Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Ravens were daring Allen to throw - Left no safeties in the middle of the field

The Ravens have 3 very good cover CB's in Jimmy Smith, Marcus Peters, Marlon Humphrey and an excellent FS in Earl Thomas.

Buffalo's receivers were not consistently getting separation.

Having the talent Baltimore has in the secondary allows them to be very aggressive in the % of cover 0 blitzes they called.

Beane needs to upgrade the WR spot in the offseason, Isaiah McKenzie should not be one of your starting WR's. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

17 minutes ago, theAteam said:

Unfortunately Pittsburgh has good CBs and I expect them to be copying Baltimore's example.

Baltimore's secondary is more talented than Pittsburgh's secondary, IMO.

Daboll knows Pittsburgh will use a lot of cover 0 blitzes to copy Baltimore's gameplan, so it's his responsibility to have answers and practice all the possible blitzes so that the offense is ready and prepared to take advantage of an aggressive defense with quick hitting slant routes, wheel routes, speed outs and screen passes.

• Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

That's not entirely indicative that they don't respect Allen, it's also acknowledging something that I've seen and I've heard countless times by analysts this year - Bills WRs have trouble getting open on 1-on-1 man coverage.  Allen needs to rely on Beasley 100% in any cover 0 looks, he's the one guy I feel wins more than most times in man coverage

2 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Baltimore's secondary is more talented than Pittsburgh's secondary, IMO.

Daboll knows Pittsburgh will use a lot of cover 0 blitzes to copy Baltimore's gameplan, so it's his responsibility to have answers and practice all the possible blitzes so that the offense is ready and prepared to take advantage of an aggressive defense with quick hitting slant routes, wheel routes, speed outs and screen passes.

Where we're those quick hitting routes on Sunday when Allen was getting shelled?

• Like 1

this is not what is being said right now in a tweet by Cover 1 to the ------>

Apparently whatever defense the Ravens was throwing at us was to complex for our staff to figure out.

And if I remember correctly you posted a chart yesterday where we threw the majority of our passes outside the numbers which makes no sense, A. Because Allen is way more comfortable inside the numbers and B. you are saying the middle was open.

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

12 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Ravens knew Allen can’t connect deep so they left no safeties back on tons of plays and basically dared him to hit one.

Yup. The mystery of why Allen's long ball disappeared into deep space remains unsolved. Makes you wonder how much better we would be if he could hit on a few of them. Not all. Just a few. 

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

3 hours ago, miamibillsnut said:

this is not what is being said right now in a tweet by Cover 1 to the ------>

Apparently whatever defense the Ravens was throwing at us was to complex for our staff to figure out.

And if I remember correctly you posted a chart yesterday where we threw the majority of our passes outside the numbers which makes no sense, A. Because Allen is way more comfortable inside the numbers and B. you are saying the middle was open.

Exactly...

Im not sure what you’re not getting...

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

10 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

That's not entirely indicative that they don't respect Allen, it's also acknowledging something that I've seen and I've heard countless times by analysts this year - Bills WRs have trouble getting open on 1-on-1 man coverage.  Allen needs to rely on Beasley 100% in any cover 0 looks, he's the one guy I feel wins more than most times in man coverage

There were guys open.

everywhere

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

9 hours ago, nealpellecchia@yahoo said:

Where we're those quick hitting routes on Sunday when Allen was getting shelled?

Daboll needs to do a better job with his play calling by using TE screens, RB screens, FB screens and quick hitting pass routes to the recievers.

Daboll needed to make in game adjustments to the heavy percentage of cover 0 blitzing that Baltimore was doing.

Instead Daboll made a bunch of excuses in his press conference how it's hard to run screen passes and it's hard to beat blitzes. That is a terrible job of leadership and a terrible job of accountability. I'm not sure why Daboll is getting a free pass on having his team unprepared to face Baltimore despite having 10 days to prepare for them.

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

17 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

There were guys open.

everywhere

I like to make sweeping generalizations all the time to push your agenda.

On some plays the WR were open, on other plays the WR's were covered.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

1 hour ago, Victor7 said:

Yup. The mystery of why Allen's long ball disappeared into deep space remains unsolved. Makes you wonder how much better we would be if he could hit on a few of them. Not all. Just a few. 

Allen hit Knox on a 27 yard pass, and there should have been a pass interference call on Jimmy Smith on the deep ball to Robert Foster.

2 consecutive dropped balls by Singletary and Beasley would have resulted in a 1st down around the 20 yard line of Baltimore. On other offensive drive Knox dropped a pass that would have resulted in a big game.

Allen also missed some deep ball passes that he has to hit but there is enough blame to go around and it's not just Allen's fault.

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

10 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Buffalo's WR's have struggled to consistently be open vs Man coverage this year. 

Teams are starting to pay more attention to John Brown to try and take him away from Allen by rotating coverage towards Brown or using bracket coverage.

I haven't see Isiah McKenzie consistently beating coverage all year long. Buffalo can do better than McKenzie at WR and Robert Foster should be getting more reps.

The talent level at WR needs to be upgraded in the offseason through a trade or free agency or the draft.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

34 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Daboll needs to do a better job with his play calling by using TE screens, RB screens, FB screens and quick hitting pass routes to the recievers.

