Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

Jan 1st 2020 - First Mock Bills Draft Board of the Year

Hopefully the Bills win the Superbowl and are drafting 32nd....if not.....

*  I believe the Bills will NOT draft a WR in the 1st round.  Too many good ones available in the 2nd, and 3rd round.
*  OT would be ideal, but the best OTs probably will be gone by the time the Bills pick.  So don't force it.
*  Don't rule out a Defensive Back.   And quite frankly, Stephon Gilmore, Tre White, Antoine Winfield, Nate Clements all were good value in the 1st.

Kristian Fulton | CB | LSU -  I know, a Corner?   If he is the best player available, another player as good as Tre' wouldn't be the worst value.

Trevon Diggs | CB | Alabama  Another Corner that would be good value in the 20's.

CJ Henderson | CB | Florida  Another 1st round CB.   

Tyler Biadasz | OL | Wisconsin - No, he is not an OT, but if he is available in the 20's, he will definitely be at the top of the BPA list.

Mekhi Becton | OT | Louisville - The pre-draft process will reveal if he should go this high.

Yetur Gross-Matos | EDGE | Penn State - The Bills might need to move up to get him, if they feel he is worth a move.

K’Lavon Chaisson | EDGE | LSU - Bills do need to get more outside pass rush.

Upgrade the OLine.   Under the radar: RB Javon Leake, Maryland   DL Ross Blacklock, TCU

Why settle for what is left at WR. Your going to drafting late, if Shenault or Higgins is there I grab them. OT in free agency. 

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

The pats game, and when the D can’t get off the field Saturday....will justify, to McBeane, to draft more D. 

the office headache GIF

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Orinally Posted by seandelevan

A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio

If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

On 1/1/2020 at 8:21 AM, seandelevan said:

The pats game, and when the D can’t get off the field Saturday....will justify, to McBeane, to draft more D. 

the office headache GIF

For what it's worth we could use a dominant DL/Edge.

The cost would be steep but if AJ Epenesa falls to the 10-12 range I'd love to see Beane make a splash.

I trust McBeane to target and produce major talent on the defensive side of the ball regardless of moving up or down the board.

The issue with going WR in free agency is that it's a super thin class, these guys are going to get top dollar.  The list of viable #1/2 guys is basically Cooper, Green and Sanders.

Personally I'd love AJ Green on a 3 year deal.  I'll take my chances that this staff can keep him healthy and get him right.

• Thanks 1

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

Will Cooper reach FA? If so, show him the money.

• Thanks 1

MY FOUR FAVORITE TEAMS:

1) THE BLUE JAYS 2) THE BILLS

3) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE RED SOX

4) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE PACHEATIOTS

:bills:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetsy

Imagine, Patsie fans thinking something was amiss in A super Bowl. I bet they thought they had a monopoly on cheating. LOL

3 hours ago, The Beef said:

The cost would be steep but if AJ Epenesa falls to the 10-12 range I'd love to see Beane make a splash.

I trust McBeane to target and produce major talent on the defensive side of the ball regardless of moving up or down the board.

The issue with going WR in free agency is that it's a super thin class, these guys are going to get top dollar.  The list of viable #1/2 guys is basically Cooper, Green and Sanders.

Personally I'd love AJ Green on a 3 year deal.  I'll take my chances that this staff can keep him healthy and get him right.

3 hours ago, Mainejays said:

Will Cooper reach FA? If so, show him the money.

Fuck yeah. I’d take Copper over Green and also take a WR in round 2...the Johnson kid out of Minnesota. If they do those 2 things McD can have yet, another defensive stud in the first round. 

But if they go DE in the first, and don’t get a WR in FA and or in the draft....I’ll fucking go off. 

Orinally Posted by seandelevan

A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio

If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

I said it in the shoutbox yesterday, 

if Penn State DE Yetur Gross-Matos is on the board when the Bills are drafting 1st round, I'm shitting myself lol
if we draft him. I'm gonna be fucking pissed, he's one of those high motor, effort sack players in college.
Additionally I'm fucking still scorned by Aaron Maybin to draft another PSU DE

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Beef said:

Disagree, the WR class in the draft is so deep, only fools will pay big for the FAs.  Green is an injury risk, will not get top money, Sanders is past his prime by a lot and Cooper should get paid as a top 5WR, hes the only one who will.

On 1/1/2020 at 7:07 AM, Nuke said:

Why settle for what is left at WR. Your going to drafting late, if Shenault or Higgins is there I grab them. OT in free agency. 

The risk is high when drafting a WR late in the 1st round ....plus I am not sure McBeane want to go that direction with the 1st round pick.

