Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

The Allen to John Brown TD was into the wind

And it was a perfect throw.

Makes you wonder if Josh overthrew it like usual, but because it was into the wind, the pulled the ball back a bit and made it perfect.

• Thanks 2
  • Finger 3

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

8 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Makes you wonder if Josh overthrew it like usual, but because it was into the wind, the pulled the ball back a bit and made it perfect.

Sigh

• Thanks 1

I think the difference is that Allen is starting to play more loose and letting it fly instead of trying to throw the perfect pass. 

no, it looked intentional to me

i rewatched it about twenty times and allen threw it at a higher trajectory than normal. PLUS he really put some muscle into it

when i first saw it i thought theres no way he could avoid overthrowning a ball at that trajectory with that amount of force. but he knew exactly what he was doing

he threw the ball to make sure it got over the cb following brown, and he threw it hard bc he knew the wind was going to knock it down

as it was, it was an almost perfect throw that almost dropped right into browns arms. he had to dive and made a great catch, but it was really a phenomenal, well planned and executed throw

• Thanks 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga

Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Besides you and voodoo, who cares? ... Touchdown!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say if it were under thrown you wouldn't have made a thread that he was actually on target because of the wind.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

No...for once, I completely agree!  I don’t see this as a negative observation.

I thought the EXACT SAME THING!

Think about it.  The Bills drafted this guy with a huge arm for EXACTLY this.  When you are going into the wind in Buf, you dont have to give up on any part of the field.  I wonder if a Harris jumps on the double move thinking there is no way Josh could get a deep ball by him.  

Also, if you know you have the wind to help you out (in this case, deaden the ball), it is a great throw.  Josh is not stupid, but he is still figuring things out.  He knows he puts a little too much on his shots, so he probably knew the wind would help on that throw.  Also, it was still in a place where only his guy could get it.  Thing of beauty!

• Thanks 1

All it takes is one, hopefully he's got some confidence now in throwing the deep pass. Two weeks in a row where he connected with Brown on long TD throws. 

Geezuuzz this thread.....lets just have a fucking meteorologist come in and provide an opinion......SMH.....IT WAS AN AWESOME PASS AND AN AWESOME CATCH BY BROWN...shit like this happens believe it or not....LMAO......

• Thanks 1

JUst saying now threads like this are just plain fucking stupid...stop this shit.....its just so old now.....

Well, I took a long hard look at the play in question, and I have come to the conclusion:

Allen was actually trying to throw the ball away.  

He was spooked and hopping around like a drunk Kangaroo and finally decided to chuck it and a freak gust of wind  practically handed to Brown (who exaggerated the difficulty of the catch by stumbling at the end).  "JV" Had it right.

I guess that it is better to be lucky than good.

• Barf 1

I put a spell on you.