Sign in to follow this  
SabresFan220

Eichel leads Sabres to victory over rival Maple Leafs

NHL: Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo SabresTimothy T. Ludwig-USA TODAY Sports

After falling behind 2-0, a four-goal charge propels Buffalo over Toronto

Final Score: Maple Leafs 4 | Sabres 6

Shots: Maple Leafs 29 | Sabres 34

Buffalo Goalscorers: Jeff Skinner (10), Jack Eichel (15, 16), Casey Mittelstadt (4), Victor Olofsson (10), Jimmy Vesey (3)

Toronto Goalscorers: John Tavares (8, 9), Dmytro Timashov (2), Kasperi Kapanen (8)

Plus-1: Goals

Finally. A flood of goals from the Buffalo Sabres to try to wash away the dry and dusty previous few weeks. Some of the goals even came from a player that isn’t named Jack Eichel. Victor Olofsson gets another 5-on-5 tally, Mittelstadt does...something, and...

Plus-1: Vese-streak

Three games, three goals for Jimmy Vesey. It took 24 games for the former-and-current Buffalo Sabre to get on the board, but since that time, he’s been nearly unstoppable. Hyperbole? Maybe. But it sure is fun to watch Vesey be effective after watching him stumble through the first quarter of the season like a newborn baby colt. Quiet confidence has made a difference for the young forward, and hopefully he can continue to roll.

Mark it: that's a three-game goal streak for @19Vesey!

It's 5-3! #Sabres50 pic.twitter.com/3dL4NsADcl

— Buffalo Sabres (@BuffaloSabres) November 29, 2019

Minus-1: 4-Leaf?

It is great to get a win, for sure. It is nice to hang six goals on a team you should beat. The players are hyped, the crowd loves it, Ralph Krueger is...excited...probably? There should be a celebration for the squad; the win gives them a tie in the standings with these very Leafs, with the chance to overtake them tomorrow night. BUT...letting the Leafs put four behind your goaltender is less than ideal. Buffalo’s goaltenders have really kept the Sabres relevant, and while the team gave Linus Ullmark scoring support, it would also be nice to bail the goalies out defensively.

Plus-1: Jack Eichel

The Sabres’ captain has 14 goals on the season - sixth in the league. There is little question that he is the catalyst for the Sabres, and has been by far the key to any success the team has had this season. He finished the game tonight leading all skaters with eight shots and had two goals to show for it. He is the embodiment of Buffalo’s hopes and dreams, and is doing everything he can to drag a seemingly reluctant team to victory, night in and night out.

Even: Streaks

In the immortal words of Lou Brown, “We won a game yesterday, if we win one today that’s two in a row. If we win one tomorrow that’s called a winning streak.” Buffalo has three out of their last four possible points - five out of their last eight. As the season progresses, that points percentage is going to need to stay at this pace if the team has any hope of playing games after April 4.

Overall: Plus-2

Beating a bitter rival on Black Friday has the makings of the feelgood story of the season so far - a high-scoring affair with everything you’d expect from a team that’s in the midst of its own identity crisis. Still, the game was closer than it should have been and the thing about results - even positive results - is that they are only significant when they are repeatable. Once a result like this becomes the rule rather than the exception, the Sabres will finally be in a good place.

View the full article

rangesig_zps4bf1ae5b.jpg

My Adopt A Sabre:Patrick Kaleta

My Adopt a Buffalo Bandit: John Tavares

Get Paid to watch commercials http://www.varolo.com/village/Tjm220

After the initial excitement of the first couple of games, it’s kinda hard getting up for them anymore.

• Thanks 1

Yup I watch in semi doing something esle and having the game on in ithe background deal...last night I was playing WOT computer game while having the Sabres game running on the tablet beside me...you know 1 thing I dont want to hear anymore is "Trade Eichel". or Eichels not good/elite" He is all that he is a legit elite player..THE GM HAS STUCK HIM ON A TEAM WITH 1/2 a NHL Roster 1/2 a non NHL caliber/call up from AHL caliber roster thats the issue...and mostly because of shit contracts like Okposos is handcuffing them

Adopt a Bill

11594018.jpg

30 minutes ago, CBennett said:

Yup I watch in semi doing something esle and having the game on in ithe background deal...last night I was playing WOT computer game while having the Sabres game running on the tablet beside me...you know 1 thing I dont want to hear anymore is "Trade Eichel". or Eichels not good/elite" He is all that he is a legit elite player..THE GM HAS STUCK HIM ON A TEAM WITH 1/2 a NHL Roster 1/2 a non NHL caliber/call up from AHL caliber roster thats the issue...and mostly because of shit contracts like Okposos is handcuffing them

Click each player one at a time and see how many 1st and 2nd round picks this team has. It's ridiculous. We should be the NE Patriots of Hockey

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/roster/

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

5 hours ago, HipKat said:

Click each player one at a time and see how many 1st and 2nd round picks this team has. It's ridiculous. We should be the NE Patriots of Hockey

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/roster/

yes BUT there are simply guys on this team that do little to nothing and if you compare the Sabres to NHL PLAYOFF caliber teams dont belong on a decent team and would be not on or AHL callup caliber guys for a good team...Others are good players but out of position or "up lined" because we simply have nothing better. A few young guys that need,needed,should be in Rochester learning but are here but could be good..thats the difference..

Legit guys:

Eichel

Reinhart

Skinner

Guys that are good but laying out of position up lined or otherwise not where they should be in a lineup that is a good solid NHL playoff caliber roster

Johansson(Good player but he isnt a 2nd line C but he IS a legit 2nd line winger

Olaufsson(i think right now on a LEGIT 2nd line he is better off than on the first) 

Guys that should be in Rochester learning

Mittlestadt

Guys that have ZERO BUSINESS on this team or any legit NHL PLAYOFF caliber roster

Girgs

Sabotka

Okposo

ERod

guys im not sure about

Vesey

Guys that need replaced by STARTING CALIBER guys

BOTH GOALIES

Keep Ullmark as a backup get a LEGIT starter

D is mostly "ok" but you have too many and need to get rid of some...those guys that need to go are

Scandella

Risto

OR

Mccabe

Bogo

simply put you have way way too much NON STARTER QUALITY to bad/poor players playing here VS a playoff caliber team.

Adopt a Bill

11594018.jpg