Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

52% ... Should we just accept that this is who Josh is?

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Buffalo13 said:

Who cares what Drew Lock did in a regular season game against them.  The NFL doesn't work that way and you know it.  

But overall, yes, we will have to accept Allen as a 55-60% passer.  The 52% in this game was misleading as he was in some strange spots where he was firing some passes into the end zone that had no real chance...they were basically throw away passes.  He also put at least three great passes right on guys that should/could have been caught: Duke in the end zone, Brown on the sideline, and Duke on the sideline.  Those three throws were outstanding.  

Also, when it comes to his completion percentage, I really think it's more about him continuing to learn where to go with the ball and seeing the field better than it is his physical abilities.  I'm sure he missed on a few throws in this game but I don't recall very many foul balls.  

Over the last 5 games of the season, he averaged 48%,


ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allen was 65% through 3 quarters.  The wheels fell off in the 4th and OT for him.  Daboll/Allen needs to realize that when he begins to struggle he needs to "return to the mean" and look to run some plays to Beasley

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are right! I watched the game again, Allen had a really strange look in his eyes at the end of the game. Did he get a concussion or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bv said:

You are right! I watched the game again, Allen had a really strange look in his eyes at the end of the game. Did he get a concussion or something?

Allen got hit in the head by a tackle that was a spear and should have called unnecessary roughness by Zach Cunningham. It's possible he played through a concussion.


L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with this

 

The Bills run the risk of going the way of the 2017 Jaguars and 2018 Bears if they cannot find a way to accentuate Josh Allen's occasional breathtaking scrambles and throws while minimizing his fumbles, baffling last-second decisions, near pick-sixes and long periods of looking like the lost sibling of Blake Bortles and Mitch Trubisky. 

Brian Daboll's conservative game plans (he had exactly enough fresh ideas for the opening drive on Saturday) may be part of the problem, but Daboll appeared to be limiting Allen's decision-making because Allen's decision-making often results in intentional grounding penalties and surprise laterals to unsuspecting teammates. 

The team has $88 million in cap space to invest in future weapons, but weapons also might not be the problem. Allen must become the quarterback Bills fans insist he is, not the one he looks like when the rest of the world is paying attention. 

 


lol

 

ECQKgbmW4AAkI5n.jpg:large

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 212frawk said:

I agree with this

The Bills run the risk of going the way of the 2017 Jaguars and 2018 Bears if they cannot find a way to accentuate Josh Allen's occasional breathtaking scrambles and throws while minimizing his fumbles, baffling last-second decisions, near pick-sixes and long periods of looking like the lost sibling of Blake Bortles and Mitch Trubisky. 

Brian Daboll's conservative game plans (he had exactly enough fresh ideas for the opening drive on Saturday) may be part of the problem, but Daboll appeared to be limiting Allen's decision-making because Allen's decision-making often results in intentional grounding penalties and surprise laterals to unsuspecting teammates. 

The team has $88 million in cap space to invest in future weapons, but weapons also might not be the problem. Allen must become the quarterback Bills fans insist he is, not the one he looks like when the rest of the world is paying attention. 

His near pick sixes lol.  Since week 5 Allen has one of the lowest amount of Interceptions thrown by any QB.  Lower than Brees and Rodgers.

Love when national media people watch 1 game and extrapolate what happened as if it's a game after game occurence

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

His near pick sixes lol.  Since week 5 Allen has one of the lowest amount of Interceptions thrown by any QB.  Lower than Brees and Rodgers.

Love when national media people watch 1 game and extrapolate what happened as if it's a game after game occurence

Allen threw 12 interceptions in 2018 and 9 interceptions in 2019.

Compare Allen to Jameis Winston who PFF loves who threw 30 interceptions. PFF loves to mention how many turnover worthy throws Allen has, a very subjective stat by the way, but fails to criticize Winston for actual turnovers. Winston has 21 more interceptions than Allen, but  Winston is rated above Allen.

How many action pick 6's did Winston throws? How many near pick 6's did Winston throw?

I want to see what Allen can do when Beane compliments John Brown with a #1 WR.


L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Allen threw 12 interceptions in 2018 and 9 interceptions in 2019.

Compare Allen to Jameis Winston who PFF loves who threw 30 interceptions. PFF loves to mention how many turnover worthy throws Allen has, a very subjective stat by the way, but fails to criticize Winston for actual turnovers. Winston has 21 more interceptions than Allen, but  Winston is rated above Allen.

