Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

52% ... Should we just accept that this is who Josh is?

7 hours ago, Herodotus said:

I want to see what Allen has when he isn't being sacked 2.5 times a game.  Yeah, last year he was actually sacked fewer times.  We need upgrades on the OL and he needs a big sure handed Metzlaars/McKeller type.  I am mixed on Daboll.  Part of me wants to hang the bastard, but part of me wants to see what he can do with Allen with another season and some upgrades at WR/TE and OL.  I think the league is catching on to some of Allen's tricks, but again I will know pretty much all I need to next year.  If we cannot win with this D and a completed work on offense next year then yeah it may be time to move on from him.  I will bookmark this thread and pay it a visit next December.

A couple of those sacks are Allen’s fault.

Him running backwards for 30 yards before being sacked was inexcusable.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

7 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Technically Beane can wait anther year and activate White's 5th year option. I would rather lock up White to a long term contract ASAP before Jalen Ramesy resets the market for CB's. Sign White to a back loaded, 5 year $75 million dollar contract to reward him for his all pro season.

I can see the argument for not signing a veteran WR in free agency, but I would like to get a veteran WR and draft a WR. We will see what happens in the offseason.

If Beane can't sign Lawson before the start of free agency, he should put the non exclusive franchise tag. That way Buffalo gets 2 1st round picks if Buffao doesn't match anther teams offer.

All-Pro’s don’t take back loaded contracts.

They take front loaded contracts with huge signing bonuses.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

11 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Expand on this more.

In what way?

Because 4 of his last 5 games, he was under 60% passing.

He made throws last night and in other games that he didn’t complete last year. He still can be jittery and make bad decisions in the pocket but it’s clear he is a much improved QB from the eye test. If brown drags his feet on the deep sideline catch or duke hauls in the TD at the pylon, we are having a very different discussion. Just looking at completion % isn’t a always an accurate way to see QB progress

yes it is. He's never going to be a 65% guy, but with his running ability there is enough there to win.  But you have to use it wisely and he has to improve his ball security.   Part of the problem with is completion % is they do a lot of low % type passing.  I think I read somewhere that he lead the league in yardage per attempt.  He doesnt fluff his stats with a bunch of easy screens, partly because he's not very accurate on them.    That being said, our staff does not maximize his strengths.  He is great throwing between the numbers and not so great throwing outside the numbers, yet we continue to throw outside the numbers.  And like they did yesterday, they have to continue to use his legs.  He completed 52% yesterday but accounted for well over 300 yards and if Brown keeps his feet in and Duke makes an easy TD catch we are talking close to 30 points and close to 400 yards of offense. 

He is what he is, a mid to high 50% guy who can make the explosive play and kill you also.  Use his strengths and minimize his weaknesses.   And for the love of Christ get him some receivers that are big enough to compensate for some of his near misses. 

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

Alken was 58.8 this year up from 52.8 last year si he made a big jump. As for Saturday, he started off hit but fell apart in 2nd half which is the opposite of how he has been all year. Seems when game got close, pressure got to him a bit. 

Get to 60% consistantly and we may be ok.

Also, motor was averaging 4.6 a carry so no idea why Bill's seemed to abandon the run, especially in OT and throw 46 times. Motor only got 13 carries.

Just my 2 Cents

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker: Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

''We will always be with you. No one's ever really gone.'' - Luke Skywalker Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

#Cup or Bust 2020 #Bowl or Bust 2020

35 minutes ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

He made throws last night and in other games that he didn’t complete last year. He still can be jittery and make bad decisions in the pocket but it’s clear he is a much improved QB from the eye test. If brown drags his feet on the deep sideline catch or duke hauls in the TD at the pylon, we are having a very different discussion. Just looking at completion % isn’t a always an accurate way to see QB progress

He’s always made great throws.

Thats nothing new.

If you watch tape from 2018, he has games where he looked better than 2019.

