LiterateStylish

Ouch. The Ringer just shredded Allen something fierce

FWIW, never heard of the Ringer until this post.

• Thanks 1

My Retired AAB is Kyle Williams...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

U.S.Navy, Retired 1986-2015

12 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

“This game—and this season more broadly—should have even the most ardent Josh Allen believers question whether he can be the Bills’ quarterback of the future.

Allen chucked the football 46 times in this game. That is not a game plan that will work for the Bills, especially when Allen converted those 46 attempts into 24 completions (52.2 percent), 264 yards (5.7 per attempt), and zero touchdowns.

He also had zero picks, but it wasn’t for a lack of trying—numerous passes hit the hands of Texans defenders, though they weren’t able to hang on to the football.

Allen also fumbled the ball twice, losing it once.

His decision-making, though, was eye-raising at best and shockingly awful at worst. At one point, on a crucial scramble late in the fourth quarter, Allen nonsensically tried to lateral the football to avoid a tackle.

That decision cost the Bills a chunk of yardage thanks to an illegal bat of the ball, but it could have cost the team the game had a Texans player been in position to scoop it up. Footballs are not round: No player should recklessly toss them around.

Allen also took a 19-yard sack on a third down in the fourth quarter when the Bills desperately needed a field goal. And on a crucial fourth-quarter drive he dropped the ball out of nowhere, virtually handing the ball to the Texans.

There was seemingly an endless stream of these perplexing errors. In short, it’s not a good sign for any team if their quarterback is better as a running back …

Allen’s entire 2019 looks like this—he can do everything but throw. He finished the season with 3,089 yards on a 58.8 percent completion rate with 20 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He ranked 23rd in adjusted net yards per attempt (5.71), 27th in Pro Football Focus’s grades, 24th in QBR, and 35th in completion percentage above expectation.

Allen still possesses tantalizing arm strength and is one of the best rushing QBs in the game (510 yards and a league-leading nine touchdowns), but he needs to improve his decision-making and accuracy. The loss to the Texans put a spotlight on all his flaws—and they are ones that will be difficult to fix.

Luckily for the Bills, Allen is entering only his third season, so they have plenty of time to continue to evaluate him before deciding on an extension—but don’t be surprised if this time next year he’s talked about in the same way Mitchell Trubisky is.”

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/1/4/21050139/exit-interview-buffalo-bills-josh-allen

i DON'T HAVE anything against you posting good or bad about the Bills if it's true, but the part about the illegal bat IS NOT TRUE! Nor did that decision cost the Bills a chunk of yardage! It wasn't the safest move if it wasn't batted out of bounds by Knox, but he did manage to get it out of bounds stopping the clock without any 10-second runoff & penalty. 

9 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Did you get a concussion this morning that made you lose all common sense and logic?

There were 4 defenders converging on him.

FOUR.

Knox BARELY got there in time to bat the ball out of bounds.

If he caught that lateral, he would have been CRUSHED within 2 yards.

We don’t even know if he would have made it back to where Josh was.

You can see this is true just by looking at the FOUR DEFENDERS ON THE SCREEN.

This whole “Knox could go 20 yards narrative” is just ridiculous.

He would MAYBE make it TWO yards.

Goodness gracious.

You're missing the most important point--the clock stopped without needing to use another down to spike it.

6 hours ago, Coach'sUncle'sSon said:

You're missing the most important point--the clock stopped without needing to use another down to spike it.

I don’t think that’s what Josh was trying to do. But maybe.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

6 hours ago, Coach'sUncle'sSon said:

i DON'T HAVE anything against you posting good or bad about the Bills if it's true, but the part about the illegal bat IS NOT TRUE! Nor did that decision cost the Bills a chunk of yardage! It wasn't the safest move if it wasn't batted out of bounds by Knox, but he did manage to get it out of bounds stopping the clock without any 10-second runoff & penalty. 

It did cost the Bills yardage.

About 5-7 yards if I remember right.

Where the ball was batter out was several yards behind where Josh was.

21 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

“This game—and this season more broadly—should have even the most ardent Josh Allen believers question whether he can be the Bills’ quarterback of the future.

Allen chucked the football 46 times in this game. That is not a game plan that will work for the Bills, especially when Allen converted those 46 attempts into 24 completions (52.2 percent), 264 yards (5.7 per attempt), and zero touchdowns.

