Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Chris Brown on WGR: We may lose Jordan Phillips

17 hours ago, Skooby said:

See Shady McCoy.

See Ryan Fitzpatrick.    We ate a HUGE deadcap with him.

I think same deal with Marcell Dareus.

Sometimes you just eat deadcap.   You really try not to but it will depend on who we sign that can take his reps.

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

Well lets see if Star will take a pay cut or restructure to be on a contending team next year----it's rare but some players have done it.

• Thanks 1

On 12/30/2019 at 9:48 PM, LiterateStylish said:

Phillips is an absolute beast.

Top 5 in the league right now.

Harrison and Oliver will be HOPING to reach the level that Jordan is at right now.

So what's up with these PFF ratings?

Harrison Phillips 82

Oliver 64.3

Star 58.9

Liuget 67.5

Jordan Phillips 53.5

Chris Brown brought up a good point. Big men and big paydays often don’t work out. He was motivated this year. Was it because he wants to be great or is it because he wants to get paid? And if it’s the latter, what will be his motivation next year? When Harrison went on IR, I remember Tasker saying he was the d-lineman with the highest grade and you drafted a DT #1 last year. Yes, Star was a mistake. But, Beane just got this team out of “cap hell”. I can’t see him eating $8 million in dead money. I would try to resign Jordan. But, going into next year with Harrison, Oliver, Star and Liuget at DT isn’t the end of the world. Spend that money on protecting Josh. 

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

6 hours ago, Nuke said:

Chris Brown brought up a good point. Big men and big paydays often don’t work out. He was motivated this year. Was it because he wants to be great or is it because he wants to get paid? And if it’s the latter, what will be his motivation next year? When Harrison went on IR, I remember Tasker saying he was the d-lineman with the highest grade and you drafted a DT #1 last year. Yes, Star was a mistake. But, Beane just got this team out of “cap hell”. I can’t see him eating $8 million in dead money. I would try to resign Jordan. But, going into next year with Harrison, Oliver, Star and Liuget at DT isn’t the end of the world. Spend that money on protecting Josh. 

Eat the $8 million and be done with him.

I’d say that’s very likely. Get the feeling that we will want to secure Lawson and think Phillips is more of a flash in the pan guy that will get overpaid. Plus we have Harrison Phillips coming back so that softens the blow some

1 hour ago, the climber said:

Eat the $8 million and be done with him.

I’m not against that and they might do it. But, after cleaning up all Whaley’s dead money, I have a hard time seeing Beane doing it. 

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill