To the powers that be (and it seems no one knows who the fuck they are these days), let this one live in the hardcore forum. I implore you. I think this might actually make for a productive discussion.

So i couldn't help but read the shout-box convo with Meat, Wagon and Victor, etc... Regarding the long-term effects booze has on ones body.

Seems like you guys have all ramped things down in your old age despite some heavy boozing pasts. Let me be clear... I'm just trying to figure out what you all seem to have figured out at (roughly) the same time in your lives as i currently find myself. I drink too much. Period! And i know it damn well. Simultaneously, i just adore drinking... What a weird place to be in life....

Yeah, i drink a LOT. Probably a lot like you all did in your day. Wagon, you're dead on about water. I go a bottle of water for every drink (typically a VERY strong double vodka and xxx). It really does work miracles, but the crazy thing about alcohol is you wake up one day and realize you've achieved that stupid goal you once thought was worth achieving and it's not that great afterall....

I use to work for Brooks BBQ in Oneonta NY when i was in high school. It was all good old country boys and booze. And "other stuff" as well (use your imagination).

I remember, at the time, i would be riding high on a six pack of pete's wicked ale (haven't seen that brand in 10 years). And by riding high, i mean i was DRUNK! I remember some of the older dudes that worked there would brag about drinking a case a night and i would think they're full of it. No one can drink 24 beers... That's just BS bravado.

Enter college. Add a few years after the fact. Before long, i drank my first 30 rack (granted it was coors light). It felt like an accomplishment.

Before you know it, beer just doesn't cut it. As Willy Wonka said, "candy is dandy but liquor is quicker". And you know how that story goes.

I don't keep tabs anymore, but i know for sure that i drink WAY TOO MUCH! It is super cool when you are the iron liver of the crowd in college. Maybe even a few years after the fact. But when you're in your mid 30s and have four kids, it just becomes an embarrassment. Ironically, my liver is just fine. But i get that dehydrated kidney pain some mornings. And i've (somehow) learned to live in a perpetual state of being hung over. Lots of stuff makes perfect sense like drinking TONS of water as Wagon suggested.

I guess my question is how did you guys do it? At what age did you manage to calm down?

Its weird. I don't have a "problem" with work or family or any of that, but i know this shit is killing my internal organs at an outrageous rate.

So yeah... i'm not like calling out for help or anything. But i'm curious to know more from the many people in this world who know they drink too much, love it and somehow manage to cut back. Did you guys have the dreaded family history as i do? Did you get to a point where the first thing you wanted after a long days work was a drink? ANd if so, how did you beat it?

i'm not really one for group help. I'm probably just too stubborn, but the truth is im just too damn busy. I see all these links on cnn.com about pot v. alcohol. As a fan of both, i gotta say, if weed was legal and alcohol was illegal, i feel like the world would be better off. Maybe i'm wrong, but that's my take on it.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

I toned down mainly because the hangovers got worse and recovery took too damn long. I would get shitfaced only to feel like death warmed over for days. Not worth it imho.

My Retired AAB is Kyle Williams...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

U.S.Navy, Retired 1986-2015

I toned down mainly because the hangovers got worse and recovery took too damn long. I would get shitfaced only to feel like death warmed over for days. Not worth it imho.

totally agree. I'm at that point. Its tough to reconcile with that whole, damn i need a drink after 8 hours at work thing. It's definitely the first thing i think about when i get home. Maybe that's the difference between people with a problem, and normal folks. But i don't think so... I think a LOT of people are in the midst of this journey. Always good to solicit personal life experience. Particularly when you've come to the conclusion that this poison needs to go.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

18_allen.jpg

To the powers that be (and it seems no one knows who the fuck they are these days), let this one live in the hardcore forum. I implore you. I think this might actually make for a productive discussion.

So i couldn't help but read the shout-box convo with Meat, Wagon and Victor, etc... Regarding the long-term effects booze has on ones body.

Seems like you guys have all ramped things down in your old age despite some heavy boozing pasts. Let me be clear... I'm just trying to figure out what you all seem to have figured out at (roughly) the same time in your lives as i currently find myself. I drink too much. Period! And i know it damn well. Simultaneously, i just adore drinking... What a weird place to be in life....

Yeah, i drink a LOT. Probably a lot like you all did in your day. Wagon, you're dead on about water. I go a bottle of water for every drink (typically a VERY strong double vodka and xxx). It really does work miracles, but the crazy thing about alcohol is you wake up one day and realize you've achieved that stupid goal you once thought was worth achieving and it's not that great afterall....

