Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Beane: Were not going to throw a bunch of resources at WR - we aren’t one player away

Yeah the FA WR class sucks this year, so no shit McBeane.

They'll draft 1 and call it a day.

They should go in on AJ Green though.

• Thanks 2

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

18 minutes ago, The Beef said:

Yeah the FA WR class sucks this year, so no shit McBeane.

They'll draft 1 and call it a day.

They should go in on AJ Green though.

Agreed, the FA WR class is garbage. The only WR's worth signing are Amari Cooper, AJ Green and Robby Anderson.

There is no way Jerry Jones always Amari Cooper to leave Dallas. I expect Jones to pay Cooper $22 million/year of more.

AJ Green is talented but he has missed a lot of games the past 2 years dealing with injuries and will be 32 years old in 2020. You will probably have to spend at least $10 million/year or more to sign him.

Robby Anderson is an up and coming deep speed WR, but he has off field issues with police. You will probably have to spend $13 million/year or more to sign him.

It's more cost effective to get a WR in the one of the deepest WR draft classes in year. You could see 6 or 7 WR's drafted in the 1st round. There is a very good chance 3  or 4 QB's go in the top 10 with Cincinnati, Miami, Los Angeles (Chargers) and Carolina needing a QB. So that should push someone like Laviska Shenault, Justin Jefferson, Tee Higgins or Henry Ruggs to Buffalo's pick at 22nd overall.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

He’s right about one thing. We are definitely not only one player away. Even the four new starters could not turn the offense of line into anything worthwhile.

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

6 minutes ago, HipKat said:

He’s right about one thing. We are definitely not only one player away. Even the four new starters could not turn the offense of line into anything worthwhile.

Beane isn't going to give away his game plan for the off season today.

Beane will definitely get a WR in the 1st round in one of the deepest WR draft classes in years.

Beane might sign a TE like Austin Hooper in free agency or trade for OJ Howard to get anther talented TE on the roster and cut Tyler Kroft.

I'm sure he will add more talent to the OL and extend Dion Dawkins contract as he has 1 year left.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

22 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Beane will definitely get a WR in the 1st round in one of the deepest WR draft classes in years.

Beane might sign a TE like Austin Hooper in free agency or trade for OJ Howard to get anther talented TE on the roster and cut Tyler Kroft.

I'm sure he will add more talent to the OL and extend Dion Dawkins contract as he has 1 year left.

Contrary to what you believe, offseason plans are not some huge secret.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

5 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Contrary to what you believe, offseason plans are not some huge secret.

What if Beane wants to trade for Odell Beckham Jr or Mike Evans or JuJu Smith Schuster? He isn't going to tell everyone his plan in a press conference.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

1 hour ago, junglesouljah said:

What if Beane wants to trade for Odell Beckham Jr or Mike Evans or JuJu Smith Schuster? He isn't going to tell everyone his plan in a press conference.

That would take a lot of resources.

He said we aren’t doing that.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

I think we are 3 players away.  A RT, WR & big RB.  We can also fill in depth since we have all our picks and a few extra late rounders.  I expect all holes to be filled and it all rests on Josh's further development.  If he continues to improve the Bills will be Super Bowl contenders.  If not, back to the drawing board. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I think we are 3 players away.  A RT, WR & big RB.  We can also fill in depth since we have all our picks and a few extra late rounders.  I expect all holes to be filled and it all rests on Josh's further development.  If he continues to improve the Bills will be Super Bowl contenders.  If not, back to the drawing board. 

I think you are nuts, but A RT and WR is a place to start, still need 2 DE, a real MLB and move Edmunds where he belongs. RB would be a bonus, but they refuse to use the ones they have correctly, so im not so sure any of it really matters.  Next year is a losing season.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DC2007 said:

I think you are nuts, but A RT and WR is a place to start, still need 2 DE, a real MLB and move Edmunds where he belongs. RB would be a bonus, but they refuse to use the ones they have correctly, so im not so sure any of it really matters.  Next year is a losing season.

