Can someone please explain to me what exactly makes Allen a good QB? 

-He constantly misses open receivers

-He's erratic in the pocket

-He doesn't have very good ball security 

-He NEVER hits the deep ball 

-He doesn't throw for a lot of yards or TD's.

Besides his athletic ability what am I missing here? I just don't see it with him right now. 

36 minutes ago, Klaista said:

Besides his athletic ability what am I missing here? I just don't see it with him right now. 

They traded up to get him with their number one pick, and they aren't going to give up on him for Barkley after less than 2 years. Who by the way, would have been toast if he had been facing the Ravens pass rush.

The Bills have been awful for the better part of 20 years, and when they finally start to show signs of life, people like you have to come along and complain about a great athlete (he is) with a great arm, who didn't play in an NFL system in college and at the moment is learning on the fly, is just not a good QB. If you know so much about QB's, why don't you tell us what they need to be good or great? Because QB's do not do it all on their own.

Did you watch him play last year? Because if you did, you'd know he's playing a lot better this year.

This team is better than they were last year, and hopefully will be even better next year. Stick around, or don't it's entirely up to you.

20 hours ago, jamsim67 said:

They traded up to get him with their number one pick, and they aren't going to give up on him for Barkley after less than 2 years. Who by the way, would have been toast if he had been facing the Ravens pass rush.

The Bills have been awful for the better part of 20 years, and when they finally start to show signs of life, people like you have to come along and complain about a great athlete (he is) with a great arm, who didn't play in an NFL system in college and at the moment is learning on the fly, is just not a good QB. If you know so much about QB's, why don't you tell us what they need to be good or great? Because QB's do not do it all on their own.

Did you watch him play last year? Because if you did, you'd know he's playing a lot better this year.

This team is better than they were last year, and hopefully will be even better next year. Stick around, or don't it's entirely up to you.

You never answered my question. 

I asked what exactly makes Allen a quality NFL QB?

I'm still waiting for a good response to my question. 

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Klaista said:

I did answer your question

a great athlete (he is) with a great arm, who didn't play in an NFL system in college and at the moment is learning on the fly.

I think he's doing a pretty good job. He's done nothing but get better.

So as for you, stick around and watch , or don't. I don't care

Oh shut up you negative ninny.

Allen is 9-4 this year.  Makes playoffs with one win out of next 3.  Not too bad.  Allen is good and will continue to get better.

• Thanks 2

Annoy a liberal..

Work - Succeed - Be Happy

mj.gif

I may be wrong, but I am never in doubt.....

On 12/8/2019 at 5:54 PM, Klaista said:

24 touchdowns to 11 turnovers -- over the last 7 games, it's 11 TDs to 1 INT

9 games with a TD both on the ground and through the air

8 straight games with two TDs

5 4th qtr comebacks, 7 game winning drives

and he's 14-11 (so far) over his first two years and has led the team to 9-4 this year -- this is a really small sample, but 14-11 is a 56% winning percentage, same as Phillip Rivers -- who many consider a very good QB, and Allen is just getting started.

He works hard, plays with passion, and continues to work on and improve his game.

His athleticism allows him to make up for the many deficiencies of this OL

Let's just start with that.

• Thanks 2

No, this is all in good fun...I would never say this to your face...well, okay, but I'd say it with a smile

On 12/8/2019 at 5:54 PM, Klaista said:

He was putting it together until Sunday when his coaches failed him . Ok he gets nervous and misses throws but usually finds his bearings and wins. Receiver drops also failed him.

4 hours ago, Hayward89 said:

24 touchdowns to 11 turnovers -- over the last 7 games, it's 11 TDs to 1 INT

9 games with a TD both on the ground and through the air

8 straight games with two TDs

5 4th qtr comebacks, 7 game winning drives

and he's 14-11 (so far) over his first two years and has led the team to 9-4 this year -- this is a really small sample, but 14-11 is a 56% winning percentage, same as Phillip Rivers -- who many consider a very good QB, and Allen is just getting started.

