Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

52% ... Should we just accept that this is who Josh is?

1 hour ago, theAteam said:

2018 Josh had a 52.8% completion %

2019 Josh had a 58.8% (difference of 6)

If he improves another 6% that's 64.8%, tied for 14th in the league this season.

You’re missing that most of that improvement came in 6 games.

To end the year, Josh averaged 48% (stat provided by Daryl) in his last 5 games.

That’s a 5% decrease.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

15 hours ago, FanBack said:

'We could have had Mahomes.'

Loser post.

Exactly, Mahomes is not the same player he is today if he goes to any other NFL team.

He landed in the perfect spot where he sat for a year and learned behind Alex Smith. He was developed by one of the best offensive minds in Andy Reid. Reid tailor made an offense for him. Mahomes also has the benefit of throwing to Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, Sammy Watkins and Mecole Hardmon.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

13 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Yeah.

I said earlier that an elite WR likely makes that catch.

But that’s a very tough catch for an average WR.

If Allen threw that ball a second before he did, Brown likely catches it.

Yes Allen could have thrown with that pass better anticipation.

But I can go throw all snaps that Watson had and find mistakes he made in missed reads of open WR's or taking sacks.

Not every throw is going to be perfect in the NFL, sometimes your WR has to bail you out.

A bigger WR, with longer arms and a bigger catching radius makes that catch. Tee Higgins or Laviskha Shenault or Justin Jefferson makes that catch.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

On 1/4/2020 at 8:29 PM, LiterateStylish said:

Josh played in his 29th game today.

He will be a 3 year veteran in just a few short months.

Yet, against a bottom 10 defense, he threw 52%.

Maybe we just need to accept that this is who he is, and hope that on an individual game basis that his running skills and playmaker nature overcomes his lack of accuracy.

I don’t know.

Just feeling so defeated.

This was a Texans defense that Drew Lock shredded - 81% for 300+ yards and 3 TD’s.

He did do enough to win... What if we'd signed that OT from Washington and AJ Green...? 

1 hour ago, nealpellecchia@yahoo said:

He did do enough to win... What if we'd signed that OT from Washington and AJ Green...? 

How did he do enough to win? They lost.  Had he scored TDs instead of FGs or not given up fg position with a foolish sack, etc and the Bills won, you would be correct?

Just now, DC2007 said:

How did he do enough to win? They lost.  Had he scored TDs instead of FGs or not given up fg position with a foolish sack, etc and the Bills won, you would be correct?

If Brown gets his feet in bounds we are at the 3 and with all the momentum still early in the game, likely punch it in for 7.

1213587069165015045?s=20

If Duke catches the ball in the endzone that was a perfect pass we go up 17-0 at half and likely go on to win.

19 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

If Brown gets his feet in bounds we are at the 3 and with all the momentum still early in the game, likely punch it in for 7.

1213587069165015045?s=20

If Duke catches the ball in the endzone that was a perfect pass we go up 17-0 at half and likely go on to win.

Going tonjust dismiss all the "ifs" and completely ignore the fact he joke in the second half?

On 1/5/2020 at 3:31 PM, LiterateStylish said:

You’re missing that most of that improvement came in 6 games.

To end the year, Josh averaged 48% (stat provided by Daryl) in his last 5 games.

That’s a 5% decrease.

Context is always important in stats. Buffalo played some very good defenses in Denver, Dallas, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and New England.

But I don't expect you to look at stats with context. Any time you can criticize Allen you will. You clearly have a bias and can't be objective in any analysis of Allen. It's all one sided hate of Allen from you.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

24 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

1213587069165015045?s=20

The throw in the endzone had perfect ball placement, it was put in a spot where only Duke could make a play on the ball and he didn't. That is the reason why Buffalo needs to draft a Lavsika Shenault or  Justin Jefferson or Tee Higgins.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

10 minutes ago, DC2007 said:

Going tonjust dismiss all the "ifs" and completely ignore the fact he joke in the second half?

Bills got completely 1 dimensional in the second half.  Why are we throwing the ball 46 times with Allen in a game where we led almost the entirety of the game.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Laughing Coffin said:

Bills got completely 1 dimensional in the second half.  Why are we throwing the ball 46 times with Allen in a game where we led almost the entirety of the game.  

This is a valid criticism of Daboll.

I don't mind throwing the ball, but why not run it with Singletary and set up some play action deep shots to Brown or Knox?

Daboll effectively took the ball out of the hands of Singletary by not running the ball, and made it easier for Houston to defense Buffalo by making them one dimensional. 

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

12 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Context is always important in stats. Buffalo played some very good defenses in Denver, Dallas, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and New England.

But I don't expect you to look at stats with context. Any time you can criticize Allen you will. You clearly have a bias and can't be objective in any analysis of Allen. It's all one sided hate of Allen from you.

Yes, context matters.

So let's look at what other QB's did against those good defenses.

- Two weeks after we played Baltimore, Baker Mayfield threw 61% (and 2 TD's).

- The week after we played Pittsburgh, Sam Darnold threw 62%. 

- Two weeks after we played Denver, Derek Carr threw 63% (plus nearly 400 yards).

- The week after we played the Patriots, Ryan Fitzpatrick threw 68% (plus 300 yards)

So yeah, there is some context for ya.

15 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

We ran 6 times for 13 yards in the final 3 drives.

Houston started stacking the box and blitzing and the run was no longer working.

On 1/4/2020 at 11:29 PM, LiterateStylish said:

Maybe we just need to accept that this is who he is, and hope that on an individual game basis that his running skills and playmaker nature overcomes his lack of accuracy.

I don’t know.

This was a Texans defense that Drew Lock shredded - 81% for 300+ yards and 3 TD’s.

Hey Lit.  Is bitching all that you do?  Ever offer up a solution?  Hindsight is always 20/20.  You're a broken fucking record.  Boring too.

43 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Yes, context matters.

So let's look at what other QB's did against those good defenses.

- Two weeks after we played Baltimore, Baker Mayfield threw 61% (and 2 TD's).

- The week after we played Pittsburgh, Sam Darnold threw 62%. 

- Two weeks after we played Denver, Derek Carr threw 63% (plus nearly 400 yards).

- The week after we played the Patriots, Ryan Fitzpatrick threw 68% (plus 300 yards)

So yeah, there is some context for ya.

Of course you are going to cherry pick your stats in order move the goal posts to make your argument, that is given.

A lot of good Qb's struggled vs Baltimore's defense:

Jared Goff was 26/37 for 212 yards, 0 TD's and 2 picks vs Baltimore

Sam Darnold was 18/32 for 218 yards, 1 TD and 2 picks vs Baltimore

Baker Mayfield was 20/33 for 192 yards 2 Td's and 1 pick vs Baltimore

Deshaun Watson was 18/29 for 169 yards, 0 Td's and 1 pick vs Baltimore

Russell Wilson was 20/41 for 241 yards, 1 Td and 1 pick vs Baltimore

A lot of good Qb's struggled vs Pittsburgh's defense:

Jared Goff was for 22/41 for 243 yards, 0 Td's and 2 picks vs Pittsbrugh

Sam Darnold was for 16/26 183 yards, 1 TD and 0 picks vs Pittsburgh

Kyler Murray was 20/30 for 194 yards 2 TD's and 3 picks vs Pittsburgh

Jimmy Grappolo was 23/32 for 277 yards 1 TD and 2 picks

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

12 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Hey Lit.  Is bitching all that you do?  Ever offer up a solution?  Hindsight is always 20/20.  You're a broken fucking record.  Boring too.

Lit will never offer a solution.

Lit will never commit to a player Buffalo should add to improve the team.

Lit goes over the top on his criticism of Josh Allen who in 2019 was the 2nd best QB out of the 2018 draft class.

Lets see what Allen can do when Beane gets a WR in the 1st round like Laviska Shenault or Justin Jefferson or Tee Higgins, allowing John Brown to move to the #2 WR spot.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

4 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Of course you are going to cherry pick your stats in order move the goal posts to make your argument, that is given.

A lot of good Qb's struggled vs Baltimore's defense:

Jared Goff was 26/37 for 212 yards, 0 TD's and 2 picks vs Baltimore

Sam Darnold was 18/32 for 218 yards, 1 TD and 2 picks vs Baltimore

Baker Mayfield was 20/33 for 192 yards 2 Td's and 1 pick vs Baltimore

Deshaun Watson was 18/29 for 169 yards, 0 Td's and 1 pick vs Baltimore

Russell Wilson was 20/41 for 241 yards, 1 Td and 1 pick vs Baltimore

A lot of good Qb's struggled vs Pittsburgh's defense:

Jared Goff was for 22/41 for 243 yards, 0 Td's and 2 picks vs Pittsbrugh

Sam Darnold was for 16/26 183 yards, 1 TD and 0 picks vs Pittsburgh

Kyler Murray was 20/30 for 194 yards 2 TD's and 3 picks vs Pittsburgh

Jimmy Grappolo was 23/32 for 277 yards 1 TD and 2 picks

Ok let's take those exact numbers you used and convert those into %'s

Jared Goff - 26/37 = 70%

Sam Darnold - 18/32 = 56%

Baker Mayfield - 20/32 = 61%

Deshaun Watson - 18/29 = 62%

Against Pitt...

Jared Goff - 22/41 = 54% (PS, Goff sucks...)

Sam Darnold - 16/26 = 62%

Kyler Murray - 20/30 = 67%

Jimmy Grappolo - 23/32 = 72%

Lol... so, uhm, yeah - Using the exact QB's you chose, Allen was worse than every single one of them.

4 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Lit will never offer a solution.

Lit will never commit to a player Buffalo should add to improve the team.

Lit goes over the top on his criticism of Josh Allen who in 2019 was the 2nd best QB out of the 2018 draft class.

Lets see what Allen can do when Beane gets a WR in the 1st round like Laviska Shenault or Justin Jefferson or Tee Higgins, allowing John Brown to move to the #2 WR spot.

I like Allen.

But I doubt a WR (even Randy Moss in his prime), will stop him from:

- Fumbling every 5th rushing attempt

- Running backward for 20 yards before taking a sack

- Audibling into dumb plays

etc...

On 1/5/2020 at 12:03 PM, seandelevan said:

Going into that draft I was like: I don’t give a fuck just get me a QB. 

And when we ended up with a DB I was furious. 

Yes I know White is all Pro. Good for him. But for fucks sake! The only way for the Bills to justify the pick is if he starting making pick 6s every fucking week. But he doesn’t. 

He helped hold Watson to a career low first half.

The Mahomes post was a loser post by a full time troll, VWR(different type of shtick than your sad sack one), as most have agreed. Stop this 20 20 hindsight BS.  The next class was supposed to one that could get mentioned in the same breath as the all time best.  I doubted before the draft that HCSM was going to come in with short time and draft a QB without his GM and scouts in place and with the likely epic class there next season.  Repeat after me: it just was not logical(for him to do, or us to expect him to do).  

Now if you wanted to talk about the last draft where the team 1 spot behind us got an extra 2nd round pick PLUS TE Noah Fant, I'd be more willing to listen.  :)

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

Did Josh give up 2 consecutive 2 point conversions too?  Good grief a lot went wrong in this game...perfect storm of sh*t is TPB Jim Lahey(RIP) might have said.

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

No way of knowing for sure, but given this kid's attitude about playing the game of football, you can't help but think that the way we lost this game, it's going to fuel Allen's work ethic this offseason and he's going to come back ready to take the next step forward in the 2020 year.  That's all we can hope for.  Any other discussion about it is honestly pointless.  He's our guy in 2020

I don’t know.

Allen was selected as a developmental QB with huge upside.  Word on him was Boom or Bust.  He clearly is not a bust, so we have to look and see what he needs to improve.  First and foremost he needs a mismatch Target that can catch the ball and be a safety valve.  Maybe Knox will become that guy with more polish.  I think they need a true #1 WR.  Maybe AJ Green can fill that role for a year or two before we develop a WR from the draft.  Second the Offensive line needs some improvement.  Ford was a rookie, he should get better with experience.  Morris did very well at C, and Spain was good at LG.  I think RG with Feliciano was ok, and Long served decent depth.  Would like to see another notch of improvement on the O line, which would help Allen with Time in the pocket.  Was clearly evident that the improvement in Line helped Allen a ton.   Lastly, I think Gore was a good complement to Singletary in the run game.  How I would love to find a guy like Henry in the draft to replace Gore going forward.  I am on the fence with Daboll.  His play calling was great on that first drive against Texans, but the 4th quarter and OT was terrible.   Yet my guy is telling me you stay with him for the sake of consistency of Josh Allen's development.  Maybe after 2020 if he is a cluster...you find a replacement.  Maybe he will go to the Browns, but I am not a big fan of change over consistency.  Maybe with better talent on Offense, Daboll can execute his game plan better.  In someways I think Daboll thought Allen was Tom Brady in OT.  Josh is not there yet, can't put all that on his shoulders.  Kid is still learning and needs players around him to help him.

15 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

I like Allen.

But I doubt a WR (even Randy Moss in his prime), will stop him from:

- Fumbling every 5th rushing attempt

- Running backward for 20 yards before taking a sack

- Audibling into dumb plays

etc...

Allen needs coaching on running with the ball.  

He also needs to recognize when to dump the ball out or just fall down and take a sack.  These are things they learn with experience.  Once they grow a bit they realize they don't have to always play hero ball and make a play.  This is just a young QB trying to make something out of nothing.  There are times you need that....end of game...got no time left etc.  But most of the game, if play is busted you gotta be like Brady and just throw ball away...live to play another play.

Audilbe....that is something they learn with experience.  Allen is still a very young and green QB.  Remember where he came from in college and how many games he has played.  He is not anywhere near as polished coming out of College as most division I QB's.  Subtract two years from Allen's NFL experience to equate to his amount of play time to a QB like Mahomes.  Simply based on number of games he played in college against big time College Defenses.  Give it some time he will continue to get better.

I don’t know.

Who cares what Drew Lock did in a regular season game against them.  The NFL doesn't work that way and you know it.  

But overall, yes, we will have to accept Allen as a 55-60% passer.  The 52% in this game was misleading as he was in some strange spots where he was firing some passes into the end zone that had no real chance...they were basically throw away passes.  He also put at least three great passes right on guys that should/could have been caught: Duke in the end zone, Brown on the sideline, and Duke on the sideline.  Those three throws were outstanding.  

Also, when it comes to his completion percentage, I really think it's more about him continuing to learn where to go with the ball and seeing the field better than it is his physical abilities.  I'm sure he missed on a few throws in this game but I don't recall very many foul balls.