I'd like to know what you thought the Bills 2019 record would be.  Did you say they were going to have a losing season in 2019 too?  If so you're nothing more than a heckler who likes to say the Bills will lose.  

For the record, I predicted a winning 2019 season and made good $ betting on the Bills futures (You can check my posts in the 2019season prediction thread).  I'm predicting a winning season next year.   My track record is proven.  What is your track record?  

Just because the schedule is in theory harder doesn't mean Buffalo will have a losing season.

Buffalo is capable of winning 10 games in 2020.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

5 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

I wouldn't say he will DEFINITELY draft a WR in the 1st round.    

When you have a DEEP class at one position you can wait until the 2nd round.  Because by definition there are a lot of prospects available
(Jalen Reagor, WR - TCU and Tyler Johnson, WR - Minnesota are two interesting options if available in the 2nd round.  I think they fit Josh.

What I hope Beane does is draft 2 WRs.    We have a total of 9 picks I think.   Grab one in the 2nd and another in 4th/5th.

• Like 1

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

3 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

I wouldn't say he will DEFINITELY draft a WR in the 1st round.    

When you have a DEEP class at one position you can wait until the 2nd round.  Because by definition there are a lot of prospects available
(Jalen Reagor, WR - TCU and Tyler Johnson, WR - Minnesota are two interesting options if available in the 2nd round.  I think they fit Josh.

What I hope Beane does is draft 2 WRs.    We have a total of 9 picks I think.   Grab one in the 2nd and another in 4th/5th.

WR is the biggest need for Buffalo. I like Tyler Johnson and Jalen Reagor, but I don't have them rated as high as  Justin Jefferson,Tee Higgins and Laviska Shenault.

IMO there is a 99% chance Beane will draft a WR in the 1st round.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Interesting about Edmunds.   I know he gets a lot of hype by the Broadcasters, but some plays I wonder what he is doing.    

Talented.  Let's just get everyone in the right seats.

42 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

Interesting about Edmunds.   I know he gets a lot of hype by the Broadcasters, but some plays I wonder what he is doing.    

Tre is what 22 years old.  Hes gonna be great barring injury...still young and dumb, he will grow exponentially...

1 hour ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Most likely a DE, OL, CB in round one IMO.

I can see that.

EDGE rushers in the open market are expensive.  Even avg Joes.    So signing one in Free Agency that is better than Shaq Lawson or Trent Murphy is a challenge financially.

So if the Boys think that K'Lavon Chaisson, EDGE, LSU and Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State are good prospects, they could be options.
I would consider Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville in the first round.   If we hit on him, he would be holding down the RT spot for the next 5+ years.

2 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

He's an athletic freak, but he's not a MLB, he should be outside where he can use that athleticism to pursue the qb and not have to try to shed blocks, he and Milano get abused by linemen all day.  He's wirey, use it to his advantage, instead of forcing him to try to shed blocks.  I feel like multiple players on this team are forced to work against their talents vs using them because the roster is still a hodgepodge and to be honest, I think the coaching sucks in many ways.

I think they spread it around again, I personally think they need to go all in this year but assume they won't. 

I think they'll spend some money on some defensive guys, Bradbury IV from Carolina makes a lot of sense, a good #2 CB that won't break the bank. I could also see them going with vet DE if they don't bring Lawson back and then still draft one. I see RB and possibly a TE as being targets in FA, assuming Kroft and Smith are gone.

I'm happy with throwing a draft pick at 1 or 2 WRs in the draft, 1 early and 1 late.

I could also see a classic McBeane move of taking not only a former Panther, but one coming off of an injured season in Devin Funchess...if he doesn't sign another one-year deal with Indy.

10 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

That would take a lot of resources.

He said we aren’t doing that.

GMs never lie.....

McCoy is our number 1 running back...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Most likely a DE, OL, CB in round one IMO.

4 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Lol @seandelevan is going to lose his mind when we take a CB in Round 1.

Well...sadly...he’s probably right. I’m almost totally expecting it. 

This regime has still yet to proven me that it wants a modern day nfl offense. 

miserable that 70s show GIF