2011 1st round WR Jonathan Baldwin
2012 1st round WR A. J. Jenkins 
2013 1st round WR Cordarrelle Patterson
2014 1st round WR Kelvin Benjamin 
2015 1st round WR Nelson Agholor & WR Breshad Perriman
2016 1st round WR  Laquon Treadwell  & WR Josh Doctson 
2017 1st round WR John Ross & WR Mike Williams 

If we were drafting Top 10, then maybe you roll the dice on a guy like WR Jerry Jerudy.   Otherwise, you need to make your 1st round pick count.   We can't afford anymore Shaq Lawson type results with our first round pick.      

Upgrade the OLine.   Under the radar: RB Javon Leake, Maryland   DL Ross Blacklock, TCU

Funny you mention Shaq Lawson now that everyone wants to resign him. Let’s say Maybin. You can make a similar list for any position.  This is where you hope your GM can spot a OBJ from a Benjamin or worse yet, trade multiple picks for a Sammy Watkins. 

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

I'd pay Cooper top five money any day of the week, then go O-line in the first or drop back and use the extra picks on multiple big bodies and the best WR available.

• Thanks 1

MY FOUR FAVORITE TEAMS:

1) THE BLUE JAYS 2) THE BILLS

3) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE RED SOX

4) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE PACHEATIOTS

:bills:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetsy

Imagine, Patsie fans thinking something was amiss in A super Bowl. I bet they thought they had a monopoly on cheating. LOL

On 1/2/2020 at 6:17 PM, Nuke said:

Funny you mention Shaq Lawson now that everyone wants to resign him. Let’s say Maybin. You can make a similar list for any position.  This is where you hope your GM can spot a OBJ from a Benjamin or worse yet, trade multiple picks for a Sammy Watkins. 

Again, if you are picking in the 20's, you are not going to have a chance to draft a Juio Jones or AJ Green.   You are picking through WR Jonathan Baldwin
WR A. J. Jenkins,  WR Cordarrelle Patterson,  WR Kelvin Benjamin, WR Nelson Agholor  & WR Breshad Perriman, WR  Laquon Treadwell  & WR Josh Doctson 
WR John Ross & WR Mike Williams.   

Sure, you MIGHT get lucky, but the odds are less than 50%.   We need to nail our 1st round pick.

19 hours ago, Mainejays said:

I'd pay Cooper top five money any day of the week, then go O-line in the first or drop back and use the extra picks on multiple big bodies and the best WR available.

I like your plan.   Good plan.

On 1/1/2020 at 7:07 AM, Nuke said:

Assuming buffalo beats Houston but losses there next game, they will be picking around 26th overall. If Tee Higgins or Laviska Shenault or Michael Pittman are on the board you can make a good argument to draft one of this big body WR's in the 1st round.

Some OT to look out for in the 1st or second round, if Beane and McDermott want to slide Cody Ford to G are Prince Tega Wanogho or Mekhi Becton or Josh Jones or Lucas Niang.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

On 1/2/2020 at 5:38 PM, Crazy Legs said:

The risk is high when drafting a WR late in the 1st round ....plus I am not sure McBeane want to go that direction with the 1st round pick.

2011 1st round WR Jonathan Baldwin
2012 1st round WR A. J. Jenkins 
2013 1st round WR Cordarrelle Patterson
2014 1st round WR Kelvin Benjamin 
2015 1st round WR Nelson Agholor & WR Breshad Perriman
2016 1st round WR  Laquon Treadwell  & WR Josh Doctson 
2017 1st round WR John Ross & WR Mike Williams 

If we were drafting Top 10, then maybe you roll the dice on a guy like WR Jerry Jerudy.   Otherwise, you need to make your 1st round pick count.   We can't afford anymore Shaq Lawson type results with our first round pick.      

Jerry Jeudy is one of the safest picks in the draft, he is a blue chip WR, there is no risk in drafting him. In fact if Beane traded up to draft Jerry Jeudy or Henry Ruggs I would have no issues with it because they are both very good WR that are also extremely safe picks.

Even at 26th overall Buffalo will be in a great position to draft a talented WR, or address anther area of need and draft a WR in the 2nd round. I would rather get the WR you want in the 1st round than gamble a WR you are high on falls to the 2nd round.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

On 1/2/2020 at 3:44 PM, Laughing Coffin said:

I said it in the shoutbox yesterday, 

if Penn State DE Yetur Gross-Matos is on the board when the Bills are drafting 1st round, I'm shitting myself lol
if we draft him. I'm gonna be fucking pissed, he's one of those high motor, effort sack players in college.
Additionally I'm fucking still scorned by Aaron Maybin to draft another PSU DE

I would prefer a WR in the 1st round but I wouldn't hate Gross Matos if Beane and the other scouts have done there research and due dilligency and believe he would be a good fit in McDermott's defense.

