Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Man, imagine what we’re going to be when we finally get a QB

26 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Obviously it wasn't.

In his post game interview Cole Beasley said it was an option route.

lol.

he may have been making fun of you thinking we ran 4 verticals a couple weeks ago.

idk though

• Finger 1

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

This offense is still a work in progress but from what i can see- they are starting to figure things out.

5. One Allen streak ended, but another one continued. The Bills’ quarterback saw his NFL-best streak of 171 consecutive pass attempts without an interception come to an end in the second quarter when he sailed a pass attempt over Brown into the arms of Broncos safety Justin Simmons.

"I thought they were in quarters and their safety was committing to the run," Allen said. "My eyes were on him. I didn't see the back side safety moving post high. They disguised it well. They made a play."

Allen, though, bounced back to throw two touchdown passes in the second half. He has at least two touchdown passes in seven consecutive games, which is the longest streak in the NFL and ties a Bills record set by Jim Kelly in 1991. Allen's 56 rushing yards pushed his career total over 1,018 in 23 games. The only other quarterbacks to do that in league history are Lamar Jackson, Robert Griffin III, Michael Vick and Cam Newton.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/11/24/buffalo-bills-nfl-denver-broncos-cole-beasley-skurski-observations/

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

15 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Agree 1000% 

but Allen is all that McDermott wants....I hate to say game manager....but that’s what Allen is basically....and that’s all McDermott wants. I seriously think McBeane honestly used the 7th pick for a big bodied game manager that Bills fans would eat up. 

I think that's what he is right now.  I think he can still be more than that.

He is from Wyoming and everyone knew he would need some time.  He certainly isn't as far along as even some rookies but isn't that expected?  There is a chance he gets better.  There is a chance that adding a better WR or TE to the roster helps him greatly.  NOT because it will make him physically more accurate, but because it can help define some reads for him and maybe they can give him a guy that can make a better play on a contested ball every once and a while.  

McDermott wants to play defense.  Yes...he does.  But he also has shown a willingness to let Dabol throw the ball a lot and run what I would call the most modern looking offense we've had that I can remember.  I live outside of Buffalo and there are plenty of fans around me who lose games like 31-27 every week and they tell me they would kill to have a defense like we have.  I'm 100% okay with what they are doing on defense so long as they show me they are trying to help the offense as well.  

• Thanks 1

That said Josh over the last 2 games took some bigger strides I think...sure he 100% did have that 1 toss that got away from him and sailed..but other than that last 2 games he has looked like a decent young 2nd year QB...still learning but making strides..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Adopt a Bill

11594018.jpg

It sucks that pass was picked off, but every QB in every game, even the GOAT has a pass get away form them

• Like 1

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

9 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

lol.

he may have been making fun of you thinking we ran 4 verticals a couple weeks ago.

idk though

Actually Lit, I was directing it towards you as Allen hit Rosen in stride with no hitches.

• Haha 1

What a dumb fucking thread. 

Expected. But still. Dumb. 

• Thanks 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

16 minutes ago, Victor7 said:

What a dumb fucking thread. 

Expected. But still. Dumb. 

You always say this but you can never refute my claims.

• Finger 1

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

19 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Too bad.

185 yards, 2 TD’s and a terrible INT is not going to cut it in the playoffs.

I’ll take it considering it was against the number 4 rated defense 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, rcas0308 said:

AND they gashed the fuck out of denver in the run game

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga

Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

3 hours ago, Meathead said:

why does that have to be the standard for all highly drafted qbs? the list of good to great qbs that started out slow, if not downright crappy, is a thousand miles long. so your expectation is illogical right off the bat. yet youre pushing it like your trying to shove yet another twinkie down fatass donalds throat

everybody on the football planet knew josh wasnt as developed as most other highly drafted qbs, that he would take more time bc he played on a relatively weak team in a lower college tier. its been said a million time but you just keep on trying to jam that twinkie come hell or high water

allen has shown remarkable progress in one seasons time. you act like that counts for nothing. last season he was one of the worst short to mid range qbs in the league. this year, hes one of the best. he hasnt thrown as much as others bc opies strategy so far has mostly been to play the weaker teams put in front of them with running and stout defense. but the stats are clear, allen has flipped the script and now is a tremendously more reliable short to medium passer

you are fixated, dude. and its getting annoying as hell

OK, let's do this another way.

Name all the Super Bowl wining QB's of the last 10-20 years that were NOT good right away.

Actually, I'll save you the work. Here you go... 

2018 - Tom Brady - Won a Super Bowl in his first year

2017 - Nick Foles - Never really good. Was on a good team. 1 point for the homers.

2016 - Tom Brady - Won a Super Bowl in his first year

2015 - Peyton Manning - Pro Bowler and 2nd-team All-Pro in his second year.

2014 - Tom Brady - Won a Super Bowl in his first year

2013 - Russel Wilson - Rookie of the year in his first year, and Super Bowl Champion in his second year

2012 - Joe Flacco - Rookie of the year in his first year. Super Bowl Champion a couple years later.

2011 - Eli Manning - Won the Division in his second year and threw 25 TD's.

2010 - Aaron Rodgers - Pro Bowler in his second year. So good they signed him to the largest QB extension.

2009 - Drew Brees - This is the homers claim to fame. The rare outlier who was bad at first and became good.

2008 - Ben Roethlisberger - Won a Super Bowl in his second year.

2007 - Eli Manning - Won the Division in his second year and threw 25 TD's.

