Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

McD needs to be held accountable for not starting Duke all year

He has a random drop here and there, like any receiver, but he is a beast and makes contested catches over and over and over again.

Strong hand catches that NO other wide receiver on this team can make.

Why he hasn’t been starting all year is beyond me.

• Thanks 1

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Just think. If he had started for at least the last half the season.....he would have been more in game shape and most likely would have caught that touchdown pass in the end zone. I think it's disgraceful that the coaches had both Robert Foster and Isiah Mackenzie on the field instead of Duke. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jillies1_zps849e2f3f.jpg

18 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

He has a random drop here and there, like any receiver, but he is a beast and makes contested catches over and over and over again.

Said it since training camp.

Putting Williams on the practice squad was beyond rediculus.

He's the type of receiver that can make things a lot easier for your QB.

He should have been on the field from the start developing a relationship with Allen.

But the Smurfs can get that useless separation (catch phrase). 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

Said it since training camp.

Putting Williams on the practice squad was beyond rediculus.

He's the type of receiver that can make things a lot easier for your QB.

He should have been on the field from the start developing a relationship with Allen.

But the Smurfs can get that useless separation (catch phrase). 

The crazy part was that they activated him, he caught a TD, and then they made him inactive for the next 6+ week again.

Made no sense.

• Thanks 1

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Just now, LiterateStylish said:

The crazy part was that they activated him, he caught a TD, and then they made him inactive for the next 6+ week again.

Made no sense.

He was definitely the player they needed in the huddle all year.

It's not like he didn't earn his way on the field.

Once they started using him in camp, thought it was a no brainer.

Even stranger, has a good game the last game of the season with backups and McD finally takes notice?

Where ya been coach?

Duke doesn’t play defense therefor McDefense couldn’t give two shits. 

Daboll: Coach we should activate Duke this week.

McD: who? 

Daboll: the big tall dude who plays WR

McD: huh? Oh? Can he play DE? 

Daboll: umm wha? No...but we

McD: leave me alone. I’m scouting DE prospects for next year. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Orinally Posted by seandelevan

A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio

If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

Him Brown and Beasley will be great for us next season. We are certainly building the team the right way. Now they have a tough playoff loss to learn from, and another offseason to get us in the elite category. 

• Thanks 1

billieve.jpg

20 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Duke Williams is at best a #4 WR, he is not a starting calibre WR in the NFL. With all due respect to Duke Williams, you are in big trouble on offense if he is your starting WR.

Duke Williams is a possession WR with TE speed, he ran a 4.72 40 yard dash, he does not consistently get separation from coverage.

The biggest need in the offseason is getting a #1 WR, Duke Williams is not a #1 WR.

I would have no problem signing AJ Green and drafting a WR in the 1st round.

• Barf 1

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

8 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Duke Williams is at best a #4 WR, he is not a starting calibre WR in the NFL. With all due respect to Duke Williams, you are in big trouble on offense if he is your starting WR.

Duke Williams is a possession WR with TE speed, he ran a 4.72 40 yard dash, he does not consistently get separation from coverage.

The biggest need in the offseason is getting a #1 WR, Duke Williams is not a #1 WR.

Thanks, Wikipedia.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

1 hour ago, junglesouljah said:

Guess who else had 4.7 speed? Jerry Rice. Could he catch and get separation?

• Thanks 2

jillies1_zps849e2f3f.jpg

I would think offensive personnel decisions fall to the OC with Mcd signing off on it...that being said Duke shouldve been playing week1 on, no excuses, yall fucked up on that one...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, junglesouljah said:

Nobody on this site has said that Duke Williams is a #1 receiver.

I have no idea why you keep throwing around his speed, as if that has anything to do with his game.

Duke Williams is a big receiver, with great hands, who gets open, can make big plays and can block ...

Lots of great receivers in the NFL (past and present), with combine time above 4.70 in the 40.

He should have been on the field since day one.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BertSquirtgum said:

Anquan Boldin ...he also had a pretty good career

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Down and Out said:

I would think offensive personnel decisions fall to the OC with Mcd signing off on it...that being said Duke shouldve been playing week1 on, no excuses, yall fucked up on that one...

I don't know how they finally come to that conclusion after game 16.

I believe that if Duke had been a part of this offense from day one, he would have eventually become a big part off it.

