Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Phillips: I love the Bills and want to be back (we should have re-signed Jordan Phillips)

On 1/6/2020 at 4:05 PM, LiterateStylish said:

He was very clear in his desire to be back next year.

He and Lawson are free agents.

Will be interesting if we pay him.  It's all Star's fault if we don't.  With Oliver getting 9th overall money, Phillips coming back, and Star eating 10mil, I don't think we want to allocate another 10m+ a year for phillips

22 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Will be interesting if we pay him.  It's all Star's fault if we don't.  With Oliver getting 9th overall money, Phillips coming back, and Star eating 10mil, I don't think we want to allocate another 10m+ a year for phillips

Yep.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

So eat the dead cap space and cut Star...pay Phillips....eating capspace to keep a baller is something Beane should do...

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Down and Out said:

So eat the dead cap space and cut Star...pay Phillips....eating capspace to keep a baller is something Beane should do...

I agree I'd rather eat 8 mil dead cap, save 2.3 mil cutting star.  Put that towards re-signing Phillips and then drafting a fat boy space eater in the later rounds to compete with a cheap FA for the 4th DT spot

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

I’d say Harrison will be the Phillips playing DT next year 

Unless something drastic changes in the off-season, Harrison can't hold Phillips jockstrap. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Unless something drastic changes in the off-season, Harrison can't hold Phillips jockstrap. 

I liked what I saw from Harrison but Jordan has damn near been unstoppable for at least half the season...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

I don’t disagree. At least Harrison looked to be playing well before he got hurt 

Sure Harrison Phillip's can hold his own jockstrap.  Probably just not on TV.

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

From Joe Bs 7 Observations...

Star and Oliver vs Phillips and Liuget....

4) A curious personnel decision that sparked Houston’s first TD drive

Up 16-0 in the third quarter, the Bills were sailing smoothly up until the ensuing Texans drive. The Texans took over and they ran all over the Bills defense to set up their first touchdown drive of the game. Though it was partially their own doing based on the personnel they put on the field to begin the Texans’ offensive series. The Bills featured a defensive tackle pairing of three-technique defensive tackle Jordan Phillips and one-technique defensive tackle Corey Liuget — who were their two worst run-defending players at the position.
Predictably, the Texans ran the ball on four of the five plays the Phillips-Liuget combination was on the field and gained 29 yards on four carries to help the Texans get to the Bills’ 32-yard line. Despite his sack production, Phillips has remained an overrated commodity who isn’t quite the player that the stats would indicate. He’s been relatively stable, but he gets pushed around far too quickly on some running plays — which is frustrating to see with a bigger-framed player. As for Liuget, he was out of work up until the final month of the regular season and hasn’t held up well enough at the point of attack.
Putting the Phillips and Liuget combination on the field at the same time was a questionable decision at best by defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier and head coach Sean McDermott. Once Ed Oliver and Star Lotulelei replaced them on the sixth play of the drive, they promptly got back-to-back one-yard stops on Houston. At that point in the game, the Bills’ willingness to feature a full four-person rotation was too much of a luxury and likely cost the Bills a lot of yards leading up to Houston’s first touchdown.

Not everyone thinks Phillips is the cat’s meow.  Will be interesting but having Horrible Harry back, I don’t think they break the bank on Phillips.

You can kiss Phillips goodbye, hes going to get a decent payday in the 7-9M per year range and he will have a lot of flash plays for his next team too. Oliver wasn't drafted to sit.  Oliver had a really good year against the run, had some flashes of potential to be a penetrating DT, but ultimately didn't wow anyone.  This is why you don't spend top 10 picks on DTs, their impact is not large enough.  The ONLY defensive spots that are remotely arguable for even the first round are Edge(which can be an OLB) and CB.  The middle of the D does not merit high picks.  Exceptions can be made for truly generational type players.  What you don't do is draft undersized, under performing, projects early and expect them to magically become generational talents.  Somehow, the Bills have whiffed on this concept MULTIPLE times.   I would have been fine with Oliver in the late first or 2nd round, same for Edmunds, assuming they were clearly the BPA in a relatively weak class.  That was not the case and whats worse is when you draft guys like that and have to change their position in the Pros because they don't actually fit your scheme.  This is known as piss poor management and the Bills have and STILL suffer from it. 

If I owned a team and the GM drafted anything other than a QB,OT, EDGE, or WR  in the top 15, his ass would be in my office before the 2nd round got underway and he would be unemployed if there wasn't damn good evidence of a HOF level player being taken at a lesser position. 

You don't waste those picks on rotational guys. You spend them on guys who will be on the field 95% or more of the snaps for their side of the ball.   If Oliver was worth a top 10 pick, why is it there are other guys on the field in key situations?  If Edmunds is "Lawrence Taylor like" why are you wasting his talent inside.  At least you swung for a QB, but fuck me on drafting a giant project at 7 as well.  Tre White, fine, wish you had gone QB, but whatever.   Lawson, bad pick, bad talent evaluation, rotational guy at best, wasted first rounder, check that, wasted draft. 

The only guy of any value in the previous draft was Darby, there hasnt been any real hits at all unless what you count what guys did after they left here which makes Gilmore and Lynch and to lesser extents Watkins and Woods appear as better picks.  Eric Wood and Kyle Williams were your only long tenured players who was actually worth a shit from the last 20 years of drafts.  Fuck me, I need a new team.

On 1/6/2020 at 6:45 PM, LiterateStylish said:

Called it.

4 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

We should have re-signed Jordan.

Wreaking havoc in Arizona.

No idea why we let him walk.

paid pay day GIF

• Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

He was over aggressive and also for burnt on the run.  Phillips had great sack numbers, but he had the hated “Star” eating blocks beside him and Jerry forcing QBs up into him.

But he was often also a victim of getting bypassed.  For the money, they felt they could bring in others without much drop off.

1 hour ago, Bleedzbillz said:

He was over aggressive and also for burnt on the run.  Phillips had great sack numbers, but he had the hated “Star” eating blocks beside him and Jerry forcing QBs up into him.

But he was often also a victim of getting bypassed.  For the money, they felt they could bring in others without much drop off.

Uh, he seems to be doing great in Arizona with neither Star nor Hughes.

If he had been resigned you'd be complaining at how much money it cost to keep him. Guaran fuckin teed. 

Listen, dude balled and keeps ballin'. But there's only enough money to go around. At some point some players will end up leaving. Its the business. 

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Uh, he seems to be doing great in Arizona with neither Star nor Hughes.

No tackles vs SF

1 tackle, 1 sack vs WAS, 

2 tackles vs DET, 1 sack

His 2 sacks are good so far.  I’ll wait until he plays the meat of the NFC West with better QBs (Garrapolo sucks, and now it’s Mullins, still got nothing against them.)

Nothing indicates he has been great against the run.

• Like 1