Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Thebowflexbody

Not Quite Ready for Prime Time, But Getting Really Close *****

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Relax everyone.  Close, but no cigar.  I know.  Frustrating.  Me too.  There is a solid foundation in place though and the future looks bright.  Things should actually improve in the next few years.  Let the playoffs happen and we'll see what happens.  We might finish 11-5 and at worst 10-6.  I'd have taken that back in August without blinking.  Room for improvement?  Damn straight.  Some adjustments on the horizon?  Yep.  Some puzzle pieces not added yet?  Sure.  Hang in there Buffalo faithful.  I think you'll be rewarded.

Lets see five games before national audiences and they are 2-3 (2 of those losses are to the pats), but unlike prior years they have not been absolutely embarrassed on national television, and they have won on the road.  This is going to be very important for them in a couple weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The arrow is pointing up for this team.  I even think the rest of the country knows it.  Not that I give a shit.  Just saying it's pretty clear.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Herodotus said:

Lets see five games before national audiences and they are 2-3 (2 of those losses are to the pats), but unlike prior years they have not been absolutely embarrassed on national television, and they have won on the road.  This is going to be very important for them in a couple weeks. 

Two wins, three 1 score losses.  The NFL can see they have gotten a good product from a team that can perform in nationally televised broadcasts, and is likely to give them more of them as a result.  BFB is right about upswing, and with cap numbers coaching stability, there is a decent chance their talent should improve next season.

  • Thanks 1

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

 

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

 

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

 

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

 

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Relax everyone.  Close, but no cigar.  I know.  Frustrating.  Me too.  There is a solid foundation in place though and the future looks bright.  Things should actually improve in the next few years.  Let the playoffs happen and we'll see what happens.  We might finish 11-5 and at worst 10-6.  I'd have taken that back in August without blinking.  Room for improvement?  Damn straight.  Some adjustments on the horizon?  Yep.  Some puzzle pieces not added yet?  Sure.  Hang in there Buffalo faithful.  I think you'll be rewarded.

So far this year Allen has 20 TD, 8 interceptions for a 58.8 % completion rate and 9 rushing TD's.

Last year Allen had 10 TD's, 12 interceptions for a 52.8 % completion rate and 8 rushing TD's.

Allen is improving and well become an even better QB when Beane gets him a #1 WR to play with Brown.

  • Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

So far this year Allen has 20 TD, 8 interceptions for a 58.8 % completion rate and 9 rushing TD's.

Last year Allen had 10 TD's, 12 interceptions for a 52.8 % completion rate and 8 rushing TD's.

Allen is improving and well become an even better QB when Beane gets him a #1 WR to play with Brown.

Agree.  Allen can and will improve regardless of what Head Coach/GM/Scout /Chief Bottle Washer/Wannabe Lit says...........

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lit is overly critical of Allen. Lit rarely gives Allen any credit for good plays or progress he makes. 

Lit is impatient and believe that Allen should develop at a faster rate than Watson or Mahomes even those Allen was a bigger development project coming into the draft than the above mentioned players.

Some players take longer to develop than others for a variety of reasons, but the good news is that Allen is not even any where near reaching his ceiling. 

Allen has showed signs of improvement, has helped to lead his team to a 10-5 record and a wild card playoff berth in his second year, with 9 new starters on offense.

Allen will get better and will make football outsiders and pro football focus look like idiots for being so over the top with their respective criticism of Allen.

Allen is the 2nd best QB out of the 2018 draft class and is an ascending player.


L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

So far this year Allen has 20 TD, 8 interceptions for a 58.8 % completion rate and 9 rushing TD's.

Last year Allen had 10 TD's, 12 interceptions for a 52.8 % completion rate and 8 rushing TD's.

Allen is improving and well become an even better QB when Beane gets him a #1 WR to play with Brown.

and 3000 yards.  He did this with a second and third receiver playing as 1st and second receivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Lit is overly critical of Allen. Lit rarely gives Allen any credit for good plays or progress he makes. 

Lit is impatient and believe that Allen should develop at a faster rate than Watson or Mahomes even those Allen was a bigger development project coming into the draft than the above mentioned players.

Some players take longer to develop than others for a variety of reasons, but the good news is that Allen is not even any where near reaching his ceiling. 

Allen has showed signs of improvement, has helped to lead his team to a 10-5 record and a wild card playoff berth in his second year, with 9 new starters on offense.

Allen will get better and will make football outsiders and pro football focus look like idiots for being so over the top with their respective criticism of Allen.

Allen is the 2nd best QB out of the 2018 draft class and is an ascending player.

Sounds fair.  I think Allen has and will put the work in to improve his game.  Yes he was a project.  I knew that going in.  Why are so many shocked about that?  You're right.  He is nowhere near his ceiling at this point.  At the same time there is obviously room for improvement.  Not the perfect situation, but I'll take it.  He has the "it" factor.  That's not easy to find.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Agree.  Allen can and will improve regardless of what Head Coach/GM/Scout /Chief Bottle Washer/Wannabe Lit says...........

Man, I wish you were in the Shoutbox today.  It seems like all the negative nancies flock there....and Lit banned me simply for asking how to block people. Everyone claimed you couldn't.  Just awhile ago, the board's resident genius, Daryl, figured out how to.  :)


"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

 

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

 

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

 

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

 

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Sounds fair.  I think Allen has and will put the work in to improve his game.  Yes he was a project.  I knew that going in.  Why are so many shocked about that?  You're right.  He is nowhere near his ceiling at this point.  At the same time there is obviously room for improvement.  Not the perfect situation, but I'll take it.  He has the "it" factor.  That's not easy to find.

