Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Just how open John Brown was (hard to look at it)

Hard to look at, because you know if Allen throws this accurately, that's the difference in the game.

Difficult for me to get on the "we need a #1 WR" train when we our current WR's are burning defenders and the QB simply can't put it on them. 

brown.png

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Where is the ball at this moment in time? He was obviously having issues with a swiss cheese line. Easier said than done.

3 minutes ago, pkschul said:

Where is the ball at this moment in time? He was obviously having issues with a swiss cheese line. Easier said than done.

He just threw it to Brown.

It was just widely off-target.

Here the side-view.

He threw the ball in 2.87 seconds on this play - which ranks around 12th in the league this week. 

brown2.png

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

This was 2 play before the game ended (turnover on downs).

Can't make out who it is, but someone burned a Ravens CB and a throw would have been a Touchdown.

You can see the receivers hand in the air asking for the ball.

td.png

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

17 hours ago, theAteam said:

I'm not arguing against what you're saying, but you really should start posting videos or gifs. The context I'm seeing on the first image is 3 white jerseys about to decimate our QB. You say this is 2.87 seconds after the snap but I have no context as to what was going on for the 2.7 seconds prior to this frame.

He already threw the ball. To Brown.

He made the right decision.

It was just off target.

I would love to post GIF's but the forum doesn't have enough server space to handle the space that uploaded GIF's take up.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

I was hoping that someone in the “we need to draft a #1 WR” camp should explain how a #1 WR could have helped Josh on this play.

Easy, the 1st round WR would have run the 40 in 3 sec as you already pointed out ... ;D

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

18 hours ago, Flan said:

It looks like he mis read the route brown was going to run.  

18 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

He also must have thought Brown runs a 3 second 40 too lol

Look at Brown's body, there is Zero ZERO indication he is ready to turn up field, much less run backwards.  RIGHT THERE is the reason people are slobbing all over Lamar Jackson.  That's a TD with Jackson because the athlete understands you lead another athlete and you put air under it so the other athlete can run under it if its not perfect.  Meanwhile Allen can't make a most basic of throws and consistently causes his team to not score, especially early in games.  I would bet, if you put any of thebother starters in the NFL and probably the top 10 in the NCAA in that same spot, you have at least 85% completion rate. Its a BASIC throw.  This is what is so damn infuriating with him, he can do shit only like 10 people on the planet can do and he can't do what tens of thousands of others can do routinely.  

• Thanks 1

He was widely inaccurate last sunday. And the worst part is that the ones he missed were the big ones. Plays that would've made the difference. Very similar to the Browns game. 

• Thanks 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

On 12/12/2019 at 2:55 PM, LiterateStylish said:

He just threw it to Brown.

It was just widely off-target.

Here the side-view.

He threw the ball in 2.87 seconds on this play - which ranks around 12th in the league this week. 

brown2.png

I like Allen.  I'm certainly in the group that defends him and sees progress.  However, we lost to the Ravens because of him.  Same thing against the Patriots.  It's absolutely his next step...beating good teams...and he has two weeks in a row to do it.

This pass to Brown was terrible and there are no excuses for it.  If people want to say that Allen thought Brown was going to take it down the middle, I don't buy it.  See it, throw it.  It's NOT complicated.  It's a throw Allen has made 1,000,000 times in his life starting when he was 8 years old in his back yard in that it is simply throwing a deep pass to a wide open guy.  I don't know what the problem could possibly be.  It has got to be in his head at this point.  

The good news is that if he ends up hitting a couple of these, we can really take off and do some damage.  The bad news is, I'm having a hard time picturing him doing it.  Either way, they need to keep dialing these plays up because the design and the WRs are making it work.

• Thanks 1