Sign in to follow this  

Daboll. His plays are creative but he seems to have no situational awareness of what to call and when.

All on Daboll. He is killing Allen with his stupid play calling. He's completely clueless. He needs to be fired today

1 hour ago, HipKat said:

All on Daboll. He is killing Allen with his stupid play calling. He's completely clueless. He needs to be fired today

Allen has proven himself to be a gamer, Daboll IS clueless on how to use Allen.  It's all on Daboll.

• Like 2

50-50

Allen is not progressing and Daboll is apparently allergic to common sense like running the ball vs a shitty run D. 

I originally was on Daboll, but after slowly watching yesterday's game after the fact, it's Allen.  The plays were there.  You dont just run for the sake of running just because Cleveland in prior games couldnt stop the run.  There were plays all over the field passing and Allen either mis read them, his timing was off, or he just flat out missed them.   Add to that, terrible drops and penalties and thats how you score 16 in a game where 30+ was easily within reach. 

I don’t love Daboll.

Far from it.

But here are the facts that you and Jungle ignore.

Daboll called plays that:

- Had Mckenzie running free downfield for a TD and the QB overthrew him.

- Had John Brown open on 4th and 4 in the first quarter and the QB threw it behind him.

- Had Cole Beasley open on 3rd and 4 and no defender within 5 yards of him and the QB didn’t throw it to him.

I wish Daboll would use Singletary more, but he called plays that got several people open and the QB didn’t convert.

period.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, miamibillsnut said:

I originally was on Daboll, but after slowly watching yesterday's game after the fact, it's Allen.  The plays were there.  You dont just run for the sake of running just because Cleveland in prior games couldnt stop the run.  There were plays all over the field passing and Allen either mis read them, his timing was off, or he just flat out missed them.   Add to that, terrible drops and penalties and thats how you score 16 in a game where 30+ was easily within reach. 

Wow!

Shocking!

People are finally coming around!

20 hours ago, Klaista said:

Who is the bigger problem overall? 

Daboll.  I have lots of reservations about Allen, but Daboll cannot figure out that you have to go with a run oriented attack to beat teams that are bad against the run, but better against the pass.  I am not sold on Allen, frankly he gets at least one more year, but Daboll and whoever is doing QB coaching is not doing their job.

• Thanks 1

Daboll has never coached a top ranked offense in the NFL.

The only time Daboll coached a good offense was on a loaded Alabama team.

Daboll is terrible at half time adjustments and in game adjustments.

Devin Singletary had 8 carries vs the 30th ranked run defense.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Devin Singletary had 8 carries vs the 30th ranked run defense.

Which is grounds for immediate termination, IMO

• Thanks 2

Daboll isn't getting the best out of his players. It's his fault.

8 carries is a fucking joke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bv said:

I think the biggest regression we see with Josh Allen is his attitude. Last year you can see him dragging this team down the field on his back and this year he looks like he’s just going through the motions and that falls on coaching. It’s a coaches responsibility to have his players ready to play and to put them in the best situation to win.

If the way Daboll coaches his quarterback is getting into Allen’s head in a negative way, it’s no wonder he’s missing open receivers and he doesn’t have the same passion that it seems like he had last year

• Thanks 1

So if Josh Allen was missing receivers (he was), at what point does a competent OC give up trying and sprinkle in some runs? There was no excuse for Singletary only getting 8 carries. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bv said:

I love how the Allen haters ignore Singletary getting 8 carries vs the 30th ranked defense in the nfl.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The Chosen said:

So if Josh Allen was missing receivers (he was), at what point does a competent OC give up trying and sprinkle in some runs? There was no excuse for Singletary only getting 8 carries. 

You are exaggerating that Allen is missing receivers. He threw 2 deep passes, 1 resulted in a pass interference call and got Buffalo a 1st down.

On the Cole Beasley play he went for the back shoulder fade to John Brown. He could have thrown to Beasley but there was pressure in his face. Allen did the same in the Jets game but had  a little more time to make his throw that game.

1 hour ago, junglesouljah said:

You are exaggerating that Allen is missing receivers. He threw 2 deep passes, 1 resulted in a pass interference call and got Buffalo a 1st down.

On the Cole Beasley play he went for the back shoulder fade to John Brown. He could have thrown to Beasley but there was pressure in his face. Allen did the same in the Jets game but had  a little more time to make his throw that game.

If you feel your leadership is letting you down, then your not going to perform. That’s true in every situation. Daboll is letting his offense down

I love how the Allen haters ignore Singletary getting 8 carries vs the 30th ranked defense in the nfl.

Giving Singletary less carries means that Allen can’t throw an accurate pass?

Makes no sense.

The plays were there. Receivers were open.

Incorrect.

- He missed Brown on 4th down.

- He missed Mckenzie deep.

- He missed Beasley on 4th down.

- He audibled to Brown on 4th down when he didn’t have to (Daboll confirmed today).

The Jets game reference is something you got from Sal and is a bad point. In the Jets game, Beasley wasn’t wide open. So the throw to Brown was smart.

Flutie looked atrocious in 1999.

Everyone got what they wanted for the Tennessee playoff game.   They got 10 for 22, 110 yards.  Sackalicious Rob Johnson went 4-7 the next year(oh yeah two of his wins were finished by Van Pelt and Flutie.   Flutie went 4-1.

If you don't have a solution, well, you're just talking to talk. 

You're welcome for my bringing clarity with this post.

Both

Allen showing he isn't quite there yet. Still missing deep balls, making the wrong choice at times.

Daboll calling 41 pass plays vs. a top 10 pass D and 30th run D is inexcusable.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 10:20 AM, LiterateStylish said:

I don’t love Daboll.

Far from it.

But here are the facts that you and Jungle ignore.

Daboll called plays that:

- Had Mckenzie running free downfield for a TD and the QB overthrew him.

- Had John Brown open on 4th and 4 in the first quarter and the QB threw it behind him.

- Had Cole Beasley open on 3rd and 4 and no defender within 5 yards of him and the QB didn’t throw it to him.

I wish Daboll would use Singletary more, but he called plays that got several people open and the QB didn’t convert.

period.

This has been happening since Week 1 with Peterman last year.

Daboll isn't a genius but he is good at disguising plays and busting out with play calls that get guys wide open, or getting McKenzie jet sweeps at optimum times after pulling a defense with the fake.

Offenses aren't this efficient in the red zone with bad play calling.

It's the execution during 80% of the game where we don't even sniff scoring position that sucks.

Yes Singletary should have had more carries, but establishing the run and feeding the running game typically comes with playing with a lead.  I think Motor is bad ass, but he is a change of pace type of back.  It would be nice to pair him with a guy who is a dual threat.  Gore playing 18 snaps and getting 10 carries is terrible.  Teams are geared up and to come downhill against him, and it's hurting the offense.