Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bleedzbillz

Ok...you hate Allen....would you trade for Cam?

Recommended Posts

I’m not kidding....if you hate the QB and you want a starter, who would you take.  Take Cam and send Allen to the bench?  
 

Really, it doesn’t  matter if the play calling doesn’t improve, but Cam CAN pass and do the other things Allen does....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DannyBoy said:

Draft Jordan Love, Utah State and let he and Allen fight it out.  

Well, McDermott preaches that competition is a good thing....I know. Nothing about Love....what round?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bleedzbillz said:

Well, McDermott preaches that competition is a good thing....I know. Nothing about Love....what round?

He's a Jr and a top 5-6 QB prospective.  Early season talk of a Heisman Trophy candidate but that went south early with the unpantsing of Utah State teams' talent this year.  He's 6'4" 227 lbs and has a good arm and speed for his size.  I would guess 2nd round.  For me I would rather see picks to get O-line help and an end rusher but if the low fruit is still hanging, go for it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bleedzbillz said:

I’m not kidding....if you hate the QB and you want a starter, who would you take.  Take Cam and send Allen to the bench?  
 

Really, it doesn’t  matter if the play calling doesn’t improve, but Cam CAN pass and do the other things Allen does....

Brittle old Cam is done.  No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DannyBoy said:

He's a Jr and a top 5-6 QB prospective.  Early season talk of a Heisman Trophy candidate but that went south early with the unpantsing of Utah State teams' talent this year.  He's 6'4" 227 lbs and has a good arm and speed for his size.  I would guess 2nd round.  For me I would rather see picks to get O-line help and an end rusher but if the low fruit is still hanging, go for it.  

 

  1. 11/7/19: In 2019, Love has completed 60 percent of his passes for 2,014 yards with nine touchdowns and 12 interceptions. He has some buzz about being a pro prospect coming off his 2018 season, when he completed 64 percent of his passes for 3,567 yards with 32 touchdowns and six interceptions.

    As a pro prospect, Love has some good tools to work with. He has a strong arm and can fire some lasers downfield and to the sideline. He also shows the ability to put air under the ball and throw touch passes. Lofting in passes between defenders and throwing receivers open can be tough for strong-armed quarterbacks as they can become too reliant on fast balls. Love does not have that issue. His pocket presence is developed, and he has some mobility to move around as well.

    However, Love still has a lot to work on, with his field vision being painfully bad. He consistently locks his eyes on his primary read and does not move them away. He stares down targets and does not look off defenders. Love must start reading the field, working through his progressions, and making better decisions. Team sources feel that Love should return for his senior year to improve before going to the NFL.

 

via walterfootball.com

 

I'd be livid if we blew a 2nd rounder on a project.  Allen needs help next year.  Get your replacement in the 2021 draft however way you need to, and get him in the 1st round.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Laughing Coffin said:
  1. 11/7/19: In 2019, Love has completed 60 percent of his passes for 2,014 yards with nine touchdowns and 12 interceptions. He has some buzz about being a pro prospect coming off his 2018 season, when he completed 64 percent of his passes for 3,567 yards with 32 touchdowns and six interceptions.

    As a pro prospect, Love has some good tools to work with. He has a strong arm and can fire some lasers downfield and to the sideline. He also shows the ability to put air under the ball and throw touch passes. Lofting in passes between defenders and throwing receivers open can be tough for strong-armed quarterbacks as they can become too reliant on fast balls. Love does not have that issue. His pocket presence is developed, and he has some mobility to move around as well.

    However, Love still has a lot to work on, with his field vision being painfully bad. He consistently locks his eyes on his primary read and does not move them away. He stares down targets and does not look off defenders. Love must start reading the field, working through his progressions, and making better decisions. Team sources feel that Love should return for his senior year to improve before going to the NFL.

via walterfootball.com

I'd be livid if we blew a 2nd rounder on a project.  Allen needs help next year.  Get your replacement in the 2021 draft however way you need to, and get him in the 1st round.

Yeah, I would agree with that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DannyBoy said:

Yeah, I would agree with that.  

now if somehow Joe Burrow slips , I would go get Burrow.  Play Allen in 2020 and if he's bad let Burrow finish the year and get some game reps, and be the guy in 2021.  But the hype around him, regardless of his physical traits, has him going maybe 1 to the Bengals now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...