Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

Jan 1st 2020 - First Mock Bills Draft Board of the Year

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Mainejays said:

Brecton looks like a brick shit house. That is one f*cking large man. Imagine him and Ford next to one another. Josh can drop back, down a beer, blow a kiss to his girlfriend, give the opposing coach the two finger salute, and then throw the ball.

He does look like a beast.  If the draft was today, and I was thrown in the draft room and told to make a pick, quick, I think I would draft Mekhi Becton.  

I do want to drill down on his college career more over the next couple of months though.   And it is hard to tell when teams will try to draft him.   Cody Ford went 38th overall to the Bills.  Becton should/could go a bit higher.   So do we take him at 22nd?    Trade back a few spots (but risk missing out)?   

Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State went 23rd overall last year and scoutniks thought he would go top of the 2nd.


Upgrade the OLine.   Under the radar: RB Javon Leake, Maryland   DL Ross Blacklock, TCU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

I wonder if any worthy WRs will be offered as trade bait by another team?   Can we get a DeVante Parker?  

On the otherhand, recent 2nd round WRs draft picks have done very well, so maybe we get a good one in the 2nd round.

I think all these guys had 1000+ yards this past year.  

Michael Brown, 2nd round
AJ Brown, 2nd round
DK Metcalf, 2nd round
DJ Chark, ,2nd round
Tyler Boyd, 2nd round
Courtland Sutton, 2nd round
Kenny Golladay, 3rd round
Cooper Kupp was a 3rd rounder
Chris Godwin , 3rd round
Terry McLaurin, 3rd round

All of those guys I’d rather have over Harrison Phillips and Cody Ford.....

  • Haha 1

Orinally Posted by seandelevan

A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

 

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

 

Originally Posted by bad radio

If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

 

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crazy Legs said:

He does look like a beast.  If the draft was today, and I was thrown in the draft room and told to make a pick, quick, I think I would draft Mekhi Becton.  

I do want to drill down on his college career more over the next couple of months though.   And it is hard to tell when teams will try to draft him.   Cody Ford went 38th overall to the Bills.  Becton should/could go a bit higher.   So do we take him at 22nd?    Trade back a few spots (but risk missing out)?   

Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State went 23rd overall last year and scoutniks thought he would go top of the 2nd.

I'm on board at 22.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

All of those guys I’d rather have over Harrison Phillips and Cody Ford.....

True, but we had to draft Cody Ford.  Our Oline in 2018 was garbage.   When Ty got hurt this year, we would have had no one to play RT.

But, I agree, take Cody and give me AJ Brown or DJ Chark.

So this year, let's draft a WR!    

  • Thanks 1

Upgrade the OLine.   Under the radar: RB Javon Leake, Maryland   DL Ross Blacklock, TCU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

True, but we had to draft Cody Ford.  Our Oline in 2018 was garbage.   When Ty got hurt this year, we would have had no one to play RT.

But, I agree, take Cody and give me AJ Brown or DJ Chark.

So this year, let's draft a WR!    

"no one" would have been just about as good as Ford was this year at RT lol

 

I wanted AJ Brown in the 2nd, but I think us still having Zay at the time we weren't ready to give up on him as he was a 2nd rounder just 2 years prior.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

True, but we had to draft Cody Ford.  Our Oline in 2018 was garbage.   When Ty got hurt this year, we would have had no one to play RT.

But, I agree, take Cody and give me AJ Brown or DJ Chark.

So this year, let's draft a WR!    

"no one" would have been just about as good as Ford was this year at RT lol

 

I wanted AJ Brown in the 2nd, but I think us still having Zay at the time we weren't ready to give up on him as he was a 2nd rounder just 2 years prior.

 

Personally I got a feeling Bills will run the Nsekhe/Ford experiment 1 more season, either sign Spain or upgrade the LG position, and in round 1 we'll draft a DE/OLB to replace Zo (he plays about 60% of our snaps) or we'll go WR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Yeah why are people acting like Ford was good this year? He was ass.

Ford was also a rookie, gotta give a rookie a little slack!  He was not a turn style but feeling was he needs to be better against speed rushers!  

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

He does look like a beast.  If the draft was today, and I was thrown in the draft room and told to make a pick, quick, I think I would draft Mekhi Becton.  

