Sign in to follow this  
SackMan518

Looks like our buddy Marrone is getting the boot... see ya Dougie!

Jaguars deny ESPN report former Syracuse, Bills coach Doug Marrone will be fired after Sunday’s game

The Jaguars denied an ESPN report published Saturday citing sources that Coach Doug Marrone will be dismissed after Sunday’s game against the Indianapolis Colts.

Jaguars owner Shad Khan’s spokesman Jim Woodcock issued a statement: “Reports that Doug Marrone will be dismissed after Sunday’s game are 100 percent incorrect.”

ESPN’s Dianna Russini tweeted Saturday that Jaguars head Coach Doug Marrone has been informed that he will be dismissed following Sunday’s game against the Colts. Marrone was in his third full season as head coach of Jacksonville, compiling a 20-27 record (not including Sunday’s game against Indianapolis).

In addition to serving as an NFL Insider for ESPN, Russini’s father and uncles grew up in the same neighborhood as Marrone.

Per Jaguars PR, Marrone and the Jags will already be without cornerback A.J. Bouye (wrist) and Leonard Fournette (illness) against the Colts. Fournette was downgraded to “Doubtful” Saturday morning and subsequently posted the following tweet.

Fournette had appeared in all 15 games this season, the most of his career. In a corresponding move, the Jaguars promoted running back Jeremy McNichols from their practice squad. Wide receiver/returner Michael Walker (hamstring) has also been placed on Injured Reserve.

The Jaguars (5-10) face the Colts (7-8) at 4:25 p.m. at TIAA Bank Field Sunday.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Huh, somehow he survived the purge.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

51 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Huh, somehow he survived the purge.

Saw that too.  Should have canned his fat ass.  Mediocre coach in it for the money.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Saw that too.  Should have canned his fat ass.  Mediocre coach in it for the money.

I think a coach in Marrone's position with the Bills would be an idiot to stay.  Owner dies, getting new owner you have no rapport with.  Literally was in his contract giving him the option to do so.  

22 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

I think a coach in Marrone's position with the Bills would be an idiot to stay.  Owner dies, getting new owner you have no rapport with.  Literally was in his contract giving him the option to do so.  

My comment wasn't based on him leaving the Bills.  I just don't think he's any better than low average.  Bills were stupid to put that clause in his contract.  He probably would have been just fine if he stayed, but I get why he didn't.  Didn't he get a nice little parting gift?  Hey, it all led to the memorable Rex Ryan era,  right?  Lit has said many times that Ryan shouldn't have been fired which is ridiculous.  Don't be shocked if he claims never to have said such a thing, though he'd be lying.

MArrone and Caldwell both survived. Good news for the AFC.

Just my 2 Cents

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker: Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

''We will always be with you. No one's ever really gone.'' - Luke Skywalker Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

#Cup or Bust 2020 #Bowl or Bust 2020