Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Shaq should be re-signed

Yes. It took a couple years but Lawson has finally found his stride. As long as he doesn’t want ridiculous money, signing him to an extension should be a priority. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

Point, blank, period.

He is setting the edge, stopping runs, pressuring, crashing on screens and everything else asked of him.

He is exactly the type of player that homers would be gushing about if we brought him in from another team.

It makes zero sense not to re-sign this guy.

Unless he wants tier 1 money, he needs to be a Bill next year. Otherwise, we are just going to have to replace him with another good DE.

He just can't ask for "former 1st round draft pick" money.    

And I THINK his expectations for a new contract have been tamped down due to his playing time and status on the depth chart.  If he and his agent are reasonable, he should be signed.  

• Like 2

Signature7smaller.jpg?dl=1

38 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

And I THINK his expectations for a new contract have been tamped down due to his playing time and status on the depth chart.  If he and his agent are reasonable, he should be signed.  

For a reasonable amount of money I would consider bringing him back. Lawson has improved a lot and I like his effort level but I need more pass rushing ability form my DE's.

IMO Beane has to explore all of his options including trade, free agents and the draft to see if there are better options to improve the team with a pass rushing DE.

I can see Trent Murphy being cut in the offseason and Buffalo going after a free agent like Dante Fowler or Bud Dupre or Matt Judon or Emmanuel Ogbah or Yannick Ngakoue, etc.

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

8 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

. Otherwise, we are just going to have to replace him with another good DE.

Which will be taken with a first round pick.....

• Haha 2

Orinally Posted by seandelevan

A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio

If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

He's making his presence known almost every game now. And he's done it quietly

• Trump 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

If he goes to free agency looking for the highest bid, let him go. And the Brandon Beane will

He's done most of that his whole time here, hr just doesn't rush the passer well enough to justify his draft position.  Id love to have him back

8 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

yet he 100% will..its a contract year and he is playing well you know how that goes....or at least we should know how that goes...He will be asking for and locking for the $$$ that a guy in his position actually got recently with a slight boost for inflation ...I mean is anyone really thinking he will do the "hometown discount" thing lol..he will ask for im guessing top 10 DE $$$ and see who comes the closest.

Adopt a Bill

11594018.jpg

10 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Point, blank, period.

He is setting the edge, stopping runs, pressuring, crashing on screens and everything else asked of him.

He is exactly the type of player that homers would be gushing about if we brought him in from another team.

Unless he wants tier 1 money, he needs to be a Bill next year. Otherwise, we are just going to have to replace him with another good DE.

I would agree.

14 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Point, blank, period.

I agree he should be brought back.  What should he be paid though?  What is the market for an edge-setting, 4 sack/year rotational DE?

13 hours ago, Woody said:

But will he do all of that after he gets paid?  That's what concerns me.  :niterider:

That's why we need one of those incentive contracts. I actually think they should all be like that.

• Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

20 hours ago, Woody said:

But will he do all of that after he gets paid?  That's what concerns me.  :niterider:

I think he will.  I also don't think his contract should break the bank.  McDermott and Beane got rid of EVERYONE from the past regime that they didn't like so if they kept Shaq around, it's because he is all about football and doing the right things.  At least in their minds.  

Ya I'm all for cutting Murphy and star and using some or most of the money saved on both (~9 mil) on re-signing shaq.  Mcdermott's wonky DL system relies on ~3-4 good DEs and 3-4 good DTs

If it comes does to signing either Shaq or Jordan Phillips I'm signing Phillips.

Shaq is good at the role he is currently playing but I expect he will get a bigger deal than I would want to pay him. Don't get into a bidding war for a player like him.

• Thanks 1

They’ll let both walk...since they are not McBeane picks...and be both replaced my McBeanes picks in the upcoming draft.

Orinally Posted by seandelevan

A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio

If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

12 hours ago, seandelevan said:

They’ll let both walk...since they are not McBeane picks...and be both replaced my McBeanes picks in the upcoming draft.

Dont be so sure. They both play defense! 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why resign this bum?  He is just going to take the money and loaf.

I put a spell on you.