I fully agree about the IT factor.  With Josh Allen behind center you always expect that maybe they can pull this out.  Was I disappointed when he came up just short v the Cheats and the Ravens?  Sure, but I like the fact that I can trust him to pull it off and that he learns from his mistakes.  I have seen lots of improvement from him this year and he will only continue to get better.  We do need to get a new OC, some new OLs, and a bigger WR or TE, but he is well on his way and we have not come anywhere near seeing his ceiling.  Perfect QB? Nope.  Hall of Fame? Nah.  Great? Nah.  League leader? Not yet, but he is the man we need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StraightJ said:

Man, I wish you were in the Shoutbox today.  It seems like all the negative nancies flock there....and Lit banned me simply for asking how to block people. Everyone claimed you couldn't.  Just awhile ago, the board's resident genius, Daryl, figured out how to.  :)

My motto:  avoid the idiots.  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Herodotus said:

For the benefit of some, Josh Allen has 3070 some odd yards which are better than Tyrod's best season. 

Josh Allen is not scared to throw his WR's open like Tyrod Taylor is.

Tyrod Taylor has bad anticipation skills and doesn't like to throw to WR's unless they are wide open.

Tyrod Taylor is very conservative, he is a more athletic but conservative throwing version of Alex Smith.

 

  • Thanks 2

L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thebowflexbody said:

My motto:  avoid the idiots.  LOL

I have been avoiding the shout box for the same reason, lots of negative nancy's that love to complain and cry that the sky is falling.


L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Herodotus said:

I fully agree about the IT factor.  With Josh Allen behind center you always expect that maybe they can pull this out.  Was I disappointed when he came up just short v the Cheats and the Ravens?  Sure, but I like the fact that I can trust him to pull it off and that he learns from his mistakes.  I have seen lots of improvement from him this year and he will only continue to get better.  We do need to get a new OC, some new OLs, and a bigger WR or TE, but he is well on his way and we have not come anywhere near seeing his ceiling.  Perfect QB? Nope.  Hall of Fame? Nah.  Great? Nah.  League leader? Not yet, but he is the man we need.

I'm sure this will sound bad to some, but a wise old OC like Norv Turner might be a good thing for Allen.  Don't think they'll make a change, but what other suggestions for OC are there?  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Sounds fair.  I think Allen has and will put the work in to improve his game.  Yes he was a project.  I knew that going in.  Why are so many shocked about that?  You're right.  He is nowhere near his ceiling at this point.  At the same time there is obviously room for improvement.  Not the perfect situation, but I'll take it.  He has the "it" factor.  That's not easy to find.

Allen needs to continue to improve his foot work and lower body mechanics. He isn't as consistent with his lower body mechanics as he can be and that effects his throws being off target. 

Allen also needs to trust his eyes more, and quicken his mental processing when teams are blitzing in order to make more anticipatory throws. He hit John Brown for a 56 yard TD and had a 34 yard throw to Knox that showed off he is capable of using those traits, he just needs to be more consistent.

Allen most definitely has the it factor and helps the team win more games than they should. Of course he has room for improvement, but he has showed flashes of great play where you see the elite arm talent and athletic ability to extend plays. He has cut down on the hero ball bad throws, and as a result cut down on his interceptions. 


L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get aggressive in offseason addressing:

offensive line

WR

D line

A solid draft and free agency and this team will be legit.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thebowflexbody said:

 Things should actually improve in the next few years.  

I've been saying this for 20 years.  I hope you're right.  :niterider:

 


process.jpg

 

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

My motto:  avoid the idiots.  LOL

About the only way to do that is to getting banned or banning the board.  lol


"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

 

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

 

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

 

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

 

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

I have been avoiding the shout box for the same reason, lots of negative nancy's that love to complain and cry that the sky is falling.

Youre letting them win.  People do that in society too, and it sucks.

I hope you return and help tip back the majority to rational/non-hot take people.


"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

 

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

 

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

 

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

 

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this post and the follow up. Getting tired of reading so many negative posts about this team . Dissapoinred by this loss but this team keeps you on the edge of your sit.  Fun to watch. We just need a better oline to give Allen some time.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

I'm sure this will sound bad to some, but a wise old OC like Norv Turner might be a good thing for Allen.  Don't think they'll make a change, but what other suggestions for OC are there?  Thanks.

I don't think Beane and McDermott will part ways with Daboll.

In order to get great college offensive minds you are going to have to grossly over pay them and give them an assistant head coach title to get head coaches like Ryan Day from Ohio State, Dana Holgerson from Houston, Gus Malzahn from Auburn, Mike Leach from Washington State, David Cutcliffe from Duke, Lincon Riley from Oklahoma to come to Buffalo. Needless to say it's highly unlikely any of the above mentioned HC's will leave college for the NFL.

If you want to stay with NFL OC's getting someone like Eric Bieniemy form Kansas City or Kellen Moore from Dallas, or Ken Whisenhunt from the LA Chargers, Brian Schottenheimer from Seattle, Arthur Smith from Tennessee, or Pete Carmichael Jr from New Orleans.

Or Buffalo could promote QB Ken Dorsey to OC.

Assuming Daboll is kept next year, If the offense doesn't improve to at least the NFL average in points scored than he has to be fired. Buffalo had the 30th ranked scoring offense in 2018 and this year have the 19th ranked scoring offense.


L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Woody said:

I've been saying this for 20 years.  I hope you're right.  :niterider:

The difference between 2000 to 2016 and 2017 to the present is we have been improving.  Two playoffs in the past three years testifies to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Herodotus said:

The difference between 2000 to 2016 and 2017 to the present is we have been improving.  Two playoffs in the past three years testifies to that.

There have been 4 different regimes since then.

No one on the coaching staff and no one on the current active roster is from the 2000 season.

Beane and McDermott have changed the culture of losing to a culture of winning and have made the playoffs 2 out of their first 3 years here.

  • Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...