How many action pick 6's did Winston throws? How many near pick 6's did Winston throw?

I want to see what Allen can do when Beane compliments John Brown with a #1 WR.

Why dies Winston get seemingly a free pass?  Hmmmmmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2020 at 8:39 PM, jamsim67 said:

A big problem with this offense is that they don't have an identity.

In my opinion, they need to run the ball to establish the pass and not the other way around.

They don't make any sense in their play calling

The coaches didn't hold the field goal range. Should we just expect more of that? We gave them just what they needed. Two deep sacks. But we ran Gore when we needed yardage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nealpellecchia@yahoo said:

The coaches didn't hold the field goal range. Should we just expect more of that? We gave them just what they needed. Two deep sacks. But we ran Gore when we needed yardage.

The only thing that makes sense to me, is that we are watching entertainment and not a game.

We saw how the league reacted when the Bill's scored their legal TD at the beginning of the 2nd half. Hmmmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Very Wide Right said:

Josh sucks

Josh was the 2nd best QB of the 2018 draft last year.

Josh is an ascending player who will only get better.

  • Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, junglesouljah said:

Josh was the 2nd best QB of the 2018 draft last year.

Josh is an ascending player who will only get better.

There is really no proof of that.

With 3rd year players, it’s pretty even between guys who get better and guys who get worse and guys who stay the same.


ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Josh was the 2nd best QB of the 2018 draft last year.

Josh is an ascending player who will only get better.

Nope and nope. He sucks. 

  • Thanks 1

jillies1_zps849e2f3f.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2020 at 6:59 PM, bv said:

You are right! I watched the game again, Allen had a really strange look in his eyes at the end of the game. Did he get a concussion or something?

NOPE, that's the look of a defeated man when he realizes he doesn't have what it takes to get it done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Josh was the 2nd best QB of the 2018 draft last year.

Josh is an ascending player who will only get better.

Yeah,put that crystal ball away fan boy, it aint happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give him one more year. Tremendous opportunity and he has all the tools

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2020 at 2:22 PM, 212frawk said:

I agree with this

The Bills run the risk of going the way of the 2017 Jaguars and 2018 Bears if they cannot find a way to accentuate Josh Allen's occasional breathtaking scrambles and throws while minimizing his fumbles, baffling last-second decisions, near pick-sixes and long periods of looking like the lost sibling of Blake Bortles and Mitch Trubisky. 

Brian Daboll's conservative game plans (he had exactly enough fresh ideas for the opening drive on Saturday) may be part of the problem, but Daboll appeared to be limiting Allen's decision-making because Allen's decision-making often results in intentional grounding penalties and surprise laterals to unsuspecting teammates. 

The team has $88 million in cap space to invest in future weapons, but weapons also might not be the problem. Allen must become the quarterback Bills fans insist he is, not the one he looks like when the rest of the world is paying attention. 

You mean one cheating call by the refs away from the Super Bowl?  I think I could deal with that.  Where do I sign up?

Man, Rangers are letting more easy ones slip by them than Sabres goalies recently.  I wish I hadn't ignored the pinned garbage out of habit for so long.

It's generally  just Lit plus 3 or 4 hyperbolic/parody accounts that keep the anti-Josh stuff up....and even Lit gives in and claims he doesn't dislike Josh when Jungle presses him the right way.  Sad, very sad.  


StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

 

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

 

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

 

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

 

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is happening. 

With Josh at the helm the Buffalo Bills are building the most dominant dynasty since the Great Ming. 

We"ll have better vases too.  Do not underestimate the porcelain skills of our coaching staff. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2020 at 3:09 PM, FanBack said:

This is happening. 

With Josh at the helm the Buffalo Bills are building the most dominant dynasty since the Great Ming. 

We"ll have better vases too.  Do not underestimate the porcelain skills of our coaching staff. 

I'm grateful the staff did not draft a porcelain quarterback, with the line they put him behind his rookie season.   

Hopefully they have skills to build a wall like Ming's people did, and then the dynasty can rise like the Skywalker.  #BuildABully!!

  • Haha 1

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

 

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

 

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

 

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

 

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best way to sum up Allen is he's a very good athlete but a below average quarterback. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Klaista said:

The best way to sum up Allen is he's a very good athlete but a below average quarterback. 

Isn't that what some folks on here try to label Lamar Jackson as?  Does that mean we can get a MVP season from Josh next season?!?  


StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

 

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

 

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

 

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

 

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...