Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Raiders stadium looks pretty cool

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Herodotus said:

Its tempered -not tinted - glass.  Yeah, that is sunburn city.  Cannot wait for the lawsuits

welcome to Millennial Stadium in Millennial Park catering to Millennials...….lol


cba fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, JoeFerguson said:

It's going to be over 100 degree scorcher there during pre-season and the first 2 months of regular season. It's not going to be domed?

it is domed.

wonder if the sun issue may force them to paint the glass like the Astrodome was forced to do albeit for a diff reason. Baseballs lost in sun field in Astrodome vs just need to reduce heat/sunburn in Vegas.


cba fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cba fan said:

it is domed.

wonder if the sun issue may force them to paint the glass like the Astrodome was forced to do albeit for a diff reason. Baseballs lost in sun field in Astrodome vs just need to reduce heat/sunburn in Vegas.

Per the wikipedia article, that roof -if melted - could create an acid

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Oakland stadium was about as core NFL as you can get. Blue collar and all about football. No BS. D

Sad to see this. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That glass is probably going to be lined and coated with Titanium, which helps repel the heat of the sun. Or something similar. I'm sure vehicles that travel to space use something to shield the heat of the sun 


“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

 

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

 

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drive past the new LV stadium almost everyday on the freeway while doing my job. It’s been cool watching how fast they’ve been building it in the past couple years. 
 

I also saw the new stadium in Los Angeles up close last month when I drove down there to see Slayer do their final concert at the Forum, which is right next to the new stadium site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Psycho79 said:

I drive past the new LV stadium almost everyday on the freeway while doing my job. It’s been cool watching how fast they’ve been building it in the past couple years. 
 

I also saw the new stadium in Los Angeles up close last month when I drove down there to see Slayer do their final concert at the Forum, which is right next to the new stadium site. 

And fuck you getting to go to that show, you lucky bastard. Did you see that I posted it in the favorite music thread?

  • Thanks 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

 

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

 

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, HipKat said:

That glass is probably going to be lined and coated with Titanium, which helps repel the heat of the sun. Or something similar. I'm sure vehicles that travel to space use something to shield the heat of the sun 

Yeah, gold. Coating the entire dome would be decadent, perfect for sin city.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HipKat said:

And fuck you getting to go to that show, you lucky bastard. Did you see that I posted it in the favorite music thread?

I missed that post. I’ll have to look for it. 
 

I missed the Vegas date a few days before because I had to work that night so I made it a point to drive to LA to see the final date. It took me seven hours to get to the Forum because of Thanksgiving weekend traffic. I missed the opening bands and got to the venue less than twenty minutes before Slayer went on. After the show, I got in my truck and drove straight back to Vegas. It was quite the adventure. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Psycho79 said:

I missed that post. I’ll have to look for it. 
 

I missed the Vegas date a few days before because I had to work that night so I made it a point to drive to LA to see the final date. It took me seven hours to get to the Forum because of Thanksgiving weekend traffic. I missed the opening bands and got to the venue less than twenty minutes before Slayer went on. After the show, I got in my truck and drove straight back to Vegas. It was quite the adventure. 

I watched this video with a fair amount of tears in my eyes thinking about all that Slayer has meant to me and grateful I got to see them with Hanneman and Lombardo on the 2003 Ozzfest bill


“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

 

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

 

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, HipKat said:

I watched this video with a fair amount of tears in my eyes thinking about all that Slayer has meant to me and grateful I got to see them with Hanneman and Lombardo on the 2003 Ozzfest bill

When they played Vegas back in 2010, it turned out to be the second to last full show that the original lineup would ever play together. I’m grateful I got to see it. 
 

Lombardo should’ve been the drummer on this final tour. He’s the original drummer and it would’ve been better. Bostaph was a great replacement back in the early 90s but he sounded terrible when he returned this last time. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drove past this when I was in Vegas over the summer. It was impressive then. Just a mammoth building. 

  • Like 1

Just my 2 Cents

 

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

 

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

 

"It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker: Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

 

''We will always be with you. No one's ever really gone.'' - Luke Skywalker Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

 

#Cup or Bust 2020 #Bowl or Bust 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, when you figure NYS only has one NFL team that plays in the state, why not go over the top.  Go big or go home.  Retractable Dome would be ideal, but a Dome of some sort is a must.  Simply cannot build a structure that cannot be used in bad weather.  Build a convention center on the first two floors, then the Stadium on top.  Between the two structures running every weekend would help pay for itself over 30 years.  Stadiums last half a century if built right.  Make it a Superbowl destination.  I would put the stadium on the lake at the Beth Steel plant!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Psycho79 said:

When they played Vegas back in 2010, it turned out to be the second to last full show that the original lineup would ever play together. I’m grateful I got to see it. 
 

Lombardo should’ve been the drummer on this final tour. He’s the original drummer and it would’ve been better. Bostaph was a great replacement back in the early 90s but he sounded terrible when he returned this last time. 

I agree. Lombardo's style was part of the sound that set Slayer apart. Bostaph is a killer Drummer, but nowhere near Dave Lombardo


“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

 

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

 

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2019 at 7:58 PM, foster said:

The Oakland stadium was about as core NFL as you can get. Blue collar and all about football. No BS. D

Sad to see this. 

Sad when we'll be able to say the same of "the ralph /new era/ rich stadium".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drive past the stadium everyday on my way to and from work.  There isn't much parking at the stadium, so there will be 4 satellite parking lots with shuttles to the stadium.  They are also going to close one of the streets that go from the Strip over I-15 to allow pedestrian traffic.  The were better places to build that stadium in town, but none of them were adjacent to the Strip.

The field is on tracks, similar to the stadium in Phoenix.  There were some flaws in the design in Phoenix, and they supposedly improved upon them for this field.

UNLV is also going to share the stadium with the Raiders and also got a new practice facility.  They have been bad for a while and fired their coach.  It isn't much of a football program, but they are trying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Grin said:

I drive past the stadium everyday on my way to and from work.  There isn't much parking at the stadium, so there will be 4 satellite parking lots with shuttles to the stadium.  They are also going to close one of the streets that go from the Strip over I-15 to allow pedestrian traffic.  The were better places to build that stadium in town, but none of them were adjacent to the Strip.

The field is on tracks, similar to the stadium in Phoenix.  There were some flaws in the design in Phoenix, and they supposedly improved upon them for this field.

UNLV is also going to share the stadium with the Raiders and also got a new practice facility.  They have been bad for a while and fired their coach.  It isn't much of a football program, but they are trying.

Ouch.

Not sure how i'd feel about "shuttling" to a game.

  • Like 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

Ouch.

Not sure how i'd feel about "shuttling" to a game.

I think that will be a coming attraction, and one of the only real drawbacks when and if the Pegulas build a stadium downtown.

  • Trump 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, theAteam said:

Tell that to the Rams and Chargers

The Rams went a SB already and will be in it next year. The Chargers are simply  the Jets  in this setting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Ouch.

Not sure how i'd feel about "shuttling" to a game.

They already do it with Golden Knights games to an extent.  Raiders fans have a bit of a reputation, so it will be interesting to see how this whole thing goes.  People are paying a stupid amount of money to get season tickets.

Another problem with the stadium is that they haven't built out the roads to accommodate for all the traffic yet, and I haven't even heard of the roads being in design.

I still think they should have moved the Chargers to Vegas instead. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, thinwhiteduke said:

The Rams went a SB already and will be in it next year. The Chargers are simply  the Jets  in this setting

Rams are on a fast track to implosion. Ridiculous money invested into an awful QB and RB sitting on a ticking time bomb in his knee.

Plus they have to play the BUFFALO BILLS next year guaranteeing a loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theAteam said:

Rams are on a fast track to implosion. Ridiculous money invested into an awful QB and RB sitting on a ticking time bomb in his knee.

Plus they have to play the BUFFALO BILLS next year guaranteeing a loss.

Lololol 

Dude,....all the necessary  unicorns  and rainbows will fall into the Rams lap in the off season.  They are playing in a brand new  church of the football gods next season. The building will house nfl offices,  espn  offices,  nfl net offices.

Do you really  think the league will allow a team to suck in this shiny new cathedral?  I assure you, even if there's a Chance Buffalo beats them next year. Rams will still have a better season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...