Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

WHAT THE CRAP - Allen missed a WIDE OPEN Beasley on the crucial 3rd and 4!!!

Well, just like they said on the radio, Allen already knew where he was going...as did the browns. 

I blame McDermott again. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jayhall93 said:

Allen succumbed to pressure and went with his first read 

Beasley was his first read.

He just misread it.

Beasley was his first read on 3rd downs all game long.

0CB22FF1-C3E1-42AE-87FC-7AE065D0A66C.jpeg

55 minutes ago, daryls61 said:

There’s a chance that Beasley walks into the end zone.

I think worst case scenario is that he is tackled at the 10 to 15 yard line and we have 3 shots at the end zone before kicking a chip shot field goal to tie.

I can't stop watching this play and thinking - WTF.  How does Allen not see this? He is so helter skelter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, daryls61 said:

Allen missed Cole Beasley on that play. His mental processing and pre snap recognition has to be better. It's an area that he has gotten better but he can continue to  improve more in his game.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, daryls61 said:

I can't stop watching this play and thinking - WTF.  How does Allen not see this? He is so helter skelter.

Lol @junglesouljah is in the chat box trying to tell people that Beasley got open late.

Uh.. dude.. Brown was NEVER open and that’s where Allen threw it lol.

Between the 4th down behind-him throw to Brown ... and the overthrow of Mckenzie on the deep pass ... and missing Beasley on 3rd down with the game on the line...

ALLEN was the BIGGEST reason why we lost.

If he hits any of those plays, Hauschka doesn’t even matter.

• Like 1

INterview with John Brown on 3rd down play.  Takes responsibility. Class act.

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

Wow!!!!

Beasley was wide open! No-one covered him!

He may have scored or at least gotten close.

58DE9458-7A51-416D-8CA4-EE5DA79B44A9.jpeg

WTF was Dawkins doing?  Is Josh just throwing away from the pressure?  I’d have to rematch it from the start.

I agree, looks like an easy quick hit to Cole....I would love to know how they debrief this.  Hopefully...HARSHLY!

27 minutes ago, Bleedzbillz said:

WTF was Dawkins doing?  Is Josh just throwing away from the pressure?  I’d have to rematch it from the start.

I agree, looks like an easy quick hit to Cole....I would love to know how they debrief this.  Hopefully...HARSHLY!

Allen was under a lot of pressure on that play.

Beasley was open on that play.

It's hard to complete a pass when there is pressure in your face with a free rusher.

Myles Garrett is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL so it was a tough match up for Dawkins all day long.

Allen would have had to get rid of that pass right away with out going through all of his reads and it would be a tough pass to complete with Garrett in his face.

1 minute ago, junglesouljah said:

It's hard to complete a pass when there is pressure in your face with a free rusher.

Myles Garrett is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL so it was a tough match up for Dawkins all day long.

Allen would have had to get rid of that pass right away with out going through all of his reads and it would be a tough pass to complete with Garrett in his face.

But isn’t the mantra.....throw over, or rush past, the rusher because it’s open behind?

I’ll defend Allen more often than not because I think he’s going to be alright but he looked like year 1 Allen locking on to 1 WR too often. He has to be better against what looked like a vanilla blitzing man to man scheme 

1 hour ago, daryls61 said:

INterview with John Brown on 3rd down play.  Takes responsibility. Class act.

Class act is right.

He took the blame when Allen threw the ball behind him last week too.

14 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Beasley was Allen’s first read.

He should have thrown it.

NFL Qb’s face pressure all the time.

7 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Beasley was Allen’s first read.

He should have thrown it.

NFL Qb’s face pressure all the time.

It “should” have been his first read....doesn’t look like he read that at all..

Allen made the decision pre snap to throw it to Brown.  I don't think he knew Beasley was going to be wide open.  It's obvious he was going to Brown pre snap.  How open Beasley got is irrelevant because Allen wasn't going there.  

Kill him for the pre snap decision not the fact he missed a wide open Beasley because once he made the decision to going to Brown there was no way hes getting back to Beasley without getting killed.

Its these kind of decisions that kill drives.  He cant find his outlet on a blitz cant read blitz and pre plans his throws to guys who end up not being open.

What's even more puzzling is if you watch Beasley, he goes right to the first down line and stops.  He new exactly where the first down line was.  

He is also on the same side as the blitzer came from. Please someone correct me if I am wrong, but don't you throw to where the blitzer came from if possible, because there will be a natural void left there.

4 minutes ago, dmoney said:

What's even more puzzling is if you watch Beasley, he goes right to the first down line and stops.  He new exactly where the first down line was.  

He is also on the same side as the blitzer came from. Please someone correct me if I am wrong, but don't you throw to where the blitzer came from if possible, because there will be a natural void left there.

Not if you pre decide pre snap you are throwing a back shoulder to Brown.  You guys are dissecting irrelevance.  Allen decided pre snap he was going to Brown come hell or high water.  That was the fatal flaw