Sign in to follow this  
Meathead

Appeals court says banks must turn over Trump financial records to House Democrats

Two banks must turn over President Donald Trump's financial records to the Democrat-controlled US House of Representatives, dealing another blow to the President's efforts to block Congress' move to obtain his financial records, a federal appeals court in New York ruled Tuesday.

The House Intelligence and Financial Services committees had subpoenaed the banks, Deutsche Bank and Capital One, for records including Trump's tax returns and those of his family members.

"The Committees' interests in pursuing their constitutional legislative function is a far more significant public interest than whatever public interest inheres in avoiding the risk of a Chief Executive's distraction arising from disclosure of documents reflecting his private financial transactions," the court said Tuesday.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/03/politics/deutsche-bank-trump-financial-documents-2nd-circuit/index.html

perfect

the appeal to the sc should be concluded right about when the senate trial starts

with michael cohen pointing out where the bodies are, this will just throw more kerosene on the public opinion bonfire that will be raging against shitbubble

they only need 20 republicans to break ranks to get a conviction. i think it will be a lot more than that

• Like 1
  • Trump 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga

Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

That's great. I expect to see the financial records of every politician on the hill as well since they're setting precedent. How do they get so rich on salaries under $200K? This will not end well for them.

• Like 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

11 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

That's great. I expect to see the financial records of every politician on the hill as well since they're setting precedent. How do they get so rich on salaries under $200K? This will not end well for them.

Yes indeed.  Every single one of them.

that's fine with me. But they are the ones who make the rules so they aren't going to make a law like that so forget about it

But there is a precedent for presidential candidates. We want our presidents to be clean, at least when it comes to their financial dealings. Which is an utterly comical sentence when you consider how filthy this president is when it comes to his financial dealings

All I care about is that it seems very unlikely that SC is going to even bother to rule on that precedent. I doubt they even hear the case, they'll probably just go with the lower Court's ruling

This is setting up to be a nice big dose of napalm dropped right into the middle of the Senate trial. Even the most apolitical of Americans are going to care when a president who is being put on trial is found to have boatloads of financial crimes committed, including ones related to the election

Senate Republicans are going to be tripping over themselves to condemn and distance themself from this piece of disgusting slime. Getting 20 votes out of them is going to be a piece of cake

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Meathead said:

that's fine with me. But they are the ones who make the rules so they aren't going to make a law like that so forget about it

But there is a precedent for presidential candidates. We want our presidents to be clean, at least when it comes to their financial dealings. Which is an utterly comical sentence when you consider how filthy this president is when it comes to his financial dealings

All I care about is that it seems very unlikely that SC is going to even bother to rule on that precedent. I doubt they even hear the case, they'll probably just go with the lower Court's ruling

This is setting up to be a nice big dose of napalm dropped right into the middle of the Senate trial. Even the most apolitical of Americans are going to care when a president who is being put on trial is found to have boatloads of financial crimes committed, including ones related to the election

Senate Republicans are going to be tripping over themselves to condemn and distance themself from this piece of disgusting slime. Getting 20 votes out of them is going to be a piece of cake

Yeah, very doubtful. You're forgetting that Obama weaponized the IRS against Conservative groups and if there were anything damning in those tax returns it would have leaked during the campaign. Trump knows he's clean and he knows they know he's clean but he's setting them up for another pie in the face right in front of the public and they're just walking into it again. Their only strategy is to repeat lies often enough that even the most critical of minds relent and start accepting them as truth. Psych 101 there buddy. Look up the Dune Affect which basically states that whoever controls the media controls the people's opinions.

• Thanks 1
  • Barf 1

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

Yeah, very doubtful. You're forgetting that Obama weaponized the IRS against Conservative groups

Right wing bullshit

• Thanks 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Finger 1

2 hours ago, Professor Pigworth said:

If there wasn't something shady that needed to be hidden, then surely Donald wouldn't have gone to such lengths all this time to hide it.

It's the sequel to his best selling book but this one is called "The Art of the Troll."

- Howard Beale, Network

3 minutes ago, 212frawk said:

lol, president crime spree spending millions in legal fees to own the libs.

Lolz

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

17 hours ago, 212frawk said:

wait.  So you're saying you agree that YES!, elected officials should give full and complete financial disclosures.

Welcome to the rational world Jethro.  We've been hopeful you would escape the cult with a tiny piece of your brain in tact.  Bravo!

Don’t confuse him with common sense. LOL

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 minute ago, HipKat said:

Don’t confuse him with common sense. LOL

still waiting for him to respond.  he's probably waiting for s0s to say something so he can just parrot that.

lol

ECQKgbmW4AAkI5n.jpg:large

18 minutes ago, 212frawk said:

still waiting for him to respond.  he's probably waiting for s0s to say something so he can just parrot that.

Instructions from his leader

• Like 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

22 hours ago, Meathead said:

Two banks must turn over President Donald Trump's financial records to the Democrat-controlled US House of Representatives, dealing another blow to the President's efforts to block Congress' move to obtain his financial records, a federal appeals court in New York ruled Tuesday.

The House Intelligence and Financial Services committees had subpoenaed the banks, Deutsche Bank and Capital One, for records including Trump's tax returns and those of his family members.

"The Committees' interests in pursuing their constitutional legislative function is a far more significant public interest than whatever public interest inheres in avoiding the risk of a Chief Executive's distraction arising from disclosure of documents reflecting his private financial transactions," the court said Tuesday.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/03/politics/deutsche-bank-trump-financial-documents-2nd-circuit/index.html

perfect

the appeal to the sc should be concluded right about when the senate trial starts

with michael cohen pointing out where the bodies are, this will just throw more kerosene on the public opinion bonfire that will be raging against shitbubble

they only need 20 republicans to break ranks to get a conviction. i think it will be a lot more than that

Never go full retard 

Oh too late for you

TDS is a terrible thing

2 minutes ago, HappyWolverine said:

Never go full retard 

Oh too late for you

TDS is a terrible thing

Speaking of full retards..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, direbills said:

Speaking of full retards..........

yup there you are..another one. So sad

It's ok, truth is the antidote from TDS for you and your little infected boyfriends on here that you need to cheer each other on 😃

On 12/3/2019 at 2:50 PM, 212frawk said:

wait.  So you're saying you agree that YES!, elected officials should give full and complete financial disclosures.

Welcome to the rational world Jethro.  We've been hopeful you would escape the cult with a tiny piece of your brain in tact.  Bravo!

wow you really impressed your five little TDS buddies with that. Bravo!

Hero of the day award

You`re still getting smashed next year 😃  How bout that for an impression

• Trump 1

"Dah comrade, if de Donald has nothing to hide then he should be happy to have us look at his financial records."

Said every fascist ever.

- Howard Beale, Network