He works hard, plays with passion, and continues to work on and improve his game.

His athleticism allows him to make up for the many deficiencies of this OL

Let's just start with that.

I get that he works hard and plays with passion but that doesn't equate into being a good NFL quarterback.

If that were the case JP Losman would've have a good quarterback.

What makes Allen good is probably less to do with his physical skills and more to do with his heart, drive and desire. Plays like "The hurdle" in Minnesota last year, the fumble recovery in Dallas, driving to the end zone, taking hits to get that extra yard instead of sliding. That's what sets him apart. 

• Thanks 2

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

On 12/8/2019 at 8:54 PM, Klaista said:

He is inaccurate on long balls this year.  Last year he was not.

Otherwise he is not inaccurate this year.

he is a leader and improving his game from colege to year 1 and now year 2.  You don't know how far he can go.

His pocket pressence has gotten better this year. See Dallas game.  He is not perfect yet.

When you say athletic ability I assume you include his legs and running ability.

I get that he works hard and plays with passion but that doesn't equate into being a good NFL quarterback.

If that were the case JP Losman would've have a good quarterback.

Thank you Debbie Downer.  Enjoy that half empty glass.

1 hour ago, HipKat said:

What makes Allen good is probably less to do with his physical skills and more to do with his heart, drive and desire. Plays like "The hurdle" in Minnesota last year, the fumble recovery in Dallas, driving to the end zone, taking hits to get that extra yard instead of sliding. That's what sets him apart. 

I get that he can make plays with his legs but when it comes to throwing the ball he's not very good.

He's 32nd (dead last) in completion %, 19th in passing yards, 18th in touchdowns, and 23rd in QB rating.

The number's don't lie. He's just not that good. 

Just now, Klaista said:

I get that he can make plays with his legs but when it comes to throwing the ball he's not very good.

He's 32nd (dead last) in completion %, 19th in passing yards, 18th in touchdowns, and 23rd in QB rating.

And yet, we're 9-4 and can clinch a playoff berth this week

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

2 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Thank you Debbie Downer.  Enjoy that half empty glass.

Just trying to be honest. Don't see what's wrong with that. 

Just now, HipKat said:

And yet, we're 9-4 and can cinch a playoff birth this week

That's because we have a top 3 defense. 

10 minutes ago, Klaista said:

Just trying to be honest. Don't see what's wrong with that. 

So what's your plan at QB?  Barkley?  Cut/trade Allen and draft another one?  If so, who would you target?  Solutions are always welcome to go along with the complaints.

• Thanks 1

I have a good friend who is a Philly fan. He's still not convinced Wentz is the answer. There's always going to be doubters. I was on the fence up until just a few weeks ago about putting in Barkley.

11 hours ago, Gilly said:

Allen is 9-4 this year.  Makes playoffs with one win out of next 3.  Not too bad.  Allen is good and will continue to get better.

He's actually 10-3 without the moronic special teams play vs. New England. 

• Like 1

Are you looking for permission to dislike him or are you just trying to get others on board with you or are you trying to get others to talk you out of disliking him? We’ve all seen the same games you have, and hope he gets better. 

so as Jamsim said, stick around and watch, or don’t. We will all find out together.

• Thanks 2

Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.

If your criteria for "Good QB" is being top 16 in statistics, then no he's not a good QB. Most of his stats stink.

They also aren't telling the whole story, like how many 4th quarter game-winning drives he completes. Of course you can point to the defense keeping us in games but when the game is on the line and we are down we've seen time and time again he steps up and makes the plays needed to win.

5 hours ago, Klaista said:

So - the glass is half empty and it's actually piss.

Allen iis the right QB for Buffalo.  Trust one who knows. 

8 hours ago, HipKat said:

I'll take Rocky over Creed all day. Let's hope hes our guy!

We will win the East!! Go Bills!!

Another performance like we saw against the Ravens vs the Steelers and you better believe fans will start shitting their pants in panic.

Orinally Posted by seandelevan

A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio

If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”