Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Why is Duke not starting every game?

6 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Duke Williams is a possession WR with size.

Daboll loves to use McKenzie a gadget player and on under neath routes. But is a liability as a PR and KR.

Foster offers big play ability at WR and contributes on the special teams coverage units.

Andre Roberts is a good KR and PR that you can rely on and know that he won't muff punts or fumble Kickoffs.

It comes down to a numbers game and how many WR's you want to dress on the 46 man roster.

An argument could be made that Williams and Foster offer more than McKenzie, so you should sit McKenzie and have Williams and Foster share reps at WR.

Lol.

Thanks for this, but I’m pretty sure we all know what reach receiver brings.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

4 minutes ago, Bleedzbillz said:

Then TEACH HIM!

He should be on special teams just for his blocking ability alone

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Duke finished with 6 receptions for 100+ yards.

That's what he does, and that's what he's always done.

But others on this board like to use the word separation, when talking about Williams. lol

How much separation do you need to get 100 plus receiving yards against the Jet starters?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Lol.

Thanks for this, but I’m pretty sure we all know what reach receiver brings.

You asked why Duke Williams isn't starting every game, and the answer is a numbers game.

You can't start 6 WR's on your 46 man game  day roster.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

49 minutes ago, jpp said:

Boggles my mind why Williams hasnt been starting all season (to a lesser degree Yeldon...he should accompany Singletary in the back field)......If today was any indication that this guy NEEDS to be playing next week than i dont know what is.....you would think the OC can make a compelling arguement to McClappy to put him on the field.....what do we have to lose??  Improve our 24th ranked passing offence??

Not that you don't know this, but the reason Daboll is in Buffalo is because he runs the most conservative offense, which means less mistakes, lots of punts and low scoring games being decided by the defense. 

Pure excitement ...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

That's what he does, and that's what he's always done.

But others on this board like to use the word separation, when talking about Williams. lol

How much separation do you need to get 100 plus receiving yards against the Jet starters?

Every single Duke Williams catch was contested expect for the 1 long pass in the 4th quarter vs a soft prevent defense.

Duke Williams ability to get separation is a valid criticism of his game.

Williams also had a bad drop.

Williams is by no means the long term answer at WR and Beane should draft a WR with size and speed in the 1st round.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

2 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

You asked why Duke Williams isn't starting every game, and the answer is a numbers game.

You can't start 6 WR's on your 46 man game  day roster.

He is a top 6 receiver

• Thanks 1

Just now, junglesouljah said:

Every single Duke Williams catch was contested expect for the 1 long pass in the 4th quarter vs a soft prevent defense.

Williams is by no means the long term answer at WR and Beane should draft a WR with size and speed in the 1st round.

Ding Ding Ding .... There's that word again, separation.

And come to think of it, I think you use it the most.

When given the opportunity, all he does is catch the ball

2 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

He is a top 6 receiver

You can't dress 6 WR's on game day because that leaves you with only 40 players to fill the remaining offense, defense and special teams positions.

1 minute ago, jamsim67 said:

Ding Ding Ding .... There's that word again, separation.

And come to think of it, I think you use it the most.

Duke Williams is a possession WR with 4.72 40 speed. He can make contested catches but he is going to struggle against any talented CB's that plays him with press coverage.

The deep pass Williams had today was vs a soft prevent defense.

Williams is not the longterm answer at WR. I have no problem with him competing for back up WR spots next year but Beane must draft a big WR with speed in the first round to start opposite of John Brown next year.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

5 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

When given the opportunity, all he does is catch the ball

Duke Williams make a lot of contested catches on under neath routes. Williams is a good not great possession WR. Williams is a good role player.

In order to beat great teams like Baltimore or New England you need to have a big fast WR on the field opposite of John brown that can beat man coverage with cover 0 blitzes. The biggest priority in the offseason is getting a #1 WR in the draft or a trade.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

You can't dress 6 WR's on game day because that leaves you with only 40 players to fill the remaining offense, defense and special teams positions.

Duke Williams is a possession WR with 4.72 40 speed. He can make contested catches but he is going to struggle against any talented CB's that plays him with press coverage.

The deep pass Williams had today was vs a soft prevent defense.

Williams is not the longterm answer at WR. I have no problem with him competing for back up WR spots next year but Beane must draft a big WR with speed in the first round to start opposite of John Brown next year.

Williams is the guy I want on the field with a 3rd and long. Not McKenzie, and not Foster.

And unless they can draft a big fast wide receiver before next weekend, your point is moot.

And like I said in the past, Anquan Boldin ran a 4.71 40, so whats your point?

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Duke Williams make a lot of contested catches on under neath routes. Williams is a good not great possession WR. Williams is a good role player.

In order to beat great teams like Baltimore or New England you need to have a big fast WR on the field opposite of John brown that can beat man coverage with cover 0 blitzes. The biggest priority in the offseason is getting a #1 WR in the draft or a trade.

I don't know how fast he needs to be, but when given the opportunity, all he does is catch the ball.

10 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

The Ravens smoked the Patriots without a “big fast WR”.

So did the Dolphins.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

ive been puzzled by that all year

maybe if allen had a target he was confident could come down with contested balls he wouldnt overthrow everybody long

you want jet sweeps? have roberts run them. sit mckenzie

• Thanks 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga

Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

Who gives a flying fuck about size and speed. 

The dude can play. The dude can help. 

• Thanks 2

Orinally Posted by seandelevan

A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio

If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

34 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

Not that you don't know this, but the reason Daboll is in Buffalo is because he runs the most conservative offense, which means less mistakes, lots of punts and low scoring games being decided by the defense. 

Pure excitement ...

Yes its sad.....this guy will NEVER break 20 in total offence...will be bottom 10 no matter........from what i recall he only had 1 EXCELLENT playcalling game and that against the cowboys......

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jpp said:

Yes its sad.....this guy will NEVER break 20 in total offence...will be bottom 10 no matter........from what i recall he only had 1 EXCELLENT playcalling game and that against the cowboys......

And I wouldn't call the Cowboy game and excellent play calling game, but it was a big win.

I do think that this is what McDermott wants. Low percentage of mistakes, low scoring that he can put in the hands of the defense.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

The Ravens smoked the Patriots without a “big fast WR”.

So did the Dolphins.

Baltimore uses it's TE's as WR's, so they are the big fast WR's for them. Mark Andrews is 6'5" 250 lbs, Hayden Hurst is 6'5" 245 lbs. Miles Boykin's was under used this year but has the ability and size to give the Patriots issues at 6'4" 220 lbs.

The Dolphins used Devante Parker and his 6'3" 216 lb frame to consistently beat Gilmore in coverage today. He had 8 catches for 137 yards.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

3 hours ago, jamsim67 said:

Pure excitement ...

Pure misery!

• Thanks 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, junglesouljah said:

Baltimore uses it's TE's as WR's, so they are the big fast WR's for them. Mark Andrews is 6'5" 250 lbs, Hayden Hurst is 6'5" 245 lbs. Miles Boykin's was under used this year but has the ability and size to give the Patriots issues at 6'4" 220 lbs.

The Dolphins used Devante Parker and his 6'3" 216 lb frame to consistently beat Gilmore in coverage today. He had 8 catches for 137 yards.

Baltimore has built almost it's entire team on size. Both lines are bigger than those of most other teams

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan