Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

WGR: I don’t care about “getting better”

Recommended Posts

Quoting (paraphrase) radio...

“I dont care if a player is ‘getting better’. I don’t care. The name of the game is not ‘getting better’.The name of the game is being good. Period. Be good. Chiefs fans aren’t walking around saying “Mahomes is getting better.” He’s just good.”


ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who said this? 


Orinally Posted by seandelevan

A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

 

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

 

Originally Posted by bad radio

If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

 

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Quoting (paraphrase) radio...

“I dont care if a player is ‘getting better’. I don’t care. The name of the game is not ‘getting better’.The name of the game is just being good. Period. Be good. Chiefs fans aren’t walking around saying “Mahomes is getting better.” He’s just good.”

Illogical,  not every QB is going to be Mahomes. Plus Mahomes has come back to earth after last year.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, matt83629 said:

Illogical,  not every QB is going to be Mahomes. Plus Mahomes has come back to earth after last year.

Come back down to earth... lol he’s on pace for almost 40 TD’s right?


ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Quoting (paraphrase) radio...

“I dont care if a player is ‘getting better’. I don’t care. The name of the game is not ‘getting better’.The name of the game is being good. Period. Be good. Chiefs fans aren’t walking around saying “Mahomes is getting better.” He’s just good.”

Getting better is the road to good.  The Bills are 8-3, last year they were well it wasn't 8-3.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Herodotus said:

Getting better is the road to good.  The Bills are 8-3, last year they were well it wasn't 8-3.

Having an easy schedule is why that happened.

  • Disagree 1

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom Brady says the Patriots are getting better every week and they need to work on a lot of stuff almost every goddamn week for the past 20 years!

  • Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

 

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

 

- Howard Beale, Network

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yaaaawn. 

Another one. 


Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course it's about being good.  But it's okay to talk about what it takes to get there.  There absolutely are QBs in this league that didn't just burst onto the scene as super stars.  Look at Roethlisberger's start to his career.  Played on good teams and was helped by a defense and a running game.  Didn't make the pro bowl until his 4th year.  Threw 23 INTs in year 3.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schopp is the type of person that's apparently never put in any longterm effort into being good at anything.  If he doesn't care about getting better I can't imagine him ever putting in the hours that is necessary to learn/master any skill or talent.  He's a bum who just understands that negativity in sports radio is king

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Schopp is the type of person that's apparently never put in any longterm effort into being good at anything.  If he doesn't care about getting better I can't imagine him ever putting in the hours that is necessary to learn/master any skill or talent.  He's a bum who just understands that negativity in sports radio is king

I think he's smart but I think he's gone way too far to the analytics end of the spectrum, if that makes sense.  To hear him talk about football, it almost seems like he thinks a computer could out coach everyone just by playing the numbers.  He seemingly doesn't believe in momentum or the human/emotional component of playing the game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Schopp is the type of person that's apparently never put in any longterm effort into being good at anything.  If he doesn't care about getting better I can't imagine him ever putting in the hours that is necessary to learn/master any skill or talent.  He's a bum who just understands that negativity in sports radio is king

Totally disagree.

He has done the numbers, seen the history, and knows that some things don't get better.

 


ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Buffalo13 said:

I think he's smart but I think he's gone way too far to the analytics end of the spectrum, if that makes sense.  To hear him talk about football, it almost seems like he thinks a computer could out coach everyone just by playing the numbers.  He seemingly doesn't believe in momentum or the human/emotional component of playing the game.  

I've been in Los Angeles for the last 6 years so I don't listen to him smut anymore.  But it's ironic that he's all about analytics when discussing football and yet Belichick, the most successful coach in the NFL, doesn't use analytics at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Totally disagree.

He has done the numbers, seen the history, and knows that some things don't get better.

Guess we should just determine a player's career based on a few games into his rookie campaign then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

I've been in Los Angeles for the last 6 years so I don't listen to him smut anymore.  But it's ironic that he's all about analytics when discussing football and yet Belichick, the most successful coach in the NFL, doesn't use analytics at all.

I stream it on my Alexa...it's great because I live in Philly and otherwise I'd never get any Bills info.  

Belichick absolutely uses information and analytics.  Doesn't matter what he says publicly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Guess we should just determine a player's career based on a few games into his rookie campaign then

Or how about 22 games.


ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...