Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

52% ... Should we just accept that this is who Josh is?

Josh played in his 29th game today.

He will be a 3 year veteran in just a few short months.

Yet, against a bottom 10 defense, he threw 52%.

Maybe we just need to accept that this is who he is, and hope that on an individual game basis that his running skills and playmaker nature overcomes his lack of accuracy.

I don’t know.

Just feeling so defeated.

This was a Texans defense that Drew Lock shredded - 81% for 300+ yards and 3 TD’s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

7 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Maybe we just need to accept that this is who he is, and hope that on an individual game basis that his running skills and playmaker nature overcomes his lack of accuracy.

I don’t know.

This was a Texans defense that Drew Lock shredded - 81% for 300+ yards and 3 TD’s.

A big problem with this offense is that they don't have an identity.

In my opinion, they need to run the ball to establish the pass and not the other way around.

They don't make any sense in their play calling

• Thanks 1

While you have some points Lit, josh surprised me with numerous CLUTCH 3rd and long throws that were not easy by any stretch.  Also missed a number near the sideline where the WR was close to inbounds.  The Demarco thing, not sure why he is even out there...someone taller quite possibly catches that bomb.

Now Josh has some playoff experience, which should help.  Personell aren't guaranteed to help, but there's a decent possibility they will if Beane puts the cap to use correctly next season and the draft is acceptable.  

I'd say jury's out, but onlike some Bills QBs, Josh seems capable of keeping the Bills on life support and getting them our of the the ICU and with a shot at a win or OT like today against a playoff team.   

As for you feeling defeated, to quote a Michael Jackson hit, "You are not alone".  People tend to feel defeated when there team is defeated.  Especially in the playoffs due to finality.  The epic back and forth roller coaster action seemingly took a physical toll on a number of people in the shoutbox too.

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

I think next year will tell us a lot more. He will have some additional weapons that we’ll add this offseason along with another few months to work on his overall game. If he improves from year 2 to 3 like he did this year from his rookie season, then we’ll know he’s the guy 

If he makes the same step from 2-3 as he did 1-2 he will be one of the better QBs in the league. At least top half.

25 minutes ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

I think next year will tell us a lot more. He will have some additional weapons that we’ll add this offseason along with another few months to work on his overall game. If he improves from year 2 to 3 like he did this year from his rookie season, then we’ll know he’s the guy 

But the offense better have an identity next season.

And in my opinion, it needs to be a running game to set up the pass

24 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

But the offense better have an identity next season.

And in my opinion, it needs to be a running game to set up the pass

I'd love to see HCSM and GMBB shock the world with the draft and ample amount of cap space and get a OT, interior OL, RB(preferably a BRUISER like Henry,...the bellcow SeanDelevan used to talk about when belittling Shady, to be a change of pace from out other guys), & #1 WR.  Grabbing all of that, our TEs might be good enough as they currently are.

Oh yeah.... we get my boy the stunner, Christian Wade into action! He was the #1 most intriguing offseason guy to me last season(before his highlights), and Duke was my #2.  Excited to see them both put to use next season.  Seeing Duke SO demonstrative during the Jets game made me feel for the guy, like I dude finally getting out of prison or something.

Sure I'd like a DE, and CB, probably a LB too....but man how nice would it have been to have a bruiser lke Henry for when we're back inside the 10 and want to give Josh some space before risking anything?  Or wanting to burn some clock(though most on here, you included, seem to hate the thought lol...Titans didnt mind with their "larger" 1 point lead against the might Pats.  :) ).  Go McDermott, go Beane, Go Terry/Kim/hot daughters(son too I guess lol), go BIlls!!!

• Thanks 1

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

I don’t know.

The play calling from the OC Daboll is terrible. Other than the opening drive the play calling was conservative and predictable.

The OL didn't have a great game, and Cody Ford was exposed playing out of position at RT against an elite pass rusher in Watt.

Allen wasn't sitting in clean pockets all day long and missing wide open passes.

Duke Williams is not a starting WR and is at best a #4 WR. 

