved in such a play.  He should NEVER be a target, much less one down field.  Terrible decision, but you can't put him in that situation.  Based on DiMarco's effort, even if he had found himself wide open the only chance he had to catch it was if it stuck in his face mask.  Literally 5 other guys that can do what little DiMarco does on this team, all better suited for that play. Mismanagement AGAIN.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

It would have been tight, but he could have probably made it to Brown.

Yeah, Brown wasnt exactly open but if you are going to heave one, throw it to actual receiver who is single covered, not a slow FB double covered.    Those kind of decisions where he pre determines his decision are probably the most concerning thing about Allen. 

• Thanks 1

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

1 hour ago, miamibillsnut said:

Yeah, Brown wasnt exactly open but if you are going to heave one, throw it to actual receiver who is single covered, not a slow FB double covered.    Those kind of decisions where he pre determines his decision are probably the most concerning thing about Allen. 

Agreed.

Or the guy who has (literally) no one within 10 yards of him.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

I wonder if Allen is like some frat dude and one night during the season he, Knox, and DiMarco are all hanging out getting shit faced and start slinging crazy ideas with each other? 

Orinally Posted by seandelevan

A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio

If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

12 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

This is the play where Allen threw to a FB in double coverage, 40 yards down the field.

Easy 10 yard pickup on 2nd down, and if Singletary can make 1 guy miss ... he may take it to the house.

clean.png

At this point he was in hero mode. I heard Tasker talking about this play. 

Pretend Tyrod Taylor was the QB on this play. He would and could make this throw. EXCEPT DS would not be open because the defense doesn’t need to cover anything beyond 15 yards of LOS. Defense would be all over Devon because TT has no arm and/or balls to throw down field. 

I get it was a shitty play but also Dimarco is 6'1" which makes him better suited to make that catch than any of our WRs

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

clean.png

I  was trying to figure out what the fullback was doing 40 yards downfield, and why was he double covered?

6 hours ago, theAteam said:

I get it was a shitty play but also Dimarco is 6'1" which makes him better suited to make that catch than any of our WRs

LOL. True! 

Sad

but true

Orinally Posted by seandelevan

A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio

If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

9 hours ago, theAteam said:

and like i said elsewhere, if DiMarco has any sort of non white timing, he makes the play because the 2 defenders were terribly positioned and behind him, but DiMarco completely mistimed his jump or he makes a pretty easy catch. 

• Like 2

Fullback Go Route was the first option on that play.

Great play- nice design.   Love it.

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2020 at 8:10 AM, VolsBillsMagic said:

At the end of his roll out it was the only thing left to do. He should have been told what to do more all year. Instead he was shut down .  Shoulda thrown more to Beasley all year. Needs to balance long and short stuff to make both more effective. They were blitzing well, so who told him to hold the ball look long and lose the game? Play calling lacked expertise.

On 1/8/2020 at 12:52 PM, 212frawk said:

Lamar would have scored at touchdown or cured cancer!  LOL

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, JoeFerguson said:

Josh Allen is just a big, dumb stupid dog. He's unable to learn new tricks. 

Sure.  Right.  Eye roll.