2006 - Peyton Manning - Pro Bowler and 2nd-team All-Pro in his second year.

2005 - Ben Roethlisberger - Won a Super Bowl in his second year.

2004 - Tom Brady - Won a Super Bowl in his first year

2003 - Tom Brady - Won a Super Bowl in his first year

2002 - Brad Johnson - Never really good. Was on a good team. 1 point for the homers.

2001- Tom Brady - Won a Super Bowl in his first year

Ok - so let's do a recap here.

In the last 18 years, 15 of the 18 Super Bowl winning QB's were either a Pro-Bowler, Rookie of the Year, Division Winner or SB Champion in their first two seasons in the NFL. That's 83% of them.

Repeat that to yourself again.

In the last 18 years, 15 of the 18 Super Bowl winning QB's were either a Pro-Bowler, Rookie of the Year, Division Winner or SB Champion in their first two seasons in the NFL. That's 83% of them.

One more time now, for good measure and so that it sinks in.

So listen, I'm not pulling my opinions out of thin air. 

I'm using historical analysis.

History tells us that if a QB is not good right away (meaning, within 2 seasons), they are not going to be Super Bowl quality.

But yes, sure, there are outliers (like Foles and Brees). if you guys want to hang onto that small glimmer of hope, feel free, but I deal in reality.

You're putting you're hope in the 17%. I'm putting my hope in the 83%.

easily refutable

your basic premise is flawed. your expectation is that every highly drafted qb should be good right off the bat just bc weve had a handful of rookies who excelled their first year and beyond

No.

My premise that good QB's should be good right off the bat.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

2 hours ago, rcas0308 said:

That #4 defense gave up more yards to Gardner frigging Minshew.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

3 hours ago, Victor7 said:

What is there to refute ? Your opinion ? Because that's all that is. No facts.  

Allen is far from being a lock to be a franchise QB. I still have my doubts. But he's playing well. He's getting better. You just have this weird fixation to egg on him no matter what. Its transparent as glass and we all see it. Hence the stupidity of the thread. 

Not no-matter-what.

When he plays well, I say it.

I literally started a thread last week saying he played well.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

None of that still means the Josh Allen can't become a franchise QB

We've already seen a large amount of improvement in him from his first to second year. And like I said before, I don't think he's comparable to all these quarterbacks you are referring to because he was a known project from the start. He's not going to be in the Pro Bowl, he wasn't Rookie of the Year, and it's very unlikely he's going to be in the Superbowl this year. But that was expected. They drafted him because they desperately needed a quarterback and they liked what they saw when they evaluated him, knowing that he came from a sub-tier school, knowing that he had a crappy team around him, knowing that his coaching wasn't as good in higher tiers of college ball

Given the work that he had to make up from being behind his other highly drafted peers, I fully expect to see another big jump from this year to next. Yes, I know that is unusual, but his situation was unusual. We've seen him right before our eyes work on his biggest flaw from last year and transform himself into one of the best in the league, referring to the short and medium passing. He's also shown significant Improvement in his ability to complete Touch passes instead of always rifling everything in. It looks like he's got some more work to do on that but we know that he's concentrating on it and we know that he's working his ass off so I expect by next year he's going to be dropping dimes with touch passes

You can choose to stick to the percentages and believe what you want. You can even post that here and I don't have a problem with it. My problem is your volume. You need to crank that volume way the fuk down. Just make your case and leave it at that. Harping on it every other post makes you look bad and makes people not want to hang out here. So please, make a sincere effort to listen to what I say and follow suit

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

History tells us that if a QB is not good right away (meaning, within 2 seasons), they are not going to be Super Bowl quality.

History tells us that it usually snows about 110" over the course of winter in Buffalo. Then, there's that one year, it only snowed about 50". Does that disqualify it from being Winter?

Seek help. soflabillsfan

23 minutes ago, HipKat said:

History tells us that it usually snows about 110" over the course of winter in Buffalo. Then, there's that one year, it only snowed about 50". Does that disqualify it from being Winter?

Nope.

Which was exactly my point.

Could Josh be an outlier?

SURE!

Would I be on it?

NOPE!

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

Nope.

Which was exactly my point.

Could Josh be an outlier?

SURE!

Would I be on it?

NOPE!

In the meantime, how many records does he have? How many categories does he lead or is near the top of?

Seek help. soflabillsfan

7 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Not no-matter-what.

When he plays well, I say it.

I literally started a thread last week saying he played well.

i noticed that and was proud you gave him props

now just do that more and keep the knee-jerk negative ones to a minimum

On 11/24/2019 at 3:24 PM, seandelevan said:

The point? I’m answering the question “why isn’t allen lighting it up?” And I answered it. I’m not saying it’s allens fault. But he’s playing for a team whose philosophy is great D and run the ball. I mean 25 attempts? Come on. 

Well, yeah. When you're having that much success running the ball and eating the clock, why would you go to the air? They threw it when they needed/wanted to and won the game by 17 points. That's pretty stellar. The Broncos have/had the 4th ranked D in the league. I think you pointed out in another thread that Allen was under pressure and running for his life almost every time he dropped back. The Bills did a great job moving the ball with the run, and striking with the pass when needed. Allen tossed two TDs! I still don't get what the problem is. It was a good win against a tough opponent. It was very encouraging. Aren't you encouraged?

Be encouraged Sean.... 

• Thanks 1

No, this is all in good fun...I would never say this to your face...well, okay, but I'd say it with a smile