Beane badly needs to get a #1 WR to help the offensive production and draft a RB in the mid rounds to replace Gore who is done.

The offense lead by Allen was more productive in the playoffs on the 1st drive of the game than the offense lead by Tyrod Taylor was the entire game.

Allen is a young QB, and will have some growing pains but he showed a lot this game. Allen will only get better.

• Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I think you’ll see more of an identity and expansive playbook with more weapons on the outside and perhaps an upgrade at OL and RB to compliment Singletary. We could be a Tee Higgins or Jefferson away from being very difficult to stop 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

I think you’ll see more of an identity and expansive playbook with more weapons on the outside and perhaps an upgrade at OL and RB to compliment Singletary. We could be a Tee Higgins or Jefferson away from being very difficult to stop 

If Higgins or Jefferson is on the board when Buffalo picks they should run to the podium to make the pick. Either WR would be a huge upgrade at WR.

Having your top 3 WR as Higgins/Jefferson, Brown and Beasley will increase the production of the offense.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

1 minute ago, junglesouljah said:

If Higgins or Jefferson is on the board when Buffalo picks they should run to the podium to make the pick. Either WR would be a huge upgrade at WR.

Having your top 3 WR as Higgins/Jefferson, Brown and Beasley will increase the production of the offense.

Exactly and who knows where they’ll spend the cap money on this offseason. Beane knows this team is close to contending for the AFC along with the pats run is nearing its conclusion 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

Exactly and who knows where they’ll spend the cap money on this offseason. Beane knows this team is close to contending for the AFC along with the pats run is nearing its conclusion 

Now is the time to make the move to take over the AFC East. We have seen Brady throw pick 6's in back to back games, I can't remember the last time I have seen that.

Beane has something in the area of $89,000,000 is salary cap space to work with. Even after spending money to re up Lawson and Phillips, Buffalo will have money to sign an AJ Green in free agency and extend the contract of White, Dawkins, Milano.

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I want to see what Allen has when he isn't being sacked 2.5 times a game.  Yeah, last year he was actually sacked fewer times.  We need upgrades on the OL and he needs a big sure handed Metzlaars/McKeller type.  I am mixed on Daboll.  Part of me wants to hang the bastard, but part of me wants to see what he can do with Allen with another season and some upgrades at WR/TE and OL.  I think the league is catching on to some of Allen's tricks, but again I will know pretty much all I need to next year.  If we cannot win with this D and a completed work on offense next year then yeah it may be time to move on from him.  I will bookmark this thread and pay it a visit next December.

3 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Now is the time to make the move to take over the AFC East. We have seen Brady throw pick 6's in back to back games, I can't remember the last time I have seen that.

Beane has something in the area of $89,000,000 is salary cap space to work with. Even after spending money to re up Lawson and Phillips, Buffalo will have money to sign an AJ Green in free agency and extend the contract of White, Dawkins, Milano.

I think Beane will try hard to lock Tre down now rather than wait. I think Lawson will be a priority unless he gets a ridiculous offer somewhere else. Phillips may be the guy on the outside unless he takes a big hometown discount

This year’s draft is loaded at WR so not sure that’s where they’ll spend their FA money. Would’ve been great to have seen this offense with a normal, function Antonio Brown like we all thought we were going to get last March

5 minutes ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

I think Beane will try hard to lock Tre down now rather than wait. I think Lawson will be a priority unless he gets a ridiculous offer somewhere else. Phillips may be the guy on the outside unless he takes a big hometown discount

This year’s draft is loaded at WR so not sure that’s where they’ll spend their FA money. Would’ve been great to have seen this offense with a normal, function Antonio Brown like we all thought we were going to get last March

Technically Beane can wait anther year and activate White's 5th year option. I would rather lock up White to a long term contract ASAP before Jalen Ramesy resets the market for CB's. Sign White to a back loaded, 5 year $75 million dollar contract to reward him for his all pro season.

I can see the argument for not signing a veteran WR in free agency, but I would like to get a veteran WR and draft a WR. We will see what happens in the offseason.

If Beane can't sign Lawson before the start of free agency, he should put the non exclusive franchise tag. That way Buffalo gets 2 1st round picks if Buffao doesn't match anther teams offer.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

The Tennessee Titans won a playoff game with Ryan Tannehill throwing for 72 yards.

Are Tennessee fans complaining about the stats of Tannehill?

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Yes, this whole year was a display of what you can expect from Josh going forward. Hot and cold. Some weeks good, some weeks bad. Enough good weeks so you can’t replace him, enough bad so you’ll never go anywhere.

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

5 hours ago, StraightJ said:

I'd love to see HCSM and GMBB shock the world with the draft and ample amount of cap space and get a OT, interior OL, RB(preferably a BRUISER like Henry,...the bellcow SeanDelevan used to talk about when belittling Shady, to be a change of pace from out other guys), & #1 WR.  Grabbing all of that, our TEs might be good enough as they currently are.

Oh yeah.... we get my boy the stunner, Christian Wade into action! He was the #1 most intriguing offseason guy to me last season(before his highlights), and Duke was my #2.  Excited to see them both put to use next season.  Seeing Duke SO demonstrative during the Jets game made me feel for the guy, like I dude finally getting out of prison or something.

Sure I'd like a DE, and CB, probably a LB too....but man how nice would it have been to have a bruiser lke Henry for when we're back inside the 10 and want to give Josh some space before risking anything?  Or wanting to burn some clock(though most on here, you included, seem to hate the thought lol...Titans didnt mind with their "larger" 1 point lead against the might Pats.  :) ).  Go McDermott, go Beane, Go Terry/Kim/hot daughters(son too I guess lol), go BIlls!!!

You want to see the offense putting points on the board, so that late in the game, blatant screw ups by the referees won't matter as much.

Let's go Beane, get it done.

6 hours ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

Those additional weapons will not be there. 

McDermott is probably saying to himself “19 points can win most games” 

he is probably upset at the defense and thus will be using a lot of capital and picks for defense. 

Orinally Posted by seandelevan

A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio

If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

2 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

The Tennessee Titans won a playoff game with Ryan Tannehill throwing for 72 yards.

Are Tennessee fans complaining about the stats of Tannehill?

This is the type of game that justifies McDermotts defensive agenda. 

A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

5 hours ago, StraightJ said:

I agree with almost everything you said. My priorities are WR and OTs. And Beane needs to find a “down hill RB” to supplement Motor. I expect Duke to be more in the mix next year. And I forgot about Wade. Have him battling Yeldan for the 3rd spot. As far as defense, I would sacrifice flash for the ability to tackle. 

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

42 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Good lessons like this should never be forgotten and its good that Allen internalized it and didn't start spreading manure...

8 hours ago, theAteam said:

If he makes the same step from 2-3 as he did 1-2 he will be one of the better QBs in the league. At least top half.

Expand on this more.

In what way?

Because 4 of his last 5 games, he was under 60% passing.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

7 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

The play calling from the OC Daboll is terrible. Other than the opening drive the play calling was conservative and predictable.

The OL didn't have a great game, and Cody Ford was exposed playing out of position at RT against an elite pass rusher in Watt.

Allen wasn't sitting in clean pockets all day long and missing wide open passes.

Duke Williams is not a starting WR and is at best a #4 WR. 

Beane badly needs to get a #1 WR to help the offensive production and draft a RB in the mid rounds to replace Gore who is done.

The offense lead by Allen was more productive in the playoffs on the 1st drive of the game than the offense lead by Tyrod Taylor was the entire game.

Allen is a young QB, and will have some growing pains but he showed a lot this game. Allen will only get better.

I disagree with several things you said.

I think Daboll called a good game yesterday. But Josh missed on some passes. WR’s dropped some passes. And blocking assignments were missed.

Execution is not Daboll’s fault in the game.

Daboll called plays that got players open and the players did not execute.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg