Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Bills can clinch a playoff birth against Ravens

Simple scenario. Two things need to happen:

1) Bills Win 

2) Raiders Lose

Those two things happen and the Bills will clinch a playoff spot with a staggering 3 games remaining!

Steelers, Patriots and Jets game would only matter for seeding.

EDIT: This changed with Houston's upset win against NE last night.

• Thanks 2

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Nice, I hope the team knows that ahead of time and is fueled by it.

Playing the Titans too; definitely a loseable game.

Raiders are folding hard.

Wouldn't be (likely no one would be) surprised if Mayock/Gruden move Carr for a pick.  Maybe a 3rd and change, maybe a 2nd.

The wild thing is the best fit is probably the Chargers.  I doubt Mayock and Gruden have the cajones to move him in the division.  Carr with Allen, Williams and Ekeler would have a shot at reviving his career.

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

They better be able to run the ball against the Ravens, because the run game will set up the passing game.

Just like McDermott and his coaching staff are doing, the Ravens coaching staff are working on how to keep Allen in the pocket. So the running game, and successful quick passes will be the order of the day.

This is a winnable game

If the Texans win this game the Bills cannot clinch next week.   Scenario is remote but it still exists even with a bills win and raiders loss.

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

22 minutes ago, miamibillsnut said:

If the Texans win this game the Bills cannot clinch next week.   Scenario is remote but it still exists even with a bills win and raiders loss.

That’s a good point.

It would increase our odds to 99% but wouldn’t clinch.

• Haha 1

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

38 minutes ago, JoeFerguson said:

Patriots lose to KC next week.

We take the division after beating the Patriots.

Pats will finish  13-3

4 minutes ago, thinwhiteduke said:

Pats will finish  13-3

You said Browns would win today, I told you they would lose. Therefore, your predictions are no longer valid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JoeFerguson said:

You said Browns would win today, I told you they would lose. Therefore, your predictions are no longer valid.

I also said redskins and dolphins  would win today.my predictions are beyond valid 

2 for 3, oh darn gee whiz 

11 minutes ago, thinwhiteduke said:

I also said redskins and dolphins  would win today.my predictions are beyond valid 

2 for 3, oh darn gee whiz 

So what happened to the Browns/Steelers game. How come they didn't follow the script?

10 minutes ago, JoeFerguson said:

So what happened to the Browns/Steelers game. How come they didn't follow the script?

They obviously  did follow it. Where did I say  I bat 1000?   

I hate being like Sean here, but I have seen this before.  I mean no start like 9-3 ending in heart ache before but I have seen several times us not getting it done.  I don't like the Ravens, the Steelers in prime time (then again, the last time we played them on Sunday night, back in 1992, we won so there is that), the Pats, or even the Jets.  December is very nasty IMVHO.  I would be quite content with one more in and going to the playoffs under our own power, and I think that we can get 1 more win in there.  However, if everything fell into place, well I certainly would not complain.  I still think this team is a year away, but again no complaints if we go for it all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It would be hard to screw it up if they beat Baltimore. They need to get that tenth win in the next two games.

9 hours ago, JoeFerguson said:

Patriots lose to KC next week.

We take the division after beating the Patriots.

Simple Scenario: Pats lose to KC this week, Bills win out. We would be the #1 seed because we would have the head to head tie breaker with Baltimore and Pats finish at 12 -4. Let's do it!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Herodotus said:

I hate being like Sean here, but I have seen this before.  I mean no start like 9-3 ending in heart ache before but I have seen several times us not getting it done.  I don't like the Ravens, the Steelers in prime time (then again, the last time we played them on Sunday night, back in 1992, we won so there is that), the Pats, or even the Jets.  December is very nasty IMVHO.  I would be quite content with one more in and going to the playoffs under our own power, and I think that we can get 1 more win in there.  However, if everything fell into place, well I certainly would not complain.  I still think this team is a year away, but again no complaints if we go for it all.

Buffalo is now the Prime Time King, look at our recent track record, lol.

Pats win a tie breaker based on common game victory margin if the Bills tie their record. Pats have to lose 2 and Bills win out to take the division.