I just can’t wait until the Rugby player gets on the field next year. Assuming he’s learned the game on the PS this year, I’m all in for giving him a shot

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, foster said:

I just can’t wait until the Rugby player gets on the field next year. Assuming he’s learned the game on the PS this year, I’m all in for giving him a shot

12 kickoff returns for td's :classic_biggrin:

4 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Made no sense.

I thought he had banged up his shoulder...but even if he did, one or two games at the most...

Imagine if he could have built more chemistry with Josh...

oh well..

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Bleedzbillz said:

I thought he had banged up his shoulder...but even if he did, one or two games at the most...

oh well..

I can't believe he wasn't allowed to do just that.

Everything this offense did seemed to be archaic.

They had some success, but most of the time it was like running your offense in quicksand

13 hours ago, BertSquirtgum said:

Jerry Rice is 1000 times better than Duke Williams. Jerry Rice was one of the best route runners ever. Duke Williams is no where near as good a route runner than Jerry Rice.

BTW Jerry Rice ran something in the area of a 4.6 40 yard dash. It's misinfermation that he ran a 4.7.

After a record-setting career at MississippiValleyState, Jerry Rice did what every draft prospect has done for eons: He worked out for NFL scouts on campus and at the scouting combine, a one-stop-shopping event in February that’s used to evaluate the top prospects.

“We timed Jerry in the 40 nine times,” said former Dallas Cowboys general manager Gil Brandt, “and he never got under 4.55.”

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2014/05/05/nfl-draft-the-40-yard-dash-whos-responsible-for-it-does-it-really-matter-to-nfl-teams-and-why-is-it-40-yards/

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

12 hours ago, Bleedzbillz said:

oh well..

Duke Williams has some value as a role player. He is a good not great possession WR with slower than average speed.

Duke Williams is under contract for anther year and I want him to compete for the #4 or #5 WR spot. By no means is he anywhere as good as some people think he is.

Buffalo must sign a WR in free agency and draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round. 

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

13 hours ago, foster said:

Christian Wade should be brought back and I want to see him compete for the #3 RB spot.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

13 hours ago, jamsim67 said:

Anquan Boldin ...he also had a pretty good career

Anquan Boldin was more talented than Duke Williams. Anquan Boldin was a better route runner and had better hands than Duke Williams.

With all due respect you are way too high on Duke and he not as good as you think he is.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

3 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Anquan Boldin was more talented than Duke Williams. Anquan Boldin was a better route runner and had better hands than Duke Williams.

With all due respect you are way too high on Duke and he not as good as you think he is.

Strange how whenever Duke was given a chance, all he did was catch the ball. Bad route runners don't put themselves in a position to do that.

Plus, he can also block, which is becoming a lost art. Should have been on special teams because of that alone.

He was the only receiver over over 6 feet. One smurf is fine, not both.

Anquan Boldin was given the time to form a relationship with his QB, would have been nice if Duke had been given the same opportunity.

Concerning Duke, mistakes were made ...

Would he have been a 1,000 yard receiver? I don't know, we never will.

Sure would have made a great story though

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

Strange how whenever Duke was given a chance, all he did was catch the ball. Bad route runners don't put themselves in a position to do that.

Plus, he can also block, which is becoming a lost art. Should have been on special teams because of that alone.

He was the only receiver over over 6 feet. One smurf is fine, not both.

Anquan Boldin was given the time to form a relationship with his QB, would have been nice if Duke had been given the same opportunity.

Concerning Duke, mistakes were made ...

Would he have been a 1,000 yard receiver? I don't know, we never will.

Sure would have made a great story though

Duke Williams was targeted 10 times in the playoff game and had 4 catches for 49 yards and  0 TD's. Duke Williams dropped a throw in the endzone that was placed where only the WR's could catch it.

Duke Williams is not Anquan Boldin, Duke Williams is not Jerry Rice. Duke Williams is a big 6'2" 225 lbs possession WR with 4.72 40 speed. He should compete for the #4 or #5 WR spots with Robert Foster and Isaiah McKenzie and Andre Roberts.

Beane absolutely needs to sign a WR in free agency, he can spend big for an Amari Cooper or spent a medium amount for Breshard Perriman or Robby Anderson or grab a bargin WR with upside. And Beane must draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round.

Buffalo has no 1st round picks on offense other than Josh Allen.

I would be smart to invest a 1st round pick on a # 1 WR to give your young QB a weapon to help him develop. 

• Disagree 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg