Sign in to follow this  
Thebowflexbody

What Do Liberals Consider "Wealthy" ? *****

We always hear about how "the wealthy" don't "pay their fair share" (which is bullshit).  We hear about how we should raise taxes on "the wealthy" to pay for all kinds of things.  What is "wealthy"?  What dollar figure?  Please state your opinion on what defines "wealthy".  I'm more than willing to bet that Nancy Pelosi's and Elizabeth Warren's definition is A LOT LOWER than mine.  How much money makes a person "wealthy / "rich"?  Thanks.

22 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

We always hear about how "the wealthy" don't "pay their fair share (which is bullshit).  We hear about how we should raise taxes on "the wealthy" to pay for all kinds of things.  What is "wealthy"?  What dollar figure?  Please state your opinion on what defines "wealthy".  I'm more than willing to bet that Nancy Pelosi's and Elizabeth Warren's definition is A LOT LOWER than mine.  How much money makes a person "wealthy / "rich"?  Thanks.

What is the least amount of money you alone could live per year after taxes?

flat,550x550,075,f.u5.jpg

pelosi-net-worth.jpg?resize=450,300&ssl=

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

8 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Makes no sense.  And don't answer a question with a question.  

55 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

My definition of wealthy? 

Probably anyone with a net worth over 500k. 

What is the least amount of money you could live on? No family, living where you are, what amount of money after taxes do you need to live comfortably?

1 hour ago, Thebowflexbody said:

We always hear about how "the wealthy" don't "pay their fair share" (which is bullshit).  We hear about how we should raise taxes on "the wealthy" to pay for all kinds of things.  What is "wealthy"?  What dollar figure?  Please state your opinion on what defines "wealthy".  I'm more than willing to bet that Nancy Pelosi's and Elizabeth Warren's definition is A LOT LOWER than mine.  How much money makes a person "wealthy / "rich"?  Thanks.

To the elite liberals trying to get elected, they say bazillionaires are the target, but when you  dig deeper, it's like anyone who makes more than 30k per year.  It's a bait and switch topic.  IMO those who make more than 100mil per year)( not referring to total monies amassed but per year.)  

I say make it a flat tax period mo exceptions that ALL of us have skin in the game.

58 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

What? Depends: Single? Married? Have kids? How many? Do they go to college? Expensive college or community college? Do you need a car to commute to your job? How many cars?(if married). Cable tv? Cell phone? Live in a high tax state or a low tax state?

a million variables to that question

1 hour ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Excellent investments I suppose.  LOL.  I'd like to hire her financial adviser.

I know him, his name is Mr. Insider Trading and he has a friend Mr. Government Incentives.

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

9 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

I know him, his name is Mr. Insider Trading and he has a friend Mr. Government Incentives.

9 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Mr. Insider Trading

No way! The govt nails those people! Just ask Martha Stewart

7 minutes ago, Down and Out said:

To the elite liberals trying to get elected, they say bazillionaires are the target, but when you  dig deeper, it's like anyone who makes more than 30k per year.  It's a bait and switch topic.  IMO those who make more than 100mil per year)( not referring to total monies amassed but per year.)  

I say make it a flat tax period mo exceptions that ALL of us have skin in the game.

Wow really dude 30k where did you "dig deeper" to find that or did you just pull it out of your ass. Never mind I know the answer.

As far as what do liberals consider wealthy I can only speak for myself and keep in mind I used to be registered independent for many years until I decided I wanted a vote in the primaries that counted.

It is difficult to answer but I don't think it would be any different regardless of political affiliation. Most people I have seen throughout my life spend sooo much money on stupid shit it is unreal the cash must literally burn a hole in some peoples pockets unless they spend it whereas if they just did smart thing with their money earlier well then hell you could say 40-50k a year salary for 30 years would do it.

However if any of you wingnuts every really listened to some of these candidates they are only talking about the elites mainly the top 1%... Ever heard anyone say that like a bazillion times before?

Also must mention I hate the tax bracket jumps it really should increase more gradual from bottom to top. Lower at the bottom and higher at the top I can't fathom why anyone wouldn't be able to grasp that concept.

https://financeweb.org/personal-finance/new-tax-brackets-2018/

23 minutes ago, jc856 said:

What? Depends: Single? Married? Have kids? How many? Do they go to college? Expensive college or community college? Do you need a car to commute to your job? How many cars?(if married). Cable tv? Cell phone? Live in a high tax state or a low tax state?

What part of you alone dont you understand?

Own a car, 30 minute total commute per day. Bills for all basic needs.

2 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

What part of you alone dont you understand?

Own a car, 30 minute total commute per day. Bills for all basic needs.

My apologies. My eyeballz skipped right over “alone”. 

40 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

What is the least amount of money you could live on? No family, living where you are, what amount of money after taxes do you need to live comfortably?

I could do it with 30K easy.

I think you can have all your needs met for 30k, roughly 15/hour for 40 hrs/week. 10$/hr would be sacrificing some luxuries.

38 minutes ago, jc856 said:

Said pretty much the same thing to the guy a ways back.  Tons of variables.  He's simplified it somewhat now so I said 30K above for just myself after taxes.

21 minutes ago, jc856 said:

No way! The govt nails those people! Just ask Martha Stewart

694940094001_6095090518001_6095092399001

- Howard Beale, Network

47 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Shazam.  Nasty Nancy's going to be coming after me I guess.  I always thought you had to be a millionaire or something to be wealthy.

There is too many variables I agree... for example as comfortable as I am right now if I got hit by a car and died instantly my wife would be fine if I were to get cancer and it dragged out over time most including myself would likely be broke pretty fast due to our absolute stellar health care system which is a FOR FUCKING PROFIT business.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Thebowflexbody said:

Shazam.  Nasty Nancy's going to be coming after me I guess.  I always thought you had to be a millionaire or something to be wealthy.

Let's face it, if you're in the Middle Class and have a decent home, car, and job you're the "wealthy."

- Howard Beale, Network

3 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

So you need a job around 45k? Around 22 an hour or so?

I have little to no debt and I don't spend beyond my means.  I also don't have crazy tastes.  Money doesn't burn a hole in my pocket too.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SackMan518 said:

Let's face it, if you're in the Middle Class and have a decent home, car, and job you're the "wealthy."

Yep.  You just made my point.  The libs consider pretty much anyone with anything wealthy.  If you're doing okay in life and not hopelessly in debt, you're what they consider wealthy.  They aren't really targeting just the "1%".  That's a load of crap.

11 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

So you need a job around 45k? Around 22 an hour or so?

Totally depends on where you live.

45K a year isn't getting you shit in Miami.

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.