Gross Matos is 25 lbs heaver than Aaron Maybin and hasn't recorded a terrible rap song where he says he isthe "defense Wes Craven"

Also Brandon Beane is 100 times the GM that Russ Brandon will ever be.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

21 hours ago, Mainejays said:

If Jerry Jones doesn't back up a brinks truck to sign Amari Cooper I would love for Buffalo to sign him. I highly doubt Jerry Jones lets Cooper leave Dallas with out making him the highest paid WR in the history of the NFL.

If healthy and cleared by the Bills medical staff AJ Green would be a good plan b for a short 3 year contract. That would allow Buffalo to draft an edge rusher or OT in the 1st round and then draft a WR in the 2nd round.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

On 1/1/2020 at 8:37 AM, Mainejays said:

WR or O-line. It's time to stop treating the offense like the red headed step child of the team.

I agree with you. It's time to use some draft capital on the offensive side of the ball. 

The starting offense has one 1st round pick in Josh Allen

The starting defense has eight 1st round picks in Shaq Lawson, Ed Oliver, Jerry Hughes, Tremaine Edmunds, Tre White, Kevin Johnson, Star Lotulelei, and Corey Liuget.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

14 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

If Jerry Jones doesn't back up a brinks truck to sign Amari Cooper I would love for Buffalo to sign him. I highly doubt Jerry Jones lets Cooper leave Dallas with out making him the highest paid WR in the history of the NFL.

If healthy and cleared by the Bills medical staff AJ Green would be a good plan b for a short 3 year contract. That would allow Buffalo to draft an edge rusher or OT in the 1st round and then draft a WR in the 2nd round.

Agreed.   Edge or OT in 1st.

WR in 2nd

Although,  a CB could be the 1st round pick, just based on the quality that will be available in the 20's.

On 12/31/2019 at 8:26 PM, Crazy Legs said:

Hopefully the Bills win the Superbowl and are drafting 32nd....if not.....

*  I believe the Bills will NOT draft a WR in the 1st round.  Too many good ones available in the 2nd, and 3rd round.
*  OT would be ideal, but the best OTs probably will be gone by the time the Bills pick.  So don't force it.
*  Don't rule out a Defensive Back.   And quite frankly, Stephon Gilmore, Tre White, Antoine Winfield, Nate Clements all were good value in the 1st.

Kristian Fulton | CB | LSU -  I know, a Corner?   If he is the best player available, another player as good as Tre' wouldn't be the worst value.

Trevon Diggs | CB | Alabama  Another Corner that would be good value in the 20's.

CJ Henderson | CB | Florida  Another 1st round CB.   

Tyler Biadasz | OL | Wisconsin - No, he is not an OT, but if he is available in the 20's, he will definitely be at the top of the BPA list.

Mekhi Becton | OT | Louisville - The pre-draft process will reveal if he should go this high.

Yetur Gross-Matos | EDGE | Penn State - The Bills might need to move up to get him, if they feel he is worth a move.

K’Lavon Chaisson | EDGE | LSU - Bills do need to get more outside pass rush.

You know what would be nice?

To be able to sit and watch the Bill's offense NOT struggle to score some points.

If they go all in on defense again, that tells me (as well as others) that they don't really give a shit about the other side of the ball.

The do just enough mentality on the offensive side, and let the defense take over is way beyond foolish and was proven in losses against the Pats, Ravens and Browns.

If the offense (and play calling) was a little better this season, we could be waiting a week to watch the Bill's play ...

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

You know what would be nice?

To be able to sit and watch the Bill's offense NOT struggle to score some points.

If they go all in on defense again, that tells me (as well as others) that they don't really give a shit about the other side of the ball.

The do just enough mentality on the offensive side, and let the defense take over is way beyond foolish and was proven in losses against the Pats, Ravens and Browns.

If the offense (and play calling) was a little better this season, we could be waiting a week to watch the Bill's play ...

The offense WILL be better in 2020.    New Offensive Coordinator.   At least one better OLinemen.    And some more juice at the WR position.  Plus a 2nd RB.

The Bills have what, 9 draft picks, and a TON of Cap $ to spend in Free Agency.   It is happening.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Jerry Jeudy is one of the safest picks in the draft, he is a blue chip WR, there is no risk in drafting him. In fact if Beane traded up to draft Jerry Jeudy or Henry Ruggs I would have no issues with it because they are both very good WR that are also extremely safe picks.

Even at 26th overall Buffalo will be in a great position to draft a talented WR, or address anther area of need and draft a WR in the 2nd round. I would rather get the WR you want in the 1st round than gamble a WR you are high on falls to the 2nd round.

Oh lord.  We move up to pick Sammy Watkins Deux LOL

PS I do think Jerry Jeudy is projected to be better than Sammy Watkins.   But I don't want to move up to get Jeudy, that will cost at least next year's first.  Jeudy is going high.