I use to work for Brooks BBQ in Oneonta NY when i was in high school. It was all good old country boys and booze. And "other stuff" as well (use your imagination).

I remember, at the time, i would be riding high on a six pack of pete's wicked ale (haven't seen that brand in 10 years). And by riding high, i mean i was DRUNK! I remember some of the older dudes that worked there would brag about drinking a case a night and i would think they're full of it. No one can drink 24 beers... That's just BS bravado.

Enter college. Add a few years after the fact. Before long, i drank my first 30 rack (granted it was coors light). It felt like an accomplishment.

Before you know it, beer just doesn't cut it. As Willy Wonka said, "candy is dandy but liquor is quicker". And you know how that story goes.

I don't keep tabs anymore, but i know for sure that i drink WAY TOO MUCH! It is super cool when you are the iron liver of the crowd in college. Maybe even a few years after the fact. But when you're in your mid 30s and have four kids, it just becomes an embarrassment. Ironically, my liver is just fine. But i get that dehydrated kidney pain some mornings. And i've (somehow) learned to live in a perpetual state of being hung over. Lots of stuff makes perfect sense like drinking TONS of water as Wagon suggested.

I guess my question is how did you guys do it? At what age did you manage to calm down?

Its weird. I don't have a "problem" with work or family or any of that, but i know this shit is killing my internal organs at an outrageous rate.

So yeah... i'm not like calling out for help or anything. But i'm curious to know more from the many people in this world who know they drink too much, love it and somehow manage to cut back. Did you guys have the dreaded family history as i do? Did you get to a point where the first thing you wanted after a long days work was a drink? ANd if so, how did you beat it?

i'm not really one for group help. I'm probably just too stubborn, but the truth is im just too damn busy. I see all these links on cnn.com about pot v. alcohol. As a fan of both, i gotta say, if weed was legal and alcohol was illegal, i feel like the world would be better off. Maybe i'm wrong, but that's my take on it.

Sh*t, I thought I had gotten bad, but you've made me feel a little less hard on myself, brother. I tend to go through cycles of abstinence and then back into habitual drinking. It doesn't register on your seismograph, but it still concerns me. I really dont get hangovers often, but I have similar worries as you as to how it may be effecting my body. Can I ask, is it an every day(night) thing? I know that feeling of being done from work or any activity and feeling l could sure go for a cold one now. Heck, sometimes hearing about it in the sh*tbox makes me want to join in, so there's the social aspect too. I'm not sure I have many answers for you, being I'm at a point of wondering if I should really cut back, even though my relative intake sounds different. I still understand that feeling of not being able to feel drunk quick enough. Then again, if I'm in public Ive often found out I was more intoxicated than I had been aware.

I cant speak for Lit or Tim or Victor or whomever else I'm forgetting, but I not only support leaving this here, I wish that people posted other matters of importance when they feel like it. I may post 4 Bills articles one day, and a few days later theyre on the 2nd page without a reply. Assuredly, this type of discussion is meaningful, and could have a positive effect on more than one person's life potentially.

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

Sh*t, I thought I had gotten bad, but you've made me feel a little less hard on myself, brother. I tend to go through cycles of abstinence and then back into habitual drinking. It doesn't register on your seismograph, but it still concerns me. I really dont get hangovers often, but I have similar worries as you as to how it may be effecting my body. Can I ask, is it an every day(night) thing? I know that feeling of being done from work or any activity and feeling l could sure go for a cold one now. Heck, sometimes hearing about it in the sh*tbox makes me want to join in, so there's the social aspect too. I'm not sure I have many answers for you, being I'm at a point of wondering if I should really cut back, even though my relative intake sounds different. I still understand that feeling of not being able to feel drunk quick enough. Then again, if I'm in public Ive often found out I was more intoxicated than I had been aware.

I cant speak for Lit or Tim or Victor or whomever else I'm forgetting, but I not only support leaving this here, I wish that people posted other matters of importance when they feel like it. I may post 4 Bills articles one day, and a few days later theyre on the 2nd page without a reply. Assuredly, this type of discussion is meaningful, and could have a positive effect on more than one person's life potentially.

It's just weird. You get to a certain age and realize this shit is doing damage to your body. And you know it. But you still really enjoy it. Ultimately I think you either make changes or die.

It's crazy but something I can buy at The grocery store is capable of killing me.