He also had zero picks, but it wasn’t for a lack of trying—numerous passes hit the hands of Texans defenders, though they weren’t able to hang on to the football.

Allen also fumbled the ball twice, losing it once.

His decision-making, though, was eye-raising at best and shockingly awful at worst. At one point, on a crucial scramble late in the fourth quarter, Allen nonsensically tried to lateral the football to avoid a tackle.

That decision cost the Bills a chunk of yardage thanks to an illegal bat of the ball, but it could have cost the team the game had a Texans player been in position to scoop it up. Footballs are not round: No player should recklessly toss them around.

Allen also took a 19-yard sack on a third down in the fourth quarter when the Bills desperately needed a field goal. And on a crucial fourth-quarter drive he dropped the ball out of nowhere, virtually handing the ball to the Texans.

There was seemingly an endless stream of these perplexing errors. In short, it’s not a good sign for any team if their quarterback is better as a running back …

Allen’s entire 2019 looks like this—he can do everything but throw. He finished the season with 3,089 yards on a 58.8 percent completion rate with 20 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He ranked 23rd in adjusted net yards per attempt (5.71), 27th in Pro Football Focus’s grades, 24th in QBR, and 35th in completion percentage above expectation.

Allen still possesses tantalizing arm strength and is one of the best rushing QBs in the game (510 yards and a league-leading nine touchdowns), but he needs to improve his decision-making and accuracy. The loss to the Texans put a spotlight on all his flaws—and they are ones that will be difficult to fix.

Luckily for the Bills, Allen is entering only his third season, so they have plenty of time to continue to evaluate him before deciding on an extension—but don’t be surprised if this time next year he’s talked about in the same way Mitchell Trubisky is.”

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/1/4/21050139/exit-interview-buffalo-bills-josh-allen

It was like a nervous breakdown whereas Watson was composed and seemed to know exactly what he wants to do next.

Watson has a year on him;  Watson sucked last year in the playoffs.

When we drafted Allen I fully expected to be embarrassed the first 2 years in comparison to Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield.  That hasn't happened. 

He was a PROJECT.

And let's be honest, there's a ton of 'analysts' in the media who predicted him to be the biggest flop ever.  Everytime he falters they can write a scathing article; these articles serve to apply mental vaseline to their butt-hurtedness.

As a friend pointed out to me yesterday, Allen has a lot of early Brett Favre in him.    We can only hope.   FWIW, everyone here I know loves Allen, they think he is special and will be great.   Dolphins fans, but they do like him.

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

1 hour ago, FanBack said:

When we drafted Allen I fully expected to be embarrassed the first 2 years in comparison to Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield.  That hasn't happened. 

He was a PROJECT.

And let's be honest, there's a ton of 'analysts' in the media who predicted him to be the biggest flop ever.  Everytime he falters they can write a scathing article; these articles serve to apply mental vaseline to their butt-hurtedness.

How many "project" QB's ever pan out?

34 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

How many "project" QB's ever pan out?

Did their fanbases let those QBs shoot beer cans off of their heads with bows and arrows?

That's what I thought 

3 hours ago, FanBack said:

He was a PROJECT.

Allen was the biggest project of the QB draft class. He has improved from year 1 to year 2. He has already proven his critics at FO's and PFF wrong. It's harsh criticism to call Allen a "parody of an NFL QB", that hot take by FO's has proven to be wrong. "A parody of an NFL QB" doesn't win 10 games and get his team to the playoffs.

Allen outplayed Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield in his 2nd year.

The only QB from that draft class that Allen didn't out play is Jackson.

It's funny that the 2 most criticized QB of the 2018 draft class in Jackson and Allen have become the 2 best QB's.

Allen is raw and of course he needs to be more consistent with his lower body mechanics and improve his deep ball throws, but the arrow is pointing up for Allen.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I think the Turbiski comparison is dead nuts, year three is make or break.  Mitch will be out this year, I'm rooting for Brady to replace him, if not, they will bring in Marriota or Bridgewater as a serviceable placeholder.

As for Allen, I don't know what to make of the kid.  He can look great and he can look completely lost on back to back plays.  I think he ends up in the Jamis Winston category, were you can do worse and his ability can keep you in it, but it can just as easily bury you.  If I'm Tampa, I move on.  If that's where Allen ends up, you have to move on too.  

PERSONALLY, I wanted the Bills to get Tannehill last year because I thought he was basically a highly refined version of Allen coming out and he made some good strides in Miami, that worked out well for Tenn.  Now, I really hope the Bills go get Mariotta.  He's the PERFECT fit for McDermott's wishes, he is accurate, smart, ball control oriented and would be a great BACKUP and survival plan for a team thats probably going to need a bridge QB and almost certainly will need a backup a few times next year.  He also will pressure the hell out of Allen to play well or get off the field.  He may get better offers in LA or Chi, but if Brady ends up with Chi and LA goes Bridgewater, come on up Marcus. Here will be a chance to win a starting job back in the NFL.

On 1/5/2020 at 2:16 PM, Kelly's Heroes said:

Sean and Lit--Fire everyone. We suck. Terrible season. No growth. Josh sucks.

Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills must not apply to you two Debbie Downers.

Congrats to our beloved team for an amazing season that reminds me of 1988. In other words, adversity creates character.  But again, not for you two a-holes.

LOL.  Yep.  Lit and Sean are real turn offs.  I'm taking a break from this depressing place.  Nothing but naysayers with 20/20 hindsight.  I'll be back at a later time.  Just so sick of all the negative shit over and over and over.  Christ.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

LOL.  Yep.  Lit and Sean are real turn offs.  I'm taking a break from this depressing place.  Nothing but naysayers with 20/20 hindsight.  I'll be back at a later time.  Just so sick of all the negative shit over and over and over.  Christ.

Lit and  Sean will tell you they are real fans because they hate the Buffalo Bills and love to criticize Allen and McDermott every chance they get.

Beane and McDermott have turned around the franchise. Buffalo has made the playoffs in 2 out of the 3 years they have been in charge. Before that there was a 17 year playoff drought. If that doesn't impress you nothing will.

The next step is to add more talent on offense and win some playoff games.

You don't go from a 17 year playoff drought to a super bowl contender over night.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

1 minute ago, junglesouljah said:

Lit and  Sean will tell you they are real fans because they hate the Buffalo Bills and love to criticize Allen and McDermott every chance they get.

Beane and McDermott have turned around the franchise. Buffalo has made the playoffs in 2 out of the 3 years they have been in charge. Before that there was a 17 year playoff drought. If that doesn't impress you nothing will.

You don't go from a 17 year playoff drought to a super bowl contender over night.

Yes indeed.  Allen needs to improve.  Even he knows that.  He was a raw project from the start.  I think he'll get better.  If he doesn't, heck yes, move on.  Still too early to do that yet.  I would draft a quarterback in the mid rounds, though.  We should do that every single year.

3 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Actually, I love the Bills and like Allen and think McD is a good coach. 

I have a Buffalo tattoo for goodness sake.

But sure, make things up if you want.

Haven't read it yet, but who/what the bleep is "the ringer"?

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

4 hours ago, DC2007 said:

I think the Turbiski comparison is dead nuts, year three is make or break.  Mitch will be out this year, I'm rooting for Brady to replace him, if not, they will bring in Marriota or Bridgewater as a serviceable placeholder.

As for Allen, I don't know what to make of the kid.  He can look great and he can look completely lost on back to back plays.  I think he ends up in the Jamis Winston category, were you can do worse and his ability can keep you in it, but it can just as easily bury you.  If I'm Tampa, I move on.  If that's where Allen ends up, you have to move on too.  

PERSONALLY, I wanted the Bills to get Tannehill last year because I thought he was basically a highly refined version of Allen coming out and he made some good strides in Miami, that worked out well for Tenn.  Now, I really hope the Bills go get Mariotta.  He's the PERFECT fit for McDermott's wishes, he is accurate, smart, ball control oriented and would be a great BACKUP and survival plan for a team thats probably going to need a bridge QB and almost certainly will need a backup a few times next year.  He also will pressure the hell out of Allen to play well or get off the field.  He may get better offers in LA or Chi, but if Brady ends up with Chi and LA goes Bridgewater, come on up Marcus. Here will be a chance to win a starting job back in the NFL.

I believe Bears have already committed to Trubisky for next season

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bears/2019/12/31/chicago-bears-commit-mitchell-trubisky-starting-quarterback-2020/2783168001/

14 minutes ago, DC2007 said:

Yeah, and Shady was the starter here for 2019.. until he wasn't.

Good point.  With the performance of Gore and Yeldon, and lack of durability the broken Motor, getting rid of Shady should be focused on more than doing Josh Allen derangement syndrome, similar to the TDSers on here.  

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)