Daboll needed to make in game adjustments to the heavy percentage of cover 0 blitzing that Baltimore was doing.

Instead Daboll made a bunch of excuses in his press conference how it's hard to run screen passes and it's hard to beat blitzes. That is a terrible job of leadership and a terrible job of accountability. I'm not sure why Daboll is getting a free pass on having his team unprepared to face Baltimore despite having 10 days to prepare for them.

Serious question.....why do you think that a coach can just dial up different plays and they are just going to.....work?

Thats the problem with ALL these critiques of coaches.

"Just run different plays!" they say. As if its that easy. That all Daboll had to do was dial up a screen of some sort and and whammo......three TDs and 300 free yards.

Its such an intellectually bankrupt argument that people make every time a team loses. And to illustrate how bankrupt they are, how many "fire everyone!!!!!" posts would there be if John Brown caught that last ball and they won in OT? Exact same game down the line except that last play was a catch. Solid money is on zero.

Just now, RkFast said:

Serious question.....why do you think that a coach can just dial up different plays and they are just going to.....work.

Thats the problem with ALL these critiques of coaches.

"Just run different plays!" they say. As if its that easy. That all Daboll had to do was dial up a screen and whammo......three TDs and 300 free yards.

Its such an intellectually bankrupt argument that people make every time a team loses. And to illustrate how bankrupt they are, how many "fire everyone!!!!!" posts would there be if John Brown caught that last ball and they won in OT? Solid money is on zero.

Daboll had 10 days to prepare a good game plan and the offense was unprepared to face Baltimore, that's a failure in coaching.

Daboll failed to call screen passes until way too late in the game. In the press conference he was making excuses for the screen passes, but guess what screen passes work for every other team including for Baltimore in that game.

Execution is important but so is good play calling. If you see Baltimore is being very aggressive and blitzing heavy, you have to make the right play calls anticipating blitzes by calling quick hitting passes and screen passes.

If Daboll does his job and prepares the offense after a 10 days than I won't criticize him. If Daboll has good play calling and makes in game adjustments I'm not criticizing him. If Buffalo has even an NFL above average scoring offense than I won't criticize him. The offensive production is not acceptable and Daboll has to do a much better job as an OC if he doesn't want to be fired in the offseason.

It's laszy analysis to blame the QB for all of the offenses problems and not question the terrible play calling and inexcusable lack of in game adjustments by Daboll. Buffalo has the 30th ranked offense in terms of points scored last year and has the 20th ranked scoring offense this year, but you want to defend him. Maybe Daboll needs to do a better job as an OC, maybe he has to be held accountable. Buffalo under utilizes play action passes, under utilizes screen passes. But please continue to make excuses for Daboll who has never coached an above average scoring offense in the NFL as an OC.

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

43 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Allen hit Knox on a 27 yard pass, and there should have been a pass interference call on Jimmy Smith on the deep ball to Robert Foster.

2 consecutive dropped balls by Singletary and Beasley would have resulted in a 1st down around the 20 yard line of Baltimore. On other offensive drive Knox dropped a pass that would have resulted in a big game.

Allen also missed some deep ball passes that he has to hit but there is enough blame to go around and it's not just Allen's fault.

Ok I guess ?

Who said anything about Allen being the only culprit ?? I certainly didn't.  .... the drops have nothing to do with the thread's premise which is the long ball. They sucked. But are irrelevant in this conversation. You have once again my friend fallen into the lack of comprehension category. 

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

1 hour ago, Victor7 said:

Ok I guess ?

Who said anything about Allen being the only culprit ?? I certainly didn't.  .... the drops have nothing to do with the thread's premise which is the long ball. They sucked. But are irrelevant in this conversation. You have once again my friend fallen into the lack of comprehension category. 

There were plays left on the field. If Beasley, Singletary and Knox make catches than drives get extended and Buffalo is in the redzone with a chance to score.

Yes Allen needs to connect on more deep ball, but the offense under performed as a whole. 

If the refs did there jobs and called the pass inference on Jimmy Smith than the offenses drive is extended and Buffalo has a chance to score more points.

If Daboll does a better job with play calling and in game adjustment than the offense has a chance to have more extended drives that finish with points being put on the board.

Of course Allen needs to play better and connect on deep balls but there is more than enough blame to go around for the offense under performing.

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

It's no secret and I'm a little surprised that no other teams have done this. The main reason is what many mentioned already, Ravens had the corners to be able to do it. It's not a big secret though. Make Allen beat you with his arm until he shows he can do it. You just need the personnel. 

My Retired AAB is Kyle Williams...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

U.S.Navy, Retired 1986-2015

4 hours ago, Victor7 said:

Ok I guess ?

You can beat the blitz by hitting the long ball or hitting short to intermediate passes.

The screen pass to Singletary that resulted in a big game was brought back because of a holding penalty.

Knox dropped a catchable ball that would have resulted in a 1st down and put Buffalo at the 18 yard line.

Beasley dropped a catchable ball that would have resulted in a 1st down and put Buffalo at the 50 yard line.

So people can criticize Allen for not hitting more deep ball passes, which he must improve. But Allen did hit short and intermediate passes that would have extended offensive drives if there weren't drops or a holding penalty.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg