Coach'sUncle'sSon

It was tough watching Frank Gore...

I found it really tough watching Frank Gore on obvious running downs. I'm not knocking Gore, I'm knocking Daboll.

With Gore in on 1st downs, the opponent keys on the RB regardless who it is, really. 

I'm pretty sure the Cowboys opened the game with a pass on the first play, NOT a run.

Also, when we want to run the clock out, it's always Gore--3 plays & punt. You can't do shit like this when you have 5 minutes left and the opponent has multiple time-outs left. When Dallas turned over that series with the bad pass to Elliott, the Bills got lucky, changing the call deep near our goalline running Singletary around the right corner for 14 yards. This is the exception. 

Allen, at one point up to House Money's last field goal, was 11 of 11 for 130 yards in the 2nd half. When we have over 5 minutes, we should have tossed the ball at least once on 1st down, instead of driving Gore's Average down to 1.2 yards per carry.

• Like 1

It's been like this the last 6 weeks besides Denever.

Teams are green lighting LB's to shoot the gap and come down hill.  They're either meeting Gore 2 yards deep, or worst case scenario Gore is going to end up picking the guy up as a blitzer and not going to be a threat catching the ball.

They need to start going heavy play action and jet sweep motion with Gore in.  Have to have LB's freezing, and not just blowing up Frank.  We cant start drives in the middle of the game 2nd and 13 because dudes are blowing up running lanes once they see Frank's ass on the field.

• Thanks 1

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

That's right! As soon as they see Frank on the field they know what the play is. 

I'm watching the game again on NFLN and with 3rd & 1 with 2:35 to go in game, they handed it off to Frank Gore & he didn't pick up the 1 yard. McD challenged the spot of the ball, which the crew including an NFL official/ref agreed with challenging it, but the ruling on the field stood.

• Like 1

I  wish they would get it through their thick heads, that you can still run the ball without trying to run it straight up the middle. Everyone and their grandmother knows whats coming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn’t like it either, but Tasker said he had no problem with it because it did force DAL to use all three time outs.  With the score the way it was, that was all you needed.  If the score was closer, then you press harder for a first.  Even Dal getting the TD, it was really irrelevant.  Again, I know Tasker is a bit of a homer on the radio, but he really didn’t seem to mind that sequence.

But it's there go to sequence always, and it rarely works.

You can run sweeps, and safe screen passes that will accomplish the same thing. And if you get the first down, they have no more timeouts and the game is all but over. Why give them the ball back?