Brown wasn’t at fault for the sideline catch - Allen threw that pass late.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

10 minutes ago, daryls61 said:

Alken was 58.8 this year up from 52.8 last year si he made a big jump. As for Saturday, he started off hit but fell apart in 2nd half which is the opposite of how he has been all year. Seems when game got close, pressure got to him a bit. 

Also, motor was averaging 4.6 a carry so no idea why Bill's seemed to abandon the run, especially in OT and throw 46 times. Motor only got 13 carries.

In the last 3 drives we were averaging only 2 yards per carry, so I’m assuming that’s why.

52% to 58% is a big jump until you realize in the second half of the season he went back down to around 55%.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

5 minutes ago, daryls61 said:

He looked like 18 Allen trying to play hero ball and super uncomfortable when the play broke down. However, we simply abandoned giving Singletary carries when he was gashing then earlier. Add that to go with our online protection breaking down horribly. It’s much easier for a d line to tee off and go after a qb when they know the running game is non existent. (See our defense in the 1st half when they quit running and how we did the same thing in the 4th)  Add all of this up and you get last night

1 minute ago, LiterateStylish said:

He’s always made great throws.

Thats nothing new.

If you watch tape from 2018, he has games where he looked better than 2019.

Brown wasn’t at fault for the sideline catch - Allen threw that pass late.

Yes and no

Sure he looked awful against NE and Philly this year compared to Jax and Miami last but that’s not really the point. Overall he was better this year both statistically and eyeball test. Obviously he still has a ways to go and I really don’t think many people are arguing that

The throw to brown may have been late but he jumped to make the catch when he clearly didn’t need to. So many WRs are jumping to make catches that they don’t need to. I’ve seen it from High School all the way to the pros this year. If he catches it chest high, he had plenty of room to drag his feet 

• Like 1

In games 9- 12, Allen had his highest quarterly completion % at 62.6.

Games 1-4 60.31

Games 5-8 61.61

Games 13-16 48.42

It wad the last quarter of the season that his completion % was bad. He was 60% in Jet game but only 5 attempts so not statistically relevant.

Just my 2 Cents

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker: Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

''We will always be with you. No one's ever really gone.'' - Luke Skywalker Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

#Cup or Bust 2020 #Bowl or Bust 2020

1 hour ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

Yes and no

Sure he looked awful against NE and Philly this year compared to Jax and Miami last but that’s not really the point. Overall he was better this year both statistically and eyeball test. Obviously he still has a ways to go and I really don’t think many people are arguing that

The throw to brown may have been late but he jumped to make the catch when he clearly didn’t need to. So many WRs are jumping to make catches that they don’t need to. I’ve seen it from High School all the way to the pros this year. If he catches it chest high, he had plenty of room to drag his feet 

Allen throwing the Brown pass late gave him a razor thin margin of error to get his feet down.

Does an All-Pro WR get his feet down? Probably.

But for most WR’s, the QB throwing that late makes it extremely difficult to have enough room to get their feet down.

BD61C67F-2C85-42C7-BF02-A0968E560CC6.jpeg

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

41 minutes ago, daryls61 said:

In games 9- 12, Allen had his highest quarterly completion % at 62.6.

Games 1-4 60.31

Games 5-8 61.61

Games 13-16 48.42

It wad the last quarter of the season that his completion % was bad. He was 60% in Jet game but only 5 attempts so not statistically relevant.

Eek.

So in his last 5 games, he was under 50%?

Thats as bad as it gets.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Don't forget, the Texans defense is terrible.This loss was a blessing because if we would have went into KC Josh would have been destroyed and we would have lost by double digits. Josh sucks, we could have had MaHomes

7 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Allen throwing the Brown pass late gave him a razor thin margin of error to get his feet down.

But for most WR’s, the QB throwing that late makes it extremely difficult to have enough room to get their feet down.