I do want to drill down on his college career more over the next couple of months though.   And it is hard to tell when teams will try to draft him.   Cody Ford went 38th overall to the Bills.  Becton should/could go a bit higher.   So do we take him at 22nd?    Trade back a few spots (but risk missing out)?   

Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State went 23rd overall last year and scoutniks thought he would go top of the 2nd.

It all depends on what Beane and McDermott think of Ford. If they believe OL coach Bobby Johnson can develop Ford into a RT than, they won't draft Mekhi Becton. They may draft an athletic like Josh Jones or Prince Tega Wanogho or Lucas Niaang to be a developmental OT to learn behind Ty Nsekhe and replace him as the swing OT.


L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Yeah why are people acting like Ford was good this year? He was ass.

Ford was great in the running game, he struggled at times in pass protection against elite pass rushers.

The question is can he improve his pass protection technique? Can he customize workouts in the off season to improve his footwork and quickness?


L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Yeah why are people acting like Ford was good this year? He was ass.

Ford is going to be a good player for years to come.  Probably at guard, though.  Some people consider Lit "ass".  LOL

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Ford is going to be a good player for years to come.  Probably at guard, though.  Some people consider Lit "ass".  LOL

I really don't think the Bills will switch him to OG though.  If Bills re-sign Spain it's probably telling that Bills are willing to do the Nsekhe/Ford RT carousel one more year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

It all depends on what Beane and McDermott think of Ford. If they believe OL coach Bobby Johnson can develop Ford into a RT than, they won't draft Mekhi Becton. They may draft an athletic like Josh Jones or Prince Tega Wanogho or Lucas Niaang to be a developmental OT to learn behind Ty Nsekhe and replace him as the swing OT.

Agreed.   It is up to Beane/McD.     They did move up in the draft to get Cody, so they are emotionally invested in Ford.  Also they may feel CF can take a big step up in his Sophomore year with his Pass Pro and it suits the Bills longterm to keep rolling with Cody at RT.

BTW I am okay drafting an OLinemen in the first round, if he is BPA.    Center/Guard or Offensive Tackle.

Bottom line to me is:  as long as the 1st round pick is a quality player.   No rolling the dice on a Tavon Austin type WR.   Or a Kelvin Benjamin.  Or a Shaq Lawson for that matter.

Heck, if they drop the pick on a CB that turns out almost as good as Tre White or Stephon Gilmore, it is worth the pick.  You will have that guy for at least 5 years.

And that is my philosophy:   Pick a player that you like on your roster for the next 5 years, regardless of position.  Not a splash player for 2020.
Reality is we need Edge help over the next 5 years.   We do need another CB for the next 5 years.   And a OT if they feel Cody goes to Guard.

  • Thanks 1

Upgrade the OLine.   Under the radar: RB Javon Leake, Maryland   DL Ross Blacklock, TCU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Laughing Coffin said:

I really don't think the Bills will switch him to OG though.  If Bills re-sign Spain it's probably telling that Bills are willing to do the Nsekhe/Ford RT carousel one more year

Spain should be re-signed because he isn't going to asking for Zack Martin type of $15 million/year.

Even if Beane believes Ford will become the RT, he needs to draft an OT in the mid rounds to develop into the swing OT because Ty Nsekhe has 1 year left on his contract. 


L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crazy Legs said:

Agreed.   It is up to Beane/McD.     They did move up in the draft to get Cody, so they are emotionally invested in Ford.  Also they may feel CF can take a big step up in his Sophomore year with his Pass Pro and it suits the Bills longterm to keep rolling with Cody at RT.

BTW I am okay drafting an OLinemen in the first round, if he is BPA.    Center/Guard or Offensive Tackle.

Bottom line to me is:  as long as the 1st round pick is a quality player.   No rolling the dice on a Tavon Austin type WR.   Or a Kelvin Benjamin.  Or a Shaq Lawson for that matter.

Heck, if they drop the pick on a CB that turns out almost as good as Tre White or Stephon Gilmore, it is worth the pick.  You will have that guy for at least 5 years.

And that is my philosophy:   Pick a player that you like on your roster for the next 5 years, regardless of position.  Not a splash player for 2020.
Reality is we need Edge help over the next 5 years.   We do need another CB for the next 5 years.   And a OT if they feel Cody goes to Guard.

The current scouting department is by far the best Buffalo has had since the Bill Polian days with AJ Smith and John Butler. I trust the moves the Beane and the scouting department make in free agency and the draft.


L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Spain should be re-signed because he isn't going to asking for Zack Martin type of $15 million/year.

Even if Beane believes Ford will become the RT, he needs to draft an OT in the mid rounds to develop into the swing OT because Ty Nsekhe has 1 year left on his contract. 

Ty is closing in on 35 years old, so you are right, he is probably a 1 year and done.

Age is a factor.  For 2020 can he start 16 games?    He shared snaps with Cody Ford this past season, then he got hurt, so we don't know if he could handle a full load.  

Thus IMO the Bills need to pick up an OT either in Free Agency or draft.  

Watch what the Bills do in OTAs with Cody.   If we scoop up a good OT prospect in the draft, then maybe McDermott is comfortable going all in on Cody playing guard.

 

 


Upgrade the OLine.   Under the radar: RB Javon Leake, Maryland   DL Ross Blacklock, TCU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2020 at 9:12 AM, Crazy Legs said:

Ty is closing in on 35 years old, so you are right, he is probably a 1 year and done.

Age is a factor.  For 2020 can he start 16 games?    He shared snaps with Cody Ford this past season, then he got hurt, so we don't know if he could handle a full load.  

Thus IMO the Bills need to pick up an OT either in Free Agency or draft.  

Watch what the Bills do in OTAs with Cody.   If we scoop up a good OT prospect in the draft, then maybe McDermott is comfortable going all in on Cody playing guard.

If LaAdrian Waddle want to come back at a cap friendly deal I'm ok with signing him to a 2 year deal and have him compete with an athletic OT Beane drafts. 

Ty Nsekhe is probably done after this year after being injury prone all of last year and 1 year left on his deal.


L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2020 at 3:35 PM, Sucked In Again said:

I'm on board at 22.

I haven't seen the guy play, but if the consensus is generally with you, I think I would end up being fine with it.  A solid OL would help both the running and passing attack, and protect our most valuable asset(or anyone who might replace him).

Like Rex said, build a bully!  Not the favorite move of those who like gambling on WRs late in the first(and I dont half blame them), but as CL and myself have pointed out, the position is deep enough this season where someone very worthwhile could be snagged in the 2nd....like a Zay Jones who actually lives up to expecations, etc.  

After that, I wouldn't mind an interiour OL in the 3rd or 4th if it happens to be BPA and if Beane hasn't already addressed the need for depth and competition through free agency.

Really, they aren't too many positions that would trouble me, even a CB at #1 could set this D up to be elite by allowing DCLF to blitz more often if he wished to.  The team seems to be close enough where 1 or 2 key upgrades could put them in a spot where most of us would be happy, in my opinion.  

The cap space is an added bonus that should make this very doable for OBD.   LGB!!!


StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

 

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

 

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

 

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

 

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Very Wide Right said:

Whoever we draft I'm saving my opinion until I hear what Lit thinks.I'm fairly certain he wont like the player so...…...

lol sometimes that can be a wise decision on here.  Sometimes even Lit reconsiders after an initial reaction though.  I think he did once or twice at leats last season, if I recall correctly, not that I care enough to obsess over the guy like some folks(and I dont mean you) do.  Go Beane, go Bills!!  :beer:


StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

 

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

 

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

 

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

 

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather than start a new thread and clutter the board up, I figured I'd add this 7 round mock draft to this thread, as long as the OP doesn't mind.   I don't care for any glory, I'm just the messenger sharing someone else's projections.

You do have to click each page like "fansided" articles seem to do, but that's first world problems and someone can copy the pages if they wish.  I hope you enjoy:

https://withthefirstpick.com/2020/01/11/bills-add-offensive-playmakers-mock-2020-nfl-draft/


StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

 

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

 

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

 

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

 

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 3:45 PM, DC2007 said:

Disagree, the WR class in the draft is so deep, only fools will pay big for the FAs.  Green is an injury risk, will not get top money, Sanders is past his prime by a lot and Cooper should get paid as a top 5WR, hes the only one who will.

Drafting a receiver won't make us better next year, a free agent will. Rookie WR take a long time to develop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...