Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Football Outsiders goes in-depth to rip Josh a new butthole

6 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

This is a really good, technical piece on Josh’s shortcomings.

They go deep into his mechanics and why he isn’t able to get it right.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2019/film-room-josh-allen

I'm not sure if I am going to read it tonight, but does it say whether or not these things are fixable for a guy with less than 2 years under his belt?

Hip might be happy with this.  Last I recall, unlike you, he was openly anti-Josh Allen.  Maybe this can get him to reconcile with you.  

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Josh Allen struggled versus a very talented Ravens defense. A lot of QB's struggle vs the Ravens defense. Allen is a young QB that is still developing.

The article made some valid points about Allen't footwork issues, but they can be fixed.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

1 minute ago, StraightJ said:

I'm not sure if I am going to read it tonight, but does it say whether or not these things are fixable for a guy with less than 2 years under his belt?

Hip might be happy with this.  Last I recall, unlike you, he was openly anti-Josh Allen.  Maybe this can get him to reconcile with you.  

Allen's footwork issues can be fixed. He struggled versus a very talented defense. Buffalo lost by 7 points to the best team in the AFC. It was a learning experience and Allen will get better.

• Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

7 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Josh Allen struggled versus a very talented Ravens defense. A lot of QB's struggle vs the Ravens defense. Allen is a young QB that is still developing.

The article made some valid points about Allen't footwork issues, but they can be fixed.

I think part of what the article was trying to get at is that footwork doesn’t typically take years and years to “get better” at.

Footwork is typically a “learn it the right way and do it” type thing.

The fact that he is still doing it nearly 2 full seasons in, well, not a great sign.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

I am no expert, but I think getting your feet inposition is an anticipatory thing.  The more experience you get the better you will hopefully read defenses and make decisions quicker which gives you more time to set your feet.

I'd like to see their breakdown of Brady over the last month.

Josh's season is pretty easy to break down.

He's been good enough against all the shitty teams.  

Had a good game vs Dallas.

Struggled mightily vs all the good defenses.

It doesn't take much to win with those defense.  Take care of the ball and don't shit all over yourself and this game is very winnable. 

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

The apologetics  here are pretty amazing. I go to a gambling forum that  does not spare words on JA inability.  

What's he really done? Not much of anything.  And he threw 3 ints vs Pats. In Buffalo. All he's done  is make all his mistakes at not  too bad a time, where the defense bailed  him out,one too many times. He isnt going to be good enough to beat Pats in NE. 

20 minutes ago, thinwhiteduke said:

The apologetics  here are pretty amazing. I go to a gambling forum that  does not spare words on JA inability.  

What's he really done? Not much of anything.  And he threw 3 ints vs Pats. In Buffalo. All he's done  is make all his mistakes at not  too bad a time, where the defense bailed  him out,one too many times. He isnt going to be good enough to beat Pats in NE. 

Josh Allen is a young QB that is still developing. Just because he isn't where Mahomes or Watson is doesn't mean he is a failure because he didn't come into the NFL as pro ready as the above mentioned QB's were.

Allen has played much better since the 1st Patriots game, he had 15 TD's compared to 3 interceptions and Allen has 6 rushing TD's.

Allen isn't as bad as some people want to make him out to be.

• Thanks 2

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

30 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Josh Allen is a young QB that is still developing. Just because he isn't where Mahomes or Watson is doesn't mean he is a failure because he didn't come into the NFL as pro ready as the above mentioned QB's were.

Allen has played much better since the 1st Patriots game, he had 15 TD's compared to 3 interceptions and Allen has 6 rushing TD's.

Allen isn't as bad as some people want to make him out to be.

Not as good either really.

A post from a Gambling forum

==============================*

So true. Josh Allen has been Josh Allen all year. That's not going to magically change when they play pats. The bills offense is stagnant and goes on droughts. Patriots simply are the better team. Even if one looks at how both teams competed against the same competition they would see Patriots are better. The numbers are there.  Patriots played Bengals.. blew them out . Bills played bengals.. struggled to beat them . Patriots played dolphins.. blew them out.. bills played dolphins.. struggled to win by more than 10... I can keep going lol bills played jets . Won by 1.. pats played jets .. two blowouts lol. Josh Allen ain't changing . He's a developing qb and simply is not on the level yet. Best thing bills can do in this game is hold pats off for a half

=========================%

some will say, Brady hasn't been good the last few weeks. So what? The entire team has been better than the league. 

Brady isn't going to throw 4 ints like a third stringer. 4 ints and they still only won 17-10.  

5 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

I think part of what the article was trying to get at is that footwork doesn’t typically take years and years to “get better” at.

The fact that he is still doing it nearly 2 full seasons in, well, not a great sign.

He has to unlearn his shitty habits while simultaneously starting from scratch the right way.

He will have an entire offseason to fix it but if he doesn't have good progress going into next year I'm not sure if he will ever get it.

5 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

How important is footwork to accuracy?  I see QBs making sick, accurate throws off of strange platforms every single week.  It's hard to have a clean pocket all the time...you'd better be able to throw accurate passes from thousands of angles.  

Accuracy is just not something you're going to "fix".  Perhaps you can get better at it but I think, more than likely, this is who he is.

But the detail that these guys are going into about footwork and ball placement and all that shit in these articles is silly to me.  I've been around super high level competitive golf my entire life.  The narrative here is similar in that there are a bunch of talking heads spewing data and analytics and stats and techniques and it all has a time and place.  But Jack Nicklaus would laugh in the face of how technical Bryson DeChambeau is with a wedge shot.  

Back to football.  Here's Aaron Rodgers throwing the most accurate pass of the year IMO...a dart to the back corner of the endzone for a TD.  How's his footwork?

spacer.png

Oh, and here's another pretty good QB dropping a dime in the back corner of the endzone.  Fuck.  Footwork.  These websites and bloggers are just trying so hard to sound smart.  

Russel.JPG

6 minutes ago, Buffalo13 said:

How important is footwork to accuracy?  I see QBs making sick, accurate throws off of strange platforms every single week.  It's hard to have a clean pocket all the time...you'd better be able to throw accurate passes from thousands of angles.  

Accuracy is just not something you're going to "fix".  Perhaps you can get better at it but I think, more than likely, this is who he is.

But the detail that these guys are going into about footwork and ball placement and all that shit in these articles is silly to me.  I've been around super high level competitive golf my entire life.  The narrative here is similar in that there are a bunch of talking heads spewing data and analytics and stats and techniques and it all has a time and place.  But Jack Nicklaus would laugh in the face of how technical Bryson DeChambeau is with a wedge shot.  

Back to football.  Here's Aaron Rodgers throwing the most accurate pass of the year IMO...a dart to the back corner of the endzone for a TD.  How's his footwork?

spacer.png

Oh, and here's another pretty good QB dropping a dime in the back corner of the endzone.  Fuck.  Footwork.  These websites and bloggers are just trying so hard to sound smart.  

Russel.JPG

No argument here.

I've said this forever.

But with a guy like Allen, who doesn't naturally have accuracy, footwork is everything.

He has to compensate.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

19 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

No argument here.

I've said this forever.

But with a guy like Allen, who doesn't naturally have accuracy, footwork is everything.

He has to compensate.

Allen's game is more sandlot than pro style IMO, but if Daboll would focus more on Allen's strengths and incorporate more of his improvisation into the playbook, he will become a gunslinger like Farve and he will also have the same negative stats that Farve has.  Future is bright, bask in it for a while...