18_allen.jpg

It's just weird. You get to a certain age and realize this shit is doing damage to your body. And you know it. But you still really enjoy it. Ultimately I think you either make changes or die.

It's crazy but something I can buy at The grocery store is capable of killing me.

I don't intend to go off on a tangent, but that sentence is filled with irony, my friend. It's sad, but a lot of items in the grocery store have known neurotoxins like monosodium glutamate, that overexcites your brain cells to the point of killing them. The big food manufacturers are not much different from big tobacco, and there are maybe 30 names MSG can be disguised as. Ive seen some folks say they dont eat anything with a label on it. That's all well, but then you have:

Growth modified organisms(GMO). Most corn and soy products use GMO. When you're drinking a Pepsi or whatever, that high fructose corn syrup most likely came from a GMO. Not all GMOs are necessarily bad, but I remember a couple of years ago seeing scientists had crossed a tomato with a fish. "The Future of Food" is one of the better documentaries I've watched. It covers things like Monsanto and their buying up of seed patents(yes, the courts ruled seeds could be patented). When it shows what goes into GMOs in this documentary, it makes an impact. I couldnt find a full version online, but even this into is enough to give you a feel. GMOs can give you diseases, and you cant get a buzz from them like beer.

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

I try to live by the following standards:

- treat others as you want them to treat you

- don't do things for the sole reason of being accepted (or adored)

- have a 50 year plan for your health, have a one day plan for the rest of your life (i.e. enjoy the day)

- change things that you can affect. Don't worry about things that you cannot affect. And learn which things fall in which category.

the booze part clearly falls in the second row. For some reason I never felt to have to do things to be accepted by others or be the one that is adored because he has a iron liver. It just came naturally for me, I did not need a lot of self control to accomplish that. I guess I am lucky that I can only partially be seduced by such things. Although of course the opinion of other is important for me and I am not a autonomous person.

Eating a lot of sweets is my vice by the way ;)

I dont know why I wrote that. Does not fit the topic exactly. But I wonder why so many guys do things that are bad for them only to be 'cool'. So many guys have a 50 year plan for financials and also for career and a 1 day plan for health. Thats just strange for me. Probably I am peculiar guy.

And yes, I know, sweets is also not healthy. But I never said I am perfect. The important thing is that I wrote that I TRY to live by those standards ;)

Proud adopter of #54 AJ Klein and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Ninety-five Percents

I know I am older than most of you on this forum. I was 7 when the Bills started. I too enjoy drinking, but over the years I have tried to learn how to drink under control. Sometimes it doesn't work, but I still keep trying. I've found that when I slow down I can enjoy myself and not get shitfaced. Most times I set a limit and when I get there I stop. There is an old saying, "All things in moderation". It's worth trying to live by that. May not always work, but at least its worth a try.

In light of this thread's timing, JimKelly12203, you and others may find it ironic that buffalobills.com just posted this photo and a list of activities at the event this morning. To add to the irony, it's to support a blood and organ center, by getting people hammered with the substance we were discussing may hurt organs. Even the title has more irony here than the intended double entendre. Whenever I paid for all you can drink(or eat), I generally made sure I got more than my money's worth.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2015/04/21/unyts-bucket-list-bash/

blb2015flyer_web.jpg?w=586&h=453

+1

This is what happened to me as well. I was a pretty decent drinker albeit not a world champ drunk when I was younger. As I got older (I'm 34) opportunities to go out drinking lowered and then I had my first kid so they got even lower. Now when I do drink I still can drink for hours and pound lots of them without really getting seriously drunk. But the morning after man ...

Jeez.

I can't remember the last time I got a one day hangover. And I don't even need to get that drunk. Its a minimum of 2 days now. Just awful.

Now I only drink heavy on really special occasions. You know. Weddings, real good friends bdays and bachelor parties.

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Just realized I didnt need to live life with a "buzz" going all the time. Also noticed that I actually enjoyed some of the more expensive beers and bourbons and scotches..they actually TASTE good. I dont even give a slight shit anymore about getting a buzz going. I dont drink at all during the week anymore and only have 1 or 2 beers Sat and Sun or maybe a beer and a bourbon/scotch Sunday night while watching Game of Thrones or Walking Dead or something.

I dont drink swill anymore I do craft beers at $8+ a six pack and bourbon and scotch thats normally in the $50-60 a bottle range..thus I cant afford to drink a lot of it..

You just g e t to the point your life is more than just a booze induced buzz and you stop acting like a kid and grow cup..unless you actually have a problem and are a drunk in that case you need help...i have 2 close friends that were drunks and needed help neither drink at all anymore.. as for me I just quit drinking swill and just enjoy a beer orr 2 on my days off

Adopt a Bill

11594018.jpg

I only use alcohol to enhance the other hard drugs I like. I don't need nearly as much smack if I have some vodka too.

as reported by Fang McFrost, NFL Insider

Lady on these streets, Freak in the sheets.

Agreed. I used to be able to drink a case of beer and run six miles at the crack of dawn. Once I got into my late 20's that was no longer possible. The hangovers got worse every year. I still drank my ass off into my 30's but I sure as hell wasn't running.

It took going to Afghanistan for get me off the booze. 15 months without alcohol made me realize how nice it feels to be "clean". When I got back I drank my balls off but it wasn't the same and it got old.

Anymore when I drink I just get two or three big bottles of good Belgium beer and call it good. If I'm gonna get a hangover I make sure it's worth it. :niterider

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

meh its a dice roll. theres always ppl that drink and smoke till theyre ninety. others are health food and exercise nuts and die early. you reduce your odds for a favorable outcome by drinking a lot, among many other choices. id probably be better off if i had cut down earlier is all im saying

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

meh its a dice roll. theres always ppl that drink and smoke till theyre ninety. others are health food and exercise nuts and die early. you reduce your odds for a favorable outcome by drinking a lot, among many other choices. id probably be better off if i had cut down earlier is all im saying

Meat, you just need to check the expiration date on your package.

I never really liked the feeling of being completely plowed, so I've never really had trouble keeping from getting the massive hangovers. I do, however, really love microbrews and 1-2 of those 4-5 days a week really hit the waistline.

xfnjfd.jpg

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be Bills fans

Gout! Damn that shit hurts. I had an attack that started early February and I seem to be just about over it now after being pretty strict about alcohol and and meat consumption over the past couple months. I'm calling it a blessing in disguise though. I went to a nutritionist, lost some weight and am feeling healthier.

When I had my son my social life changed, or maybe you can say practically disappeared. Very rarely do I go out to bars now and if I do I am deathly afraid of being pulled over so I'll stop after 3 or 4, and let me tell you I don't miss the hang overs. At my age, with my responsibilities at work and home it just isn't worth it.

While my alcohol intake has decreased I haven't stopped smoking weed. I feel that pot has helped me to not miss the alcohol. It still feels weird to just come out and say this, with the voice of Nancy Regan in my head telling me to "just say no" and all the years of society pounding it into us that you are a bad person if you smoke marijuana but I enjoy it, I do it safely and no hang overs. Times are changing and I look forward to the day when it is fully legalized.

When I had my son my social life changed, or maybe you can say practically disappeared. Very rarely do I go out to bars now and if I do I am deathly afraid of being pulled over so I'll stop after 3 or 4, and let me tell you I don't miss the hang overs. At my age, with my responsibilities at work and home it just isn't worth it.

While my alcohol intake has decreased I haven't stopped smoking weed. I feel that pot has helped me to not miss the alcohol. It still feels weird to just come out and say this, with the voice of Nancy Regan in my head telling me to "just say no" and all the years of society pounding it into us that you are a bad person if you smoke marijuana but I enjoy it, I do it safely and no hang overs. Times are changing and I look forward to the day when it is fully legalized.

Yeah I had the misfortune of leaving Colorado right as it was legalizing.

xfnjfd.jpg

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be Bills fans

I'll be 60 this year. I only drink Mich Ultra (p water) and I limit myself because I just don't drink to get drunk. Too many intangibles to worry about.

Liver damage/diabetes/blood pressure and also DUI's plus I'm an a hole if I drink too many.

But I did run hard for a long time and don't regret it as much as suffer from it.

I am adopting Ronald Darby as my adopt-a-Bill.;)

I turn 45 tomorrow and now after I tie a good one on its takes 2.5 days basically before I feel back to normal.

Happy Birthday Chicago. I hear you about the 2.5 days. I find myself drinking too much on the weekends. Every now and then the crappy Monday Hangover enduces more indulgence when I get back from work. Just hit 40 myself and haven't found that good balance yet. I definately agree with drinking higher quality booze. I have stayed away from Liquor more recently and have started taking up wine. I don't know how people do it. I can drink two bottles of wine and it doesn't affect me like 8 strong beers will.