Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Josh was the reason we were in it AND the reason we lost

7 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

I believe that SJ is thinking about a completely different play.

This one....

C1C68301-71C0-4342-9E16-759187B44B4D.jpeg

I believe you were correct.  lol  Both off target, but not quite as badly as those still frames suggested.  

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

37 minutes ago, StraightJ said:

I believe you were correct.  lol  Both off target, but not quite as badly as those still frames suggested.  

The first one was really bad. The second one wasn’t as bad.

8289DA9D-79D9-411D-8F13-8C97D0E2E125.jpeg

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Trubisky  is the reason the Bears have won some games....so what?  Both QBS amount to mediocrity. 

Trent  Dilfer, Bernie Kosar  and Vinnie Testaverde  are gods  compared to Allen! Lol

6 minutes ago, thinwhiteduke said:

Trubisky  is the reason the Bears have won some games....so what?  Both QBS amount to mediocrity. 

Trent  Dilfer, Bernie Kosar  and Vinnie Testaverde  are gods  compared to Allen! Lol

I'm kind of glad you said that.  Anyone who knows me knows I wouldn't say that about Josh.  If you were anyone, it would more likely be Lit than me, lol.  

Josh is still a work in progress, if you care, TWD.  He might get significantly better, or he may not.  Sadly, he's already better than about anything the Bills have had in a long time.  

Trubisky is popular here.  I remember the first time I recalled seeing him mentioned during a game in the Shoutbox, Daryl called him "Money Mitch", which also reminds me of Glengarry Glen Ross's "Mitch and Murray", which is the screen name of Range member Skooby on another Bills board. :)  

• Thanks 1

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

I just can’t simply get too upset about the offense. It sucks and it sucks at the expense of the defense. I can’t get mad at a unit that is run, lead, and consist of terrible plays and players. It’s like getting upset at an illiterate person because they can’t read. It’s like getting upset at a 400 pound dude not being able to run a 5 minute mile. 

Cant be upset when our project qb with accuracy issues doesn’t have time behind our journeymen oline throwing to midget journeymen receivers and a TE who rarely ever caught passes in college being run by a coordinator whose playbook at Bama consisted of just basic run plays. 

• Thanks 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

7 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

I don’t give Daboll passes for anything.

Im saying DESPITE his poor playcalling, he schemed 2 players open in the endzone and the QB couldn’t convert.

So for all of Daboll’s faults, we still would have won if the QB threw an accurate ball on those plays.

People can whine about poor playcalling, I'm worried about execution.  

Motor comes in averaging 5 yards a carry, and puts up 3.1 on a defense that Gore GASHED in week 4.  

The defense giving up a 30 yard pass to Edelman after he misses 2 series, terrible.

Having no answer for and not being able to tackle Rex Burkhead, inexcusable.

It's great Josh hit the two big throws he did, and worked in Beasely to get the offense going.  I said it earlier in the week, Josh has to make about 5 plays a game for us to win, today he came up just short.  Had the two big throws, a nice run before the end of the first half, and another Superman QB sneak.  Too many other plays left on the field.

• Thanks 2

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

3 hours ago, seandelevan said:

I just can’t simply get too upset about the offense. It sucks and it sucks at the expense of the defense. I can’t get mad at a unit that is run, lead, and consist of terrible plays and players. It’s like getting upset at an illiterate person because they can’t read. It’s like getting upset at a 400 pound dude not being able to run a 5 minute mile. 

Cant be upset when our project qb with accuracy issues doesn’t have time behind our journeymen oline throwing to midget journeymen receivers and a TE who rarely ever caught passes in college being run by a coordinator whose playbook at Bama consisted of just basic run plays. 

And you know what's funny, or not funny (depending on who you root for), I don't they interviewed anybody else for the OC job. And they signed him early (way early). I guess they thought that if they didn't act immediately some other team would jump at the chance to have him calling plays for their offense.

And I do believe we were the first two who on this site who questioned Daboll coming to Buffalo.

Still questioning it

• Thanks 1

The WR excuse is old.

WR’s are open.

TE’s are open.

He misses some passes.
He takes sacks he should not

he makes running plays other more accurate QBs do not

he gives the team an attitude they have not had in 20 years. 
he makes throws more accurate QBs can not. 

coaching staff needs to give this kid more opportunities. Running the same Singletary play up the middle all game was a waste of many opportunities. I don’t hate the coaches for doing it. I understand that they are trying to slowly groom the kid. But they need to let it rip a little more. 

I am certain that the JA critics will be proven very wrong. 

• Thanks 1

The coaching has fucked Josh up, third and goal, again he could have walked into the endzone, he missed it, again.  Last year you would have been here talking about going for 2 or taking the extra point after that TD.  Once again piss poor coaching is trying to stuff players into a scheme instead of scheming for the talent they have and not shocking, it's mediocre again.   It's time to own the fact Greg Roman was the best OC we have seen in the last 20 years, he made Tyrod look acceptable and has Jackson looking like a god.  He would be a great fit for Allen.  Allen has to start making the basic throws, and seeing the field enough to take off when its there instead of constantly looking to force passes to mediocre recievers too.

• Thanks 1

Conservative, conservative, conservative

Playing not to lose, is not playing to win.

And McDermott is guilty on all charges of playing not to lose.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they are in the playoffs but they had opportunities to do more on the offensive side of the ball this season, but they decided it was best to play it safe and put the game in the hands of the defense.

Hopefully J Allen will be the better for it next season, but we will have to wait and see.

10-5 with a chance to be 11-5 is far better than a lot of us expected, so I will tip my cap.

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

The WR excuse is old.

WR’s are open.

TE’s are open.

Didn’t say that was the only excuse. 

But they are not open 24/7 running wide open every play....from from it. 

Seems like Allen misses 2-3 open guys a game. 

If Allens career is to be doomed because of 2-3 passes a game then fuck it, let’s trade half the team and draft picks away for Aaron Rodgers.

4 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

Conservative, conservative, conservative

Playing not to lose, is not playing to win.

And McDermott is guilty on all charges of playing not to lose.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they are in the playoffs but they had opportunities to do more on the offensive side of the ball this season, but they decided it was best to play it safe and put the game in the hands of the defense.

Hopefully J Allen will be the better for it next season, but we will have to wait and see.

10-5 with a chance to be 11-5 is far better than a lot of us expected, so I will tip my cap.

Yup. They had the ball TWICE...FUCKING TWICE! With the lead. The first time: run, run, qb run, punt

the second time: run, run, pass completed short for a first, punt 

fucking loser play calling.

you have NOTHING to lose and EVERYTHING to gain. 

• Thanks 2

Pats stopped singletary but we kept wasting plays to him. Had offensive momentum but chickened out...wasted series. Yeah Josh missed a couple close ones but how much practice does he get in games wasting plays. Nobody picking up the blitz at end. We live and die on Allen but he's constrained. We had it going but decided to let Brady win it. We needed to dink and dunk like he did. Keep possession score more points against good teams. Tackle better.

• Thanks 1

Didn’t say that was the only excuse. 

But they are not open 24/7 running wide open every play....from from it. 

Seems like Allen misses 2-3 open guys a game. 

If Allens career is to be doomed because of 2-3 passes a game then fuck it, let’s trade half the team and draft picks away for Aaron Rodgers.

That’s what makes a good QB good.

Not missing wide open guys in the endzone every game...

Usually I'm critical of Allen, but the only reason this game was close was because of him.  Am I the only one that think that the throw to Knox in the corner was a good throw where it was supposed to be?  I think Knox wasn't where he was supposed to be.  Knox shouldn't have been 3 yards deep in the end zone, that was clearly a deep corner route.  It's possible Josh threw it before Knox was able to get there, but that can be blamed on being pressured.  Our demise was primarily due to gutless coaching.  Failure to make adjustments, and predictable playcalling was the kiss of death; Against Bill Belichik no less pfft. The lack of blitzing and not wrapping up on tackles was disgusting.  This game was as unimportant as it was important, we should have just gambled and saw what happened. Why not zerg Brady and at least send him to the playoffs with a few bruises?  Even if we go 11-5, it's gonna do more harm to this team securing this coaching staff's jobs.  They are the what is going to keep a good Buffalo Team from being Great. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, slam53 said:

Usually I'm critical of Allen, but the only reason this game was close was because of him.  Am I the only one that think that the throw to Knox in the corner was a good throw where it was supposed to be?  I think Knox wasn't where he was supposed to be.  Knox shouldn't have been 3 yards deep in the end zone, that was clearly a deep corner route.  It's possible Josh threw it before Knox was able to get there, but that can be blamed on being pressured.  Our demise was primarily due to gutless coaching.  Failure to make adjustments, and predictable playcalling was the kiss of death; Against Bill Belichik no less pfft. The lack of blitzing and not wrapping up on tackles was disgusting.  This game was as unimportant as it was important, we should have just gambled and saw what happened. Why not zerg Brady and at least send him to the playoffs with a few bruises?  Even if we go 11-5, it's gonna do more harm to this team securing this coaching staff's jobs.  They are the what is going to keep a good Buffalo Team from being Great. 

Which Knox pass? The one at the end of the game?

On 12/22/2019 at 8:16 AM, seandelevan said:

Yup. They had the ball TWICE...FUCKING TWICE! With the lead. The first time: run, run, qb run, punt

This times infinity.

The common denominator of every team that loses a close one to NE is that they try to run down the clock when it's a one score game. That works against other teams most of the time but not Tom Brady. He's like a caged animal he's just going to increase his resolve as the pressure builds.

Every team that beats them does it by stepping their throat and pushing down, even when the outcome appears to be decided.

Does anyone think if the situation were reversed that the Patriots would be running the clock? 

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2019 at 2:11 AM, LiterateStylish said:

The first one was really bad. The second one wasn’t as bad.

Correct.  The 2nd and Goal one hurts more but it honestly just missed.  If we had a TE like Cook in NO he likely elevates and easily comes down with the pass.  Knox lacks aerial body control he doesn't elevate for balls.  The first one to Knox was open but he threw it long.  To be honest though where Allen put it was probably where Knox should be running that route anyways, but that's probably giving Allen too much credit.

• Thanks 1

Thread title:  "Josh was the reason..."

If Jesus is the reason for the season, maybe "Josh was the reason for the post-season?"  :)

10 hours ago, StraightJ said:

Thread title:  "Josh was the reason..."

If Jesus is the reason for the season, maybe "Josh was the reason for the post-season?"  🙂

Clever GIF by autofeaturebot

On 12/22/2019 at 8:16 AM, seandelevan said:

If Eagles did that chickenshit play calling in the Super Bowl 2 years ago, they would have lost. You have to be aggressive and put the foot to the metal to these fuckers in order to beat them.

• Thanks 1