No it didn’t. Watch the play in it’s entirety and you’ll se before brown jumps he had plenty of toe drag room. He would have had to make the catch chest high or above but room wasn’t an issue until he jumped in the air and had his momentum push him out 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Very Wide Right said:

Don't forget, the Texans defense is terrible.This loss was a blessing because if we would have went into KC Josh would have been destroyed and we would have lost by double digits. Josh sucks, we could have had MaHomes

Loser mentality. I’m sure you and you’re scouting department knew mahomes would be an all pro and do the same things in Buffalo  with the rosters we’ve had the last 3 years. Go be a browns fan or something else that constantly gives you more misery to falsely complain about. Sheesh

2 minutes ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

Loser mentality. I’m sure you and you’re scouting department knew mahomes would be an all pro and do the same things in Buffalo  with the rosters we’ve had the last 3 years. Go be a browns fan or something else that constantly gives you more misery to falsely complain about. Sheesh

Uh the KC scouting dept. knew something and the Browns BEAT the Bills dumbass.

29 minutes ago, Very Wide Right said:

Uh the KC scouting dept. knew something and the Browns BEAT the Bills dumbass.

So glad you can predict the future and are all knowing

Great!! Go cheer for KC!!!!!!!!

47 minutes ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

No it didn’t. Watch the play in it’s entirety and you’ll se before brown jumps he had plenty of toe drag room. He would have had to make the catch chest high or above but room wasn’t an issue until he jumped in the air and had his momentum push him out 

I don’t have the willpower to argue this point.

I’ll just say that I very much disagree with you and Allen’s late throw caused that incompletion.

• Sad 1

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

52 minutes ago, Very Wide Right said:

Ugh, Mahomes.

So frustrating watching him, knowing what could have been.

While we are all waiting on Josh to make strides year after year, Mahomes was slinging 50 TD’s in his second year.

Wilson was winning a SB in his 2nd year.

Roethlisberger was winning a SB in his 2nd year.

Brady was winning a SB in his 2nd year.

And on and on and on.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

13 hours ago, jamsim67 said:

A big problem with this offense is that they don't have an identity.

In my opinion, they need to run the ball to establish the pass and not the other way around.

They don't make any sense in their play calling

Bills don't have identity just like Daboll wants it. Gtfoh Daboll. 

https://buffalonews.com/2020/01/03/buffalo-bills-nfl-houston-texans-cleveland-browns-brian-daboll-interview/

• Thanks 1

jillies1_zps849e2f3f.jpg

1 hour ago, Very Wide Right said:

'We could have had Mahomes.'

Loser post.

• Thanks 1

Going into that draft I was like: I don’t give a fuck just get me a QB. 

And when we ended up with a DB I was furious. 

Yes I know White is all Pro. Good for him. But for fucks sake! The only way for the Bills to justify the pick is if he starting making pick 6s every fucking week. But he doesn’t. 

Orinally Posted by seandelevan

A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio

If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

4 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Expand on this more.

In what way?

Because 4 of his last 5 games, he was under 60% passing.

2018 Josh had a 52.8% completion %

2019 Josh had a 58.8% (difference of 6)

If he improves another 6% that's 64.8%, tied for 14th in the league this season.

3 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Brown is 5'10" with 30.5" arm length. 

A bigger WR with longer arm length makes that catch.

This is why you want a #1 WR like the 6'4" 210 lb Tee Higgins, he can make that catch and the catch that Duke Williams didn't make in the endzone.

Allen put the ball where only his WR can make a play on the ball and the CB couldn't.

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

15 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Brown is 5'10" with 30.5" arm length. 

A bigger WR with longer arm length makes that catch.

This is why you want a #1 WR like the 6'4" 210 lb Tee Higgins, he can make that catch and the catch that Duke Williams didn't make in the endzone.

Allen put the ball where only his WR can make a play on the ball and the CB couldn't.

Yeah.

I said earlier that an elite WR likely makes that catch.

But that’s a very tough catch for an average WR.

If Allen threw that ball a second before he did, Brown likely catches it.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg